Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2020, 12:52   #1306

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Hi,

I got Seltos HTK+ petrol and the car is equipped with Kumho tyres. I read in few Seltos groups that the Goodyear tyres have few defects. I would like to know if I can continue with Kumho tyres or need to upgrade. I'm a sedate driver and happy with tyre as of now.
If you are satisfied with the tyres, I don't think there is any reason to upgrade. Plus, I've seen a lot of people upgrading the Goodyears, not the Kumhos.
v_square is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 18:17   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_square View Post
If you are satisfied with the tyres, I don't think there is any reason to upgrade. Plus, I've seen a lot of people upgrading the Goodyears, not the Kumhos.
Thanks for the reply, I'm ok with these Kumho tyres, no complaints. I maintain the tyre pressure at 33 and ride is also decent.

I was bit confused about the tyre bursts and it seems most of them are Goodyears.
Old 16th September 2020, 19:11   #1308
BHPian

Finally, I managed to get the damping done for my Seltos GTX Plus DCT. When the door pads were opened, noticed that the speakers had Bose stamped on them. The sound is much more tighter and bass has real thump now. However, the treble is still not great even at the highest setting.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 13:48   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Can I ask if anyone owning the Diesel AT Seltos has taken it to terrains such as Spiti, Ladakh, Sikkim and had no issues with ground clearance, tyre grip, etc? Or has been a passenger in the vehicle during such a trip?

Anyone who has, can i request you to share experiences/ feedback? Thanks!
Old 20th September 2020, 20:55   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Finally, I managed to get the damping done for my Seltos GTX Plus DCT. When the door pads were opened, noticed that the speakers had Bose stamped on them. The sound is much more tighter and bass has real thump now. However, the treble is still not great even at the highest setting.
How much did it cost you and what brand? And it's the difference that stark as in you can feel it?
Old 20th September 2020, 21:47   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
An update on this. The brake failure issue has resurfaced in the same car two days ago. Fortunately for him this time too, the car was doing 30-35 kmph and he could stop the car with the help of hand brake. Today the car is taken to service centre. During the test drive, the issue reared it's head again, fortunately. I say fortunate because it's difficult to recreate these kind of issues and guess there would be lack of any error codes too. Now the car is being evaluated by Kia. Shall keep all posted.

As discussed in other threads regarding inherent brake failure issue in many Cretas , prima facie this one also is heading in same direction. This is quite worrying for all Seltos owners, me included. Hope Kia comes out with a concrete solution unlike Hyundai.
Sorry to have missed giving an update here. Kia had changed the brake booster few weeks back on the car in question. Initially they swapped brake booster from seemingly their test car and asked the owner to drive it for few days. Owner did so for 600-700 kms without any issue. Post that, they replaced it with a new one under warranty and is working fine since then.

However there are two more similar cases reported. One is by a known acquaintance in Seltos whats app group. He had similar experience of feeling the pedal getting hard while braking and felt it wood like and reported the issue to NCS Kia in Thiruvananthapuram. Kia had carried out multiple tests and checks during which the issue never popped up. Car is handed over back yesterday after 5 days of testing and analysis. Owner has been told that they've followed the steps shared by Kia while carrying out the tests and found nothing unusual and handed back the car. They say everything is in order. Car was test driven in different driving conditions like b2b traffic, highways etc. Though the owner indicated about a similar concern(the aforesaid first case) reported at a different dealer(Incheon Motors, Aluva, Kerala)and even shared the contacts of the team who worked on that car to NCS, they were not keen to speak to them to gather more information which to me was bit unprofessional. Unlike earlier instance, this car had battery warning and low oil level warning popped up during the brake failure. As I was speaking to my friend, he shared another similar instance posted by a FB user.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200920204625_whatsapp.jpg

Please find my earlier updates on this issue for those who have missed it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4813886 (Kia Seltos : Official Review)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4861228 (Kia Seltos : Official Review)

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 20th September 2020 at 21:53.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 08:27   #1312
BHPian

Guys, I am facing a very strange peculiar problem with the ac.

I have a GT line with auto climate control.

Since yesterday, the ac keeps on going to fresh air mode, every 2 minutes. Inspite of me trying to get the ac off the auto mode, switching off and on the ac system and the car.

Reseted the settings from the headunit as well (it has settings for changing recirculation to fresh air, automatically).

But still it keeps on going to fresh air mode. It is highly disturbing and irritating while driving in Delhi as it suddenly reduces AC cooling and starts to suck in fumes from outside vehicles .

Any pointers?
Old 21st September 2020, 08:36   #1313
BHPian

Can you share what was the outcome after the second time your friend faced the issue? What did KIA people do to rectify the issue?
Old 21st September 2020, 11:14   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Since yesterday, the ac keeps on going to fresh air mode, every 2 minutes. Inspite of me trying to get the ac off the auto mode, switching off and on the ac system and the car.Reseted the settings from the headunit as well (it has settings for changing recirculation to fresh air, automatically).But still it keeps on going to fresh air mode. It is highly disturbing and irritating while driving in Delhi as it suddenly reduces AC cooling and starts to suck in fumes from outside vehicles
Any pointers?
There's a climate setting under the "vehicle" menu. Guess the outside temp was lower than what you were trying to set inside the cabin. Only in such scenario does this happen. You've to uncheck/disable the Automatic Ventilation. From your post, guess you've done it already. Try using AC without automatic control and see if it still happens.
Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20200921111009_whatsapp.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Can you share what was the outcome after the second time your friend faced the issue? What did KIA people do to rectify the issue?
After the second time he faced the issue, he took the car again to service centre and they investigated thoroughly and decided to change the brake booster as mentioned in my last post.(#1311)

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 21st September 2020 at 11:25.
Old 23rd September 2020, 03:08   #1315

This is my first post on Team-BHP. I have been following Team-BHP since 2012 and recently became a member.

I got a Kia Seltos HTK+ Petrol on 25th August 2020. I've completed 2500 KM till date. I am facing a strange issue of headlamps fogging up from day 1 itself. On contacting Kia Service, they said its a design fault and it remains this way. I was wondering if anyone else is facing similar issues with headlamps.Kia Seltos : Official Review-seltos-1.jpeg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-headlamp.jpeg
mttraveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 09:21   #1316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttraveler View Post
This is my first post on Team-BHP. I have been following Team-BHP since 2012 and recently became a member.

I got a Kia Seltos HTK+ Petrol on 25th August 2020. I've completed 2500 KM till date. I am facing a strange issue of headlamps fogging up from day 1 itself. On contacting Kia Service, they said its a design fault and it remains this way. I was wondering if anyone else is facing similar issues with headlamps.Attachment 2058235

Attachment 2058234
Even I have this observation on few days on my Seltos (used to happen on my previous car too) and this is considered normal.

This's fine as long as the fogging goes away a couple of hours after parking the car. It occurs due to moisture in the atmosphere and the cool atmospheric temperature. However if you see a lot of condensation of water which can impact the visibility or which stays even hours after you have parked the car, then the headlight needs to repaired/replaced.

See the fogging in my car which goes away on it's own and doesn't impact the visibility at all
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200530_193853.jpg

Last edited by ashis89 : 23rd September 2020 at 09:23.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 14:55   #1317
BHPian

Did anyone got OEM wireless charger installed?
I know its not very important but if the coupler is there it should be an easy install?
I have the IVT HTX .
Old 23rd September 2020, 15:08   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
With the June updates you get sunroof and pretty much all the features. You will miss 6 airbags and Bose audio but for less than 17L on road for the CVT, it's one of the most VFM AT options now.
I was looking to buy the HTX IVT variant, but it misses out on additional safety features like ESC, HAC, VSM along with already mentioned airbags. Though my running is usually within city, but we tend to use vehicles on the highway on a half-yearly basis for family outings. While that's the lone Seltos variant with CVT that Kia has thrown into the arena, its cousin Creta nails it with SX IVT but with a premium on the finance.

With increasing relevance with regards to the safety on Indian Roads, I'm in a deep conundrum as to carving out an additional hole in my wallet for the coveted safety features would reap benefits in the long run or can it be skipped to stick to my budget ?
Old 23rd September 2020, 16:03   #1319
BHPian

I recently bought a Kia Seltos GTX + DCT (2020 Model). So far the driving experience has been good.

I have upgraded from Maruti Baleno and naturally expected the Seltos to have better features than the Baleno in all aspects. Indeed the Seltos is much better than the Baleno on several counts and on several aspects. But there was one area, where I was missing the Baleno.

The Baleno had a feature wherein it was possible to open only the driver side door and if required, we can change the settings to open all doors, upon unlocking the car.

I do not know if am missing anything in the settings of the car as am unable activate such a setting in the Seltos.

Can anybody help me get this resolved, please.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th September 2020 at 17:35. Reason: Balaeno = Baleno. Please proof read before submitting your post. Thanks!
yogeshbala is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd September 2020, 16:14   #1320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
As I was speaking to my friend, he shared another similar instance posted by a FB user.

Attachment 2057380
I received this particular one on Whatsapp on a few groups today too. This behaviour looks strikingly similar to the well known ABS issue in Hyundai cars including the Creta (not yet reported in the new one). The vague resolution mentioned in recent times was that Hyundai/Kia have changed their ABS unit vendor & that has resolved the issue in new gen Creta, Seltos, Verna.

If this whatsapp forward doing rounds is anything to go buy, we sure need to keep eyes open for this for some more time to know if its a one-off OR the ABS issue persists.
This case also reinforced my faith in having manual hand-brake levers over electronic parking brakes!

Last edited by Reinhard : 23rd September 2020 at 16:15.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks