Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2020, 20:26   #11851
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post
Or if these shops have it as a kit and will cover for warranty themselves; you can get it installed through them.
Thanks a ton for a prompt and informative reply. I was worried about the Maruti Suzuki warranty, if they will honour in case I go ahead with these modifications.

Will contact the "The Automotive Lighting Experts" and check with them, about their tie-up in Pune, if any.

Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 01:11   #11852
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Hi,

I will suggest 35w HID as the OE fog lamp fuse rating is 15A. The 35W HID kit draws around 12-13A during start up (for the first few seconds) and then settles around 9-10A in operation.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I would like to keep things simple with minimal additional components. Hence I feel 35W would be the way to go. How would you rate the throw of stock halogen 55w fogs to 35W HID projectors? Since I'm upgrading anyway would 35W HIDs be sort of a compromise?

MOD NOTE - u= you. Please use space after a punctuation, not before.

Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 31st August 2020 at 09:54. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 1st September 2020, 10:58   #11853
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

2. If budget is not a concern; go for Morimoto D2S 5.0 bixenon projector with 50W 4800k HID kit in your low beam slot. Use Philips bulbs on high beam. If you really want lights like a stadium; go for fog lamp upgrade as well along with the headlight. Should cost around 55-60k depending upon your requirement of bling additions to the headlamp projector (angel/demon eyes, RGB effects, shrouds, custom painting etc.)

Cheers & Safe Driving
I have an extended warranty on the car, hence will opening up the headlamps and upgrading to projector headlamps void the warranty. Also will this required rewiring/splicing of wires or are there adapters that can be fitted to make the projectors work?

If this whole setup will cost 55 to 60K is it better to get the Limited Plus headlamps from Jeep itself which come with a projector setup. The only issue in that case is that it comes with a single bulb and DRL strip. Which might mean rewiring as well.

I don't to go all out on the cash yet I am keen to have an upgrade which will work on a long term. Upgrading the bulbs are definitely the easiest option since if it doesn't work I can always replace then with new bulbs.
Old 1st September 2020, 11:34   #11854
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrules View Post
Has anyone changed Jeep Compass Sports Plus Quad Halogen Lights with LED bulbs? The current headlights are very inadequate on the highway.
Since you have a quad-reflector setup, install bi-xenon projectors in the outer lens (Morimoto D2S 5.0 with 4800K D2S 50W HID). It shall be a plug-n-play type upgrade with no wire splicing.

I have the same projector setup on my Creta too. Almost 2 years and 45,000 kms - no issues with fogging or headlight setup. Night driving is a pleasure. Link to the DIY thread. This MOD should cost you between ₹25,000-30,000.

PS: Leave the fog lamps as is if your car has them.
Old 1st September 2020, 13:30   #11855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshm619 View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply. I would like to keep things simple with minimal additional components. Hence I feel 35W would be the way to go. How would you rate the throw of stock halogen 55w fogs to 35W HID projectors? Since I'm upgrading anyway would 35W HIDs be sort of a compromise?
Please see the throw of the fog lamps in the bumper of SX4 from position similar to that of Figo. Also, please refer to the two pics where I have marked the screw which can be used to aim your fog projector either higher or lower as per your requirement - Pic credits - BHP-ians - chiranjitp & audioholic

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-3679ef6e5ca44fa4a9eefdd839c6f7a9.jpeg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-final-fitting_li.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-l-n-key-adjustment_li.jpg

35w HIDs will not be as intense as 55w HID kit; but will have far higher brightness than halogen bulbs. Also, they will have better life span than 55w HID kits. So, in the end; the trade-off is with respect to life vs. performance. You can take a call accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrules View Post
I have an extended warranty on the car, hence will opening up the headlamps and upgrading to projector headlamps void the warranty. Also will this required rewiring/splicing of wires or are there adapters that can be fitted to make the projectors work?

If this whole setup will cost 55 to 60K is it better to get the Limited Plus headlamps from Jeep itself which come with a projector setup. The only issue in that case is that it comes with a single bulb and DRL strip. Which might mean rewiring as well.

I don't to go all out on the cash yet I am keen to have an upgrade which will work on a long term. Upgrading the bulbs are definitely the easiest option since if it doesn't work I can always replace then with new bulbs.
Since you have extended warranty; opening up headlamps will void electrical warranty. And, since you do not want to spend a higher amount; I will suggest you to upgrade your stock headlamp bulbs to Philips Xtreme Vision G-Force as well as explore the route of 3" bi-xenon fog lamp with HID kit for best value for money lighting performance combination.
P.S - The Jeep branded OE projector lights will be nowhere as bright as the after market options (in spite of their high price). SO, please avoid that route. Also, the wiring to the headlamp will remain the same. It is only the wiring inside the headlamp that will vary for the projector vs. non projector variants.
Surya-TJet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 12:18   #11856
BHPian

Quote:
So, in the end; the trade-off is with respect to life vs. performance. You can take a call accordingly.
Thanks man .I might continue to pester you when I get the parts in hand.
Old 2nd September 2020, 14:15   #11857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshm619 View Post
Thanks man .I might continue to pester you when I get the parts in hand.
Happy to help anytime. 😃
Surya-TJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:54   #11858
BHPian

Hi BHP-ians,

Today as I was scrolling my youtube feed, there was a video about a Tigor owner sharing his experience of a brand new BS6 Tigor. It was around 2 months old and the owner was happy with the car but facing some issue on the Warranty.

The story of the owner remains in the video of which I'm sharing the link . The complicacy about the service issue starts from around 5:30. He says that he replaced his halogen bulbs with LED bulbs and then the A.S.S manager denies him the replacement of the defective part and asks him to pay for it.

I have read somewhere about Headlight tampering being illegal and deprive you of the warranty.

Watch the video and please share your thoughts on the owner being right or wrong in this case.
Old 3rd September 2020, 13:38   #11859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
Hi BHP-ians,

Today as I was scrolling my Youtube feed,...

I have read somewhere about Headlight tampering being illegal and deprive you of the warranty.

Watch the video and please share your thoughts on the owner being right or wrong in this case.
Legally speaking; any modification on the vehicle is against the law and cops can fine the driver for the modification.

But technically (from an engineering perspective); I can tell you that the vehicle in question is with a CANbus wiring system. And so, when this gentleman fitted LED bulbs; he would not have used a CANbus canceller. Because of which; the error would have been triggered.

And, since he was using the same bulbs; the BCM would have misread that the lights are drawing too much power or have a potential for short circuit. And hence; to avoid fire risk; the BCM would have decided to shut off ignition. One has to revert to stock bulbs and then disconnect and reconnect the battery for solving this issue.

The same kind of issue will be faced in VW / Skoda / FCA vehicles as well.

So, the car owner is at fault here. And the service centre were right to ask the customer to revert the modification to stock and come back later.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Old 3rd September 2020, 14:44   #11860
BHPian

Quote:
But technically (from an engineering perspective); I can tell you that the vehicle in question is with a CANbus wiring system. And so, when this gentleman fitted LED bulbs; he would not have used a CANbus canceller. Because of which; the error would have been triggered.

And, since he was using the same bulbs; the BCM would have misread that the lights are drawing too much power or have a potential for short circuit. And hence; to avoid fire risk; the BCM would have decided to shut off ignition. One has to revert to stock bulbs and then disconnect and reconnect the battery for solving this issue.

The same kind of issue will be faced in VW / Skoda / FCA vehicles as well.

So, the car owner is at fault here. And the service centre were right to ask the customer to revert the modification to stock and come back later.
Thanx for a detailed explanation on the matter. Would you throw some light on the warranty issue?
Old 3rd September 2020, 15:06   #11861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
Thanx for a detailed explanation on the matter. Would you throw some light on the warranty issue?
So long as wires are not spliced or the current/wattage rating of after-market items are same or below stock OE ratings; then it should not become an issue.

The moment wattage / current ratings are higher and any relays taken from battery; companies will deny warranty for battery, BCM and in some cases; entire electrical system.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Surya-TJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 10:12   #11862
Senior - BHPian

I have been planning to change my stock headlight bulbs of my Tata Tigor XZA to Phillips Xtreme vision bulbs.

Today, I have checked with one shop who advise that Tungsram Megalight Ultra +150 is better than Phillips xtreme vision.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20200903wa0015.jpg

Found some details/review about the bulb:

Any suggestions?
Old 4th September 2020, 11:10   #11863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I have been planning to change my stock headlight bulbs of my Tata Tigor XZA to Phillips Xtreme vision bulbs.

Today, I have checked with one shop who advise that Tungsram Megalight Ultra +150 is better than Phillips xtreme vision.

Found some details/review about the bulb:

https://Youtu.be/JGYHCiA7B08

Any suggestions?
Pls take only Philips. Go for latest Philips Xtreme Vision G-Force bulbs. This seems to be an unknown brand. Not heard of it.

Or if you have the budget; go for Tigor's headlamps in your Tiago. It should cost around 9k. Its a direct fit.

See the thread below for reference:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ata-tiago.html (Installed: Tigor projector headlamps on the Tata Tiago!)
Surya-TJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 11:38   #11864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post

Any suggestions?
Yep, Dont waste your money. It has the same light output (as per data sheet) as a normal halogen bulb which would cost ~100 INR.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 12:36   #11865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pls take only Philips. Go for latest Philips Xtreme Vision G-Force bulbs. This seems to be an unknown brand. Not heard of it.

Or if you have the budget; go for Tigor's headlamps in your Tiago. It should cost around 9k. Its a direct fit.
Ok, will check on Phillips (of course my preference is Philips only). The one shown in my last post was from GE (General Electric) and some review says better than Phillips.

I have Tata Tigor and not Tata Tiago

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks