Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2011, 10:56   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Re: The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread (Dedicated Satnav, Smartphones, Tablets, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
MMI informed me that the one-time upgradation to premium content [maps with house/door numbers] that costs Rs 2,000 is applicable to MMI RoadPilot. For MMI Lx130 and above, the premium content has already been provided in the maps. So, it is not required.
I am having LX130 with Map V6 Premium Content.
The Map is very accurate in Both B'lore and Chennai.
Currently I am in B'lore and use the GPS extensively as i don't know the routes in B'lore.
I am very much comfortable and moreover i can search using DoorNo and it works pretty good.
Old 24th March 2011, 13:27   #1832
BHPian

Re: The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread (Dedicated Satnav, Smartphones, Tablets, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
The Satguide Moov 560 looks to be a mio unit. Should be running CE so should be able to run the MMI software if you can find a hack for the unit to boot from the SD card etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If its a Moov its mio. This means you need to just buy MMI maps, and they will run on the unit.
Seems like the Satguide maps are saved in the internal memory of the navigator which can be easily accessed via the computer. So will it be as easy as puchasing the MMI maps and just copying it into the internal memory?
Or will it be better to upgrade to the newer Satguide maps?
Old 24th March 2011, 13:43   #1833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
will it be as easy as puchasing the MMI maps and just copying it into the internal memory?
Or will it be better to upgrade to the newer Satguide maps?

MMI uses a different software. What you would need to do:

1. Unlock the device
2. Install software that is used by MMI (You will have to search internet for that)
3. Copy Maps + License from MMI

I would suggest you upgrade Satguide maps first since that costs just 500 if coverage is still not good then you can take that route.
Old 24th March 2011, 23:07   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
MMI uses a different software. What you would need to do:

1. Unlock the device
2. Install software that is used by MMI (You will have to search internet for that)
3. Copy Maps + License from MMI

I would suggest you upgrade Satguide maps first since that costs just 500 if coverage is still not good then you can take that route.
Thanks, netfreak. Unlocking guides are available aplenty but I think Step 2 will be a tough one. Also I am not sure whether voice guide etc will work properly with MMI so I am going to go in for a map upgrade from Satguide itself!
Old 24th March 2011, 23:24   #1835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Thanks, netfreak. Unlocking guides are available aplenty but I think Step 2 will be a tough one. Also I am not sure whether voice guide etc will work properly with MMI so I am going to go in for a map upgrade from Satguide itself!
It will work fine. I have MMI with v6 maps running on a few satnav ce pnd's in UK.

Satguide maps are pretty poor in terms of coverage compared to the MMI offerings.
Old 25th March 2011, 09:57   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Took the navigator loaded with v6 maps MMI out for a cross city within the city drive yesterday. And can definately confirm that the map is more detailed than prev ver4 i was using. Also the speed limit within the city was set as 50 and whenever i sped over 50 i would get a nifty speed limit sign showing 50 pop up. Thought that was a cool feauture. The navigator was on mute so not sure if there is a vocal alert as well, will check that out.
Old 25th March 2011, 10:35   #1837
BHPian

I am interested in buying MMI Zx150 or Vx240 which come with a reverse camera support. Need some information about the devices :

1) Is the Video input for the reverse camera NTSC or PAL or NTSC/PAL ?

2) Is the video input with standard RCA AV or with a 2.5mm/3.5mm jack which requires a special cable. Is the cable bundled in the package ?
Old 25th March 2011, 16:04   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Transfer from Google Maps to Garmin

Guys,

Is there a way I can transfer a route from Google Maps to my Garmin Nuvi 205W?

Thanks in advance...
Old 25th March 2011, 18:45   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
It will work fine. I have MMI with v6 maps running on a few satnav ce pnd's in UK.

Satguide maps are pretty poor in terms of coverage compared to the MMI offerings.
I just contacted MMI. They say that MMI maps can be loaded on a Mio Moov 560 but the navigator needs to be unlocked first at the facility in Okhla, Delhi for which the charges are 4.5k which i sofcourse, excluding the maps.

As fellow member, AnkitPrashar had loaded MMI maps on his unlocked WIn CE 5.0 device, I am thinking of unlocking mine too! but I am a noob and could really do with help
Old 29th March 2011, 15:27   #1840
BHPian

Guys,

Got an SMS that Satguide announced a discount for Symbian version till 31st Mar 2011. Now it just costs Rs 499 (original cost Rs. 990) till offer period.

I had contacted Satguide and found the info to be true. Now I have ordered the product online and got the discount

It will be shipped in 2-3 days; also got a link to download the software.

If any one plan for Satguide, now is the time to check
Old 29th March 2011, 21:26   #1841
BANNED

@nfsfreak; Could be they are selling off stocks in Symbian. Symbian looks to be dying or dead. Nokia have signed off - going Windows. The OS was made Open Source and then the plug was pulled I think on 31/1/10.
Old 29th March 2011, 21:58   #1842
BHPian

for affordable lower priced and little slow smartphone for navigation and maps.
Nothing can beat Noka 5230 at Rs 7050.
It is little slow. since cpu is 434 mhz. but then symbian phones are all like same.
and of course it is bulky in size. brick rather.
Then it is functionality is what it shines. and no phone can beat at this price range..
Old 30th March 2011, 09:41   #1843
BANNED

@navrddy: take a look at the new Samsung Galaxy Pop. About the same price, and also Froyo. My son (he has an Epic 4G - galaxy family) tells me the galaxy locks very fast. Also, there are apps on Android which accelerate the GP lock even further. I will rather be on a Android / Apple / BB device from the long term perspective.
Old 30th March 2011, 10:01   #1844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
for affordable lower priced and little slow smartphone for navigation and maps.
Nothing can beat Noka 5230 at Rs 7050.
I have 5230, and it GPS performance is pretty bad. What is average accuracy that you get inside city? For me, its around 10 - 20m.
Old 30th March 2011, 11:59   #1845
BANNED

I got something similar on my 5230 in Leh after 10 minutes, after 30 minutes it was down to 3-5m.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks