Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2012, 17:42   #1201
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Being spoilt for choices definitely leaves me as a confused breed. Sitting on an already two month waiting of Swift ZDI , which I believe is bound to be extended by another month and hovering at 7.5 lac already.
And what walks in is a masculine, no nonsense stallion from Renault stable , christened Duster just kissing by my budget. Confusions galore I must admit
Old 26th June 2012, 17:55   #1202
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I received an email from Renault today with the below Video attached.
Received the same eMail out of the blue today. The ad is not too inspiring though could have been jazzier considering the interest the vehicle is bound to generate.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Renault.pdf (149.9 KB, 913 views)
Old 26th June 2012, 18:11   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I received an email from Renault today with the below Video attached.
Going by thier Ad , with tag line of "Sorry for people who bought Sedans..." brings me a question , are'nt they launching a sedan immediatly after Duster ?! where will they position it ?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th June 2012 at 10:05. Reason: Long post quote not required.
vishnana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 18:18   #1204
BHPian

Check this video of Duster walkaround by Shumi of Overdrive

Mods, please remove this post if this video has already been posted

Last edited by sumeshmani : 26th June 2012 at 18:21.
sumeshmani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 20:12   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Check this video of Duster walkaround by Shumi of Overdrive
The interiors look much better in this production version that the initial scoops. The rear leg space needs more convincing. The rear a/c is an independent unit? how does that work?
Old 26th June 2012, 20:14   #1206
BHPian

Had been to Ranault Showroom here in Bangalore for Booking Duster. Here are few inputs.

Duster comes in 8 variants, base variant being around 8.3-8.5 Lacs On road price which would be 1.5L 85bhp and the top end variant would be 1.5L 110ps with 11Lac On road price in Bangalore. Waiting period is between 30 days - 45 days based on the variant booking. I saw 2 bookings done on the same day.

All 8 variants are FWD. NO 4WD at all.

I was disappointed to hear, THERE IS NO 4WD Duster on the anvil offering to customers in India . I had been there to book 4x4 (4WD) version of Duster, as I was eagerly waiting for its launch all this time.
Old 26th June 2012, 20:30   #1207
Senior - BHPian

I really find the boot of Duster very spacious. And i wonder if they could have provided even better legroom(like Sunny) or option like Rear jump seats for that occasional extra people mover. it surely looks like it has space in the boot for side facing seats
Old 26th June 2012, 20:34   #1208
Distinguished - BHPian

8.3 / 8.5 Bangalore OTR for the base diesel would be exshowroom 7 lakhs!

That would be stunning pricing. Petrol would then be 6 lakhs exshowroom.

Can they pull this off?!
Old 26th June 2012, 22:20   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I really find the boot of Duster very spacious. And i wonder if they could have provided even better legroom(like Sunny) or option like Rear jump seats for that occasional extra people mover. it surely looks like it has space in the boot for side facing seats
Even i keep wondering if they could have moved the rear bench back by 3 to 4 inches. I am sure the loss in boot space would have be acceptable. The improvement to the legroom would have been tremendous.
Old 26th June 2012, 22:51   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
Duster comes in 8 variants, base variant being around 8.3-8.5 Lacs On road price which would be 1.5L 85bhp and the top end variant would be 1.5L 110ps with 11Lac On road price in Bangalore.
If this price infos are correct then, Its sure that Renault is winner in every perspective No Body can stop them.

Waiting for a long time to replace my Fusion ...
Old 26th June 2012, 22:59   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
Going by thier Ad , with tag line of "Sorry for people who bought Sedans..." brings me a question , are'nt they launching a sedan immediatly after Duster ?! where will they position it ?
I really liked the preview ad. Lets see how they position the Duster. Whether or not it will be able to reduce the competition to dust and live upto its name

IMO, Renault has the following -ve's to overcome-

1. Premium positioning (with Koleos and Fluence) which have 'failed' to shake up the market.
2. Its number of dealerships
3. Its own strategy in India (initially a tie-up with Mahindra and now a tie-up with Nissan for the Micra and Pulse)

It would have the following +ve's-

1. At the moment it may have the 1st mover advantage (Launching before the Ford Ecosport) in the segment provided the pricing goes well with the Audience. Skoda Yeti is anyways a premium and a segment higher

Cheers,
Yogesh.
Old 27th June 2012, 00:04   #1212
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault India seems to have recently updated their website:

Renault - 360 view
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 00:07   #1213
BHPian

One week left,That is if the launch date is 4th of july.The lonng wait will finally be over.The price has to be right Mr Renault and family.Or else its bye bye for you.
If i were to buy The renault duster ,which i am thoroughly considering after keeping a close eye on the sales,service etc , i would soup it up with blacked out rims,grills roof rails etc.
Would install a bull bar upfront.Maybe a snorkel kit.Go in for a upsize etc.
Check out the images in google search.Many a souped up duster there.

BTW if the Renault Duster is a runaway success.Which other SUVs of that class do you think would be next in line to reach our shores.I think Nissan should get one of there suv's.
Old 27th June 2012, 01:15   #1214
BHPian

Finally, happened to see a convoy of 3 dusters today in Chennai. All i can say is If Renault prices it under 10L, they have a sure shot game changer in hands. It looks very imposing and big on the road with nice clean muscular lines.
Old 27th June 2012, 03:45   #1215
BHPian

'The Hindu' drives the Duster!

Concluding Remarks:

"A day’s driving is enough to make it clear Renault is on to something big with the Duster. The styling maybe a tad sedate but the Duster makes up for this by being a very capable all-rounder. The driving position is spot-on, overall comfort is of a high standard and ride quality is the new benchmark for cars at this price. "

The Hindu : Life & Style / Metroplus : Clean sweep!

Last edited by C300 : 27th June 2012 at 03:47. Reason: Additional text
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed