Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2019, 22:31   #1621
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Pune dealer Sky Moto confirmed to me that Blue color has been discontinued from this year. Is it true? Can anyone please confirm?

Blue looks killer in Compass and I'm eyeing that.
Old 10th November 2019, 13:36   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
Pune dealer Sky Moto confirmed to me that Blue color has been discontinued from this year. Is it true? Can anyone please confirm?

Blue looks killer in Compass and I'm eyeing that.
I took delivery of the Sport Plus last week and while booking they confirmed that the blue colour has been discontinued.

It seems like the most liked colours are Exotic Red, Minimal Grey and Magnesio Grey.
Old 10th November 2019, 14:43   #1623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrules View Post
I took delivery of the Sport Plus last week and while booking they confirmed that the blue colour has been discontinued.

It seems like the most liked colours are Exotic Red, Minimal Grey and Magnesio Grey.
Congratulations! What are the deals/offers available on the Sport Plus? Would you mind sharing what you got.
Old 11th November 2019, 07:14   #1624
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep’s focus for 2020 will be to bring out the heavily updated Compass, Seven-seat Jeep Compass India launch pushed to 2021.

Quote:
The updated Compass is expected to get major sheet metal changes, a redone cabin and more equipment. In the run up to the upgraded Compass’ arrival, Jeep will introduce BS6 versions of the 2.0-litre diesel and 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engines, and will also introduce more diesel-automatic versions.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th November 2019 at 07:15.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 09:16   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Congratulations! What are the deals/offers available on the Sport Plus? Would you mind sharing what you got.
There was a discount of 50K on the Insurance (Zero Dep or otherwise). Also a cash discount of 25K and 25K worth of free accessories (Mats, anti-rust coating, teflon coating etc.). I also exchanged my older swift hence there was some more cost reduction based on the value of the car.
skrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 10:23   #1626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Jeep’s focus for 2020 will be to bring out the heavily updated Compass, Seven-seat Jeep Compass India launch pushed to 2021.
  • More Diesel automatics - A welcome thing I'm sure. About 2 years late, but still...Good
  • Sheet metal changes - The one thing that they got spot on from day one. I hope they don't change these. Not just yet at least...

No surprise that the rumored 7 seater isn't coming just yet. It is bound to fail unless they rejig the pricing bottom up. It won't be properly be able to fight with the Fortuner-Endeavour otherwise in the big boys' group.
Old 12th November 2019, 17:50   #1627
BHPian

The weirdest thing happened in my car, which could be a potentially huge issue. This incident has happened twice so far, and around 10 months apart, while driving vigorously. The first time, I was in third gear, floored the accelerator, and the power was generated by the engine and the engine revved very quickly, while no power was reaching the wheels, as if the clutch had been depressed and the acceleration was given. I managed to drive it under low rpms and took it to my place, after which the issue disappeared when I turned it on again.

The second incident was yesterday. I was doing around 120 kmph and fully depressed the accelerator, when i noticed the vehicle speed wasn't increasing, but the engine sound got really loud and the RPM was at 4000, but no increase in speed, the same behavior as if the clutch was pressed. It happened once more, after which it didn't happen again. Could anyone explain this? It's just come out of a service recently, although this issue had cropped up long before as well.
hrk997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 18:06   #1628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
Could anyone explain this? It's just come out of a service recently, although this issue had cropped up long before as well.
RPMs increasing without a proportionate increase in speeds is an indication towards the transmission system, more precisely the clutch and the drive shaft and nothing else. You will need to start from there.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 10:03   #1629
Senior - BHPian

India's iconic All Rounder Kapil Dev buys the Jeep Compass:

vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 14:24   #1630

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
I was in third gear, floored the accelerator, and the power was generated by the engine and the engine revved very quickly, while no power was reaching the wheels, as if the clutch had been depressed and the acceleration was given.
Most likely, this is a symptom of clutch slippage under heavy load (read heavy acceleration) condition.
You can do a prelim clutch braking effectiveness test yourself before heading to a workshop - gradually depress the brakes while in 1st or 2nd gear to assess effectiveness of clutch holding back on engine rpm. If the friction plate is worn out, it will be less effective in braking the engine (and the clutch pedal will also become a bit hard). You may have to run a comparison with a newer vehicle if you haven't experienced this before on your car.

Other reason for such a behaviour could be inadvertent slippage of gear selector forks to neutral position. It would be a less probable reason though and you would anyway come to know by seeing the gear position.

I will rule out other possible failures (of gears/ drive shaft etc.) as these are all positive drives (which don't allow slippage). If there was any damage in this area, the car will not return to normal state on its own, like what is happening in your case. Keep us posted once you find out the root cause.
Kols is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 19:58   #1631
Distinguished - BHPian

Compass, 1.5L off.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20191119wa0027__01.jpg
Old 19th November 2019, 21:50   #1632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Link
Sheet metal changes? What does this mean?
They will cheapen it or something else entirely?
Old 21st November 2019, 14:13   #1633
h14
BHPian

Completed the 60,000 kms service on Nov 2nd which also marks the completion of the 2 year ownership!

As always the compass has been munching miles without a fuss.

Did the service at True Sai in Salem (as usual) and the workmanship continues to be topnotch.

Total bill was Rs. 12,856/- (without alignment & waterwash)

Couple of days before the service, the battery gave up. Lucky me, it happened at home and hence no troubles. Replaced with Amaron (pro) DIN 74.

So after 2 years and 60,000 kms, below is how the compass has fared:
  1. Tyres - Stock
  2. Brake pads & Rotors - Stock
  3. Battery - Replaced after 1yr & 11months of usage with odo at 59k
  4. Clutch - Replaced under warranty when odo was 20k

Recently faced a minor issue with the fuel flap door that was acting in-consistent where it refused to open occasionally. This was replaced under warranty at the 60k service.

Front brake pads would need replacement in the next 3-5k kms.
Tyres looking good for another 10k at least. Just that they are getting a bit noisy than usual.

Tyres at the time of service:
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20191102_114354.jpg

After the service:
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20191102_161722.jpg

Service Bill:
Jeep Compass : Official Review-compass-60k-service_1.jpg

Few days later, a quick blast to Valparai for tea
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20191109_154727_1.jpg
h14 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 14:41   #1634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Total bill was Rs. 12,856/- (without alignment & waterwash)
That for a 60k Kms service. Most of the Maruti owners (me included) will go into a mind-palace for few minutes after seeing this number.

Well done Jeep.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 18:24   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Compass, 1.5L off.

Late October, they have offered me the same 1.5 L discount on vehicle price and an additional 50K off on insurance. I'm waiting to see if the discount increases during Nov/Dec however it seems unlikely now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks