Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2012, 18:53   #1951
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
No luck for me either, as someone said earlier, I had mixed feelings about it so not much disappointment. However, I wish I had won the lottery and may not have to worry about increase in tax or the vehicle price itself in future.
Me too not lucky this time. I had two applications too. Both didnt get picked
Old 15th February 2012, 18:58   #1952
BHPian

Perfect time for Storme and Duster launch. They have 15000 bookings for the taking if they price it right.
Old 15th February 2012, 19:00   #1953
BHPian

Could have been much better, if they put us on HOLD & give us a waiting time of may be 7-8 months (for those who can wait).
Atleast, I would have a surety that I would get it post 8 months.
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 19:04   #1954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseling View Post
I WON, I WON !

Won Rs. 80,000/- in the lottery

Maybe this is blessing in disguise and I shall give M&M more time to sort out niggles and bring out a W4.
I really salute your positive attitude and sense of humour man.
What have we won is an "opportunity" to buy a car after paying the full increased price and be a guinea pig for M&M so that you won't suffer next time.
Old 15th February 2012, 19:10   #1955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Perfect time for Storme and Duster launch. They have 15000 bookings for the taking if they price it right.
If the logic of 73000+ bookings are correct, 73,000 - 8000 = 65,0000 bookings are there for grabs by Storme and Duster Et All.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Could have been much better, if they put us on HOLD & give us a waiting time of may be 7-8 months (for those who can wait).
Atleast, I would have a surety that I would get it post 8 months.
I really prefer this attitude. If a customer is prepared to wait, he should be allowed to do so.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 19:25   #1956
BHPian

just an observation - please have a look at XUV FB page.

Many people have got multiple bookings confirmed & many others are offering to sell some of their over booked cars.
"Team Anna Hazare" feeling going for a toss now :(
Old 15th February 2012, 19:27   #1957
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
Congrats to all those who won in the lottery! Those who were not so lucky, don't worry it is a blessing in disguise for you as eventually you can buy the XUV at a later stage when the niggles are sorted out!
You have the Renault Duster and the Ecosport to look forward to and hopefully these will also be very strong value propositions.
Somehow the lottery system has spoilt the enthusiasm of so many genuine auto enthusiasts and it reminds one of the licence raj times when one had to wait years to get a Maruti / Bajaj Scooter/ Landline!
Then came the time when Tata's launched Indica and people actually waited upto a year to get their car!

What I would recommend to Mahindra is actually to hike the price by 1.5 lacs and iron out all the product and service issues and actually cater to the genuine buyers and not the mass market which is jumping just because they can get a much bigger car for the same money that they would spend for a sedan. (But that's just my opinion!)

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 15th February 2012 at 19:28.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 19:45   #1958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
just an observation - please have a look at XUV FB page.

Many people have got multiple bookings confirmed & many others are offering to sell some of their over booked cars.
"Team Anna Hazare" feeling going for a toss now :(
Naveen - I thought that there was a rule by M&M that bookings cannot be transferred to someone else. The Maximum they allow is to Facilitate Corporate Lease scheme (Hypothecated to Corporate Company). So If I am ready to buy the Booking from ABCD on Facebook, Would it ultimately result in me getting my vehicle or would Mahindra Rule out this probablity and conduct another draw for the (7200 - cancelled people) left out.
Old 15th February 2012, 19:50   #1959
Senior - BHPian

I advise people looking for other cars to check out Aria too. Its not that bad as its made out to be. If someone is ready to go for Storme should look for Aria too which is availabe without any delay.

Other option to buy from the dealer/seller like carwale with almost 2 lac premium charged openly.

Last edited by carwatcher : 15th February 2012 at 20:18.
Old 15th February 2012, 20:05   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Naveen - I thought that there was a rule by M&M that bookings cannot be transferred to someone else. The Maximum they allow is to Facilitate Corporate Lease scheme (Hypothecated to Corporate Company). So If I am ready to buy the Booking from ABCD on Facebook, Would it ultimately result in me getting my vehicle or would Mahindra Rule out this probablity and conduct another draw for the (7200 - cancelled people) left out.

See - if people are ready to buy a 2nd hand car (getting transferred from someone else on day 1). I dont think it should be an issue for many people, who don't change their cars too often & they keep it for years.
& After 5-6-7 years, it hardly makes a difference if it is second hand or third hand (Does it ? )
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 21:30   #1961
BHPian

Hey All, I was lucky in this draw. I feel sorry for the people who were unlucky.But they have good option to select from as soon to be launched Duster and other mini-SUV, but few people who are lucky in this draw are mostly running out of time as the budget is approaching fast and we don't know when the deliveries are going to start, I think only first batch of people will be lucky to get the current pricing. I also second Naveen's opinion that people should be given an option by M&M, where it can retain the 80K with them and assure them the vehicle delivery in next coming months, of course 80K should be adjusted with interest at current marketing rate. This way they can have some loyal and genuine customers. Otherwise the competition is not so long to catchup.
vrrraju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 22:05   #1962
Senior - BHPian

I feel a sizeable chunk of those who lost this draw are going to shun M&M and their products completely even in their future purchase decisions.

Loss for Mahindra, but I don't think they will bother anyways.

Though I have nothing to do with this draw or the car, I simply hate this idea of draw.
bala80 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 22:20   #1963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I feel a sizeable chunk of those who lost this draw are going to shun M&M and their products completely even in their future purchase decisions.
Not sure about that, Read few posts prior to this. naveenchhillar, hemanth.anand are considering Scorpio. Ketan is ready to wait for the next draw whenever it happens. So defenitely the draw dont have any negative effect about Mahindra in the minds of those who really tried their luck this time.
But those who lost, look at the positives, Now you got a chance to see Safari Strome before going with XUV. If there is a price/duty hike post budget, defenitely those who booked now will have to shell out the additional money any way. No need to say less niggles.

Last edited by teamveevee : 15th February 2012 at 22:24.
Old 15th February 2012, 22:34   #1964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Not sure about that, Read few posts prior to this. naveenchhillar, hemanth.anand are considering Scorpio. Ketan is ready to wait for the next draw whenever it happens. So defenitely the draw dont have any negative effect about Mahindra in the minds of those who really tried their luck this time.
For those who have known the car deep & have considered the right options or back up, they would NOT feel cheated. But those who want "some" car just for the lime light & the feel good factor, will turn away. For them it was just a try for XUV 500 and tomorrow they will go and pick another car. Am sure these people may have NO idea what to expect from XUV 500 and would have booked due to the hype. This bunch will become more of a head ache to M&M had they won the draw and once start finding the niggles.

Off-Topic
:
I read a comment from a guy in FB, who was not lucky. He says that he will buy Fortuner as M&M ditched him. C'mon, if he had the cash for Fortuner, why settle for XUV 500? It's clear that he wants an SUV and is NOT bothered about the segment or even the features / target audience.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th February 2012 at 22:37.
Old 15th February 2012, 23:03   #1965
BHPian

This is a perfect opportunity for other car makers to clean up and come up with value propositions that rivals the XUV, there is money for the taking here if they were perceptive and acted fast.

15 lakhs is not cheap in any market so this is not mass market, that's $30k the price you would get a pretty good SUV in most markets so it cannot be mass market product in a 'poor country' like India.

Given this is the worst possible way to deploy 15 lakhs and pray, competition should step up, those who didn't get it will feel short changed, those who did will have heightened expectations which may not be met.

In a proper competitive market this situation would not arise.
raul is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks