Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2012, 08:04   #2881
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I have a Query regarding buying a new Car.

If a Car is manufactured in November 2012 but if it is registered in January 2013 as per the RTO Smart Card, then what is considered during the Car's Resale ? 2012 or 2013 ?
The Showroom Sales Agent said that the Car Registration Date is what counts.
This depends on the way the used car buyer looks at it.
If I were the buyer of the used car, I would have tried to haggle for some discount quoting that the manufacturer year is 2012.
If I was the seller, I would have tried to justify saying that it is registered in 2013, hence is a 2013 car. In any case, the RC book has the date of registration date of manufacture. That is also usually visible on the aluminium tag on the chassis of the vehicle.

To answer your question, if you are getting a huge discount on a 2012 manufactured car, which will be registered in 2013, go for it. At the time of resale, the notional loss due to year change will be far lesser than the upfront discount you are making now.
Old 11th December 2012, 08:51   #2882
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
The Showroom Sales Agent said that the Car Registration Date is what counts.
In my experience in dealing with used cars, the used car dealers haggle a lot saying that car model year(as entered in the RC) is what it matters.
Old 11th December 2012, 09:04   #2883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hi ,
I am soon to book a rapid
For the 75k discount that i was being offered
The discount has now been increased to 85k
Thanks Sahil. But this is the price in Delhi - I wish I could get a similar deal at Bangalore. Also could you please share the exact Ex-showroom quoted to you? Also the model (Regular/Plus series).

Somehow the dealers at Bangalore havent seemed to have reached those levels of discounts as compared to dealers at Delhi.

Are these offers pan India or restricted to few geographies?

Quote:
When you say 'Bluetooth' what do you exactly mean by that? Is that the Bluetooth Car kit?
I was offered a "Blue tooth kit" along with "Navigation system" and "Car refridgerator". The executive also 'hinted' that some more freebies could be loaded once we entered into 'face to face' talks.
Old 11th December 2012, 10:23   #2884
Distinguished - BHPian

After 2 rounds of negotiations, we finally booked the Ritz VXI ABS yesterday for my Dad.

Total discounts offered on the Ritz Petrol (2012 facelift, launched in October) is 40,000/-. We stretched it to 81,000/-, which includes the 35,000/- offered by Maruti True Value for our aged and moderately maintained '98 Esteem LX. Getting the RT & Insurance done ourselves, so we end up paying 4.32L to the dealer in the end.

Delivery date given is for Christmas.

Details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post2986341
Old 11th December 2012, 10:36   #2885
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ,

I am soon to book a rapid
For the 75k discount that i was being offered
The discount has now been increased to 85k
And honestly and unbiasedly speaking, This is by far the best *** expeience of my life.
I have TDed the car atleast 5 times and still the SE greets me with an assuring smile!
Nawab Motors Brilliant

If you want further details PM me

I am being offered An onroad of 10,18,683 for Elegance plus TDi
Inclusive of-
Skoda shield(Bajaj Allianz Comprehnsive policy)
Mats
Mudflaps
Perfume
Wow! That's an amazing deal Sahil. Wish we could get such sumptuous offers here in Bangalore. The Ambition+ is costing more than your Elegance !
Old 11th December 2012, 12:33   #2886
BHPian

I have just booked a Honda City E-MT (silver with Michelin tyres) from Pinnacle Honda Kolkata.

The regular price (OTR Kolkata) is Rs 8.85 Lakhs including insurance, 5 years road tax, 15 years registration, 2 years extended warranty, 4 years road side assistance and handling charges.

The price they offered me is Rs. 8.25 Lakhs OTR inclusive of all the above and 2 rear speakers and floor mats thrown in for free (E-MT has only front speakers).
I will go for zero depreciation insurance at 5K extra, but a friend told me it is not necessary during the first year. Is that true? In addition, I currently enjoy 65% no claim bonus (NCB) on the old car I am selling off privately. The above OTR price comes with free insurance from the dealership, they told me the NCB is transferable to my new car, so from the next year I can enjoy that, the first year has free insurance any way. Guys, please confirm if this (that is, transfer of NCB to the free insurance offer from the dealership probably through Bajaj Allianz which is my current insurance company) also is true.

I was asked to roam around their inventory and choose the one I like. I found only one E-MT with Michelin tyres. That was also the only one made in November 2012. The other E-MTs were all Sept 2012 made.

What do you guys think about the deal? I actually wanted a S-MT, but good deals were not available from Honda on the S-MT or most other variants except the E-MT and the one with the sunroof. In my calculation I am getting a discount of about 65K on the E-MT. Paying about 1L extra for the S-MT for the 4 alloys, steering mounted audio controls and keyless entry may not be worth it. E-MT does not have keyless entry, but has power locks.

Last edited by asitkde : 11th December 2012 at 12:37. Reason: typo correction
Old 11th December 2012, 14:08   #2887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
I have just booked a Honda City E-MT (silver with Michelin tyres) from Pinnacle Honda Kolkata.

The price they offered me is Rs. 8.25 Lakhs OTR inclusive of all the above and 2 rear speakers and floor mats thrown in for free (E-MT has only front speakers).
I will go for zero depreciation insurance at 5K extra, but a friend told me it is not necessary during the first year. Is that true? In addition, I currently enjoy 65% no claim bonus (NCB) on the old car I am selling off privately. The above OTR price comes with free insurance from the dealership, they told me the NCB is transferable to my new car, so from the next year I can enjoy that, the first year has free insurance any way. Guys, please confirm if this (that is, transfer of NCB to the free insurance offer from the dealership probably through Bajaj Allianz which is my current insurance company) also is true.

What do you guys think about the deal? I actually wanted a S-MT, but good deals were not available from Honda on the S-MT or most other variants except the E-MT and the one with the sunroof. In my calculation I am getting a discount of about 65K on the E-MT. Paying about 1L extra for the S-MT for the 4 alloys, steering mounted audio controls and keyless entry may not be worth it. E-MT does not have keyless entry, but has power locks.
This sounds like a very good deal, as it is E-MT is the most VFM car when it comes to the city stable, all the other variants are too over-priced for the kind of equipment provided. Since you are getting the rear speakers as well then you really aren't loosing out on much.

Barring the steering mounted audio controls everything else you can live without and as it is you can easily get in the after-market at about half the price difference of 1 Lakh and that too of very good quality (I by no mean intend to say that Honda's equipment is not of good quality ).

As far as the insurance is concerned, I have always been a strong supporter of zero dep insurance, in fact i firmly believe to pay more in insurance than regret later, i actively am on the lookout for an insurance which gives me some sort of cover for water caused damages.

Also, even during the first year, there is some depreciation when you carry out any repair works. A Zero-Dep insurance gives you a peace of mind (which is a very big thing when you loose it :P). As far as the carry over of NCB is concerned, i am not very sure about it, but i think you can get it, though the Insurance thread would be a better place to clarify this.

Hope this helps
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 15:39   #2888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xadityax View Post
Thanks Sahil. But this is the price in Delhi - I wish I could get a similar deal at Bangalore. Also could you please share the exact Ex-showroom quoted to you? Also the model (Regular/Plus series).

Somehow the dealers at Bangalore havent seemed to have reached those levels of discounts as compared to dealers at Delhi.

Are these offers pan India or restricted to few geographies?

I was offered a "Blue tooth kit" along with "Navigation system" and "Car refridgerator". The executive also 'hinted' that some more freebies could be loaded once we entered into 'face to face' talks.

I perceive these offers would be Pan India, but am not sure bout this.

I still cant understand what would be a bluetooth kit like and what type would he offer
A link would help
Old 11th December 2012, 16:54   #2889
BHPian

Hi, One of my close friend is looking for Swift desire VDI or ZDI, Can somebody update me on waiting time and any on going offers. Looking to buy a car in Pune
Old 11th December 2012, 17:02   #2890
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
Hi, One of my close friend is looking for Swift desire VDI or ZDI, Can somebody update me on waiting time and any on going offers. Looking to buy a car in Pune
A friend's car got delivered a few weeks back - 1.5 months waiting period for VDI (Grey color). Zero discounts.

Dealer: Sehgal (Law College road)
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 17:41   #2891
BHPian

Saw an ad by Infinity Cars in the December 9 edition of the Bombay Times. As part of the BMW Christmas Xelebration, a special limited time offer:

The BMW X1 sDrive20d & the X3 Advantage Edition at Rs. 21.70 Lacs and Rs. 37.99 Lacs respectively. All prices are ex-showroom Mumbai.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...=1355226060406
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 19:47   #2892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Saw an ad by Infinity Cars in the December 9 edition of the Bombay Times. As part of the BMW Christmas Xelebration, a special limited time offer:

The BMW X1 sDrive20d & the X3 Advantage Edition at Rs. 21.70 Lacs and Rs. 37.99 Lacs respectively. All prices are ex-showroom Mumbai.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...=1355226060406
One of my friends did call them up based on this specific Ad. Sales guy quoted 27.XXL on road for base X1 Mumbai/Individual. He also argued that that's pretty much the standard price but no go... For Thane/Individual Sales guy said it will come to 25.XXL. Just in case anybody else is looking. He also added that we might be able to work better deal once you are ready to finalize. My friend decided to keep looking further.
samyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 22:58   #2893
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, what are the waiting periods for the Dzire in Mumbai?
My father has booked a Pacific Blue Ldi. I have read about long waiting periods in some threads but i have been told 2-3 weeks is the max i would have to wait! Final price is coming to around 7 lakh OTR. Will decode the VIN once i receive the number.
Old 11th December 2012, 23:17   #2894
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Hi Guys, what are the waiting periods for the Dzire in Mumbai?
My father has booked a Pacific Blue Ldi. I have read about long waiting periods in some threads but i have been told 2-3 weeks is the max i would have to wait! Final price is coming to around 7 lakh OTR. Will decode the VIN once i receive the number.
OTR of 7 Lakh? So it must be Petrol. Petrol cars dont have any waiting list. forget about hugeee waiting list. Also note that, this is the year end. so there must not be any waiting for cars.

Old 11th December 2012, 23:35   #2895
Senior - BHPian

Hope I am posting this in the correct thread.

I booked a silver DZire VXi on October 29th and the dealer promised me to give delivery by November end. Yesterday when I went to the showroom to inquire about the proceedings, the SA told me that they are not able to get my car as Maruti is not producing petrol variants of the DZire. I have not heard about any such news though. Is this true?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks