Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 09:49   #3991
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess you can upgrade to higher rated bulbs. In HIDs, a lot of light will be wasted.
Old 12th July 2010, 09:59   #3992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post
is that right?? if thats the case then I'm gonna stick to 100/90 halogens and my original headlamps and maybe go for the hella optilux 1102 as another member is opting for.
cheers mate
Though some light is wasted, The visibility is anyday increased when you get hids. I got 35w bi xenons in my glass lense headlamps and the visibility increased. mine are 35watt. If you want more light, then get 55watt bi-xenons.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:18   #3993
Senior - BHPian

Philips Rally now had H3 @ 100W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Tried searching but failed :(

What's the fog lamp bulb of Safari ? H3? H1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post

Philips Rally now has H3 @ 100W. Thinking of getting it for my Safari. Should be ok right?

Last edited by jkdas : 12th July 2010 at 16:29.
Old 12th July 2010, 18:45   #3994
Team-BHP Support

I am not sure if its a good idea.
Due to a splash of water, the glass of my fogs got minor cracks. Now imaging a 100W lamp, and rain.
Old 12th July 2010, 20:11   #3995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Due to a splash of water, the glass of my fogs got minor cracks. Now imaging a 100W lamp, and rain.
tsk1979, dont we need a rally and wiring kit for fogs as well? The way we do it for the headlamp upgrade?
Old 13th July 2010, 16:01   #3996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
tsk1979, dont we need a rally and wiring kit for fogs as well? The way we do it for the headlamp upgrade?
I have already upgraded the fogs to 100W (1 Hella & 1 Philips ) without the relay and wiring. I hope it wont be as issue for fog as the safari wiring is enough to handle that much current. One installer told me that safari has internal relay for fog lamp and extra relay wont be required.
Old 13th July 2010, 17:13   #3997
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
I have already upgraded the fogs to 100W (1 Hella & 1 Philips ) without the relay and wiring. I hope it wont be as issue for fog as the safari wiring is enough to handle that much current. One installer told me that safari has internal relay for fog lamp and extra relay wont be required.
Yes the stock wiring is good. But the problem is not the wiring, its the glass. It sits low, and can easily get water splashes. So if your fogs are on, and you splash through water, the glass will be cracked due to high heat.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:57   #3998
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the stock wiring is good. But the problem is not the wiring, its the glass. It sits low, and can easily get water splashes. So if your fogs are on, and you splash through water, the glass will be cracked due to high heat.
same happened with my zen's fog lamp, btw i have upgraded to 90/100 halonix bulbs with relay in fog and headlight, but now a days i ve been noticing that in night (specially on open roads) the visibility is almost 0.
i mean there is barely any difference if i turn on and off the lights of my car, it will run on street lights only ??

what shall I do? any 1 else facing this kinda issue?
Old 14th July 2010, 13:12   #3999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Quote:
Emm, good and bad news !

Happy that the wiring will take the load but now the glass part is worrying!

LionX;have you driven a lot with fogs on?
Old 14th July 2010, 20:48   #4000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Emm, good and bad news !

Happy that the wiring will take the load but now the glass part is worrying!

LionX;have you driven a lot with fogs on?
Did you think of HID for this? since it is at very low level, might not glare so much for oncoming eyes . I have seen H3 yellow coated ones sometimes back and they should suit for fog light requirement.
Old 18th July 2010, 17:46   #4001
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi Guys

can anyone let me know the price of Roolite or light force in chennai?

I also need the details of dealer or variants available in these brands
Hi All ,please let me know which is the best for high way driving ? Roo lite,Light force or Hella.

Let me know the model number and also the approximate price for it

Thanks
Old 18th July 2010, 21:22   #4002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All ,please let me know which is the best for high way driving ? Roo lite,Light force or Hella.

Let me know the model number and also the approximate price for it

Thanks
Hi Joshguy,

I can vouch for the lightforce for the highway driving. I have Lightforce 240 with normal xenopshot 100 watts bulbs. It comes in 3 models based on the size. lightforce 140, lightforce 170 and Light force 240.

Also you have the option of normal xenophot bulbs or the HID's. The HID's cost almost the double. I feel 240 model is a overkill for sedans. I paid around Rs 14k (including wiring harness) and got it from US. Here in Bangalore it costs about 25k.

The second best option is to go for Hella 4000 which costs around 12k in Bangalore.

Here are some of the sites where you can buy online in US.

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/category/driving-fog-lights/lightforce.html

LightForce Lights -

LightForce 240 Blitz Driving Light - Sierra Expeditions.

cheers
Kishore
bkishore_77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2010, 23:15   #4003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Today intentionally started late from office, to check the performance of the Philips Rally H4 100/90 W. Its awesome. Liked the throw as well as the intensity in both low and high beam. Highly recommended bulbs.

Thanks TBHP to help me to choose the right one.
Sofar the performance of the Philips Rally H4 100/90 W was really outstanding. Today while returning from office one bulb is not working! Stopped and checked, actually bulb is working but the intensity is like a 10 W bulb.

Can any body throw some light, why the intensity decreased in both high and low beam of the said bulb, where as the other bulb is working fine.
Old 20th July 2010, 02:05   #4004
BHPian

@Gaddiwale : Same case happened even with me a couple of time, I'm sure your bulb will go kaput soon. My bulb ( both the times ) started looking like a bedlamp. When I opened and checked the bulb's glass wall was whiteish and blueish. Maybe some manufacturing defect. I had 130/100 cutout and I used 100/90 in one headlamp in case of emergency. used 100/90 bulbs twice and they worked for not more than 2 days each. Got 130/100 later and they were working fine. I later switched to HIDs.
Old 20th July 2010, 09:36   #4005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Did you think of HID for this? since it is at very low level, might not glare so much for oncoming eyes . I have seen H3 yellow coated ones sometimes back and they should suit for fog light requirement.
Any idea from where I can procure and how much it would cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks