Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2023, 20:40   #1381
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelfarbeyond View Post

I love you 3000! Octi

I would keep this post short and sweet and will provide my feedback on key concerns for folks who are new to Skoda. Before that, I also want to share that I'm happy and beaming Skoda customer since 2012 (drove Rapid TDI for 153000+ KMs in the last 10 years)

I recently discovered that my maps can go full screen even in android auto. So that's one advantage with google maps showing full view.
Did you change any settings in the Infotainment for Maps to appear Full screen ?
I am unable to find any in Android auto either, so if someone can provide more details it would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 25th February 2023, 09:09   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Did you change any settings in the Infotainment for Maps to appear Full screen ?
I am unable to find any in Android auto either, so if someone can provide more details it would be helpful. Thanks.
No settings required. Just click the map icon on the right hand side to make full screen. Its a toggle feature and will take you to full screen to normal and so on. I accidently touched it while driving and Google Maps stretched full screen.

Note: I have android 13 OS on my phone and assume that may be the only criteria for this to work.
Travelfarbeyond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 09:48   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah45 View Post
Update the Android Auto on your phone. You should see a new look and feel and if you click on maps, it goes into full screen
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 13:39   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
No settings required. Just click the map icon on the right hand side to make full screen. Its a toggle feature and will take you to full screen to normal and so on. I accidently touched it while driving and Google Maps stretched full screen.

Note: I have android 13 OS on my phone and assume that may be the only criteria for this to work.
Thanks, will try it and update
Old 27th February 2023, 10:26   #1385
BHPian

Finally got the delivery of my white L&K on 23.02.2023, The car drives like a charm and those who feel the car return poor mileage, i managed to get 19kmpl+ in my 700 km trip. I feel very bad that it is being discontinued but equally happy to own one of my childhood fantasies.

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_20230224_021314.jpg

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_20230227_102350.jpg

A detailed review is coming soon !!

Last edited by LONG_TOURER : 27th February 2023 at 10:52. Reason: Date Change
LONG_TOURER is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 11:24   #1386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONG_TOURER View Post
Finally got the delivery of my white L&K on 23.02.2023, The car drives like a charm and those who feel the car return poor mileage, i managed to get 19kmpl+ in my 700 km trip. I feel very bad that it is being discontinued but equally happy to own one of my childhood fantasies.

A detailed review is coming soon !!
Many congratulations . I see good number of new 2L TSI Octavia now on this forum (By C+/D segment cars ie). The more feedback/updates we share, the better it would be for all owners in general. Looking forward to your detailed review.
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 13:09   #1387
BHPian

Apologies for momentarily hijacking this thread with this reply but here's my question :

I am out of town and had left my Octy at home. It's been a week. I live alone so no one is there to crank the engine up every couple of days. Should I be worried about the battery discharging or the engine not cranking up when I get back home in a couple of days? A total newbie to this hence asking.

Having owned cars earlier having lesser electronics, was never really worried about this but having owned a current gen Octy for the past 2 months, now I am worried about this.
Old 27th February 2023, 13:35   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_Exhaust View Post
Apologies for momentarily hijacking this thread with this reply but here's my question :

I am out of town and had left my Octy at home. It's been a week. I live alone so no one is there to crank the engine up every couple of days. Should I be worried about the battery discharging or the engine not cranking up when I get back home in a couple of days? A total newbie to this hence asking.

Having owned cars earlier having lesser electronics, was never really worried about this but having owned a current gen Octy for the past 2 months, now I am worried about this.
You can know the Battery voltage in the Skoda Connected app (Usually >12.5v). I would recommend you check that before you crank.

Usually all VWs start showing Christmas lighting in the cluster if battery is low and scare the hell out of you. Otherwise, cranking it up and hoping everything is all right is the only other way to find out.
Old 27th February 2023, 13:46   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
You can know the Battery voltage in the Skoda Connected app (Usually >12.5v). I would recommend you check that before you crank.

Usually all VWs start showing Christmas lighting in the cluster if battery is low and scare the hell out of you. Otherwise, cranking it up and hoping everything is all right is the only other way to find out.

Hey! Thanks for the reply!

Yes, so I have the MySKODA ConnectED app on my phone and it is showing 12.8v for the battery. Does the app show the current (as in the LIVE capacity) or does it show data from the last time the engine was cranked up and shut off?
Old 27th February 2023, 14:22   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey! Thanks for the reply!

Yes, so I have the MySKODA ConnectED app on my phone and it is showing 12.8v for the battery. Does the app show the current (as in the LIVE capacity) or does it show data from the last time the engine was cranked up and shut off?
I hope this is live as this is the only thing displayed when car engine is off and car is locked. 12.8v is sufficient to crank the engine, so go ahead
Old 28th February 2023, 00:47   #1391
BHPian

Quote:

You meant "it's been a week or a month"? a week is nothing to worry about losing battery charge, that too on a new car. I have left cars for more than a month without any problems. (ideally for this long time we should disconnect battery, but then again, electronics have gotten very power efficient now a days and I am assuming no additional accessories putting load on the battery)

And from a philosophical perspective, given there is no one to crank it up, why are you worried? You will only get to know the situation once you are back, so from that perspective I would suggest, do not worry, let it be and focus on your current task.
BudgetFailure is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 11:55   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post
You meant "it's been a week or a month"? a week is nothing to worry about losing battery charge, that too on a new car. I have left cars for more than a month without any problems. (ideally for this long time we should disconnect battery, but then again, electronics have gotten very power efficient now a days and I am assuming no additional accessories putting load on the battery)

And from a philosophical perspective, given there is no one to crank it up, why are you worried? You will only get to know the situation once you are back, so from that perspective I would suggest, do not worry, let it be and focus on your current task.
Yes, it's been a week today.

I guess you are right, will check it when I get back.

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it!
Old 28th February 2023, 20:11   #1393
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,
I tried to enable Full screen maps, but unfortunately unable to get it.
My phone is running on Android 13.
I have attached pictures of the same.
Have tried to get into the Menu and select or double click on Maps but it still appears only 3/4th of the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_20230228_200651.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review-img_20230228_200543.jpg  

Old 28th February 2023, 21:10   #1394
BHPian

Hello folks,

I want to know how you switch the car off ? Do you shift the gear into park(P), then engage the parking brake before killing the ignition??

I happen to switch the ignition directly while the car is at D. Doing this, the car automatically engage to P and parking brake gets engaged too.

Am i doing it right here ??
Old 28th February 2023, 23:24   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONG_TOURER View Post
Hello folks,

I want to know how you switch the car off ? Do you shift the gear into park(P), then engage the parking brake before killing the ignition??

I happen to switch the ignition directly while the car is at D. Doing this, the car automatically engage to P and parking brake gets engaged too.

Am i doing it right here ??
Hey LONG_TOURER!

Never tried the second way so not sure if killing the ignition in D mode is the right way to go or not.

I first shift from D to N, pull the handbrake switch and let it engage, then engage P (parking mode) by pressing the button and then kill the ignition.
TSI_Exhaust is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks