Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2020, 19:45   #7891
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I got a great price on this one in Bangalore. Almost 10K off. And it's imported from Korea. Feather touch controls, 4 swing arm with three water sprays etc. Waiting for installers to come since LG has switched off all lines. This model can be controlled even from your workplace using your phone
Can you please post some pictures on the tap connections for this model? I too blocked the same model from Croma and would like to understand how this has to be connected. Also, does the installer carry any small parts/connectors that may be required for connecting this to a tap?
Old 30th June 2020, 21:29   #7892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Can you please post some pictures on the tap connections for this model? I too blocked the same model from Croma and would like to understand how this has to be connected. Also, does the installer carry any small parts/connectors that may be required for connecting this to a tap?
I have the same machine, all you need is a male 3/4inch BSP thread outlet (the machine has the 3/4 inch female thread input). If you have a threaded 1/2 inch tap out like those for washing machines, then you will need a 1/2 inch to 3/4inch HEX nipple.

No idea about what the installer carries, since I installed it myself, as you can see from my username.
DIY410 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 21:32   #7893
Senior - BHPian

Good question. We fixed a tap from ESSESS with threading at the bottom. You cant see the threading at the bottom (in this pic) since that cap needs to be unscrewed. This was fixed by my plumber. It needs a separate exit plumbing for water to go out, so ensure this is dedicated. This tap will grip the 'washing machine like nozzle fixture (which I bought separately, and not carried by the installer). Electrical-wise we had the one for washing machine, that was 15 amps, so it was suggested that if both run together there will be overload and a separate 15A box was fixed.
Quote:
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-images.jpg  

Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 21:53   #7894
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week we were looking to replace our Preethi Mixer Grinder and had shortlisted the Ultra (Elgi) 750 watt models (the metallic range is awesome but didn't want to spend 9k on those models!). Had zeroed in on the Ultra Stealth model, plastic body, 3 metal jars and priced ~5k). First checked at local stores and found prices were less than online ones, but found that Ultra charges Rs.250 for every service complaint registered during warranty since they do a home visit to fix the issue. The other problem was their mixers are in low supply due to lower demand/sales.
Looked at Prestige Delight 750 watt with 3 jars. MRP 5200 but was available at a discounted price of Rs.3100. Initial experience is very good as per wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Any users of Dyson stick cordless vacuums, is the price justified? Wife is insistent on one, and I want to know if any other brands are the same.
Just saw your post, hence the delayed response.
During the peak of lockdown, without domestic help at home, we were considering buying the Dyson V11 and reached out to Mod @Vid6639 who has been using them for couple of years or more. He said the V10 is actually value for money compared to the V11.

However, due to delayed import shipments the dyson vacs may not be immediately available. You can order online on their website.

I've delayed my purchase decision indefinitely since there is no pressing need at the moment.

Last edited by NPV : 30th June 2020 at 22:05.
Old 30th June 2020, 22:38   #7895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
I am looking for a new Samsung convertible refrigerator. Specific models under consideration are 465L (RT47K6238UTTL) and 476L (RT49K6758S9) models.

Any feedback regarding either of these models and Samsung service feedback in Bangalore/ Whitefield will be helpful.
I wouldn't recommend Samsung as my brother in laws conked off within 3.5 years. The convertible has complex electronics with movable solenoid flaps to regulate cooling.

3 weeks back I bought 500 Ltr whirlpool which is much better than Samsung. New one replaced my old 14 years old whirlpool fridge.
My suggestion would be for whirlpool
Chalu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 07:18   #7896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post

No idea about what the installer carries, since I installed it myself, as you can see from my username.
I replaced my normal Faucet with Angle Valve. Readers must be aware of these being randomly used to connect Water Heaters, Sinks etc.
Further, used a Flexible Connector. Now I had the choice of cutting of the other end of this Flexible Connector and that of the W/Machine and use a straight connector, tightened with Jubilee Clamps. But I found another Connector, which helped me without much hassle.

The Home Appliance thread-20200701_070608.jpg

The Home Appliance thread-20200701_070641.jpg
Old 1st July 2020, 10:40   #7897
Senior - BHPian

As soon as I reached home I clicked the actual set up. There is a small variation. Now, there is a pre-filter and softener (Mom procured from another technician). Then the LG machine has it's own softener (comes with the machine). But yeah, that's a lot of plugs there. But this machine is fantastic (could be the steam cleaning), better than the Bosch we had. 5 year warranty was purchased from LG paying 7K extra since there are a lot of moving parts (for peace of mind)
Quote:
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_0827.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 1st July 2020 at 10:43.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 11:06   #7898
BHPian

Quote:
As soon as I reached home I clicked the actual set up. There is a small variation. Now, there is a pre-filter and softener (Mom procured from another technician). Then the LG machine has it's own softener (comes with the machine). But yeah, that's a lot of plugs there. But this machine is fantastic (could be the steam cleaning), better than the Bosch we had. 5 year warranty was purchased from LG paying 7K extra since there are a lot of moving parts (for peace of mind)
Is that Arrow Sign on the Pre-Filter a Logo or indicative of Water flow direction ?

I enlarged the picture and found it with instructions as "Flow Direction"and appears to be heading into Faucet. I agree it is deceptive and installed in a manner that the inscription is readable. Do I need to say more ?

I hope I have not blown that Peace of Mind you were looking for

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 1st July 2020 at 11:15.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 11:14   #7899
KPR
BANNED

With lock down almost all dishwashers (esp Bosch 12 place setting that I'm looking for) have got sold out both in physical stores and through online platforms. The only one known brand available for delivery through Flipkart to my area is BPL dishwasher. Any users here in this forum and any review on it? Flipkart reviews are decent. I'm afraid about the service support for it in future. It costs less than Bosch 12 place setting too. I don't want to spend 50K plus for LG machine. Suggestions from members will help.
Old 1st July 2020, 11:30   #7900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Thanks.
Have done preliminary Specifications check at Amazon. Would visit a Showroom for further physical check prior to purchase.
In the meanwhile all independent reviews in the forum shall be considered as valuable.
Regards.
Finally went ahead with 'Elica'.

Not satisfied with 2 Nos. of incandescent Bulbs of 40W emitting age old Yellow Light passing through partially ground glass, I installed a 18-20W LED light 24" long (supposed to be, but an inch shorter). Light hitting the Face / Eyes is bothersome and not advisable. So affixed Aluminium Tape on the Front Side. Unscrewed and removed the original Bulbs. It is not firmly fixed but just sandwiched tightly between the two cupboards on its sides.
External Switch is on Right Corner above Light. I could have hooked it to the Built-in Switch of the Chimney also (as I had done earlier too) but did not want to tamper with the Warranty issue. It is presently connected in parallel to the Chimney Power supply.

Ample Light - All White

The Home Appliance thread-01.jpg

The Home Appliance thread-02.jpg

The Home Appliance thread-03.jpg

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 1st July 2020 at 11:56.
Old 1st July 2020, 11:39   #7901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
With lock down almost all dishwashers (esp Bosch 12 place setting that I'm looking for) have got sold out both in physical stores and through online platforms. The only one known brand available for delivery through Flipkart to my area is BPL dishwasher. Any users here in this forum and any review on it? Flipkart reviews are decent. I'm afraid about the service support for it in future. It costs less than Bosch 12 place setting too. I don't want to spend 50K plus for LG machine. Suggestions from members will help.
Today most of the appliances are imported. Some companies that have established presence in manufacturing and service (Kaff, Hindware, Bosch etc) can give you long term service backup. Unfortunately BPL does not have either commitment or the service network to maintain your appliance beyond a couple of years. So I would be wary of getting any major appliance from BPL.

In late 1990 we had bought BPL Sanyo cooking range. It was the best available and was fantastic. The only problem was that after a few years BPL stopped that line hence there was no service and no spare parts. When the parts started failing, I repaired them as best as I could, but after 20 years when the major sub assemblies developed fault we had to replace it.

NOTE both our Faff cooking range and Hindware chimney are imported from Italy. But as both the companies have a large service network and stock parts long term service will not be a problem.

The Home Appliance thread-osc_6333.jpg
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 11:49   #7902
BHPian

Quote:
But this machine is fantastic (could be the steam cleaning), better than the Bosch we had. 5 year warranty was purchased from LG paying 7K extra since there are a lot of moving parts (for peace of mind)
Thanks Sebring. All my appliances at home are from LG and i usually opt for the extended warranty even though I haven't experienced premature failure of appliances.

I purchased a threaded washing machine adapter from Amazon (similar to this) so that I can fit the hose directly to the tap.

Last edited by mtnrajdeep : 1st July 2020 at 11:54.
Old 1st July 2020, 11:52   #7903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Today most of the appliances are imported.

Attachment 2023649
Please note that the well established manufacturers / International Brands have mostly shifted their manufacturing hub to China or other South Asian Countries and the Packing may bear just the name of the Country where their Head Office is located. Not necessarily the country of manufacture. The packing may have print in various International Languages, as is even with most of the Indian Products too.
The Picture you posted does read "KAFF ITALY". Does the Machine anywhere bear the Stamp as 'Made in Italy' ? Yet, sorry to say, the Packing (Wooden Casing) does not look like a European work or maybe I am Wrong.

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 1st July 2020 at 12:12.
Old 1st July 2020, 11:59   #7904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
I have a Phillips Air Fryer and am quite happy with it. Initially the taste of the food takes some getting used to but after 3 or 4 days you won't notice the difference.

Regards,
SS
Thanks for the suggestion. Got the Phillips one for 10K from Amazon within 36 hours! Loving it so far.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 12:27   #7905
Senior - BHPian

Heh Heh, No - that's the correct side up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
I hope I have not blown that Peace of Mind you were looking for

Most Viewed