Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2016, 17:44   #2881
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
You very much need a Nexa vehicle to access this information. But, the 'Maintenance Cost program' shows "Coming soon..." for me on the Nexa app as well on the website.
Maintenance cost program for S cross and Baleno will be available by 15 th January.Manager of my MASS mailed Maruti Suzuki and confirmed it today.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 20:38   #2882
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Congratulations.

Good choice on alloys. Stock is always the most reliable.
Check with your insurance guy, if it can be covered now as an add on accessory.

How much did the Goodyears cost ? and the buy back value of stock Jktyre ?
The Goodyear costed 6,000 per tyre & the buy back offered was 4,000 per tyre. Net amount paid for the tyres was 8,000.

I am amazed how the buy back value differs from dealer to dealer. 4,000 was the best price quoted and 500 was the least. But most of them were quoting in the 2500 range.
Old 6th January 2016, 21:08   #2883
Senior - BHPian

Another 20 odd hours to go, for my S-cross Delivery. Insomnia alert !
Mi10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 21:19   #2884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Torqueman, similarity is there with the name as well! I went for pearl white . Rear spoiler and illuminated sill guards were the addins got on day1. I think we have to pen down the ownership reports soon.

Sure Vik0728, my work schedule is preventing an immediate report.
Uploading rear snap ( I love that spoiler) and close up of wheel .
]
Congrats on the new purchase! The 1.6s are increasing in number. I think you picked the right angle for the pic. The alloys look good too.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 22:55   #2885
mxh
BHPian

The S-Cross is an amazing quality car, had a look at it few months ago when it had just been launched and had no discounts and long delivery time. But since I needed a vehicle really quickly, I went with a Honda City. The biggest weakness of the S-Cross is it's looks, which seem to be a generation older than other cars recently launched. The 1st generation Baleno faced similar issues with its dated looks, but the quality was so amazing that people are still running them on the roads and selling off my old Baleno was a breeze too, posted it on quikr and it was gone in a couple of weeks!
Old 7th January 2016, 06:24   #2886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Another 20 odd hours to go, for my S-cross Delivery. Insomnia alert !

Congratulations and all the best for the big day. Are you still counting hours? Its going to be a great feeling.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 12:09   #2887
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Not really,
Maruti, post robust sales in Dec 2015.
SCross sales in December is 2000. Going down gradually, even with the super offers in December. Time to bring the international Vitara, IMO.
Old 7th January 2016, 12:13   #2888
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
SCross sales in December is 2000. Going down gradually, even with the super offers in December. Time to bring the international Vitara, IMO.
It is not the product it is the reach to the masses. Maruti has learnt from this, the upcoming Compact UV will reflect the correction, it could even be sold at both the 'Premium' Nexa and existing dealers too.
Old 7th January 2016, 15:16   #2889

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Not a complete analysis of the situation I would say. The December discounts were meant to clear the stocks with the dealership which had accumulated over the past 3-4 months. If we take the stock clearance into account along with the newly shipped numbers of 2000, then we are looking at a very encouraging figure for the S cross. As a matter of fact, in the past three weeks itself, I have noticed more and more of these cars on the Gurgaon roads.

Leave pricing aside, S cross has always attracted more eye catchers in the Nexa showroom than Baleno. When I was in the process of buying my S cross, I had seen a lot of people doing reverse calculations and actually ended up picking up this car over Baleno. Also, Baleno is having a waiting period of 3 months plus, whereas, this one is available in stock.

MOM basis, even Creta has gone down by 1800 odd units, and definitely some of the buyers were those who have been weaned towards Scross after it's pricing readjustment in December.

Don't know about the future of Scross, but damn it, December has been a smashing month for this babe. It has been happy shopping time in new year!!
Old 7th January 2016, 16:25   #2890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermeow View Post
Not a complete analysis of the situation I would say. The December discounts were meant to clear the stocks with the dealership which had accumulated over the past 3-4 months. If we take the stock clearance into account along with the newly shipped numbers of 2000, then we are looking at a very encouraging figure for the S cross. As a matter of fact, in the past three weeks itself, I have noticed more and more of these cars on the Gurgaon roads.

Leave pricing aside, S cross has always attracted more eye catchers in the Nexa showroom than Baleno. When I was in the process of buying my S cross, I had seen a lot of people doing reverse calculations and actually ended up picking up this car over Baleno. Also, Baleno is having a waiting period of 3 months plus, whereas, this one is available in stock.

MOM basis, even Creta has gone down by 1800 odd units, and definitely some of the buyers were those who have been weaned towards Scross after it's pricing readjustment in December.

Don't know about the future of Scross, but damn it, December has been a smashing month for this babe. It has been happy shopping time in new year!!
Point to consider: Chennai floods resulted in lower dispatches of Creta and other south based manufacturer models. If I was to choose between a Cross & Creta, i would pick Cross due to the risk of getting a flood affected lemon.

Give another 2 months to the southern manufacturers to get their numbers up again.
Old 7th January 2016, 17:19   #2891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti has learnt from this, the upcoming Compact UV will reflect the correction, it could even be sold at both the 'Premium' Nexa and existing dealers too.
Ideal recipe to kill NEXA !!
Maruti won't do that so soon.

I'm told, they plan to launch 2 cars/year via Nexa route for first 3 years.

Last edited by kpzen : 7th January 2016 at 17:20.
Old 7th January 2016, 18:39   #2892

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Ideal recipe to kill NEXA !!
Maruti won't do that so soon.

I'm told, they plan to launch 2 cars/year via Nexa route for first 3 years.
One thing that is going in favour of NEXA right now is, that is it is carrying a limited range of premium MISL products. Both they and MSIL would be better off, if they keep this strategy intact and don't start to inter-mingle the product showcase.
Old 7th January 2016, 18:43   #2893
Distinguished - BHPian

S cross discounts is 5.5 lakhs now. Really shocked!!!! 1.6 is a steal now
http://www.rushlane.com/maruti-s-cro...-12179236.html
Old 7th January 2016, 19:30   #2894
BHPian

If true, this is a loot. With this kind of offer, the cost of 1.6 alpha should be equal to that of 1.3 zeta. Who will buy 1.3 then.
Wish they come up with this offer in Bangalore, I was ready to buy 1.3 zeta at 11 lakh, and this will be dream come true

Girish
Old 7th January 2016, 20:16   #2895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
S cross discounts is 5.5 lakhs now. Really shocked!!!! 1.6 is a steal now
http://www.rushlane.com/maruti-s-cro...-12179236.html
Now the S-Cross 1.6 is cheaper than the 1.3 also. Crazy strategy by Maruti I must say. I am sure this is to clear the stocks. I also feel that the 1.6 variant might be sold almost like made-to-order, in future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks