Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2021, 22:51   #1261
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Is the long wait time only for the CVT and higher variants?
Asking because, I had booked a base XE like 2 weeks back, and will be taking delivery in the next 2-3 days.
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 08:27   #1262

I took delivery of the Magnite XV CVT last week. The secret is to push the sales team very hard and threaten to cancel . I believe the local dealers have some freedom to do the allocation.
I used to drive a Honda City iVTec. Some feedback post 1 week of in city driving for those looking at the Magnite – a caveat that I am not a car expert/lover, more of a go from Pt A to Pt B with minimum fuss sort of a guy.
2) Good road presence/looks
3) Pretty smooth CVT
4) Great ground clearance.
5) No learning curve especially for the wife.
Dislikes
1) Am surprised at the amount of road noise . Concerned enough that I will spend the weekend trying to isolate the noise ( with my limited skills , its highly doubtful )
2) No driver armrest. ( Realised it only comes with the XV premium )

I think it’s a good deal for the money . Was not impressed with the sales experience , I hope the servicing goes well.
Nester is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 09:33   #1263
BHPian

Hello Nissan Magnite owners,

We are in the market for a driver driven budget car for elderly family members and I had shortlisted Magnite XE as key contender.

While the car was nice and quite value for money but when we checked it out in person, we found one very weird but genuine issue in it.

The rear doors that open in 3 steps are really hard and difficult to open for senior citizens. We checked multiple Magnites and all of them had the same issue. Sales person said since Nissan cars are solidly built and are safer than competitors, they are bound to have heavier doors.

Due to this aspect alone, the car was rejected despite being an excellent offering otherwise. The difference was especially visible since just 5 minutes ago we checked out TATA Punch that had easy opening 90 degrees doors.

So, I’d like to know from actual owners if this rear door being heavy and difficult to open and close is something that they also experience in their ownership.
sarav100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 10:33   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
So, I’d like to know from actual owners if this rear door being heavy and difficult to open and close is something that they also experience in their ownership.
I had not checked the Magnite but extensively checked Kicks. I can confirm the doors had very good heft to it and had to put in decent effort to open. But I guess it should become normal after regular usage
arunramaswamy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 09:50   #1265
BHPian

I think 3 step door opening in Magnite is a feature which is also found in some other cars. It's not an issue actually. Moreover doors in Magnite are not as heavy as say a Kicks, it's fairly light.
Old 28th January 2022, 12:32   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Magnite has achieved 78,000 cumulative customer bookings in India (to December 2021).

Nissan Magnite Review-20220128_122933.jpg

Since launching, more than 42,000 Magnites have been produced in Chennai.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 28th January 2022 at 12:37.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 17:06   #1267
BHPian

I don't want to compromise on driveability in highways while overtaking and in hilly areas. Since Nissan Magnite CVT doesn't come with paddle shifters, Do I miss the convience of manual mode while overtaking ?
Old 9th February 2022, 17:03   #1268

When i took the test drive of CVT model, i felt the car is quite good in pickup and got faster in no time. In fact i was very impressed. Though i do not own one, i have encountered multiple Magnites on highways and all of them were very quick in overtaking and maneuvering. I thought it was difficult to catch them unless our car is very powerful. I feel some Magnite owners could share their real experience on how the car is performing on highways and hills.
Navz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 20:13   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navz View Post
I have encountered multiple Magnites on highways and all of them were very quick in overtaking and maneuvering. I thought it was difficult to catch them unless our car is very powerful. I feel some Magnite owners could share their real experience on how the car is performing on highways and hills.
Hi, I own a Magnite Turbo (manual) XL model since April 2021.
You can check out my ownership review below with respect to real world experience on highways.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ip-review.html (Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review)
Old 15th February 2022, 14:43   #1270
BHPian

Nissan Magnite scores 4 star in GNCAP

The Nissan Magnite scored four stars for adult and two for child occupant protection. The Magnite was tested in its most basic safety spec fitted with two front airbags and ABS. During the assessment the model showed a stable structure and marginal protection to the driver’s chest.

Video :
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot_20220215143846_1.png  

Last edited by Ponbaarathi : 15th February 2022 at 15:01.
Ponbaarathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 11:56   #1271

I own a Magnite CVT . I do feel a lag when overtaking on the highways - but this could be because my older car was a Honda CVT.
My opinion is that it is a better car for steady driving . I took a long highway drive recently and I felt the stress level much lesser if I drove at a very steady pace . Not sure if this answer helps.

A newbie question . My Magnite is due for first servicing. I called the service centre and they responded by saying that the technician will come home and take a look at the car. Nothing will be done unless something is found wrong.
I found this very strange. Is there some documentation which mentions what will be the servicing schedule and the corresponding activities.

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th February 2022 at 13:26. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Nester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 17:53   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nester View Post
My Magnite is due for first servicing. I called the service centre and they responded by...
Is it first check-up (2000 km/2 months) or first servicing (10,000km/1 year).

If it is first check-up there is nothing much to do (unless you have any specific issues) other than general check-up and washing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sany0023 View Post
Do I miss the convience of manual mode while overtaking ?
Overtaking is not much of an issue, there is lag but not to the extent to make overtaking difficult. Mine is Magnite CVT and I never faced issues while doing quick overtakes.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st February 2022 at 19:56. Reason: back to back posts merged
dudevarkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 10:41   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Akhil Raveendran for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
Hello,

While going through the variant details of the Magnite from the company website, came across the heading stating that tinted glass (front/rear/back) comes as standard across all variants. While other manufacturers keep it as a highlight feature in the landing page itself and market it, I could not find any reference with regards to tinting from any of the parties that have reviewed the vehicle so extensively.

Attached here is the image and the link to the same, it is seen on the variant comparison page. The Tinted glass option is seen under the external tab.

Is it actually tinted or is it some marketing term that the company has included in the list, or is it some recently updated feature?
Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot-20220308-3.06.23-pm.png
RahulNagaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 19:00   #1274

Nissan Magnite Turbo CVT - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience

Hello Friends… this is my first post in Team-BHP and I could not think of a better occasion than sharing my buying & initial ownership experience of a brand new Nissan Magnite Turbo CVT.

I have owned the car for 2.5 months now and, before going into the details, here is a quick list of my likes and dislikes about the car:

• Good Turbo engine and smooth CVT gearbox with no noticeable lag
  • High ground clearance
  • Excellent safety features (Brake Assist, TCS, ESP, Hill Start Assist) even for lower (Turbo) variants
  • Good range of features, considering the price range
  • Great legroom and decent-sized cabin
  • Good looks & great on-road presence
  • Fantastic price range
Dislikes
  • No auto-unlock system for the doors; old manual pull-up locking pins
  • Rear seat can be cramped with 3 well-built adults
  • Driver armrest is too short, to the point of being useless
  • Only 2 airbags
  • Rear antenna height non-adjustable

Buying Decision:

We are a family of 4 and owned a 2012 Honda Brio (SMT model), which had mostly been used for city travel with the very occasional highway trip and had served its purpose perfectly.
In December 2021, the Brio was still going good (~ 65000 Km), but as the 10-year anniversary was coming near, I was looking for a new car (Petrol) to replace/upgrade and I fixed a budget of approx. 10 Lakh on-road.
My main requirements were:
  1. Automatic Transmission (I have recently had pains in my left leg when operating the clutch in office-time traffic)
  2. Good for both city and highway travel (I intend to use it for longer trips this time)
  3. Safety
  4. Decent mileage
  5. Spacious and efficient
  6. Good on-road presence
I was not keen on a hatchback (personal preference) and my first thought was to go for a Compact Sedan. But going through different forums and reviews I saw that there was nothing new in this segment – all the manufacturers were focusing on CSUVs (based on current popular trends I guess). So I started looking at Compact/Mini SUVs as well.

Based on initial research, I made the below shortlist:
1. Honda Amaze VX CVT
2. MS Vitara Brezza VXi AT
3. Tata Punch Creative AMT
4. Tata Nexon XMA (S)
5. Hyundai Venue SX 1.0 Turbo iMT

Honda Amaze VX CVT
I test drove the Amaze first, considering that Compact Sedans were my first choice and out of some degree of loyalty to Honda. This ticked several boxes – the most budget-friendly of the lot, a decent smooth CVT (with some lag, as can be expected), decent safety features and decent mileage.
What went against it was the lack of a Turbo engine and Honda being no longer what it used to be back in 2012 (when I had bought the Brio). Plus, the Amaze has been around for like, forever…

MS Vitara Brezza VXi AT
Despite the fantastic chain of dealership and servicing options and a (surprisingly) good safety rating, I decided against the Brezza.
Reasons : Lack of Turbo engine and antiquated 4-speed AT gearbox. Also, no Brake Assist or ESP (though these are admittedly rare in cars of a 10Lakh budget in our country).

Tata Punch Creative
The newest car on the block and it did pack a “punch”. 5-star safety rating, good looks and good mileage. In my budget, I could go for the top variant, which meant I would be getting all the available features.
Cons: 3 cylinder non-Turbo engine, possibly jerky AMT gearbox, especially considering regular city travel, less rear-seat space. And once again, missing out on BA/ESP and even the Hill Start Assist.

Tata Nexon XMA(S)
A fantastic car. It had almost everything I wanted, including the advanced safety features.
The major cons I could find were the doubtful performance of AMT gearbox and lack of rear wiper/defogger/fog lights. Also being a low-end variant due to budget limitations, some other nice-to-have features were missing, for example, no LED headlamps, no parking assist, no 1-touch driver window (even my Brio has that one ☹)
Seriously, I don’t know why the Sunroof is provided, but no rear wiper/defogger. I was expecting this from MS/Hyundai, but not from Tata. Our manufacturers and customers both really need to re-assess their priorities…

Hyundai Venue SX 1.0 Turbo iMT
I was really interested about the new iMT gearbox. Went through all the reviews in Team-BHP forums and then went to the nearest dealership for a test drive. And I quite liked it. It gave me my comfort of manual gearbox, but without the clutch – so my left leg could rest easy. I liked the car as well – good looks, good Turbo engine, nice interior space and packed with lot of features.
Cons : The safety aspect was seriously lacking. It did not have a crash rating and also, all the safety features (Rear wipers, Hill Start Assist, Electronic Stability, Traction Control) were present only on the top variant (which was way beyond my budget).
Once again, comfort features are prioritized over safety
Additionally, the dealership experience was not that good. They kept pushing the i20 N-Line, even when I told them I was not looking for hatchbacks.

Nissan Magnite
While I was analyzing / test-driving the above cars, a friend suggested the Nissan Magnite. I had not considered this earlier mainly due to the lack of dealerships / service centers. At my friend’s suggestion, I looked at the Magnite in more detail and what I saw, really surprised me in a good way… Excellent looks, good Turbo engine and CVT gearbox, all the safety features as well as convenience features, decent interior space and right within my budget – on paper, it looked too good to be true.
I went through the detailed review on Team-BHP (excellent as always) and also the videos available on YouTube and decided it really was worth a test-drive.

Luckily, there is a Nissan dealership nearby in my city. I visited the dealership and the salesperson was polite and courteous. He explained the features available in the different variants and arranged for the test drive. As I drove around in the Turbo CVT car, I really loved it. The Turbo engine was good with excellent power, CVT was butter-smooth with no noticeable lag, the suspension was pretty good and the creep function would be a boon in office-time traffic. The salesperson was fine with me driving around the city as per my route choice for nearly 10 Km (compared to Hyundai & Honda, where they pretty much dictated the route – not more than 1/2 Km at most). I later took a second test drive on the Magnite a couple of days later (this time with my family) on a different route, again ~10Km – once again, not even a frown from the salesperson.

Final Decision:

By this time, I had pretty much decided to go for the Magnite. I really liked that they offered all the safety features even on the lowest Turbo variant. Within my budget I could easily take the XV model and with a slight bit of stretch, could go the for XV Premium as well (added features of LED headlamps, TPMS, 360 degree camera, Rear AC vents and Cruise Control).
What remained to be checked was service experience and the wait-times.

Going through Team-BHP forums once again, I found BHPian swiftvxi06’s post (Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review). It's a fantastic detailed review and learning about his positive experience with Nissan’s service center filled me with confidence (all the more since he is from the same city). Another relative who currently owns a Nissan Terrano also told me about his decent experience with Nissan’s service – so I was all set on this front.

Regarding the wait-times, the salesperson told me it would take at least 2-3 months. However, he did have a topmost variant car (XV Premium (O) – with added Telematics) readily available.
I was a bit apprehensive about this obvious push-sales technique but it did have some benefits – the car was in my preferred colour (Sandstone Brown), it costs only ~10K extra beyond my original choice of the XV Premium variant and I would (hopefully) get it before the new year.
I went ahead and booked the car. The salesperson readily shared the VIN number. With help from the Team-BHP article, I verified that the car was manufactured in November 2021. I asked for a stockyard PDI and went there the next day – the car looked good (if a little dirty) with very few Km on the odometer.

I confirmed my purchase with the dealer after a bit of haggling on the insurance (they did not fully match the Policy Bazaar price, but did reduce the price to a near figure) and went through all the documentation. Registration and some other processes took another 2/3 days and I finally took delivery of the car on Wednesday 29th December.

Ownership Experience:

I am currently working from home and as such, have not been able to drive much in the city in full traffic conditions. The car mostly stays in the garage on the weekdays, with only trips to friends/relatives on the weekends. However, we did do a couple of long drives (both around 500km round trip) and got a feel of highway travel in the Magnite. In all, we have clocked a total of 1300+ Km on the car in these 2.5 months.

The overall driving experience so far has been, in a word, fantastic ! The car has totally lived up to my expectations.

The driving position in the Magnite (with seat height adjustment) allows a commanding view of the road. Upgrading from my Brio, it is a considerable difference.

Ergonomics is good – all the necessary controls are on the steering or easily reachable from the driver’s seat.
Lack of auto-unlock is a pain though – the doors are not unlocked even when the car is set to Parking gear or even the engine turned off. You need to manually unlock, either from the central panel, or the old-age door pins.

The HRA0 1.0 Turbo petrol engine gives great performance with a nice pull and good strong power surge, especially on open road.
The CVT gearbox is butter-smooth and I never noticed any lag in the low/mid range, unless suddenly trying to accelerate to pass another vehicle.
Hill Start Assist is a boon as there are a couple of flyovers near my home where I sometimes get stuck on the incline due to traffic signals. The car has good stability at high speeds and never felt wobbly on the highway.

Regarding build quality, the Magnite feels solid. I had some apprehensions that the lower price may have resulted in a weaker build quality, but really no such worry here. The recently released 4-star GNCAP ratings seems well-earned.
The ground clearance is awesome and the car absorbs potholes and small bumpers easily.

Interior space in the car is awesome with excellent leg room and adequate thigh support in both front and back seats. The rear seat though is best suited for 2 adults and a child or 3 adults on the slimmer side. It will feel cramped with 3 well-built adults.
Internal storage space is good and boot space is quite adequate (although less on paper than its competitors).

Two pain areas – the driver armrest (only available in the XV Premium and XV Premium (O) variants) is short to the point of being useless for me (I am 5’4” in height).
And I have found that I am unable to reach the Fuel tank open level from driver’s seat without opening the door. Not sure if any other Magnite drivers have faced that problem, but I feel it could have been designed better.

In February, I also had my first experience with the Nissan Service Center as the car had its first inspection at 2 months. Their service representative who handled the inspection was extremely courteous and explained all the details of what they would/would not do. He did try to sell me an anti-rust coating though, which I refused (I guess that’s just their standard operating procedure). In all, a decent experience.

To summarize, the Magnite is a genuine “Value for Money”. Considering that it undercuts most of its competitors from the price point, you can get all the necessary safety features and commonly used comfort features, with added good looks, good space and a smooth driving experience. Nissan has done a good job with this car.

I would highly recommend the Magnite to anyone looking for a Compact SUV.
kolrahul is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 21:21   #1275
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Turbo CVT - Buying & Initial Ownership Experience

Congratulations Rahul for your Magnite Turbo CVT and welcome to Teambhp. Wish you loads of happy miles on your new Magnite. Would love to hear from you about your ownership.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks