Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2022, 13:35   #1291
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneLane View Post
Hey guys, need some advice. I got a pre-owned Superb MT in Feb this year. Do you think it is worth it spending 83K for EW for a manual Superb with 20K on the odo? I plan to keep it for atleast next 6 years.
Need to make a decision in the next 10 days.
TIA.
Without blinking an eye, my friend. Please go for it. This is a complex machine with a lot of electronics. While you have saved yourself from DSG woes, that does not guarantee you a peaceful ownership. 83K for 2 years will help you sleep well in the night
RJ2285 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 17:49   #1292
BHPian

My friend got a new superb sportline today. Read on the forum that the stock tyres are not so good. My friend is an enthusiastic driver and needs that extra grip on the corners. Please tell about a good tyre upgrade including tyre size.
Old 16th July 2022, 15:40   #1293
BHPian

So I finally received the car back after 15 days. The fender was changed and some denting and painting work was carried out on the door - looks like new now. Didn't get the complete bill of what all was done but appears to be in the range of Rs.66,000/-. I had to pay only Rs.2,600/- for insurance claim process.

Got the 1st servicing also done. Had to pay extra for sump tray bolts (Rs.553/-), wheel (nut) caps (Rs.218.99/-) and lubricant for the sunroof (Rs.1013.62/-). Sump tray bolts apparently are removed at the time of oil change and they don't fit back well while reinstalling. According to the SA, Skoda recommends installing new bolts. He even showed some service manual where the detailed explanation was given. Though I was not completely convinced, decided to go with it.

I didn't want to incur any expenditure on the lubricant but the sunroof was making squeaking noise whenever the car went over bumps / uneven roads. The SA informed that while the entire sunroof unit would be removed, cleaned and put back free of charge, it is recommended to use the lubricant so that there is no squeaking noise in future. The sunroof problem seems to have been solved now.

Overall, had a good experience with Skoda and didn't have to face any nightmares VW cars are generally associated with.
akshay81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 16:00   #1294

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
So I finally received the car back after 15 days.
Hi, could you share some photos of the affected panels and can you tell the difference between the orginal and repainted ones? Thanks.
Old 19th July 2022, 15:31   #1295
BHPian

Can't really distinguish but in bright sunlight, the fender seems to be brighter than the door. The door doesn't look repainted. The marks on the car are of mud since its raining here
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_5827.jpg  

akshay81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 23:37   #1296
BHPian

I am pleased to introduce the latest addition to my garage, MY22 Skoda Superb.

Having driven a XUV500 manual for the last seven years, it's going to take some adjustment driving this beauty! With all of 60KMS on the ODO, still getting used to the low seating position and the automatic transmission.

Have gotten full body STEK ShieldEffect PPF done.

Here's the customary pics. A beauty ain't she!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_6422.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_6423.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_6425.jpeg  

sumithb is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 23:40   #1297
BHPian

Congratulations on the buy ! Was it from JMD Skoda, Thane ? What was the waiting period ? And any discount offered ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
I am pleased to introduce the latest addition to my garage, MY22 Skoda Superb.

Having driven a XUV500 manual for the last seven years, it's going to take some adjustment driving this beauty! With all of 60KMS on the ODO, still getting used to the low seating position and the automatic transmission.

Have gotten full body STEK ShieldEffect PPF done.

Here's the customary pics. A beauty ain't she!
mikilbhatkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 00:07   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Congratulations on the buy ! Was it from JMD Skoda, Thane ? What was the waiting period ? And any discount offered ?
I had originally booked from JMD Thane, but their attitude put me off. I was basically told that if I pay the entire ex-showroom the car will magically appear or I'll have to wait 3 months. Till the booking was made they were quoting delivery in 3 weeks. I am still waiting for refund of the booking amount (I was told will be 3-4 days if I wish to cancel).

I finally ended up buying from Dr.Auto Technologies Pvt Ltd, Nerul. Came to know that they had Lava Blue in stock (the color I wanted) after a reference from a bhpian (Thanks @Jangra). Transferred a token amount and they sent me the VIN. Having been satisfied that the car was May 22 manufactured, I did a PDI and transferred rest of the amount.

With regards to discount, they matched my Insurance quotation and they threw in 4 year service package for free (not sure if this is currently available for all Skoda vehicles, I know this was being offered for Slavia and Kushaq sometime back).
sumithb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 17:00   #1299
BHPian

Now another issue has cropped up in the car - the hanging part just came off without anyone touching it. Looks like the servicing guys messed it up. This is on the passenger side footwell. Maruti, Hyundai and any premium car company would have gone bonkers if their people provided such servicing.

I did try to put it back but there is no socket / adhesive place to hold it. After multiple calls, Garve Skoda has agreed to send a technician to fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_5831.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_5832.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_5833.jpg  

akshay81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 18:34   #1300
BHPian

Members are there any offers running for the sportline in Bangalore ?

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 20th July 2022 at 18:42.
Old 20th July 2022, 18:48   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
I had originally booked from JMD Thane, but their attitude put me off. I was basically told that if I pay the entire ex-showroom the car will magically appear or I'll have to wait 3 months. Till the booking was made they were quoting delivery in 3 weeks. I am still waiting for refund of the booking amount (I was told will be 3-4 days if I wish to cancel).

I finally ended up buying from Dr.Auto Technologies Pvt Ltd, Nerul. Came to know that they had Lava Blue in stock (the color I wanted) after a reference from a bhpian (Thanks @Jangra). Transferred a token amount and they sent me the VIN. Having been satisfied that the car was May 22 manufactured, I did a PDI and transferred rest of the amount.

With regards to discount, they matched my Insurance quotation and they threw in 4 year service package for free (not sure if this is currently available for all Skoda vehicles, I know this was being offered for Slavia and Kushaq sometime back).
I had similar experience for Octavia. All I did was to drop a tweet to Zac and in 3 hrs got a call from dealer saying booking amt of 50K is good enough
neoonwheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 00:13   #1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrawalyash11 View Post
Hello, I don’t know if this is the right thread to post this on but my query is regarding voiding of my warranty due to getting my wheel alignment and balancing done outside of Skoda ASS.
Warranty is not void by such minor corrective adjustments. Only if there is a serious mod like upgrade of alloys beyond the permissible size, there are issues with warranty for the steering rack or something.

Last edited by ampere : 30th July 2022 at 06:38.
Old 30th July 2022, 00:19   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrawalyash11 View Post
My Skoda Superb Sportline went for its 1st service today. I have bought the Skoda Maintenance Pack but while dropping my car off for service, my SA told me that I’ll be charged extra for wheel alignment, balancing and sunroof cleaning.
How much are they charging you for this job? If not much and this is the only Skoda WS you have there, If I were in your place I would've taken the bullet and have gotten it from there only since car is new.

Try and see if there are any offers there on wheel alignment, I have seen free wheel alignment in VW, last alignment was done for free for my VW.

Regarding the warranty lapse that is pure non sense but VW/Skoda routing complaint resolution to dealerships only doesn't help much.
Old 1st August 2022, 12:13   #1304
BHPian

Hello all,

My 2019 purchased Skoda Superb did not start this morning. With jump start, it started but even after 1 hr of driving again, it is not starting.

Perhaps it needs a battery replacement.

I noticed that few people got their OEM battery replaced with 72Ah. My service advisor did not suggest this; so, I have still an OEM battery. I am planning to replace the battery myself from a local battery vendor who I know well.

The question is, will it void any warranty? Also, is it okay to replace it with 72Ah (any brand) or should I stick to 60 Ah? Thanks a lot for your quick advice.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 1st August 2022 at 17:38. Reason: Typos, spacing
Andy73 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st August 2022, 13:48   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy73 View Post

I also noticed that few got their OEM batter replaced with 72Ah. My service advisor did not suggest this and so I have still an OEM battery. I am planning to replace batter by myself from a local batter vendor who I know well,

The question is will it void any warranty? Also is it okay to replace it with 72Ah ( any brand ) or should i stick to 60 Ah ,
Thanks a lot for your quick advice,
As much as we hate it, fact is Skoda will void the warranty on many parts if you replace the battery from outside. So my suggestion is stick with OEM (even if expensive) until your car is on warranty.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks