Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 20:47   #1936
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations buddy!

Can you give the price paid with the breakup for the GT TSI?

Anurag.
Invoice Price - 783,989
Registration & handling - 6900
Insurance (Self) - ~20,000 (with 0 dep)
Accessories - 4500 (didn't inquire what's included)

Total ~815000

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
Which dealership are you taking delivery from? Also what color? Please post pictures if it is carbon steel as I am very interested to see how the black ORVMs and spoiler look on it.
Here goes: Photo
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20140901wa0008.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20140901wa0009.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20140901wa0010.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20140901wa0011.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20140901wa0012.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20140901wa0013.jpg  

avi_hi_im is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 21:36   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi_hi_im View Post
Invoice Price - 783,989

Total ~815000

Congrats avi_hi_im on the new car and thanks for posting the photos. The black ORVMs and spoiler blends in nicely with the carbon steel.
Old 1st September 2014, 22:06   #1938
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride.

I have a couple of questions

1. The door pads/cards, are they completely black or is the middle portion still beige.

2. Which is the registering state/RTO? 6990/- is an absurdly low amount for LTT on a car with ex showroom of nearly 8 lakhs, unless I am missing something.

Quote:
Invoice Price - 783,989

Total ~815000

Old 1st September 2014, 22:27   #1939
BHPian

Totally agree with khoj, The on road price of the GTs are around 9,19,000 on road. I have booked my Polo GD TDI and I am quoted ~9,20,000 on road and 75,000 is the registration cost in Goa.

Please can you post some day time pictures of your GT and some interior shots.

Last edited by anshurao : 1st September 2014 at 22:30. Reason: Minor corrections
Old 2nd September 2014, 01:55   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post

Totally agree with khoj, The on road price of the GTs are around 9,19,000 on road. I have booked my Polo GD TDI and I am quoted ~9,20,000 on road and 75,000 is the registration cost in Goa.

Please can you post some day time pictures of your GT and some interior shots.
The 6,900 includes only the temporary registration.

As for the other questions, photos, I haven't picked up the car yet so wouldn't know. These photos were sent by an enthusiastic SA on Whatsapp!! Will ask him to send more photos tomorrow.

The dealer is in Ahmednagar, Maharashtra. Don't know the registration charges since he isn't getting this done.
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:59   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good to see HSRP in the list but 2K for it seems steep? Is that pricing correct?

What are the choices for the accessories in the first place? Only then can we suggest!

Congrats once again.

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag, current accesories list includes 3D mats, horn and tyre upgrade. All has been tied up and will be done over the weekend. The other stuff includes RCD510 and OEM armrest from Aliexpress as crskumar suggested or look to buy RCD510 from a jetta owner looking to upgrade.

I am also thinking about going for black vinyl roof and painting the alloys black. I think all this will go well with the black accents (ORVMs and spoiler).

not sure about performance mods yet, but am tempted to go for Pete's remap. Am also looking to do some VCDS tweaks, but am not sure how these affect the warranty. Will order a Hex-Can cable for this.

oh, i forgot to mention, I am also planning to buy the extended warranty once it is made available. currently the dealers are not offering it on GT TSI, as it has not been officially launched. the one on the website is for the old GT TSI.

Quote:
The GT TSI comes pretty loaded IMO. The ones I was thinking of getting from the dealership were the full matt pvc, rubber mats and maybe an extra horn. The rest like armrests, RCD510, reverse camera, etc. - you are better off buying from aliexpress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
Congratulations latittalwar! Happy for you!

Or is it more appropriate to congratulate your spouse?
Thanks bro!!! my spouse is definitely happy, but I was not talking about my spouse, rather one I had mentioned in one of previous posts. I was talking about the wife of the guy who was first in line for the delivery of a Red GT TSI. his wife convinced him to go for the Vento TSI. I was next in line for the Red, so got this one.
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:54   #1942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Thanks Anurag, current accesories list includes 3D mats, horn and tyre upgrade. All has been tied up and will be done over the weekend. The other stuff includes RCD510 and OEM armrest from Aliexpress as crskumar suggested or look to buy RCD510 from a jetta owner looking to upgrade.

I am also thinking about going for black vinyl roof and painting the alloys black. I think all this will go well with the black accents (ORVMs and spoiler).

not sure about performance mods yet, but am tempted to go for Pete's remap. Am also looking to do some VCDS tweaks, but am not sure how these affect the warranty. Will order a Hex-Can cable for this.

oh, i forgot to mention, I am also planning to buy the extended warranty once it is made available. currently the dealers are not offering it on GT TSI, as it has not been officially launched. the one on the website is for the old GT TSI.

Thanks bro!!! my spouse is definitely happy, but I was not talking about my spouse, rather one I had mentioned in one of previous posts. I was talking about the wife of the guy who was first in line for the delivery of a Red GT TSI. his wife convinced him to go for the Vento TSI. I was next in line for the Red, so got this one.
Lalittalwar, did your dealer offer you the 3D mats? Not on the list of accessories offered by my dealer. Please post pics once you get it done. Also let me know what horn you got from the dealer. For the tire upgrade, did your dealership take the stock types for a price?

I was also thinking of painting the roof black. Not sure if the alloys can be painted. Will do it as well if possible. Let me know what you find out. This will make the car look like the one modified by Petes. See this link:
http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/volksw...paddle-shifts/
I was actually thinking of having a sticker on the roof and then painting it so it can be removed in the future.
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:56   #1943
BHPian

Quote:
The other stuff includes RCD510 and OEM armrest from Aliexpress as crskumar suggested or look to buy RCD510 from a jetta owner looking to upgrade.
Hi lalittalwar,

Congratulations once again

Does getting RCD510 void warranty or cause any such issues? Does navigation/steering controls etc work on that? What is the best place to buy it from and for how much?

Thanks.
Old 2nd September 2014, 13:24   #1944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was also thinking of painting the roof black. Not sure if the alloys can be painted. Will do it as well if possible.

I was actually thinking of having a sticker on the roof and then painting it so it can be removed in the future.
Hi,

Alloys can be painted, yes. Powder coated too, matt finish. Anything is possible, just find a good paint shop.

Why put a sticker on roof and then paint it? It's not as efficient as just wrapping the car roof with either a glossy or matt finish film (your choice). Same result. This can be done in any 3M car care shop or a skilled sticker installation shop.

Quote:
Invoice Price - 783,989

Total ~815000

Thanks for the pricing but more so for the pictures. I've seen the 2014 Polo wearing the Carbon Steel paint already. The TSI version just makes it look more HOT. Black mirrors and rear spoiler suit this one more than it may the Red or White, IMO. Appreciate if more pictures can be shared, thanks again.

Last edited by k_ajay : 2nd September 2014 at 13:26. Reason: Adding a response to another post
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 13:45   #1945
Team-BHP Support

Looks like VW has replaced the cigarette lighter in the 12V receptacle with the cover.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 13:57   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Anurag, current accesories list includes 3D mats, horn and tyre upgrade. ...

...Am also looking to do some VCDS tweaks, but am not sure how these affect the warranty. Will order a Hex-Can cable for this.

Lalit, pls post a pic of the 3D mats when you get them. The one I got (free) are thin plactic ones, which keep sliding ahead with the foot.

PM me if you dont mind ordering Hex Can cable for me as well, we can save on shipping. I was looking at this one - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...897304316.html

Or, if you dont mind sharing yours just once for some tweaks.

I could see the extended warranty on the new GT price sheet, and my dealer didnt tell me that I cant avail it right away.

Last edited by amanomics : 2nd September 2014 at 14:08.
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:10   #1947
BHPian

Mod Note: Please use "multi-quote' option rather than posting back to back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hi,

Alloys can be painted, yes. Powder coated too, matt finish. Anything is possible, just find a good paint shop.

Why put a sticker on roof and then paint it? It's not as efficient as just wrapping the car roof with either a glossy or matt finish film (your choice). Same result. This can be done in any 3M car care shop or a skilled sticker installation shop.

Thanks for the pricing but more so for the pictures. I've seen the 2014 Polo wearing the Carbon Steel paint already. The TSI version just makes it look more HOT. Black mirrors and rear spoiler suit this one more than it may the Red or White, IMO. Appreciate if more pictures can be shared, thanks again.
k_ajay, thanks for the suggestion about the putting a film on the roof. Still waiting for my car - first in line for a red. Hoping to get it in a couple of weeks time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi lalittalwar,

Does getting RCD510 void warranty or cause any such issues? Does navigation/steering controls etc work on that? What is the best place to buy it from and for how much?

Thanks.
As far as I know, replacing the audio system should not affect your warranty especially if you are replacing it with VW parts. I am planning on ordering the RCD510 Delphi instead of the European one since it is cheaper and has USB connectivity to directly connect an IPOD. I also don't plan on installing the super bluetooth so I will not miss the phone dial functionality. Aliexpress seems to be best place to find it and its parts. Just make sure you find a good supplier. PM me if you need to know what parts to buy.

Last edited by noopster : 2nd September 2014 at 15:12.
crskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:51   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Looks like VW has replaced the cigarette lighter in the 12V receptacle with the cover.
And no ash tray either. I use it in my car as a trash receptacle
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:06   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
Lalittalwar, did your dealer offer you the 3D mats? Not on the list of accessories offered by my dealer. Please post pics once you get it done. Also let me know what horn you got from the dealer. For the tire upgrade, did your dealership take the stock types for a price?

I was also thinking of painting the roof black. Not sure if the alloys can be painted. Will do it as well if possible. Let me know what you find out. This will make the car look like the one modified by Petes. See this link:
http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/volksw...paddle-shifts/
Nope. the dealer does not offer 3D mats. i am thinking of getting these http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...or_mats_88.htm
just have to confirm that these mats have a dead pedal provision/cutout

Getting the tyres changed at an Apollo outlet. the originals are Apollo and getting Vredestein Sportrac5, which are also an Apollo brand. Old tyres go for 3200 and new ones in for 5800. total hit 10400

Alloys can be painted, no sweat at all, and the pic of Petes' car gives another upgrade; chicken mesh grill should do all these to make the car look really good

And you should get a good vinyl for the roof. 3M can do it but expensive. you can find numerous outlets doing this job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi lalittalwar,

Thanks.
Not 100% sure, but it should'nt void the warranty. it VW original part afterall

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Lalit, pls post a pic of the 3D mats when you get them. The one I got (free) are thin plactic ones, which keep sliding ahead with the foot.

PM me if you dont mind ordering Hex Can cable for me as well, we can save on shipping. I was looking at this one - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...897304316.html

Or, if you dont mind sharing yours just once for some tweaks.

I could see the extended warranty on the new GT price sheet, and my dealer didnt tell me that I cant avail it right away.
dude, you are lucky that your dealer gave you something free. mine might start charging me for the calls they are making to me. The mats I am thinking of getting are these http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...or_mats_88.htm They have their outlet near Kirti Nagar metro station. if you are in West Delhi, it should be close for you. why dont you check the mats out for both of us

And i dont mind ordering the cable together or sharing for that matter. I want to keep the cable to reverse the changes done before taking the car to workshop for anything. the changes i plan to do would be visible to the guys there and they may start with the 'warranty void' rant. Will pm and connect
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:18   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Nope. the dealer does not offer 3D mats. i am thinking of getting these http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...or_mats_88.htm
just have to confirm that these mats have a dead pedal provision/cutout

Getting the tyres changed at an Apollo outlet. the originals are Apollo and getting Vredestein Sportrac5, which are also an Apollo brand. Old tyres go for 3200 and new ones in for 5800. total hit 10400

Alloys can be painted, no sweat at all, and the pic of Petes' car gives another upgrade; chicken mesh grill should do all these to make the car look really good

And you should get a good vinyl for the roof. 3M can do it but expensive. you can find numerous outlets doing this job.
The mats look good. Please let me know if it comes with a dead pedal cutout and also the quality of the mats once you had a chance to check it out.

I was wondering if anyone found a way of replacing the dead pedal with a SS pedal to match the accelerator and brake pedal. I asked a few guys on Aliexpress and all of them only had matching dead pedals for LHD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks