Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2013, 11:40   #4111
BHPian

Re: Toyota to Increase Prices up to Rs. 24000

Seems to be another case where the Forex is hurting the manufacturer badly. Like is being discussed elsewhere, if a manufacturer (or in turn his supplier) is sourcing parts from outside India, then there is not much of an option than to send prices northward.

And if the New Innova is around the corner, will there a price-up on that again?
Evil!
Old 18th September 2013, 11:56   #4112
Senior - BHPian

Toyota is making hay when the sun shines.... all its products are expensive as compared to competition, all because of perceived notion of reliability (after all the recalls... after all Toyota is the one which had the biggest recalls than any other manufacturer).

Heck even the Liva/ Etios is costlier than most of its competitors, which explains its lowly sales numbers month-on-month basis.
Old 18th September 2013, 12:09   #4113
Distinguished - BHPian

And with that the already expensive Fortuner becomes even more expensive. The problem is the same everywhere. Just like in the fuel pricing fiasco, the govt is just not ready to let go off some of its profit by lowering those tax rates and rather increases prices. Similar is the case with Toyota. Unless there is some good alternative to counter the Innova and Fortuner, they will continue with this bullish attitude.
Old 18th September 2013, 12:13   #4114
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
That could be because discounts are rare on JLR cars. Tata owns or controls most of the dealership and their activities to ensure that the brand value is maintained. They are staying away from getting into a price war like the Germans.
I guess that makes sense.
I wonder if anyone has tried negotiating with them though.
With the current price war between the Germans, it is becoming quite tough to monitor who is offering the best deal, and what is the real on-road price for the cars, when it comes to the three of them.
Old 19th September 2013, 09:55   #4115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post

Wow, that is a sweet deal. Time to go to hyundai dealer and bring the bargaining skills into use
There you go. Advert again in todays TOI.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130919_095514.png
Views: 2417
Size:  475.5 KB

Regards,
Old 19th September 2013, 11:42   #4116
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Folks, Any discounts on offer on the T-Jet?
Old 19th September 2013, 13:37   #4117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klever View Post
Folks, Any discounts on offer on the T-Jet?
Fiat is offering 1 Lakh discount if you exchange your old car with them + Corporate discount of 5 to 7K + Reverse parking sensors.
You can negotiate further and should be able to get another 6 to 8K off on OTR. This offer is applicable on Linea Tjet and MJD.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 13:44   #4118
Senior - BHPian

Saw this in paper today. Not sure if application to Tjet or not.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-fiat.png
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 14:00   #4119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Fiat is offering 1 Lakh discount if you exchange your old car with them + Corporate discount of 5 to 7K + Reverse parking sensors.
You can negotiate further and should be able to get another 6 to 8K off on OTR. This offer is applicable on Linea Tjet and MJD.
I think there is the first year insurance free as well by Future Generali. Was offered accessories like mudflaps (ask for those from Active variant), floor mats, Boot mat, air freshner and idol.
Old 19th September 2013, 14:00   #4120
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai to hike prices by up to Rs 20,000 next month.

The company sells a range of vehicles in India starting from the entry level compact car Eon to high-end sports utility vehicle Santa Fe.

While the Eon is available at a price range of Rs 2.85 lakh to Rs 3.91 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the Santa Fe is priced at Rs 23.40 lakh to Rs 26.49 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

The other popular models of the company include compact car i10 priced at Rs 3.75 lakh to Rs 4.56 lakh, i20 priced between Rs 4.85 lakh and Rs 7.88 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/22752691.cms
Old 19th September 2013, 14:42   #4121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyonwheels View Post
I think there is the first year insurance free as well by Future Generali. Was offered accessories like mudflaps (ask for those from Active variant), floor mats, Boot mat, air freshner and idol.
Do you mean 1L + Corp discount + 1 Year Free insurance
Old 19th September 2013, 14:58   #4122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Do you mean 1L + Corp discount + 1 Year Free insurance

My bad! Just cross checked -
The insurance is part of another scheme if you are not opting for the Exchange bonus, which is 20k cash discount + free insurance + RSA.
Old 19th September 2013, 21:09   #4123
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey can anyone from chandigarh confirm what is the current road tax in chandigarh for vehicles over 20 lacs? I am particularly interested in the fortuner. According to internet I read it as 6 percent but my SA here in Delhi said it is 7.5 percent.
Old 19th September 2013, 21:45   #4124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What is the current road tax in chandigarh for vehicles over 20 lacs?
I believe its 8 % for 4 wheelers costing more than 20 Lac . But it is charged on Basic Invoice Value before VAT so it should be 7,5 % of total costs . I am getting my Fortuner - 4x4 Manual one registered in a day or so so can let you know exact amount by Monday . You must have a Valid Chandigarh address to get registration . Last time heard about lower rates in Uttranchal

You can refer to

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...increased.html

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/fr...icles/1095861/

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/rl...luded/1096416/

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th September 2013 at 21:50.
Old 19th September 2013, 21:45   #4125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Saw this in paper today. Not sure if application to Tjet or not.
which newspaper is this and date? I would love to copy this from epaper and share this with my dealer, dont want to share with him source (T-BHP).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks