Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2008, 14:50   #2311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
thanku again. yes, i realize quite well how much of a gimmick it is. I cant manage with this, it's impossible, and everything is the same as the stock bulbs. What do you recommend for me, nothing very expensive. just enough for me to see please. thanks.
Check out my 'view my garage' for an idea,and you can go for these.Immense illumination and perfect for every driving condition!

But am still looking for a pair of Hella 4000 Compact !
Old 1st November 2008, 17:30   #2312
BHPian

Got this from carthick99. do you agree with all this? how much will the setup cost me approx?

Hi Baleno's have fantastic reflector units and with the right bulbs can really make night driving way better.

1) Get your bulbs switched to H4 - 100 / 130 Philips Rallye. These are normal halongen bulbs. Please do NOT buy Phiips Blue or any other blue junk. Their light output is totally crap on tar roads since the balck absords the blue frequency. Remeber these are only look alike HID's not real Xenon units which have the best light output spectrum.

2) Wire these to Bosch relays - You will need two but i recommend four - two relays for each light - One dedicated relay for low and one for high. Use high capacity cabling for a more steady current output.

3) You will need better bulb sockets (plastic) you can get one from a store that sells truck parts - they have sockets that can take in a little more power and heat and not melt. In the regular car sockets with such high power you will melt the sockets in a year or less with regular use.

4) The Baleno like every car in this country uses E-code (Euro) lighting which means that your lights will be focussed with a sharp cutoff to the left of the road and a little more straight on on high beam. You can slightly refocus the units a little to give you a little more light on the road.

5) If you want to get HID lighting on your car - there are now plenty of good kits around - bulbs and ballast and all. But will cost you anywhere from 20 - 28 for the kit. But these are simply unbeatable.

6) I also suggest a pair of Hella Micro FF's in your Baleno fog lamp bumper slots. these are really kick-*** lights that are small, extremely powerful and are great for driving and will complement the Baleno light pattern and output well.

All the best!
Old 1st November 2008, 18:55   #2313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Boss! relay is not for getting more light, but protecting your wiring and circuits that are not designed to handle the increased current requirements of 100/90. Get a relay fixed if you hare using 100/90 instead of stock.
Today scouted and took opinion of two roadside electricians. Both confirmed relay needed to protect the wirings and circuit for the 90/100. Also they said that the bulbs wont work to their optimum luminosity without the relay circuit.
The first electrician (at Kharghar) coolly offered me a relay kit claiming it to be original at Rs. 700 + 50 Rs. labour. I was not convinced and decided to proceed to Nerul near LP. The electrician there seconded the opinion of the first but asked me to contact the nearby shop for the prices. They gave me a kit which was ISO certified cos. and used Finolex cables etc. Cost me Rs. 550. Labour charges were Rs. 80.
In the night I found a definite improvement from the Philips bulbs in comparison to last night when the same bulbs without relay gave me just an incremental improvement !! So atleast I have observed definite improvement. Maybe it could be due to the separate circuit directly from the battery.
So total cost is Rs. 900 for the satisfactory performance.
Old 2nd November 2008, 06:35   #2314
BHPian

Hi, Can anybody suggest me a reliable place in Bangalore (South Bangalore or JC road) to get my Headlamps of my Swift upgraded to 90/100. I am looking for Narvas, Bosch Relay and relaible wiring. Any suggestions welcome..
Old 2nd November 2008, 12:05   #2315
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

I am in the process of upgrading the headlights and foglights in my Swift Vxi to a P4 HID kit. Now apparently there are two colour temperatures available i.e. 4300K and 6000K. Which would be the better option for better visibility and looks?
Secondly there are also 2 options in terms of wattage i.e. 35W and 50W. I have been told to go in for the 50W option as apparently the headlight reflectors of the Swift are not the best and i may not be satisfied with the light if i go in for the 35W option. Is this true? Can the gurus giude me with the best option before i invest in this kit?

Epic
Old 2nd November 2008, 12:41   #2316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi guys,

I am in the process of upgrading the headlights and foglights in my Swift Vxi to a P4 HID kit. Now apparently there are two colour temperatures available i.e. 4300K and 6000K. Which would be the better option for better visibility and looks?
Secondly there are also 2 options in terms of wattage i.e. 35W and 50W. I have been told to go in for the 50W option as apparently the headlight reflectors of the Swift are not the best and i may not be satisfied with the light if i go in for the 35W option. Is this true? Can the gurus giude me with the best option before i invest in this kit?

Epic
Im using 4300k and while it doesnt turn heads but it's a relief during the rains. 6000k will give your ride that UFO look and definitely turn heads.

Most kits floating around are 5000k out here, Iv seen the difference while comparing bulbs.

The 35w vs 50w & swift reflectors not being good is a bunch of crock marketing that the guy is giving you.
Old 2nd November 2008, 13:01   #2317
BHPian

At EVO (Satya) I saw some kits on 4300 spec. Interesting one were the 3000K HIDs (H3 base). They have a 'coating' and give yellow light, ideal for fogs !

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Im using 4300k and while it doesnt turn heads but it's a relief during the rains. 6000k will give your ride that UFO look and definitely turn heads.

Most kits floating around are 5000k out here, Iv seen the difference while comparing bulbs.

The 35w vs 50w & swift reflectors not being good is a bunch of crock marketing that the guy is giving you.
Old 2nd November 2008, 16:14   #2318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
At EVO (Satya) I saw some kits on 4300 spec. Interesting one were the 3000K HIDs (H3 base). They have a 'coating' and give yellow light, ideal for fogs !
Yeah dude these are the ones I have too! Worth the price.

Just waiting for the Hella's and I will have the 3000k also installed
Old 2nd November 2008, 17:53   #2319
BHPian

I have 100/130W philips rally bulb and today I bought relay+cable set with ceremic holder. When I came home I noticed that on relay its written "200W Max" .
Should I use this relay or get higher wattage because in high beam total requirement will be 260W (130+130) . Just wanted to confirm this because that spare part shopkeeper will try to fool me if he will not be having any higher wattage.
Old 2nd November 2008, 19:14   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Any good place in Karol Bagh I can go to for installing Hella's and a bullbar?
hi, i hope i am not late and if you have still not gone for the bullbar
then i would recommend India Motors at Kashmere Gate ( next to the Masjid) the shop specializes in bullbars and rear guards for SUVs.
He even stocks carryboy and similar makes.The shop is not far from the main road ( First left turn after crossing the GPO next to the railway station) and there is approachable without much of a hassle.
Also Tata Motors are also selling Bullbars for the Safari ( i think they are made by carryboy) as they look the same and have "Tata" written on them. My friend purchased it and got it installed at a tata dealership for Rs 7K/-.
Old 2nd November 2008, 19:43   #2321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
I have 100/130W philips rally bulb and today I bought relay+cable set with ceremic holder. When I came home I noticed that on relay its written "200W Max" .
Should I use this relay or get higher wattage because in high beam total requirement will be 260W (130+130) . Just wanted to confirm this because that spare part shopkeeper will try to fool me if he will not be having any higher wattage.
Hashim
the trick is getting separate relays for each bulb!
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:08   #2322
BHPian

Guys,
Sorry for the out of topic question here. I found a silver color cap kind of thing at center of headlight reflector. I have noticed the same in many cars. The head light bulb will be covered by this cap when inserted properly. What is the use of this cap? What if I remove it? I feel its blocking the beam.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 2nd November 2008 at 23:19.
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:28   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Guys,
Sorry for the out of topic question here. I found a silver color cap kind of thing at center of headlight reflector. I have noticed the same in many cars. The head light bulb will be covered by this cap when inserted properly. What is the use of this cap? What if I remove it? I feel its blocking the beam.
According to what I know, maybe wrong; its meant to deflect the beam onto the reflectors and avoid the beam going head on and blinding oncoming traffic. I think this was also the reason why cabbies till some time ago had this black dot in the centre of the headlight - ambassadors especially - or a black line across the top of it. Again, I maybe wrong; but this is according to what I know.
The City doesnt have it, dont know of the other cars which dont have it - Santro maybe? All Santros have blinding lights when on high beams which is really annoying.
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:47   #2324
BHPian

guys -

I'd need a suggestion. I want to change lights of my 3yr old Optra Royale. At present they are company fitted. I'm relocating from Delhi to Hyderabad in Nov. So seeing the variation in climate conditions of 2 cities, what lights shall I go for. I'd love to go for white lights but read on the forum that white lights don't do good in rains & it pours heavily in Hyderabad as compared to New Delhi.
Also, I've come across an HID kit: JRS (moving xenon 7mm) from eastman group in reliance autozone ambi mall. Their specs are 55W, 12V, 10kTB. They provide 1 yr All over India warranty & cost Rs 15k
1) I'm not sure about it that whether I should go for HID light or not? If not, how should I increase the intensity of the light (yellow itself)?
2) What lights will work effectively with high intensity even in rains?
Old 3rd November 2008, 00:12   #2325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
According to what I know, maybe wrong; its meant to deflect the beam onto the reflectors and avoid the beam going head on and blinding oncoming traffic. I think this was also the reason why cabbies till some time ago had this black dot in the centre of the headlight - ambassadors especially - or a black line across the top of it. Again, I maybe wrong; but this is according to what I know.
The City doesnt have it, dont know of the other cars which dont have it - Santro maybe? All Santros have blinding lights when on high beams which is really annoying.
Santro also has that 'cap'.
Yeah Santro has a very good high beam! so this cap is not obstructing the beam. I feel it is designed to reflect the light back to the reflector to produce good beam.

Most Viewed