Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2017, 16:59   #10051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I got new iPhone 7 256GB last friday. It had yellowish screen as compared to my iPhone 6s screen. I was really disappointed and frustrated.
I searched internet and found this to be an issue with lots of other users as well.
Tried some workarounds. Switching 'invert color' option 3 times on & off did the trick and screen came to normal whitish / bluish color tone just like iPhone 6S.

I am loosing faith in apple also just like lost faith in Samsung devices.

Check of night shift is on or off. That's the feature of the iPhones that have a warmer screen tone as per certain timings. Go to settings-display & brightness-night shift is the second setting there! Pics attached for reference

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1493724519.359826.jpg
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1493724534.930624.jpg
Old 3rd May 2017, 09:36   #10052
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Check of night shift is on or off. That's the feature of the iPhones that have a warmer screen tone as per certain timings. Go to settings-display & brightness-night shift is the second setting there! Pics attached for reference
Thanks for the tip, but i already checked all of these before attempting the mentioned fix.
BTW, i use night shift mode extensively almost everyday to read news before going to sleep. Quite useful.
Old 3rd May 2017, 13:11   #10053
BHPian

The other day a co-passenger on the flight was using an offline app where he could see all the flying data - altitude, gps, speed, etc. I couldn't ask him as I was sitting 2 rows behind him, diagonally on the aisle seat. Anyone knows of any app that does that? He was using, iPhone7 plus I guess.

Also, what are some good offline ios apps that you guys have been using?
Old 3rd May 2017, 13:18   #10054
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
The other day a co-passenger on the flight was using an offline app where he could see all the flying data - altitude, gps, speed, etc. I couldn't ask him as I was sitting 2 rows behind him, diagonally on the aisle seat. Anyone knows of any app that does that? He was using, iPhone7 plus I guess.

Also, what are some good offline ios apps that you guys have been using?
The Compass app gives you GPS co-ordinates and altitude even offline. Not the speed though.

I have a Speedmeter app but that uses data for speed, altitude and other parameters.
Old 3rd May 2017, 14:48   #10055
Oxy
BHPian

Does the 6s 32 gig variant make sense at 37k? Or are there better options available in this price range?
Old 3rd May 2017, 15:05   #10056
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Does the 6s 32 gig variant make sense at 37k? Or are there better options available in this price range?
No, in my opinion - too much to pay for a generation old phone. Don't know how much the 7 costs in India; better if you can stretch your budget for that.

Alternately, something like a LG G6 will be a good option
Old 3rd May 2017, 15:19   #10057
BHPian

If you are ok with smaller size, SE 64GB at around 25k is a great option as it has 6s internals except for some features like force touch.

Quote:
Old 3rd May 2017, 18:33   #10058
Distinguished - BHPian

Okay, slight change in the topic. Changed the display of my iPhone 4S by MYSELF!

My iPhone 4S display was shattered some months ago. But it was still working flawlessly hence I kept using it and ordered a display from iFixit (US). The display was delivered at a cousin's place for USD40 in US as shipping to India was ridiculously expensive. I chose to get one from iFixit because I didn't want to compromise too much on graphics quality by getting a display locally(available in the range of Rs 950/- to 3000/- in local shops and a wild quote of Rs. 15,000/- by Apple ASC!).

I decided in favour of iFixit because it doesn't compete on price (like ebay/ other online sellers), hence the product quality must be better.

I followed the iFixit repair guide (available on net) and thankfully didn't junk my phone, despite the process being tougher than what I expected. The guide is fairly detailed and if you have some reasonable amount of DIY skills and patience, you should sail through smoothly. You have the option to buy the display along with tools needed for replacement through the website.

Coming to the display quality, I am yet to check the same head on with another iPhone side by side but the display is crisp and saturation is good enough, say 95% of the OE display. The colour tone is slightly different, tilting towards cooler spectrum with a slight tint of blue faintly visible on white backgrounds. Not everyone would notice it though. I will test it with another iPhone to its side tonight and if my observations change, I shall post again in this thread.

I hope it will benefit users here as shattered screens are quite common in this era of smartphones! I am in no way connected to iFixit.

Thanks!

Last edited by saket77 : 3rd May 2017 at 19:02.
Old 6th May 2017, 10:28   #10059
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
If you are ok with smaller size, SE 64GB at around 25k is a great option as it has 6s internals except for some features like force touch.
Where is the SE 64GB available for 25k if I may ask? Amazon and Flipkart are selling it for close to 28k.

By the way, the SE 32GB is now available on Flipkart for 23k and 16GB for 21k.
Old 6th May 2017, 14:04   #10060
BHPian

I saw SE 64gb available in Amazon at 25k earlier in the week when I posted. It may have been offered at that price only for a short duration I guess.

Quote:
Where is the SE 64GB available for 25k if I may ask? Amazon and Flipkart are selling it for close to 28k.

By the way, the SE 32GB is now available on Flipkart for 23k and 16GB for 21k.
Old 6th May 2017, 18:37   #10061
BHPian

Even for 27k iPhone Se is a good deal for 64gb. Using it for the past 2 months . Total value for money.
Old 8th May 2017, 00:20   #10062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can get the iPhone 7 at 10k more. Makes more sense. With an axis bank credit card, and exchange you can get the price down to ~40-42k. Check Flipkart. I got a black version delivered yesterday.
Old 8th May 2017, 21:45   #10063
Senior - BHPian

Vanishing point perspective of Salem Junction Platform. iPhone 7 plus and Olloclip wide angle lens.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-topaz-salem-junction-monochrome-copy-copy.jpg  

Old 9th May 2017, 09:02   #10064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Vanishing point perspective of Salem Junction Platform. iPhone 7 plus and Olloclip wide angle lens.
Lovely use of leading lines! Beautiful capture If there's one thing I vouch for iPhone is the image quality, they're very much consistent.
Old 9th May 2017, 13:51   #10065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Lovely use of leading lines! Beautiful capture If there's one thing I vouch for iPhone is the image quality, they're very much consistent.
Many thanks, bhp_maniac! This lens adds value to the beautiful iPhone 7 plus camera!

Most Viewed