Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2016, 07:39   #5266
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adik1984 View Post
Hi Dear,
Can you share the links from where the above 2 are procured? I tried searching for LED pilot lamps, but not sure about the authenticity.

Much Thanks!
Hi adik,
I bought the LED pilot lamps from Amazon and the Stainless Double Muffler tip from ebay India. I'm using the LED lamps for the last 9 months and it's OK for the price point. Following are the links for the two items.

http://www.amazon.in/Auto-Pearl-Park...ilpage_o00_s00

http://www.ebay.in/itm/STAINLESS-STE...-/331710232130
Old 30th July 2016, 08:15   #5267
BHPian

Do any one know where the cabin air filter is located for S-Cross? And how this can be accessed and cleaned our-self if need be.
Old 30th July 2016, 08:42   #5268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Hi adik,
I bought the LED pilot lamps from Amazon and the Stainless Double Muffler tip from ebay India. I'm using the LED lamps for the last 9 months and it's OK for the price point. Following are the links for the two items.
Hi Sree, I have also ordered the led bulbs for my civic; any inputs on where and how they are fitted?
Old 30th July 2016, 09:12   #5269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Hi Sree, I have also ordered the led bulbs for my civic; any inputs on where and how they are fitted?
Hi Civik-dk,

Bulb replacement is very simple. Can do it yourself. Just remove the connector. Rotate the holder base anticlockwise. Takeout the holder. Replace the lamp (T10 base for S-Cross. Not sure about Civic). And then assemble it back.

Last edited by Sree73 : 30th July 2016 at 09:14.
Old 30th July 2016, 10:31   #5270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thanks for posting this.

I went for 3rd servicing of my 1.3 with the same clunking noise problem. Initially the Pasco folks could not diagnose it. So I showed them your post, after which a MUL engineer examined and ordered for a replacement of the "dead axle". The part was not available in stock and should be in tomorrow / day after.

Can you post a copy of the bill or share the part number that got replaced in your car ?

Thank You
As per the Bill, Material Part Description - BEAM ASSYREAR SPNSN and Material Part Number - 46500M65M51
smitz4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 11:47   #5271
BHPian

Please take care of rodents.. Today I opened the bonnet and to my surprise a big rat, really big about 6-8" body size (not counting the tail) sitting on the left hand side near the brake fluid container. I couldn't capture a photo because, the bonnet lid was not supported with the stand and by that time it jumped out and ran away..

I park in a clean basement parking and may be because of the incessant rain two days back, this got into the bonnet.. I check under the hood every week and hence this one might have got in the last couple of days only.

It had cut the foam/sponge cushion on the top near the hinge of the bonnet. Thoroughly checked for any damages including wire / hose cuts. Nothing visible as of now. Started the engine and kept idle for 5 minutes. No issues noticed..
Old 30th July 2016, 12:40   #5272
BHPian

Quote:

It had cut the foam/sponge cushion on the top near the hinge of the bonnet. Thoroughly checked for any damages including wire / hose cuts.
The cut foam near the bonnet support.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 13:00   #5273
BHPian

Today I had a 40 Km test drive of the S Cross 1.6 in a mix of city roads and ORR Hyderabad

What I like
Car Accelerates real fast. 100 feels like 60 to 70 Kmph in the Swift. Tested upto 160 kmph and it was rock stable

Turbo will be addictive

Handles really well.

Driving in the city is fine. Somewhat Similar to Swift. I did not feel the need to change the driving style

Excellent support from the Seats. Test Drive car had 22000 kms on the ODO. The Seats did not age that well though. Probably they need to maintain it better.

Interiors are neat and clean. I kind of like of Black interiors, so it added to the appeal

Layout of the ICE is good. Driver centric compared to the Duster

Cruise Control works well. Set it and leave it especially on ORR where chance of people crossing is very minimal

Excellent rear space and cabin space.

Negatives
NHV levels are bad. Outside noise totally drained the Radio sound at 100 + kmph speeds. Audio Volume level @7

Engine noise is prevalent at all speeds similar to Swift

Hill assist should have been there

Mileage claimed was 15-18 kmpl. Test Drive car show 10.5 kmpl

Stalks to scroll through the MID are old

Steering / Buttons from Swift should not have been used in Scross.

Head rest for the rear seat is not comfortable

Small boot for the car dimensions

Still cannot love the shape. Maybe because I like a flatter bonnet for the SUV look

Verdict
NHV is a big deterrent for me after test driving the Creta. Refinement in that was exceptional. I was wondering if I was driving a petrol motor

Dad somehow was not keen on the S Cross after hearing the price. Shape matters Maruti. Grand Vitara Shape with this engine will do wonders.

Mostly rejected as it feels like a Swift with better interiors and Engine
indian21r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 13:14   #5274
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Civik-dk,

Bulb replacement is very simple. Can do it yourself. Just remove the connector. Rotate the holder base anticlockwise. Takeout the holder. Replace the lamp (T10 base for S-Cross. Not sure about Civic). And then assemble it back.
Sree, need some more clarity. Does the bulb go into headlight assembly?
Old 30th July 2016, 13:31   #5275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Sree, need some more clarity. Does the bulb go into headlight assembly?
Yes, In S-Cross, the Parking light, Indicator light and Headlight goes into the Same assembly.

You can access the connectors and base for these lamps from the rear end of the assembly. I do not know how the set up is for Civic. You open the bonnet lid and just see. Generally, any lamp replacements should be very easy and can be done by ourselves without any help from service people.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-3.jpg  

Old 30th July 2016, 13:50   #5276
BHPian

S Cross now no longer has the sheet metal under the body. I checked it and the SA also confirmed that it had been removed
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 15:33   #5277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Calm, sedate and looks boring.
On the highway, its a completely different animal - DDIS320 Beast !!

Attachment 1534985
Impressive Indeed. Does the 2016 model for India has the Triple-lined chrome front grille ? The 2015 model obviously featured the thick Double-lined chrome grille.
I'am quite keen to replace it with the triple-line grille Can anyone suggest from where I can procure it ?
Old 30th July 2016, 15:42   #5278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
S Cross now no longer has the sheet metal under the body. I checked it and the SA also confirmed that it had been removed
I think you meant the fibre underbody protection cover? It's good to prevent the underbody from rusting. So even 3M guys do not advice underbody treatment for S-Cross.

Sad to know that it's removed now.
Old 30th July 2016, 19:02   #5279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please take care of rodents.. Today I opened the bonnet and to my surprise a big rat, really big about 6-8" body size (not counting the tail) sitting on the left hand side near the brake fluid container. I couldn't capture a photo because, the bonnet lid was not supported with the stand and by that time it jumped out and ran away..

I park in a clean basement parking and may be because of the incessant rain two days back, this got into the bonnet.. I check under the hood every week and hence this one might have got in the last couple of days only.

It had cut the foam/sponge cushion on the top near the hinge of the bonnet. Thoroughly checked for any damages including wire / hose cuts. Nothing visible as of now. Started the engine and kept idle for 5 minutes. No issues noticed..
Blasted Bandicoots. Horrible wicked rodents.
Sadly, they love humans because we are a source of food for them with our garbage and waste habits.
And nowadays every street has one or two eateries and these definitely attract big monster rats.
I see the nasty little devils scuttling about in the neighbourhood every morning when I walk my dogs. There is nothing one can do really. They are a part of the landscape and are real survivors.
Natural predators like Eagles, Hawks, Kites and Cats also don't seem to be able to keep the Rat population sufficiently down. Some of these Bandicoots can put up a serious fight even with a Cat.
The most dangerous thing about these creatures is they are definite carriers of Typhus, Leptospirosis and even rabies. Be very careful with them.
A good way to catch the beasts is to buy a large tough wooden trap, heat a piece of Coconut and place it as bait, set the trap and leave it - chances are you will get one of them. Because they love the smell and taste of Heated coconut.
They are very tough. Don't die easily even if shot with an air rifle or air pistol. Only those very powerful CO2 Air rifles can be reasonably guaranteed to kill them and even then you need a clean shot and these beasts rarely remain still enough to shoot easily.
In any case, getting a CO2 powered air rifle/ gun in India isn't too easy either.
Hence the Trap is more accessible and more efficient overall.
There are poisons like Warfarin which kills these rats by causing them to haemorrhage internally - Im scared of such things and never use them because of my dogs as well as all the poor stray dogs nearby too. Additionally a rat killed by using poison will get somehow into the ecosystem and food chain because the rat carcass gets taken by predatory birds and others and harms them too. Hence Poison is NOT to be used.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 30th July 2016 at 19:06.
shankar.balan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 20:04   #5280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
A good way to catch the beasts is to buy a large tough wooden trap, heat a piece of Coconut and place it as bait, set the trap and leave it - chances are you will get one of them. Because they love the smell and taste of Heated coconut.
They are very tough. Don't die easily even if shot with an air rifle or air pistol.
There are poisons like Warfarin which kills these rats by causing them to haemorrhage internally - Im scared of such things and never use them because of my dogs as well as all the poor stray dogs nearby too. Additionally a rat killed by using poison will get somehow into the ecosystem and food chain because the rat carcass gets taken by predatory birds and others and harms them too. Hence Poison is NOT to be used.
Try placing tobacco in plastic bag in the engine bay. It worked for me.

Heated coconut is a nice tip. I used to catch them with heated bacon. They just can't resist the smell of bacon.

I never tried warfarin. The problem with these drugs or poison is that the carcass creates a terrible stink. I usually just release them far away.
ortho_surgeon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks