Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2013, 10:56   #7591
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Not exactly. 3000K is slightly yellowish. White is 4300K. Yellow is 2700K. I think it may be ideal for fogs.
Are you using projectors? If not, then even for fogs, it will lead to inconvenience for oncoming traffic. I think there have been enough debates on not to use HIDs without projectors
Old 19th September 2013, 11:06   #7592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Are you using projectors? If not, then even for fogs, it will lead to inconvenience for oncoming traffic. I think there have been enough debates on not to use HIDs without projectors
IMHO - i feel 3000K is like a fireball into one's eye. Professor - this is not to antagonize you or offend you. Just trying to clarify here.

I have to reiterate here - any suggestions on how to go HID with Projectors on i20 - any reliable source here in Bangalore?
Old 19th September 2013, 11:15   #7593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
IMHO - i feel 3000K is like a fireball into one's eye. Professor - this is not to antagonize you or offend you. Just trying to clarify here.

I have to reiterate here - any suggestions on how to go HID with Projectors on i20 - any reliable source here in Bangalore?
Please check with Satya--Evo Cambridge Road.I had got projectors fitted on a Friend's Innova and he did a wicked job
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 11:44   #7594
BANNED

@Shubz; 4000-4300K may be ideal for the headlights, but fogs need a lower colour temperature.
Old 20th September 2013, 11:42   #7595
BHPian

Re. my plan to change the Fogs on the Fusion. The seller from whom I plan to buy is clear that it is a non-canbus circuit. I intend to move the HID kit to a new car when I upgrade vehicles. Is it sensible to go in for a canbus ballast & can it be used on a non canbus vehicle?
Old 20th September 2013, 16:15   #7596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Update.
My CIVIC with FX-R Projectors.
FX-r 1.1 Bi-Xenon Projectors
Morimoto 35W D2S Bulbs
Gatling Gun shrouds

Attachment 874350

Left Indigo with 130/100 Halogens, Right my Civic with FX-r (both Low Beams)
Attachment 874351

Attachment 874352

Low- Beam - FX-R
Attachment 874353

I have replaced the Morimoto H1 mini Projectors with FX-R Projectors.
Thanks Anoop (Digital-Vampire) for helping me out in getting this Morimoto things done, Though it was a messy job I know but those 2 days were cumbersome. Once again thanks for all the effort you put on my headlights & also for Gyan.

Joice Willi (litessence) for helping me out in fitting the FX-R projectors.
For both of you I'm whole heartedly thanking you for the efforts you put in my car.
Hi,

I am impressed with the light throw seen in the last image above. I am discussing things with THE RETROFIT SOURCE technicians and they have suggested to go for the FX-R projectors instead of the Mini D2S for my Xylo as the headlight is big and FX-R 3" projectors have got the best output which is evident from the image you have put above. Also aesthetically, being a bigger lens it will look better on my headlamps than Mini. Did you do this retrofit on the existing headlamps of your car (since FX-R requires good amount of cutting and modifications to be done) or bought another pair for it ? How much is the advantage over the stock bulbs in Reflectors over HID in FX-R Projectors ?

Has anyone done a retrofit on Xylo Headlights with Angel eyes and daemon eyes ?

Regards,
Rahul
Old 20th September 2013, 17:31   #7597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Hi,

I am impressed with the light throw seen in the last image above.. Did you do this retrofit on the existing headlamps of your car (since FX-R requires good amount of cutting and modifications to be done) or bought another pair for it ? How much is the advantage over the stock bulbs in Reflectors over HID in FX-R Projectors ?
It was done on the existing headlamp itself.
I suggest to get this work done from a reputed retrofitter, coz this involves precision.

Hid is more powerful than halogens in terms of luminosity.
I haven't tried HID's on reflectors.
I wouldn't suggest HID's in halogen reflectors, the glare is way too much for the oncoming traffic
Old 20th September 2013, 18:21   #7598
BHPian

[quote=Ajith-s;3197999]Can anyone suggest where I can get Fog lamps fitted for 2009 Civic SMT.

I went to Sachin's Autoshop and they did not have stock.

Can you please provide the address and contact number of Sachin's Auto shop in Bangalore since I intend to upgrade my stock headlights of Hyundai
i10
Old 20th September 2013, 21:19   #7599
Senior - BHPian

Here you go
080-41104109

You can get more detail about the store from the dedicated thread for that store in the recommended store section in Bangalore .
Hope it helps
Cheers
Old 21st September 2013, 11:49   #7600
BHPian

[quote=KALSANKRPAI;3243392]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajith-s View Post
Can anyone suggest where I can get Fog lamps fitted for 2009 Civic SMT.

I went to Sachin's Autoshop and they did not have stock.

Can you please provide the address and contact number of Sachin's Auto shop in Bangalore since I intend to upgrade my stock headlights of Hyundai
i10
Hi Kalsankrpai - sorry for the late reply - was travelling.
Schoudhury has already replied, with the phone number.

Address of Autoshop: No.432, Near Someshwara Temple/SAI Baba Temple, 1st Main, 7th Block, Koramangala, Bangalore - 560095.

If possible go on a weekday. They tend to be busy during weekends, and parking is a problem.

Please let me know if you need directions.
Old 21st September 2013, 15:55   #7601
BHPian

Guys quick question, does the fiesta classic 1.4L Petrol have separate hazard and turn signal flashers and fuses or are they the same. My turn indicators have gone kaput but the hazard works fine.

Thanks.
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:36   #7602
BANNED

I have managed to install the 3000K HID fogs in my Civic. The experience is at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3245112
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:47   #7603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
It was done on the existing headlamp itself.
I suggest to get this work done from a reputed retrofitter, coz this involves precision.

Hid is more powerful than halogens in terms of luminosity.
I haven't tried HID's on reflectors.
I wouldn't suggest HID's in halogen reflectors, the glare is way too much for the oncoming traffic
Hi, Great output pics. Can you also please put up pics of high beam, both against a wall and also on the road. That would really help.
Great Stuff

Rgds
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:57   #7604
BHPian

I currently own a Manza .
Manza headlight is triple barrel design.
Separate bulbs for hi and low beams .
H 7 , 55 W were the stock bulbs :

Now for my query please refer to below sequence of events.

1st )I got HID installed in stock headlamps of my Manza (wheels car customs- Andheri, Mumbai).
While the improvement was tremendous i was skeptical and got them removed next Sunday as the glare from HIDs(4300K)(H7) was blinding to fellow motorists (personal feeling) and reinstalled the stock bulbs
2nd)After a few months WHEELS recommended me smoking the head light bezels to black. They were very sure that they would look very good on Manza triple barrel head lamps. So i went for the same. But next 7 days i was disappointing with the head light spread as same was disturbed due to blackened bezel.
3rd)To make up for the same i then again installed HIDs (4300K) and fortunately with blackened bezel this time the HIDs were not hurting to eyes.

However my query now is :

1)If i go in for projectors , i am afraid, i will not get satisfactory beam and focus (Please keep in mind thefact that i have to install after market projectors as there is no OEM option available for Tata Manza)
I am especially worried about night driving on highway for speeds @ 80-100-110-120 kmph. what should i do? Should i go for projectors ?

2)Also with 4300K i feel it is confusing at those speeds on highway and taken away some confidence of driving and actual stock bulb - h7 ,55 Watt 3500k was better practically in stock head lamps for night highway driving.
Is the color of HIDs 43000 K making me feel that way ?
Please remember 4300K is whitish but not completely white. Theoretically they are supposed to be the most ideal color for headlamps.

Will this situation remain the same even after the projectors ?
Or will the focused beam pattern from projectors help me a great deal even with 4300K HIDs that i have now.
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:46   #7605
BANNED

Using HIDs in a normal lamp can be tricky. The position of the discharge is different from that of the filament. Also, the light must be aligned again after lamp replacement. A 55 HID in a headlight is like a 150-200W bulb. I will stick to 35W HIDs in headlights, and treat 4300K as the upper limit. Also,mak sure you align properly. My son had HIDs in his Swift but I did not see any additional dazzle/ glare.

Most Viewed