Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2013, 12:39   #7351
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit350 View Post
Hello Naveen Sir!

... This accessory shop is well known in Pune and they do projectors setup for cars. Even the owner himself has projectors installed on his car and on that basis only he suggested me to go for HID's without projectors. .
Hi Ankit,

Which is this shop? I am from Pune. Would like to check this if its working well for you. Pls add pics once you finish the final changes to the set up.

Regards,
Old 13th June 2013, 12:50   #7352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Hi Ankit,

Which is this shop? I am from Pune. Would like to check this if its working well for you. Pls add pics once you finish the final changes to the set up.

Regards,
Hello Ricky

The shop I am talking about is Bafna Cars which is located at FC Road,Shivaji Nagar. Let me know if you need their contact number.
I will surely upload the pics as soon as the work is completed.
ankit350 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 17:27   #7353
BHPian

Got fed up with the stock lights on my Polo, they started giving me nightmares while driving on ill-lit highways in the rain. Bought a pair of Philips Xtreme Vision H4 60/55 for 1200/- (they seem to be quite hard to get in Trivandrum). Results are good.
Old 22nd June 2013, 10:01   #7354
Senior - BHPian

@Kutts: Where did you pick em up from?

Jerry's usually carries Nightbreakers fyi.
Old 22nd June 2013, 10:46   #7355
BHPian

Is the H4 Halogen 55/60w from Maruti Zen/Baleno direct fit on Bajaj Avenger? I fitted the bulb and there is a lot of improvement. I want to make sure there are no side-effects such as reflector fading away, wiring harness getting burnt up or so.
Old 22nd June 2013, 11:20   #7356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Is the H4 Halogen 55/60w from Maruti Zen/Baleno direct fit on Bajaj Avenger? I fitted the bulb and there is a lot of improvement. I want to make sure there are no side-effects such as reflector fading away, wiring harness getting burnt up or so.
As you ave already got the bulb into the bike, it seems like a direct 'fit' but what I am concerned about is that what the original bulb rating in the bike was? 35/35w? or 45w? Whatever it was, I think, 55/60W is an overkill, both for the wiring & switch. Even the battery may die with some night riding. I don't know about how to save the battery, may be a higher rating one (?) (experts please!), but to safeguard your wiring, bulb holder and the switches, you must use a relay and a wiring kit that comes along with the relay. It will cost you at least Rs. 800-900/- for getting the job done, IMO.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 14:52   #7357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

As you ave already got the bulb into the bike, it seems like a direct 'fit' but what I am concerned about is that what the original bulb rating in the bike was? 35/35w? or 45w? Whatever it was, I think, 55/60W is an overkill, both for the wiring & switch. Even the battery may die with some night riding. I don't know about how to save the battery, may be a higher rating one (?) (experts please!), but to safeguard your wiring, bulb holder and the switches, you must use a relay and a wiring kit that comes along with the relay. It will cost you at least Rs. 800-900/- for getting the job done, IMO.

Regards,
Saket
The avenger has 55/60 watt setup from factory. And you can use any H4 bulb. The reason why you noticed improvement is maybe because the bulb quality of the new bulb was better than what you were using earlier
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 16:49   #7358
BHPian

Quote:
yes it is, Avenger uses 60/55 H4 as OE. I recommend you try Osram Nightbreaker plus or Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs over regular 60/55 , because you on the bike have just one lamp, so all the more reason to have more lumens. I was much happier with Osram NB on my ZMA over a regular 60/55 , it's not just the color or the brightness, the premium bulbs also seem to have better focus via a more precise filament design.

Mind you, it's nothing close to HID or 100W+ bulbs.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 17:03   #7359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The avenger has 55/60 watt setup from factory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
yes it is, Avenger uses 60/55 H4 as OE.
Didn't know that! It should be fine with any H4 60/55W normally used on cars. The improvement might be because of a better/ newer bulb. Try xtreme vision or Osram NBs as suggested. They claim good improvement over brightness levels with same wattage. You would not require any change in electricals using those.

Regards,
Saket
Old 22nd June 2013, 23:28   #7360
Senior - BHPian

I got my stock bulbs replaced with Philips ExtremeVision, Rs. 1200 a pair. It was more of an impulse buy and so I don't have comparison pictures.

However within the brief ten minute drive, I did notice the high beam throw goes a little farther than the stock lights.

More on this next week after I have driven through the rains and nights, but I think it is an improvement.
Old 23rd June 2013, 05:05   #7361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The avenger has 55/60 watt setup from factory. And you can use any H4 bulb. The reason why you noticed improvement is maybe because the bulb quality of the new bulb was better than what you were using earlier
Thank you sagarpadaki, saket77, honeybee and Ricci for your responses. I had this spare bulbs of my car lying around. I knew avenger comes with default H4 55/60w. I wanted to give a try. Maybe it is a new bulb and glows better.

Can you advice on higher configuration bulb that I could use without much damages? I also prefer fog lamp installation. 70% of my driving is at night. I am thinking to shift the front two indicator lamps onto handlebar (below the grips) and put the fog lamps in the place of indicators? Would want this to work. Can you guys throw your ideas on it please?

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 23rd June 2013 at 05:07.
Old 23rd June 2013, 08:55   #7362
Senior - BHPian

Without risking much damage, the safest options are to use either the Osram Nightbreaker series, or the Philips ExtremeVision series which are 60/55 w bulbs but claim to provide more light and a longer throw. I switched to Philips ExtremeVision last night and I can confirm the throw is a bit longer.

I am not much of a motorcyclist, so I cannot comment on the fog lamp fitment, but if your bike has a battery, do consider if it can take this additional load.

To be on the safer side I would suggest first upgrade the headlight bulb to either Osram or Philips and then try it out in your night rides. If the bulb provides sufficient illumination, you may not need further mods.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 10:52   #7363
Distinguished - BHPian

How did the avenger come with a 60/55w setup from the factory? As per ARAI or any certifying authority, shouldn't two wheelers come with a max wattage of 35/35w? Just like how max wattage for cars is set at 60/55w.

I am planning a direct swap to 60/55w on my dio and check out if there are any harsh effects. Anyways my night usage is very less and I think the battery issues can be handled. About the switch I will design a harness in my holidays and bypass it using a relay. As for now, I think I shall go the direct way. Even if something conks out, like the switch or so, I dont think it will be so expensive to replace.
Old 24th June 2013, 03:59   #7364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
To be on the safer side I would suggest first upgrade the headlight bulb to either Osram or Philips and then try it out in your night rides. If the bulb provides sufficient illumination, you may not need further mods.
Yes. I will try that this holiday.
Old 24th June 2013, 08:37   #7365
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I did 400Km trip and I got really frustrated with the throw of the headlights. Since my i20 is now out of warranty I guess I can upgrade to 100/90 or even 110/130. Can you guys recommend me some good reliable bulbs. Also isnt 110/130 going to be too much? Very rarely I do highway trips.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks