Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2022, 13:01   #1006

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Is anyone here still able to track their order on the Mahindra website? I remember earlier few members did mention that they were unable to see tracking info. At that time, I was still able to see the info for my booking. Suddenly, couple of weeks back, I too lost the ability. It just shows that the order is confirmed. I have not even received any SMS regarding movement of the estimated delivery date yet.

I had booked a Z6 D AT with the estimated delivery in March. Do you all think it is prudent to wait and assume Mahindra will be able to meet that timeline?
nanoguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 15:08   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoguy View Post
I had booked a Z6 D AT with the estimated delivery in March. Do you all think it is prudent to wait and assume Mahindra will be able to meet that timeline?
If you can wait then wait. The vehicle is worth the wait.
For my online booking, the tracking have gone long time ago. The webpage still says 'Order confirmed'. But the vehicle has been dispatched and will reach the dealership soon.
NT_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 17:39   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_GT View Post
If you can wait then wait. The vehicle is worth the wait.
For my online booking, the tracking have gone long time ago. The webpage still says 'Order confirmed'. But the vehicle has been dispatched and will reach the dealership soon.
Which model are you talking about? Z6?
Old 23rd December 2022, 17:42   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoguy View Post
Is anyone here still able to track their order on the Mahindra website?
I believe none of us are able to track the status online by ourselves.

however last week i happened to visit my dealership and they checked my booking status via their systems which showed date of March-April for my Z8 variant, unchanged from the last status i was able to view my self till last month.
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 18:10   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
Which model are you talking about? Z6?
No. Mine is Z4 with the timeline 11 Dec - 10 Jan given when tracking was available.
What I meant is that the delivery dates of Z6s and Z8s also won't be too far off from what appeared earlier. And of course, the N is worth the wait since there is no other option with this (protected) pricing, at least, for my kind of need and usage.
Old 23rd December 2022, 22:05   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shravan_Sunil View Post
Sir when did you book the vehicle? Did the vehicle reach the showroom earlier than estimated timeline? My Z4 D AT is showing Nov 2024 🥲 (booked on Oct 8th from Eram Motors Thrissur) . I'm hoping that it won't take that long and I would be able to take delivery by end of 2023. Should I stick on with the booking? I'm also considering Gen 2 Fortuner AT.
I booked on 31st July, at the launch. I got the intro pricing and price protection.

For you, I could suggest one option. I don't know how successful it will be. Recently a new dealership opened up in Trivandrum, very near my home. They are called CBC Mahindra. While I was waiting for my car, I had been in contact with them because it gave me a chance to get a very detailed look at the ScorpioN and other Mahindras, and also because I liked their approach.

One thing any new dealership gets is that they get some additional support throughout their first year. This is because they need some business to get established. If all they are doing isis taking XUV bookings, and not delivering anything, then they make almost no money, and still have to bear the expenses of their staff, premises, establishment etc.

So these guys have priority for their bookings for the first year at least. You can talk with them and see if you can either switch your booking to them (unlikely) or make a new booking with them that will have a better chance of being delivered early. The person I contacted is Sarath and his no. is 808 912 6555. I am sharing the number here because it is a business number, not private.
vivekgk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 10:03   #1012
BHPian

The dealer has the best idea if your variant is under production. They know your serial number in their list and by when the car is expected to arrive. My order status remained 'Order Confirmed' until the date of delivery after which it became 'Invoiced'. If the variant hasn't gone in production yet, most dealers are only speculating. There has been a 1 month delay in deliveries of Z4 so I think that will trickle down to other variants as well.
Old 25th December 2022, 14:49   #1013

Just received a mail from the dealership regarding the delivery date of my Z6 (Introductory pricing). The delivery date is now pushed to 22/04/2023 to 22/05/2023. Earlier it was 22 March-21 April.
Old 25th December 2022, 22:54   #1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy00 View Post
Just received a mail from the dealership regarding the delivery date of my Z6 (Introductory pricing). The delivery date is now pushed to 22/04/2023 to 22/05/2023. Earlier it was 22 March-21 April.
Yes, mine too has been pushed from April to March. But there has been a lot of cancelations as well and some has upgraded to Z8L so you can expect it earlier. I think if deserves the wait.
Old 25th December 2022, 23:48   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy00 View Post
Mine was earlier at May2023 but now pushed ahead to April 2023. Lets see if we get the big daddy in 2023!!
Old 26th December 2022, 17:45   #1016

I booked my Z8 AT Petrol in first week of November 2022 and I was given delivery date of Nov-Dec 2024 :-D
At the time I thought they would try to deliver in less than a year - thinking there would be cancellations, speed up in production etc. But looking at the comments in this forum it appears those who booked in July, even their delivery dates are being pushed. It doesn't look like I would get it in 2023 at all. :-(

I have started thinking of looking for alternatives as there is no way I can wait 2 years. Can someone recommend any alternatives? For me, the need is - 7 seater, Automatic, Petrol, Safety airbags is primary. XUV 700 is an alternative too but that has similar wait time. May be I go with Kia or Maruti.
insider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 01:23   #1017
BHPian

Am unable to track my Booking since the last couple of weeks.
Are you able to track your booking?

Regards,
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpio-booking-status-27dec2022.jpg

Last edited by siddarthab : 27th December 2022 at 01:23. Reason: Spelling Correction
Old 27th December 2022, 09:04   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insider View Post
I booked my Z8 AT Petrol in first week of November 2022 and I was given delivery date of Nov-Dec 2024 :-D

I have started thinking of looking for alternatives as there is no way I can wait 2 years. Can someone recommend any alternatives? For me, the need is - 7 seater, Automatic, Petrol, Safety airbags is primary. XUV 700 is an alternative too but that has similar wait time. May be I go with Kia or Maruti.
Here is the easiest option (assuming budget can be stretched a couple lakhs): Upgrade to a Z8L.

You may get delivery in less than a week.
Mahindra has overproduced Z8L and dealers are now pushing it to customers. Many dealers have this variant in their yards, ready to be sold right away.

Pros:
You get hands on Scorpio-N with least wait time.
Cons: You need to shell some extra 💸

Alternatives:
1. Kia Carens (6 airbags from base variant; though only 3 star in GNCAP)
2. Hyundai Alcazar
3. XL6/Ertiga
4. MG Hector plus
mnautss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 09:07   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddarthab View Post
Am unable to track my Booking since the last couple of weeks.
Are you able to track your booking?
Feature disabled by Mahindra. We are all in the same boat
Old 27th December 2022, 11:11   #1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnautss View Post
Here is the easiest option (assuming budget can be stretched a couple lakhs): Upgrade to a Z8L.
Thank you for your informative response.

I am not in that much of hurry so don't want to upgrade to Z8L. Mainly two reasons - first, the cost as you mentioned and second, there would be many recalls as the vehicle is new. In an year or so, they would fix many problems that would be reported.

In the alternatives - I would definitely weigh around the first 3 from your list - MG I don't like personally .

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th December 2022 at 11:40. Reason: Trimming quoted post, 2 smileys/post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks