Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2012, 19:56   #2131
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Huge discounts for 2011 Petrol Fabias in stock are available at Coimbatore Millennium Motors. Roughly calculated, the OTR price is very close to SRP!

Also, there are some decent discounts on 2012 Petrol Fabias as well. Basically free insurance and some freebies.

At Erode S7 Motors, Diesel Fabias get a flat 10k discount-on-demand , along with free OE mats and mud flaps.

Last edited by rajeshsundaram : 8th May 2012 at 20:02. Reason: Updated the city names
Old 8th May 2012, 20:01   #2132
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hyundai i10 Magna 1.2

On Road Price 4.5 L OTR
Dealer : Popular Hyundai Trivandrum

Freebies like Floor mats, teflon coating, underbody coating, music system can be bargained
Old 8th May 2012, 21:20   #2133
Team-BHP Support

Saw this piece of information on Autocar India website - a list of discounts offered on Petrol variants (by various manufacturers):
Tempting deals on petrol cars - News - Autocar India
Old 8th May 2012, 23:28   #2134
BHPian

Tempting deals on petrol cars - News - Autocar India

To negate the slump in petrol car sales, car manufacturers are offering discounts across the range. The biggest discounts on offer are on the petrol VW Polo and Vento, which go up to Rs 1.1 lakh (click to read more). Another good deal is the one on the Micra XV variant – Nissan is offering a Rs 30,000 cash discount on it and a corporate discount of upto Rs 6,000 on all petrol versions. The Sunny petrol too gets a Rs 6,000 corporate discount.

For Hyundai, the i10’s sales have fallen by nearly 24 percent over the past year and to arrest the fall, the company is offering a Rs 15,000 cash discount and a Rs 15,000 exchange bonus. The Eon gets a free 2nd and 3rd year extended warranty worth Rs 4,000 and a Rs 10,000 exchange bonus, while the petrol Verna gets a corporate discount worth Rs 5,000 plus an exchange bonus of Rs 10,000.

Ford too is offering free insurance worth upto Rs 20,000 and a corporate discount upto Rs 5,000 on the petrol Figo. The Toyota Etios and Liva petrol models are being offered witha Rs 20,000 cash discount and a Rs 2,500 exchange bonus.

Honda isn’t offering any discount on the Brio and Jazz hatchbacks, which indicates good sales, but there’s a small Rs 5,000 corporate discount on the City. The Japanese carmaker had slashed prices of the Jazz and the City last year, making them more competitive. And once the company recovered from the Thailand floods setback, sales have been strong.

Maruti is offering an exchange bonus of Rs 15,000 on the Swift while the Dzire gets no such deals. Skoda is offering 50 percent off on Skoda shield (insurance and extended warranty) which works out to Rs 14,700 on the base model and Rs 19,000 on the top end model.

The demand for petrol cars has taken a big hit in the past year due to skyrocketing petrol prices, but those looking for a petrol car could turn it to their advantage. This is because despite it being five months into 2012, Volkswagen still hasn’t cleared its 2011 Polo and Vento petrols and is desperate to clear stocks. Most manufacturers face this situation once the year ends and stocks are cleared in the first quarter. VW is the only manufacturer left to sell its 2011 cars though.

The 2011 1.2 and 1.6 petrol Polo is being offered with a massive Rs 50,000 cash discount. In addition, you get free insurance and a two-year annual maintenance contract (AMC) worth Rs 60,000 collectively. That adds up to Rs 1.1 lakh or a 20.5 percent discount on the on-road Mumbai price of the base Trendline variant.

The petrol Vento is being offered with a flat Rs 1 lakh cash discount for the 2011 model, and if you want to order a 2012 model, you will have to wait for up to a month for its delivery. It is not because VW is flooded with bookings but because the car is being made in limited batches – so an order needs to be sent to the factory to manufacture the petrol model. Even 2012 petrol 1.2 Polos get free insurance and AMC worth Rs 60,000.

Although you will register a 2011 model in 2012 when you buy it, the date of manufacture being 2011 will affect its price when you decide to sell it. Most individual buyers don’t check the date of manufacture but used car dealers do, and will quote a lower price compared to a car manufactured in 2012.

VW’s petrol motors may not be as efficient as their Japanese counterparts in general, but otherwise both the petrol-powered Polo and Vento are very capable cars that are superior to the competition in other ways such as build quality and safety.

The market currently has offers on petrol cars from other manufacturers too. Click on the link below to know more.

Discounts vary from city to city. Please check with your local dealer for exact discounts which may not match figures quoted in this story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like a perfect time to buy a Polo/Fabia 1.6 or even a Laura TSI!
Abhinav667 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 00:08   #2135
BHPian

Maruti has hiked the Dzire prices by upto 12,000/-.

Maruti hikes DZire price by up to Rs 12,000
Old 9th May 2012, 09:39   #2136
BHPian

Re: My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+ (Hip Hop Black) ownership review

Current discounts on the T-Jet are mind blowing, now a t-jet plus can be yours @ as low as 7L

Here is the breakup from Pundit motors pune
on road 10.59L
discounts

1L company discount
27K insurance free
3k roadside assistance free
4K corporate discount
On road after discount ~9L

If you want to trade your car
1L exchange bonus
+ valuation (2L)

Now on road comes to 6L

Isnt it a steal?

Thinking to trade my palio 1.6 sports (heart is not allowing to let it go).......but some how not able to decide

Thinking to get some other car for 50K and trade :-) to get one lakh exchange bonus

Drive safe

Last edited by manson : 7th June 2012 at 16:37. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post
mchanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 11:46   #2137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+ (Hip Hop Black) ownership review

If you are getting the T-jet at around 6 lacs after exchange, and if you could afford it, I would suggest you for it. The T-jet is a newer breed, with loads of equipment, looks to die for and more importantly it rewards with a big smile whenever you floor the throttle.

Last edited by GTO : 10th May 2012 at 20:09. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
Old 9th May 2012, 12:33   #2138
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonder what the current offer is on the Linea T-Jet and T-Jet Plus? Believe it was around 1 lakh off (cash discount) plus free insurance coming to around 130k.

The latest rumblings about petrol prices being increased again as well as the breakup of the Tata-FIAT JV will further worry potential buyers.

Maybe some even better T-Jet deals will pop up in the next few months :-)
Old 9th May 2012, 12:36   #2139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchanna View Post
If you want to trade your car: 1L exchange bonus
1 LAKH exchange bonus? Are you sure? If this is confirmed, seems to be a concealed discount directly from Fiat who do not want to be clubbed with the 'regular' discount
Old 9th May 2012, 13:56   #2140
BHPian

Quote:
1 LAKH exchange bonus? Are you sure? If this is confirmed, seems to be a concealed discount directly from Fiat who do not want to be clubbed with the 'regular' discount
Yes it is confirmed, I asked him more than 10times.

Quote:
If you are getting the T-jet at around 6 lacs after exchange, and if you could afford it, I would suggest you for it. The T-jet is a newer breed, with loads of equipment, looks to die for and more importantly it rewards with a big smile whenever you floor the throttle.
Actually I was looking for a second hand Linea petrol which I saw few were arround 5-6 lakhs (10K-20K on odo)

I just called up Pandit to enquire the current price and shocked with this news.
Old 9th May 2012, 16:44   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchanna View Post

Now on road comes to 6L

Isnt it a steal?
ohh boy..what a deal. Is it 2011 stock?
Looks like Fiat is going all out to clear it.
Old 9th May 2012, 17:37   #2142
BHPian

Yes C300, these are all 2011 stock (July)

I just test drove it, As many says amazing power once the turbo in action.

Few things I did not like

I feel very uncomfortable and felt awkward to use the indicator tab as it is in left. Same is the case for passing light....As a practice I turned on wipers couple of times. It takes out the freedom of one hand drive

ACC - Felt like sometimes it is throwing hot air to maintain the temperature.

Missing reverse gear lock feature ,,,, it is such a nice feature in palio.
Old 10th May 2012, 15:37   #2143
BHPian

Mod Note : As per the recent mass PM, please do NOT use acronyms when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name. Any further usage of acronyms will invite severe Moderator action on your account. Thanks

Thank you AutoIndian for pointing me to the right place!!

Was planning to buy the diesel fluidic verna and ended up booking a sonata transform diesel, thanks to a great deal from Trident, bangalore.

The deal I got on the Sonata Transform Diesel MT is a good 1.5L off. As the 2012 Hyundai Sonata is out I guess the dealers were clearing the outgoing model - Transform. Plus, the all new Sonata comes only in petrol, which I guess anyways pushes people to buy the older Sonata Transform incase they want diesel.

Car is fully loaded, the only features that it misses (to my knowledge) in comparison to the new Sonata are as follows:

- No keyless ignition (smart key) and anyways even the new Sonata has this only in the automatic version
- No bluetooth enabled audio system for phone connectivity
- No reverse parking camera (we just get sensors with beep sounds)
- No automatic d/n mirror
- No seat adjustment memory function
- No HID headlamps

I am not sure if the new Sonata has ESP and Traction control, cannot remember the feature list on that vehicle, but this car does not have ESP (or TC implicitly), but comes with ABS and EBD.

I get the following:
- 6 airbags
- dual zone climate control
- electric seat adjustment for driver seat only
- 6.1 audio system, single CD player
- Automatic headlights
- projector headlamps (not HID)
- full size spare (rims are 205/60/R16)
- Limited multifunction display (2 trip meters, odo, distance to empty, average driving speed and usage time)
- all 4 disc brakes
- ABS with EBD
- double wishbone suspensions in the front and multi link at the rear (gas filled)
- hydraulic struts for the bonnet and boot lid opening.

With all this, I didnt mind spending the extra 5 lakhs and got myself into the premium segment.. pretty excited about my first premium segment car ! Will post pics once I take delivery of her.

Last edited by GTO : 11th May 2012 at 14:37.
cars_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 17:28   #2144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy View Post
Thank you AutoIndian for pointing me to the right place!!

Was planning to buy the diesel fluidic verna and ended up booking a sonata transform diesel, thanks to a great deal from Trident, bangalore.

With all this, I didnt mind spending the extra 5 lakhs and got myself into the premium segment.. pretty excited about my first premium segment car ! Will post pics once I take delivery of her.
Many congratulations Cars_crazy! IMO its one of the most under rated cars on our roads. What was the final OTR?
Old 10th May 2012, 19:09   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Many congratulations Cars_crazy! IMO its one of the most under rated cars on our roads. What was the final OTR?
thanks C300. I agree. Its one of the most under rated owing to the Hyundai Badge and resale value. and in some cases played down by leading car magazines too!! But yeah, to each their own ! I consider Hyundai as a perfect balance - its VFM, its got the service network, suits the Indian road conditions, gives me a reasonable drive and handling, adequately powered and acres of space. It may not be razor sharp in handling or sturdy build like the European models or economical and have a resale like the Japs. which is why i consider it to be a best of both worlds.

the OTR was 18.5L... where as the original OTR was 20.1L

First pics of my new car!! will post more in the ownership thread section when I take the delivery!
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-sonata2.jpg  

Last edited by noopster : 17th May 2012 at 16:43. Reason: Merged back to back posts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks