Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2021, 18:03   #2416
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
Here's a list of some of the not well known/hidden/simple yet important features that I found on the AX7 L variant.
9. Navigational compass with GPS positioning.
Attachment 2221462
Will we able to see google maps from carplay/android auto on driver's screen or only navigation provided by Mahindra?
Torque_Cruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 18:32   #2417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Cruiser View Post
Will we able to see google maps from carplay/android auto on driver's screen or only navigation provided by Mahindra?
Drivers screen will only show directions in case of Android Auto. Full map view is only supported from the built-in navigation app.

Source:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211020-6.30.18-pm.jpg  

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 20th October 2021 at 18:35.
Tanmay007 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 19:43   #2418
BHPian

Not sure if this question is asked on this thread or not, if yes mods kindly delete the thread, if no, here's my question:-

Need recommendation on whether its wise to change stock 17 inch MRF/Apollo wheels to similar sized Michelin wheels at the time of delivery?
Old 20th October 2021, 19:47   #2419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Update: I can now see a proper tracking page. The "track my booking" button disappeared but I had saved its URL. No actual progress on the page though.
Cannot see the tracking tab under my booking as yet. Only available option is "Cancel Booking."

I think the backend team is still fixing bugs and will roll out this feature gradually in coming days. Wonder if Mahindra will actually be sharing booking updates via this method. Don't want to be at the mercy of the dealer at every step. If this online stuff is executed well, Mahindra will receive a lot of blessings!
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 20:05   #2420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_gpatel View Post
Not sure if this question is asked on this thread or not, if yes mods kindly delete the thread, if no, here's my question:-

Need recommendation on whether its wise to change stock 17 inch MRF/Apollo wheels to similar sized Michelin wheels at the time of delivery?
Not sure if it is wise or not but I will be doing it but will not do a size upgrade. With Michelins road noise is reduced and is ab overall better experience. I have done this for my last two rides as well and didn’t have any issues
Torque_Cruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 20:12   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
Drivers screen will only show directions in case of Android Auto. Full map view is only supported from the built-in navigation app.

Source: Jojo Wheelie
The zoom in to display wider navigation map on driver screen is super cool.
Does any one know what happens if that zoom in steering control button is pressed when android auto directions are visible on driver's screen? I guess nothing should happen but just curious

Also anyone knows if the native navigation is from map my india or something else? Xuv500 had it from map my india and I never used it, partly because it was always outdated and required a visit to SC for updating the software and maps. I wonder if Mahindra can update the native maps on xuv700 over the air.
piyush1.a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 20:39   #2422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
I believe most of the initial customers will be really happy if Mahindra should have already planned and gave provision to upgrade these initial models with all three feature as an additional pack when they arrive.

If not initial owners are really gonna miss them
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Well Initial owners get the latest product in the market, and all companies add new features as time progress (Except Maruti maybe). The problem is the novelty factor of XUV will also be short lived, seeing that they have been booked by the dozen.

Powered tailgate, Ventilated seats will be extremely tough or maybe impossible to retrofit, though I guess auto dimming IVRM should be doable.
Exactly, I agree.

Whilst a lot of us would like additional features to be added for additional cost, it's also important to remember the 'fit and finish' we like on new cars, that is done to precision in a factory, a dealership would (highly likely) not be able to achieve.
Ex: I wouldn't feel very comfortable having a dealership technician working on adding a 'ventilation option', on front seats which have side airbags. Even if it can be done safely, will it be re-fit with the tight fit stitching achieved in factory.

The auto IRVM is something we can get installed in a service centre, I would assume without too much worry. Only thing to watch is the installation does not have anything to do with touching the ADAS camera that sits right behind it.

And I'm someone who isn't (yet?) fascinated the electric powered tailgate. I don't see any use case for it, where I must want it. It takes longer to wait and see it open & close, than just do it with the hand. Also, with the potential of rear-end crashes this vehicle is susceptible to, due to ADAS auto emergency braking and other drivers' reflex notwithstanding, I would prefer an electronic component doesn't delay the availability of a rear tailgate door fix or replacement of the same, at the SC. (I am interested though, in understanding good use cases for the powered tailgate. Probably thinking too narrow.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
Here's a list of some of the not well known/hidden/simple yet important features that I found on the AX7 L variant.

Addl Info: The best part is that the user profile can be linked to the key fob aswell.
Thanks for sharing these, very good to know. User profiles are definitely going to be welcomed by families where husband and wife drive or more than 1 family member drives the car. M&M Auto have thought these out quite well. Hope they continue to work well (without bugs).

Tyre temperature feature would be useful to check, on those long highway trips, I would imagine.

Quote:
Update: I can now see a proper tracking page. The "track my booking" button disappeared but I had saved its URL. No actual progress on the page though.
The first time i'm seeing such a tracking visibility from the factory to the dealership. Wow! I think it's wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi I just randomly checked the portal and I see my booking details on it now. I originally had booked through the dealer initially, still its reflecting under my bookings section.
Thanks Monty1. I checked my Booking page as well and I can see the booking confirmation details in there, just as confirmed by my sales contact earlier. However, no 'Tracking' page, as member Tanmay007 can see (is it only viewable for bookings of Petrol variants [for now] or its only for booking made directly online? Anyone has an idea?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Finally saw the booking confirmed message on the website (though I booked through dealer). There's no tracking button though. Also, I had booked on the 8th and I'm glad it shows the 8th of October (was worried that it might show a later date) - though, I won't be getting price protection so that's that Not in a hurry to get the car, so I'm content to wait till Q2 2022 or however long it takes for the first 50k deliveries (with price protection) to be done
Wadewilson, according to Mahindra, those who booked on 08 October, between 1000 - 1200 IST, also get the bookings secured with the price protection (on the hiked prices prior to 1000 IST on 08 October). It's for bookings made after 1200 IST, that might/ will not get the price protection. Do check with your dealer again. (on 08 Oct, Mahindra opened the bookings for the next 25k customers and they later claimed they achieved that number in 2 hours, if I recall right. Apologies, if wrongly shared).

Also a customer someone who can wait for 3-5 months. No hurry. Price protection & possible fix of any early niggles found and reported. Best of both worlds.
k_ajay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 20:55   #2423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Also anyone knows if the native navigation is from map my india or something else? Xuv500 had it from map my india and I never used it, partly because it was always outdated and required a visit to SC for updating the software and maps. I wonder if Mahindra can update the native maps on xuv700 over the air.
It should be updated OTA (Over The Air) as AX series have an embedded sim, so the maps should be updated and Realtime with traffic data.
RachhaMan10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 20:57   #2424
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, would be helpful if you post the URL/direct link to the Tracking page. Thanks in advance
MukundanMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 20:59   #2425
BHPian

Quote:
The maps do seem to be offline. I agree that stale map data and having to manually update them is a problem. But I hope with all the connected car tech + paid Adrenox subscription we get over the air map updates frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
However, no 'Tracking' page, as member Tanmay007 can see (is it only viewable for bookings of Petrol variants [for now] or its only for booking made directly online? Anyone has an idea?)
The track booking button was visible only for a few minutes and then they took it down. They are probably still working on it. If the full tracking screen I shared is anything to go by, I think we’ll have full transparency about our bookings from Mahindra right from factory to dealership��

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Hi, would be helpful if you post the URL/direct link to the Tracking page. Thanks in advance
The tracking url contains a unique id which will be different for everyone, so I doubt it’d be of any help. The xxx in the following url is the id part.

https://auto.mahindra.com/ordertrack...u000004DlKXXXX

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 20th October 2021 at 21:03.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 20:59   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
I wonder if Mahindra can update the native maps on xuv700 over the air.
I believe it should be able to update over the air, thats what the perks of having a connected car isn't it. However map update is a miniscule point for the over the air connected features. Other BHpians who have experience with any major updates from other Car makers using connected tech are welcome to shed some light here.
Monty1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 21:06   #2427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderdeep View Post
Many customers make a parallel booking too for other cars (Harrier, Scorpio, Creta, or Compass) and pick up the one whichever gets delivered sooner.
Yes correct and this is where middlemen and other agents make money, instead of cancelling the order they would prey on another desperate buyer who wishes to have an early delivery and ready to pay a premium. So all in all the 65K bookings would still be intact for the manufacturer, may be a few 100s off here and there.
Old 20th October 2021, 21:06   #2428
BHPian

Quote:
Also anyone knows if the native navigation is from map my india or something else?
Yes, you're right. The Navigation on the 700 is from MapMyIndia.
AJ739 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 23:29   #2429
BHPian

Quote:
The tracking url contains a unique id which will be different for everyone, so I doubt it’d be of any help. The xxx in the following url is the id part.

https://auto.mahindra.com/ordertrack...u000004DlKXXXX
Sorry if this is a bit technical for this forum, but the id can be found from the page source of https://auto.mahindra.com/myaccount/view-all-bookings page with your booking showing.. Just open the source of the page (usually Ctrl+U or Right-Click any blank part of page -> View Page Source in most modern browsers).. Then search for myBookingDetailsItem .. That should lead you to a div with attribute data-sfid="a0Y2u00000xxxxxxxx" .. The number in the quotes is the ID that needs to be replaced in the above quoted link, and that is the tracking page!

For those who are wondering whats all this about, see this post thanks to Tanmay https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5177453 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
drshajul is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 23:30   #2430

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_gpatel View Post
You can upgrade the tyres basis your preference for longevity, traction and noise. Had checked with the dealer on any possible warranty issues, and as expected there is no problem - tpms etc would work just fine too. Though, make sure not to upsize - that would definitely void warranty; and could impact the suspension too.

Quote:
I wonder if Mahindra can update the native maps on xuv700 over the air.
Since this thing has a dedicated network connection of its own, which also powers the connected car features, OTA updates for most stuff would be available. I wouldn't rule out OS updates to adrenox itself too!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st October 2021 at 09:30. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
atsphenomenon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks