For jeep lovers......WWII Ford, 2.8Lakhs

Rare World War II Ford Jeep - Delhi - Other Vehicles
Old 17th June 2009, 00:50   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Girish, one cant see your links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Same place.
He was asking a rediculous price for the buick. Same car that was rotting away in Nepeansea road.
Speedy, its not the Nepeansea road car. This Buick was the Sion car. I dont think anyone even knew it as we had to cut the garage door to get it out. I think it was stuck in there for more than 20 years.
This is bought by my friend who has given the car (sadly) to this moron for body work, so there is no way in heaven the car belongs to him, therefore he should not be pretending as if it were his car as he has no authority to sell. Tell him that when you meet him next.

Last edited by V-16 : 17th June 2009 at 00:55. Reason: merging posts
Old 17th June 2009, 01:29   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Girish, one cant see your links.

Speedy, its not the Nepeansea road car. This Buick was the Sion car. I dont think anyone even knew it as we had to cut the garage door to get it out. I think it was stuck in there for more than 20 years.
This is bought by my friend who has given the car (sadly) to this moron for body work, so there is no way in heaven the car belongs to him, therefore he should not be pretending as if it were his car as he has no authority to sell. Tell him that when you meet him next.
The car Speedy is talking about was a 1956 Buick Special sedan which probably has met its end. No idea where she landed up. This car was lying in a garage in a compound behind a bungalow. They kept some loose cloth covers on the car and the absorbed moisture rotted the car thoroughly. When the bungalow was sold to a builder, it came to the front of the compound. There they even broke one windshield.
The car Gogi is talking about was a 1958 Buick sedan without an engine. It was lying in a shuttered garage between Matunga and Dadar. I was taken there and told that the shutter can be forced open to show the car, but I would have to pay for the shutter repair. So we went away as it was clear that there was no engine. And a picture of that car can be found somewhere on the forum, probably posted by V16 himself.
Old 17th June 2009, 09:50   #1414
Senior - BHPian

There was an early twenties Bean tourer for sale long ago in some district town in Andhra Pradesh. Doc Venkat Rao was the mediator on this.Any idea if this car was bought by any collector and what has happened to it.

It was a very rare car to find in the first place but the price was also equally amazing.

Wasif
Old 17th June 2009, 11:06   #1415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
There was an early twenties Bean tourer for sale long ago in some district town in Andhra Pradesh. Doc Venkat Rao was the mediator on this.Any idea if this car was bought by any collector and what has happened to it.
It was a very rare car to find in the first place but the price was also equally amazing.
Wasif
The Bean, which was light blue in colour has been bought. I am not sure where she has gone, maybe Rajasthan.
Along with this Bean there were supposed to be an Auburn and a Veteran, a 1902 Alldays & Onions which hano engine. The Alldays is still without engine but restored in Indore. The Auburn, which was also without an engine went to Indore and onward to Delhi. Maybe when she is ready, she will be the second find of the year.
This Bean is probably the last one around in India, but there were more.
Old 17th June 2009, 12:33   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
2.5 Lakhs for a Lowlite saloon? Agreed its in excellent condition, but then...

The more I see these, the more I crave that the gentleman mentioned in this post would change his mind:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post1284819
this lowlite morris was bought from my friend in banglaore by one guy in trivandrum for Rs.140000/- about 4 months back.this guy is trying if he can make a fast buck out of it!!!
Old 17th June 2009, 13:17   #1417
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
this lowlite morris was bought from my friend in banglaore
So its Girish's Morris?
Old 17th June 2009, 13:26   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

1956 Fiat available @ 75 K, here are the pictures, few original missing parts like front parking lights, side trims and steering wheel will be fitted later. rest as it is. recently 25 K has been spent on paint and refurbishing.

Please suggest is it worth buying the car or not.

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc03098.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc03099.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc03100.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc03104.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc03108.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc03109.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc03110.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc03111.jpg

These pictures are taken after painting but before finishing.
Old 17th June 2009, 13:26   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
So its Girish's Morris?
No, I do not have any Morris, and I am from Mangalore
Old 17th June 2009, 13:38   #1420
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
No, I do not have any Morris, and I am from Mangalore

Oh sorry. I meant your friend from Bangalore, Is his name Girish too?
Old 17th June 2009, 13:44   #1421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

Oh sorry. I meant your friend from Bangalore, Is his name Girish too?
my friends name is binoy, I think he bought it from some body called GIRISH who happens to be from KERALA
Old 17th June 2009, 20:13   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Guys,

1956 Fiat available @ 75 K, here are the pictures, few original missing parts like front parking lights, side trims and steering wheel will be fitted later. rest as it is. recently 25 K has been spent on paint and refurbihing.

No way Jose! Though it has quite a lot of original stuff, it lacks a lot of original stuff too!! so make a 40K offer max. See my MTP 8389 thread to see what your missing and then make your offer.

Last edited by the mole : 17th June 2009 at 20:14.
Old 17th June 2009, 21:11   #1423
Senior - BHPian

Bro the car looks in good nick. See the rims (drool drool)...manishalive, bargain and get it. I doubt if you can get it for 40K. If you want these cars which are fast getting scarce, go for it even if you have to pay around 50-55K the lights, engine with original aircleaner and rims are worth it.
Old 17th June 2009, 22:17   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Bro the car looks in good nick. See the rims (drool drool)...manishalive, bargain and get it. I doubt if you can get it for 40K. If you want these cars which are fast getting scarce, go for it even if you have to pay around 50-55K the lights, engine with original aircleaner and rims are worth it.
I with Gogi.

The car is in very good condition and bodyline for further upgradation and restoration to OH REE G NALITY. These cars are worth far more than the other Fiat 1100's available today and they are getting scarce and rarer to find.
If I needed one more like this, I would not think twice for 75K as well.
However, if there is scope for bargain why not try, but I would advise not to let it go.
Old 18th June 2009, 00:20   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Guys,

1956 Fiat available @ 75 K, here are the pictures, few original missing parts like front parking lights, side trims and steering wheel will be fitted later. rest as it is. recently 25 K has been spent on paint and refurbishing.

Hi Manish, hope you remain alive after swallowing this car. Just playing with word, nothing personal.

Now seriously, if you like the car, buy it and thats the end of it. There is always a market value which is notional. Even if you were to exceed this value, normally the value does catch up. Say a collector item is worth Rs 100/-. Now you cannot find such an item at this price. Suddenly one similar good condition item crops up at Rs 125/-. What do you do? Well, if you have the liquidity and are buying for pleasure, I dare suggest that you buy it at that price, i.e. at a 25% premium. Within a year so two the value will not only catch up, but will exceed. And you will have stock which is in a condition by now even more difficult to get. I have certain cars, where I tell my friends the purchase price and the year bought, they admit that it was foresight, to put it politely. But now I have 2 Dodge Chargers, one bought from Chor bazar, and the second came from the stock of a filmwalla, the car was meant to be demolished. I do not care about the value today, if one sees the sad condition of these cars he will understand. But I got stock with huge potential.
Sometimes emotions and desires should go ahead of economics, then you will be called a passionate fool. Only for sometime, ask me, I have been there. And I can afford to write this post.
But, always be careful. Do not exceed too much, that can bomb. What the Dilliwallas have been doing was excessive.

Best of luck with your final decision, which will be yours and only yours.

Last edited by harit : 18th June 2009 at 00:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks