Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2022, 13:51   #766
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerDriver View Post
I am no audiophile, but speaking from my knowledge gained from this forum.
Stock Head units are highly equalized, if you wish to have really good sound, get an DSP+AMP+SUBWOOFER setup. Suggested thread for gaining some knowledge.

Upgrading stock HU using DSP (Upgrading your OEM Car Audio using DSPs (budget version))
I will get mine this week. It is Z8L and I will defintely share my views once I experience the set up first hand. However, going by past experience and looking at the current set up of Sony, additional sub woofer should be good enough. DSPs only for audiophiles in my view.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 00:24   #767
BHPian

[quote=NerDriver;5413514]
just add an additional component like a subwoofer for instance just to enhance Bass. /QUOTE]

You can get bass by using a good convertor for speaker level inputs to preamp outputs instead of using DSP, but in that case too amplifier will be required. There is inbuilt 12 channel amplifier in Z8L as promoted by MnM, but how that can be used to drive an after market Subwoofer remains to be seen. Stock amplifier may not be enough powered to drive after market good sub woofer.

What matters for a subwoofer to provide the bass is the enclosure. In stock location, it is not ideal to provide that much volume in the available space to cause the bassy effect. It is almost like an under seat woofer.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 3rd October 2022 at 00:29.
rooster.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 10:12   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
What confidence did your friends give you ? About buying the role from nick zeek ?

38k is only for the role. Detailers will charge around 15-20k for installation and paint correction to be done before applying the film. If you search on Indiamart, lots of vendors will contact you with their prices and details for PPF role. Any established detailer will try to shoo you away from buying such roles as he is potentially loosing a customer, may be many, by doing so.
Some more updates about STEK PPF. I went and met and had a long discussion with Mr. Siva who was recommended by STEK India. Very nice guy, who explained everything and shared the tech specs of PPF. He has a nice setup. He's just about a year into the business and that is the reason I have decided to go with him. I have had two startups and I know the attitude of a startup. It is all about over-delivering quality so that word spreads and one gets established.

For each type of vehicle, he gets a proper mechanic from the company who comes and does all removal and refitting of bumpers and other parts. He said he keeps the car for 5 days because the film can be fitted in one day but the most important part is the curing part. They keep the vehicle to make sure that it heals and sticks properly without any bubbles or edges coming off. He naturally was against doing it at home (which I totally agree with).

He took measurements of my car and gave the exact cost (well almost exact). As per the measurements, at 650 per sqft(all inclusive), the total cost came to about 1.3 Lakhs. There might be some extra required, depending on how the technician uses the film, and therefore, it might go up to 1.6L for the whole car.

So I am definitely going in for STEK. Will share more details when I get it done.

Sharing some pictures and information that I got there.

These are tech specs of STEK

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-stek001.jpeg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-stek002.jpeg

This is how the warranty comes with VIN number and customer details. You also get a call from STEK for feedback.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-stek-warranty.jpeg

These are the premises. Very clean and authentic products are used for all purposes.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-001.jpeg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-002.jpeg

Demo sheet

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-003.jpeg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-005.jpeg
chipsnchops is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 10:25   #769
BHPian

Some more observations about ScorpioN

INFOTAINMENT

Check your infotainment system properly. Mine is getting changed. They were not able to upgrade the software. It is NOT the same software as XUV700. They have ordered a new piece from pune.

MOBILE CHARGING (IMPORTANT)

When you put your mobile to charge, the charging is very slow but more concerning is that when you stop at a signal and when the engine goes off, it continues to charge, BUT THE MOMENT YOU PRESS THE CLUTCH TO RESTART THE ENGINE, THE PHONE STOPS CHARGING. This is a major issue because it interferes with the battery charging cycles of the phone. I have informed them already. They said they will look into this when they take my car for changing the infotainment.

7D MATS

If you are taking a Manual drive, either avoid 7D Mats or you will have to detach the top part and adjust it. The edge of the top mat comes exactly where the heel rests. So when I release the clutch, I end up dragging the mat, which is very irritating and uncomfortable. I removed the detachable top and adjusted it. Otherwise, these mats are really nice.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-001.jpeg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-002.jpeg

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-003.jpeg

SEAT BELT

The seat belt buckle is deep in a crevice If you have large hands, you will find it difficult to put the seat belt.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-seatbelt001.jpeg
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-seatbelt002.jpeg
chipsnchops is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 12:15   #770

Finally got the car (Z8L auto, 4x4, Black) delivered over the weekend in Delhi. Initial observations:

1 - Awesome driveability in traffic
2 - Diesel clutter is higher than I expected in cabin after watching youtube reviews. Otherwise its a silent cabin
3 - Speakers are not the greatest. Good but not out of this world
4 - Kids love the high seating position more than me and have themselves assked for a booster seat to sit even higher
5 - Fuel economy is 7 as per MID after 160 km of in city driving. Will update with tankfull method soon

The car does not have suspension noise and is not veering left. However, I can feel a bit of the road on the steering wheel. I would not have noticed the vibrations had I not read about it here. Vibrations were not present on the petrol Z8L that I had test driven.

One weird thing I have observed is that when the brake pedal is pushed or released, a click/knock can be felt on the gear lever. No sound, just a tap. Has anyone else noticed this?
sunilonwheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 13:07   #771

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
Some more observations about ScorpioN

INFOTAINMENT

Check your infotainment system properly. Mine is getting changed. They were not able to upgrade the software. It is NOT the same software as XUV700. They have ordered a new piece from pune.

MOBILE CHARGING (IMPORTANT)

7D MATS

SEAT BELT
Thanks for the useful information, I am getting my car this week and will definitely check the mentioned things beforehand.
Will share my experiences about the driving as well as the interiors including audio system and other features.

Happy driving
Old 3rd October 2022, 17:47   #772
SDK
BHPian

I visited the showroom today and asked for the VIN of the vehicle allotted to me.
The dealer gave the VIN as N6J93578.

Is this correct ? I thought the VIN would be longer.
If this is correct, can you help me decode the month of manufacture ?
Old 3rd October 2022, 18:19   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
I visited the showroom today and asked for the VIN of the vehicle allotted to me.
The dealer gave the VIN as N6J93578.

Is this correct ? I thought the VIN would be longer.
If this is correct, can you help me decode the month of manufacture ?
The VIN is longer but this is the part that matters. What is shared with you is the second part of your VIN. From your VIN, your vehicle is manufactured in September.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 23:15   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilonwheels View Post
Finally got the car (Z8L auto, 4x4, Black) delivered over the weekend in Delhi. Initial observations:

1 - Awesome driveability in traffic
2 - Diesel clutter is higher than I expected in cabin after watching Youtube reviews. Otherwise its a silent cabin
3 - Speakers are not the greatest. Good but not out of this world
4 - Kids love the high seating position more than me and have themselves assked for a booster seat to sit even higher
5 - Fuel economy is 7 as per MID after 160 km of in city driving. Will update with tankfull method soon

The car does not have suspension noise and is not veering left. However, I can feel a bit of the road on the steering wheel. I would not have noticed the vibrations had I not read about it here. Vibrations were not present on the petrol Z8L that I had test driven.

One weird thing I have observed is that when the brake pedal is pushed or released, a click/knock can be felt on the gear lever. No sound, just a tap. Has anyone else noticed this?
Yes , my Z8L 4WD Auto has the exact same behaviour , not sure if causes any issues but it’s weird. FE on the MID is 8.7 after 250 km of city driving. My vehicle is pulling towards left a bit and has the infamous headlamp alignment issue - service Center folks are still figuring out how to correct that, so far I’ve been using high beam as low beam else it’s very weak otherwise. I’m not happy at all with the illumination the low beam offers , too low for a vehicle this size. Has anyone dismantled the projector unit to see if we can upgrade/change the bulb ? Very keen on this actually , feeling very disheartened looking at how poor the lighting this vehicle provides. My 2017 Dzire lights up road much much better (I have 100/90 halogen bulbs with Philips relay on it).
Old 4th October 2022, 10:18   #775

I'll be getting my Z8L D 2WD AT (deep forest) tomorrow.

To do the PPF or not is the big confusion right now ...

I received different quotes from different detailers so far and the avg ask is for 1.4 to 1.5 lakhs.

I do not have a car park in my building and hence my car will be parked outside my building on the road in the open, which means the strays in our lane will climb up on Big Daddy's roof and bonnet for a good nights sleep.

This is the prime reason that am inclined on getting the PPF done, also the stone chipping that is bound to happen do to the road conditions here in mumbai.

Optimum Detailerz, chembur quoted around 1.68 lakhs for the Steak PPF with a 5 yr warrenty.

CeramicPro south mumbai and vasai both have given their best quote for 1.5 lakhs for their PPF called kavach with a 5 yr warrenty.

Detailing Devils vasai gave a quote of 1.3 lakhs for a 5 yr garware PPF.

The cheapest quote if from Sahilkhan design for his amourx PPF with a 5 yr warranty is 85K which is to cheap to be true. But looking at the cars that he has worked upon, he does seem to know what he is doing.

The more i talk to detailers the more confused i am..
ameyagaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 12:08   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
How accurate is Mahindra’s online booking status?
In my case, as per booking portal the car is supposed to go in production soon but I received a call from the dealership that the vehicle is on the way.
Not at all accurate. When it said the car is yet to go in to production, I had already received the VIN number of my car from my dealer. When I did the PDI of my vehicle yesterday but the portal still shows that it is on the way.
Old 4th October 2022, 17:48   #777

Hi everyone,

Has anyone received a call from Mahindra for delivery earlier than expected? I have a Z8L Petrol AT booking with delivery due in August 2023 (as per the tracker), however I've been hearing chatter about the tracker not being accurate and cars getting allotted much sooner (specifically for the Z8Ls) not sure if this is because of cancellations or variant splits have changed internally.

Wanted to check if anyone else has got a call from Mahindra earlier than expected?

Thanks!
Old 4th October 2022, 20:13   #778
BHPian

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20221004_201024.jpg

My booking, with initial delivery date of 26 Sept, then delayed to 20 Oct is now no longer trackable. It's been showing this technical reason since yesterday.

Anyone else seeing this?
Old 4th October 2022, 20:26   #779
BHPian

Checked just now, same!
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-6142f9993f6a4b149df9b48f1a44e320.png  

Old 4th October 2022, 23:12   #780
BHPian

Same message for everyone looks like. Might be doing upgrades to the system which might enable tracking or something alike. Recently they had opened a window for Z8 to Z8L upgrade. May be something related to revised timelines..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks