Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2020, 16:26   #1081
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankrt View Post
Finally finalized and booked harrier xza+ dark or camo edition. Not yet finalized between the two.
Congrats

1. Definitely opt for EW.
2. Car should not have severe play in brakes, my car doesn't, check your car during PDI.
3. Not worth it, the registration itself will have make/model which will be Nov 2020.
4. Get 3d or 7d mats, either from showroom or online. Consider a dashcam as well.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 19:37   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
Congratulations.
EW - Definitely.
Brakes/brake pedal on my car are perfectly fine.
I only took the mudflaps from the dealer. Still need to finalize good quality mats.
Mud flaps and mats are being offered free with some discounts. I happen to think that discount of 1.2 lakhs is probably a good deal considering the demand for harrier.

I am more interested in bonnet guards zto avoid dents and scratches from those pesky 2 and 3 wheelers trying to cut in traffic.

Btw have anyone installed sidesteps on harrier? Not sure if those are necessarily.
Old 22nd November 2020, 17:49   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkathy23 View Post
Brilliant news, Congratulations! I also "Finally' got to see my car in real. It felt good . I did the PDI & found couple of niggles:

1. Speedo binnacle is not properly attached:

2. Door has some sort of white color pasting coming off. Not a biggie but did make me notice it anyways.

Experts kindly share your observations/suggestions if the Binnacle can be fixed. I am scheduled to take delivery on Sunday.
My happiness did not last long. After numerous follow ups with the dealer, they finally agreed to deliver it today, Along with my super excited wife and daughter , we reached the showroom, only to see that the new car has a dent on the boot. Dealer told me they will send it back to Gurgaon and repair and send it back.

Both my parents are in the hospital due to covid and i am constantly running between hospitals and now this. I refused to take delivery and have asked for full refund. I am also planning to take legal action for the mental trouble this pathetic Arya Motors Tata, Daryaganj, Delhi's SA and management team Rahul chaudhary, Jitender jain, Sumit and Sushil have caused. I would appreciate if anyone can provide any pointers.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-img_20201122_151829.jpg  

adamkathy23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 19:13   #1084

Quote:
1. Speedo binnacle is not properly attached:
Sorry to know what happened to you.
Also don't you think 90km on ODO is little too much on new car?
Old 24th November 2020, 15:06   #1085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushikroy1989 View Post
Its not really much. Considering how far away the dealers nearest yard is from the showroom. Some running also happens at the factory. If they have not fiddled with the odo/counter - such a running is OK.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 23:45   #1086

As on the verge of taking delivery. I'm in need of some guidance on the below -

Which insurance to choose. Dealer brought down insurance price from 111767 to 70k during negotiations. So I am sure there would be some misses. So want to validate before taking from dealer.

In terms of accessories, did anyone install their front parking sensors? Any leads there?

Thanks for your help in advance!!
Old 25th November 2020, 00:54   #1087
BHPian

Quote:

Which insurance to choose. Dealer brought down insurance price from 111767 to 70k during negotiations. So I am sure there would be some misses. So want to validate before taking from dealer.

In terms of accessories, did anyone install their front parking sensors? Any leads there?

Thanks for your help in advance!!
Which variant is this ?

I got my insurance externally from HDFC ergo at 55k. Zero DEP + consumables+ RSA. The showroom will always sell at a premium.
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 05:16   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
!
1. Front Parking Sensors : In my opinion, not much needed and you will get used to this as you can see the bonnet clearly from the driver seat . Some owners reported that the one with dealerships are giving false warnings , may be due to false fitment

2. Insurance : I paid 65k for XZA+ and took this from dealership to avail the option of cashless with all Tata service centres pan India

PS: One dedicated thread is available for Tata Harrier 2020 automatic
greyhound82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 08:54   #1089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Which variant is this ?
Diesel manual xz. Can I purchase 1 yr insurance + mandatory 3 yrs third party insurance both from outside?
Is there any thread that explains in detail. Sorry a newbie.
Old 25th November 2020, 10:21   #1090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Diesel manual xz. Can I purchase 1 yr insurance + mandatory 3 yrs third party insurance both from outside?
Yes - you can purchase insurance altogether from outside. Generally its a simple trick - get the quote for the package (1+3) from outside & then negotiate with the dealer to match that quote. More often than not - they oblige to match. If not - you can very much get the insurance from outside.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 19:36   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to know what happened to you.
The details are below:
Car tested around the factory & dispatched-- 7kms.
Unloading at stockyard - 3kms.

Distance between dealer stockyard & showroom - 40kms.

The morons at Arya motors Daryaganj brought the car to the showroom as soon as it arrived, then took it back to the yard, all without my knowledge. Hence the 90kms. I am happy i refused to take delivery.
adamkathy23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 19:41   #1092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The morons at Arya motors Daryaganj brought the car to the showroom as soon as it arrived, then took it back to the yard, all without my knowledge. Hence the 90kms. I am happy i refused to take delivery.
First of all - I hope your parents are getting better by the day. Nothing else matters till they are back to normalcy really.

Then - the moment I saw your post about the dent on hatch - I had a deja vu about telling you to be really sure about going ahead with the purchase! Anyway - so what's the status? Are you going for a replacement car? Or that was the last straw and you have now made up your mind to cancel it altogether & will get a refund? How are they processing that?
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 21:10   #1093

I am actually interested to additional covers like engine cover, key protection and invoice cover. May be that's why it is higher. I could not see it coming around 55K anywhere online. But DIGIT is giving 100% ex-showroom IDV so may be would go with that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
I got my insurance externally from HDFC ergo at 55k. Zero DEP + consumables+ RSA. The showroom will always sell at a premium.
Today when I went for PDI in the TATA yard it was only 10km. I am worried whether they have tested on-road at all. Sales guy did not agree to let me drive as I only paid booking amount. :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Its not really much. Considering how far away the dealers nearest yard is from the showroom. Some running also happens at the factory. If they have not fiddled with the odo/counter - such a running is OK.
Old 25th November 2020, 21:49   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any thread that explains in detail. Sorry a newbie.
I bought mine from Acko. Dealer had brought down his quote and at the end the difference was only 2-3k. But the dealer insurance was from Future Generali, since I didn't have any prior experience with them decided to go with Acko. Had it been like HDFC ergo at that cost, would have definitely taken that.
You can take the entire insurance from outside, with any firm of your choice. If you are going with dealer, ask for the complete list of inclusions/exclusions. For eg, HDFC ergo allows unlimited zero dep claims, while other insurance providers have a cap of 2 times. So you'll need to take all these into account while deciding.

With respect to cashless claim settlement, I spoke to 3 insurance companies apart from the dealer and all of them confirmed that the claims will be cashless.
rags.singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 21:55   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest not to get it, its not integrated with the infotainment and just produces unnecessary noise as you would be able to judge the front dimensions pretty easily.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks