Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2020, 09:08   #11821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Has anyone upgraded the bulbs in the small projector fog lamps available on the new Verna, Venue or Seltos (HTK/HTK+)? Which type of bulb is used in these projectors?
The bulbs used in these fog projectors are HB4 type. You have a lot of options in Philips / Osram / Bosch etc for improved bulbs.

Alternatively; you can go for 2.5" Bi-Xenon projector fog lamps with 35w 4300k HID. The wiring kit will be available as plug & play for HB4 to HID (as per projector bulb base).

The stock fuse is 15A for fog lamps in these cars; so no issue with regards to electrical supply.
Surya-TJet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 09:15   #11822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsamu View Post
Hello everyone,

Need help and guidance. The stock headlights of the new Honda Amaze in two words are 'Absolute Useless' resulting two past trips dreadful. I need to upgrade them but major concern is Warranty issues.

Spoke to an electrician I know. He is suggesting to put a relay n change the stock bulbs to Osram 90/100 locally available. I also wishes I could get a little whitish light but needs to be effective too. Also don't want to hit the expensive side.

The stock lights are some Phoenix company H4 bulb reflector type currently.

Please guide.
Hi, I would suggest you not to go for 100/90 bulbs with relay. Instead plan for projector bi-xenon fog lamps with 35w 4300k HID kit. It will give a good improvement in lighting.

Since Amaze has a 10A fuse; you might have to use a relay powered via the battery for the fog lamp projectors.

My suggestion is to try out this fog lamp projector as it will be cost effective. If it doesn't give you satisfactory light output; then you can go for projector retrofit in headlamp assembly and will be more expensive.
Surya-TJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 09:17   #11823
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone used HID kit or projectors from FE Retrofit and can share some feedback about the product? It is about 5k cheaper than Morimoto (whose supply is impacted due to COVID) and carries 1 year warranty.
I have seen a few vehicles with FE Retrofit. The brightness and focus seems superb. But am not sure of their pricing (since you say its only 5k cheaper than Morimoto). Which model in Morimoto are you referring to? And what is your modification plan? Headlamp or foglamp?
Surya-TJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 09:30   #11824
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post
I have seen a few vehicles with FE Retrofit. The brightness and focus seems superb. But am not sure of their pricing (since you say its only 5k cheaper than Morimoto). Which model in Morimoto are you referring to? And what is your modification plan? Headlamp or foglamp?
Any long term reviews of the FE Retrofit products?

I have received quote of 14.5k for Morimoto kit and 4.5k for the canbus standalone but don't have the model details yet.

I am looking to upgrade the bulbs on my headlamps first and had a passing thought if I should upgrade the fog lamps too.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 10:29   #11825
BHPian

Quote:

I have received quote of 14.5k for Morimoto kit and 4.5k for the canbus standalone but don't have the model details yet.

I am looking to upgrade the bulbs on my headlamps first and had a passing thought if I should upgrade the fog lamps too.
The brand FE Retrofit itself is hardly 1.5 years old. Haven't seen any negative reviews yet. It seems good.

I will suggest you NOT to put HID kit in reflector headlamps of the amaze. Not only will you not have proper lighting improvement; but will cause excessive glare to oncoming traffic.

Hence my suggestion is to first try the fog lamp upgrade. And then if required; go for the main headlamp upgrade by projector retrofit.

I repeat - Do NOT fit HID / LED kit in reflector headlamp assembly.
Surya-TJet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 10:31   #11826
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post
The brand FE Retrofit itself is hardly 1.5 years old. Haven't seen any negative reviews yet. It seems good.

I will suggest you NOT to put HID kit in reflector headlamps of the amaze. Not only will you not have proper lighting improvement; but will cause excessive glare to oncoming traffic.

Hence my suggestion is to first try the fog lamp upgrade. And then if required; go for the main headlamp upgrade by projector retrofit.

I repeat - Do NOT fit HID / LED kit in reflector headlamp assembly.
Thanks for the feedback

I own a Seltos (and not Amaze) which already has projector setup for headlamp and fog lamps (the small ones seen on Venue too). Hence I believe HID upgrade is perfectly fine for my car.
Old 16th August 2020, 11:34   #11827
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback

I own a Seltos (and not Amaze) which already has projector setup for headlamp and fog lamps (the small ones seen on Venue too). Hence I believe HID upgrade is perfectly fine for my car.
Hi, sorry for that confusion with another BHP-ian's post. Since you have the Seltos; then I suggest you take Morimoto HID kit. Its better quality. Be sure to take 4300k / 3800k. Do not take 5500k / 6000k.

Also, please make a habit of not using your passing flasher in daytime. This would drastically reduce the life the HID kit.

And, do share photos of your light output after the HID kit conversion.
Surya-TJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 13:58   #11828

Hi all,
I am looking to upgrade the stock bulbs in my ~ year old i20 magna+ variant. it is h4 type 55W bulbs. I was thinking of upgrading it to 100/90 W bulbs with relay. Which brand shall i go for? Philips or Osram? I may require to drive the car in foggy conditions. Yellow color would be the best choice? Or can i manage with white?
Thank You
Old 17th August 2020, 15:28   #11829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.modi05 View Post
Hi all,
I am looking to upgrade the stock bulbs in my ~ year old i20 magna+ variant. it is h4 type 55W bulbs. I was thinking of upgrading it to 100/90 W bulbs with relay. Which brand shall i go for? Philips or Osram? I may require to drive the car in foggy conditions. Yellow color would be the best choice? Or can i manage with white?
Thank You
Philips Rally slightly better than the Osram Rallye 100/90W bulb.

I have also used Osram All Weather 100/90W bulbs which give warm yellow light and are fantastic even in heavy rains. However the above Rally bulbs (Philips or Osram) are brighter and have a longer throw. Unless you are driving regularly in fog and/or rains, I would suggest Rally bulbs.
Old 17th August 2020, 18:26   #11830
BHPian

Quote:

I would suggest to go with company OEM or with good brands like OSRAM Performance or Phillips, these are made to a standard and you want something reliable. Most brands sold here are Chinese rebrands.

Last edited by motorpsycho : 17th August 2020 at 18:29.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 15:33   #11831
BHPian

Guys I'm using a Ford Freestyle TDCi. My highway drives are scary and the lights are extremely pathetic. Even with the highbeams and fog lights on, it's like driving blindly unable to see what's on the road and what's ahead of me. In rainy condition it's even more bad.

I zeroed in on Hella Rallye 500FF and 700FF driving lights.

Can anyone please suggest me the good Aux setup?

My problem is extremely poor visibility of speedbreakers, potholes and whatever it is on the road and poor visibility of vehicles ahead of me. Even at the speeds such as 80kmph it's worst.
Old 18th August 2020, 20:55   #11832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK01 View Post
Guys I'm using a Ford Freestyle TDCi. My highway drives are scary and the lights are extremely pathetic. Even with the highbeams and fog lights on, it's like driving blindly unable to see what's on the road and what's ahead of me. In rainy condition it's even more bad.

I zeroed in on Hella Rallye 500FF and 700FF driving lights.

Can anyone please suggest me the good Aux setup?

My problem is extremely poor visibility of speedbreakers, potholes and whatever it is on the road and poor visibility of vehicles ahead of me. Even at the speeds such as 80kmph it's worst.
I had similar issues with my Aspire but the problem was solved when I replaced the stock fog lamps with projector fog lamps. The overall output has improved drastically and now I can easily drive at 90-100 kmph in the night.
MrBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 21:32   #11833
BHPian

I am looking to upgrade my Honda city 2014 Headlights. Do not want to go for a led(light cut-off) or hid setup(cost). This comes with a H7 type bulb setup. What are the options. One of the aftermarket installer was suggesting an upgrade to 80 watt bulbs directly and as per him no relay is required since the wattage difference is not much. Do we get Philips rally or Extreme vision for H7 type bulbs
Old 18th August 2020, 22:07   #11834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
I am looking to upgrade my Honda city 2014 Headlights. Do not want to go for a led(light cut-off) or hid setup(cost). This comes with a H7 type bulb setup. What are the options. One of the aftermarket installer was suggesting an upgrade to 80 watt bulbs directly and as per him no relay is required since the wattage difference is not much. Do we get Philips rally or Extreme vision for H7 type bulbs
I think it is not H7, it is H11 in the 4th gen honda city
Old 21st August 2020, 00:33   #11835
BHPian

Hi, i have a lame question / favor to ask for... I have the new Ertiga ZXi Auto (2019)which comes with "yellow" lights projectors. My simple ask is to change to "White" lights without the warranty getting affected. Is that possible, if yes then how and where can i get it done in Gurgaon / Delhi? TIA..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks