Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2020, 12:51   #8131
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Anyone has any feedback on heat pump water heaters ?
How is it in terms of maintenance?
Can all geysers in house be replaced by single heat pump provided there is insulated line to all bathrooms ?
I did some google search and theoretically it should consume less electricity but how much is electricity savings compared to regular heat elememt based geyser ?
A plumber adviced to use heat pump water heater in conjunction with solar water heater. As anyway insulated water line is being laid to all the points.
Old 29th August 2020, 13:09   #8132
BHPian

Folks does anyone have any recommendations for a mini home Air purifier. I have been using the Philips 1000 series for over a year now. Looking for something sufficient to work with an area of about 150 Sq feet.
The Philips 800 series is the obvious choice. Any other information is welcome.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 29th August 2020 at 13:10.
Old 29th August 2020, 16:59   #8133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
A plumber adviced to use heat pump water heater in conjunction with solar water heater.
I know that your climate is not like Chennai, but I'd say that you still wouldn't need anything else in conjunction with a solar water heater. You don't even need full-blue-sky strong sunshine, you just need it not to rain all day.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 22:03   #8134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
A plumber adviced to use heat pump water heater in conjunction with solar water heater. As anyway insulated water line is being laid to all the points.
Thad is correct. My friends are using Solar water heaters at 2400m and even in winters they don't feel the need of any additional heating. I will be getting one installed in a few years as well and it should be enough on it's own even in my area in Himachal as there are many satisfied people around me who are using them. Best thing is to get proper insulation done and buy a good insulated water tank.
rdst_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 01:44   #8135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Folks does anyone have any recommendations for a mini home Air purifier. I have been using the Philips 1000 series for over a year now. Looking for something sufficient to work with an area of about 150 Sq feet.
The Philips 800 series is the obvious choice. Any other information is welcome.
We got two of these a few months back. Used them at home initially and then shifted them to my wife's salon. They work pretty well and are priced nicely as are the replacement filters. The build quality is more Maruti than Tata but nothing to worry about.

https://www.amazon.in/Glen-Purifier-...oginhydrmob-21
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 11:58   #8136

Washing Machine Recommendation

Hello

I'm looking for a 6.2Kg fully automatic top loading washing machine. I am specifically looking for one that

1. Can accommodate powder/ liquid detergent
2. Has a provision to add fabric softener.
3. RPM >= 740 RPM

Budget - 18K

Location - Kolkata

Looking forward to your suggestions
Old 30th August 2020, 15:57   #8137
BHPian

Re: Washing Machine Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackystrat View Post
Hello

I'm looking for a 6.2Kg fully automatic top loading washing machine. I am specifically looking for one that

1. Can accommodate powder/ liquid detergent
2. Has a provision to add fabric softener.
3. RPM >= 740 RPM

Budget - 18K

Location - Kolkata

Looking forward to your suggestions
Why not a Frontloader? You can get one at around 22-23K, they offer far better wash quality with far less water consumption. Go for a LG.
Old 30th August 2020, 21:09   #8138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Do update about your final choice. I am also in the same boat and hunting for a new one with basic microwave oven and convection options with capacity 28 L. Have you checked out any of the Bosch's models or researched on difference between Quartz vs element heaters?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
So, ordered and received Panasonic NN-64HB, the link of the product can be found here.
I wanted a no-frill model but with good basic function set (Every salesman is super pumped about the charcoal/rotisserie/tikka roasting functionality which for me was not a requirement at all). Thus, finally pulled the trigger on Samsung 32 litres MC32J7035CT/TL. Got a good deal at 12,999/- before any card discounts. It is again retailing at 13,699/- at the time of writing this post.

Further, this model keeps going in and out of stock very frequently being a 32 liter model with push-button (instead of touch panel) @ sub 14,000 / 13,000 INR prices. Delivery is on 1st of Sept'20. Looking forward to it.
roamer012 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 10:01   #8139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Why not a Frontloader? ... they offer far better wash quality with far less water consumption.

"Far better wash quality" eh ?! Good top loaders can provide just as good wash quality in a fraction of the time it takes a front loader for the same! Why time is not valued as much as water consumption is? And longer duration wash should translate to more power usage as well, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
finally pulled the trigger on Samsung 32 litres MC32J7035CT/TL. ... a 32 liter model with push-button

I purchased the same model in January '20. My observations:

* It's a seemingly well-made model. However, there is a thin-metal heat shield under the top cover that keeps vibrating during normal operation, and emits an annoying buzzing sound. The Samsung service person claimed it was normal, and nothing could be done about it! It should not affect functionality.

* I was surprised to find that the cavity has hot spots that the turntable does not eliminate! As a result, one has to frequently intervene during cooking for stirring, unless the dish has sufficient moisture.

However, this might be true for other current Samsung or other microwave ovens as well, I Just can't say. My previous unit was a GE (without a turntable!) which had no such problem. Perhaps the 32L cavity of the Samsung is not as well-tuned as the more popular 28L ones which use the same magnetron. But this is just speculation. You could perhaps ask around to see if this is a common problem with some (or all) current microwave ovens of any size in the Indian market. Perhaps this is something one has to live with in India ?!
Old 31st August 2020, 10:14   #8140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
I purchased the same model in January '20. My observations:

* It's a seemingly well-made model. However, there is a thin-metal heat shield under the top cover that keeps vibrating during normal operation, and emits an annoying buzzing sound. The Samsung service person claimed it was normal, and nothing could be done about it! It should not affect functionality.

* I was surprised to find that the cavity has hot spots that the turntable does not eliminate! As a result, one has to frequently intervene during cooking for stirring, unless the dish has sufficient moisture.
Thanks for the heads up Meerkat. Will definitely be on lookout for the heat shield vibrations from the roof. IIRC this model covers the element with the shield while other samsung models have exposed element.

As for hot spots, after using LG top of the line 32 liters MW for 7 years (It went kaput after changing of magnatron within a span of 12 months), What i felt was for deeper bowls, it used to heat only the top 1/3rd or maximum 1/4th of the contents while the bottom contents used to remain luke warm at best. However i never felt perceptible difference between different zones of the surface area of same dish (Never used a container more than 20 cm / 8 inch in top diameter.)

Lets see and hope that issues faced by you were one off and not deal breakers if they are part of the "Feature Set".
Old 31st August 2020, 10:27   #8141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello, I'm looking for a 6.2Kg fully automatic top loading washing machine. I am specifically looking for one that.......
Hi, I am thinking of buying this one from LG. Do check if it fits your requirements.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 31st August 2020 at 10:37.
Old 31st August 2020, 10:31   #8142

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi, I am thinking of buying this one from LG. Do check if it fits your requirements.
What do you think of this one. I'm single and staying alone, so I think 6.2kg would suffice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
What do you think of this one as well?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 31st August 2020 at 11:41. Reason: back to back posts
Old 31st August 2020, 11:09   #8143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do you think of this one. I'm single and staying alone, so I think 6.2kg would suffice.
That's a good option too. You can use the compare tool on the LG India website to see which of the 2 is more bang for your buck. Dimensions wise both are almost same, so 6.5 instead of 6.2 won't be too much of an overkill for your usage.

Quote:
What do you think of this one as well?
No idea about the quality of Whirlpool products and how they fare in the long term, so can't advise you about this one, sorry.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 31st August 2020 at 11:12.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 13:12   #8144
BHPian

Quote:
"Far better wash quality" eh ?! Good top loaders can provide just as good wash quality in a fraction of the time it takes a front loader for the same! Why time is not valued as much as water consumption is? And longer duration wash should translate to more power usage as well, no?
Top loaders consumer more water and will never match a front loader in wash quality, I had both.
Old 31st August 2020, 14:15   #8145
BHPian

Quote:
I owned a top loader for 12 years before switching to a frontloader which again I'm using for almost daily for 10 years. From my experience a top loader can not match the wash quality of a front loader. The water consumption is another thing. The entanglement long clothes like sarees in a TL is a nightmare. But a TL has some plus point too.

See the comparison from a manufacturer which clearly states that Front loaders are actually energy efficient, cleans better, gentle on clothes and consumes less water compared to a TL.

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/h...hing-machines/

Last edited by archat68 : 31st August 2020 at 14:17.
archat68 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks