Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2021, 09:29   #3811
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Trying to get a sense of delivery timelines for AWD variants, folks who have booked this variant can you please put down your delivery times? There’s very little information/updates online on the AWD variant.
My AWD delivery is shown to be next week. But, no updates from Dealer. Even the tracker update on the Mahindra portal is stuck at "Order processed" stage. . Keeping my fingers crossed for a surprise call. I too haven't seen/heard of a single AWD delivery anywhere across India yet
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 09:56   #3812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIV17 View Post
On a different note, how does the XUV700 stack up against the new Tiguan?
The number of features in the XUV make the Tiguan look extremely overpriced. Even the power figures of the petrol XUV is slightly higher. They come very close in terms of dynamics too. The XUV also has the size advantage. The only upper hand for the Tiguan seems to be the DSG gearbox.
XUV700 should be compared with Tiguan Allspace and Kodiaq.
To me XUV700 (Top variant) is 105% of the German Duo in terms of features/specifications, 100% in terms of safety/peformance, 90% in terms of quality/refinement at 60% of the price.
XUV700 is likely to be more niggle ridden (electronics) compared to Tiguan/Kodiaq but it will make up for that being more abuse friendly (mechanically) in our conditions.

Last edited by Guna : 24th December 2021 at 09:59.
Guna is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 10:05   #3813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post

5. 2GB of Internal Storage. The images captured from the 360degree cameras are stored in this storage space. For the continuous digital video recordings, an additional SD card has to be mounted.
Attachment 2221458
Hi,
Can you tell me where to insert the SD card? I have an AX7 L Petrol and it did not come with an SD card and even the dealer does not seem to know about it.
Old 24th December 2021, 10:09   #3814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
My AWD delivery is shown to be next week. But, no updates from Dealer. Even the tracker update on the Mahindra portal is stuck at "Order processed" stage.
You are right - that seems to be the case for me too - already last week of December. The delivery month being December, the cars must be arriving at dealership in a day or two max to be delivered on or before 31st! And the dealer have no clue. The customer care keeps pointing to the Dealer and this table tennis game continues
Old 24th December 2021, 11:08   #3815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
You are right - that seems to be the case for me too - already last week of December.
As we speak on this matter, my update on the Mahindra portal changes, by removing the estimated delivery date from the page! The message on the top changes to "A Mahindra XUV700 is all-set to go into production just for you" . Not sure if I should feel happy about it or not Guess, any change in status is good
Old 24th December 2021, 13:49   #3816
BHPian

I got my AX7 PET AT delivered on Sunday. Sharing some observations.
  • I used to be against gas-guzzlers but decided to get an SUV due to bad road (no roads?!) in my locality. Happy that the car is performing excellent on this regard.
  • My first long drive was from Bangalore to Sulthan Bathery, through Kanakapura road. Mixed highway and town traffic, with some bumper to bumper traffic, gave a mileage of 9.9KM on MID. While I wasn't expecting anything better while I booked the car, the magnificent numbers shared by other owners had my hopes higher . Probably it is a combination of driving style and relatively low quality highways.
  • Yes, as everyone else are mentioning, the acceleration it is giving for overtaking is amazing despite me being gentle on the pedal keeping running-in mind. Nevertheless, there is a noticeable pause of 1+ sec for the vehicle to react to the cue.
  • Even while going slightly up hill, the car doesn't up shifts when I think it should be, despite being at good speeds. I found it a bit annoying. In contrast to the CVT I was driving, the first two up shifts are often noticeable too.
  • ADAS and line keep assist are generally nice to use and could use adas enough during the drive. It brakes a bit too hard a bit too early though. While this is configurable, not yet feeling confident to set it more aggressive. I noticed that the indication that it has recognized the lane boundaries are sometimes misleading. On some empty roads, at relatively lower speeds, I could see the vehicle drifting; not that I am planning to rely on this feature! It could also recognize some speed limit boards with poor visibility.
  • Top right controls on AdrenoX app is not working. This includes the hamburger menu on the home screen which has most of the settings and back-button on secondary screen. Anyone else seeing this?
  • While I am 5'10", I still feels that I am sitting too close to the pedals. Did anyone else find the range of the driver seat a bit too low? On the positive side, I am not feeling the lack of telescopic steering.
  • There was a post earlier that engine start/stop from the app is only in AX7L. It works on AX7.
  • Passive keyless entry for the tailgate is a boon. While I miss the same for the driver door; happy that it exists for the tailgate where it matters more when your hands are full!
  • I could notice some vibration noise from near the MID while driving on rough roads already. I am a bit too sensitive to some noises! . When I noticed it for the first time, I feared it is more like spark sound due loose-connection but I think I am more or less convinced that it is some vibration.
  • Headlights are excellent especially high beam assist and powerful fog lamps. Yet to discover the auto-booster feature of the headlamp.

Last edited by impala : 24th December 2021 at 13:56.
impala is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 13:56   #3817
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Quick check to authenticate your cars history

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
I had noted the VIN of the car, So was trying out registering on the App but was not happening as my number was not linked, this morning the phone number got linked and Alas, I can see the entire History of the car!! All the trips the car had till date all available in the Adrenox app, SO i was a bit worried as to why my car was 3 months Old, However I can see that the car was at Chakan plant Mid - end sep, then sometime in Nov it was at Bangalore stock yard ever since and then just yesterday it has come to Dealer. That has cleared all my doubts about the car.. Going for delivery of my New Beast today!!!
Hi @Shai100
Could you share some tips as to at what stage, (prior to payment?) can we ask the dealer to do the KYC so that phone number can be linked? I am in similar boat wherein the dealer has a car that he says can be allocated to me. He is insisting that it is a new car that he has received only 2-3 days ago. He is not entertaining my request for visiting the stockyard for an inspection, but is willing to get the car to the showroom if i wish. If this does happen, is there any other way for me to check the location history? Would the dealer personnel have a laptop to connect and retreive the location history?

Last edited by Sheel : 24th December 2021 at 19:14. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 24th December 2021, 14:58   #3818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I got my AX7 PET AT delivered on Sunday. Sharing some observations.
  • I used to be against gas-guzzlers but decided to get an SUV due to bad road (no roads?!) in my locality. Happy that the car is performing excellent on this regard.
  • My first long drive was from Bangalore to Sulthan Bathery, through Kanakapura road. Mixed highway and town traffic, with some bumper to bumper traffic, gave a mileage of 9.9KM on MID. While I wasn't expecting anything better while I booked the car, the magnificent numbers shared by other owners had my hopes higher . Probably it is a combination of driving style and relatively low quality highways.
Congratulations, 9.9 KMpl is impressive, I do expect it to go higher after first service .

Quote:
  • ADAS and line keep assist are generally nice to use and could use adas enough during the drive. It brakes a bit too hard a bit too early though. While this is configurable, not yet feeling confident to set it more aggressive. I noticed that the indication that it has recognized the lane boundaries are sometimes misleading. On some empty roads, at relatively lower speeds, I could see the vehicle drifting; not that I am planning to rely on this feature! It could also recognize some speed limit boards with poor visibility.
This one feature I believe will get better over the period with software updates.

Looking forward to your ownership thread with pictures.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 16:03   #3819
BHPian

One important feedback/suggestion on adaptive cruise I saw in YouTube which made a lot of sense to me : avoid going on adaptive cruise if you see the vehicle behind you is close or tailgating, the rate at which adaptive cruise brakes/slows down is a little aggressive in the current tune when it sees the vehicle in front reduce speed and this will definitely come as a surprise to the car behind.

The other one was - don’t rely on ADAS/Adaptive cruise for anything happening in adjacent lanes like someone drifting/merging slowly into your lane etc, very good chance for ADAS to go into panic braking when it detects the object suddenly in its range.

PS : These are my personal observations from viewing various YouTube videos of XUV in adaptive cruise, current owners with real world experience are free to correct me on this.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 16:04   #3820
BHPian

Quote:
[*]Headlights are excellent especially high beam assist and powerful fog lamps. Yet to discover the auto-booster feature of the headlamp.[/list]
Congrats on the car. The auto booster headlamps will turn on automatically when the car reaches a speed of 80+ Kmph with headlights on. You will also notice a blue boost light logo in the MID when the lights come on.
nasir88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 16:38   #3821
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Quick check to authenticate your cars history

Hi,

Well getting KYC will happen only after payment, totally depends on the dealer, However he cannot say no for PDI. Mention to him that you need to do the PDI and are willing to go to stock yard for the same, Once at PDI location, ask them to connect the laptop and then check the history. Also at PDI few other points to look out is the date stickers on wing mirrors and battery, that will usually give you the idea of month of manufacturing, and then of course the VIN of the car that will be placed in the front bumper in the number plate area its a sticker. if not check the plates near driver door.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!
Shai100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 17:12   #3822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIV17 View Post
On a different note, how does the XUV700 stack up against the new Tiguan?
The number of features in the XUV make the Tiguan look extremely overpriced. Even the power figures of the petrol XUV is slightly higher. They come very close in terms of dynamics too. The XUV also has the size advantage. The only upper hand for the Tiguan seems to be the DSG transmission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
XUV700 should be compared with Tiguan Allspace and Kodiaq.
To me XUV700 (Top variant) is 105% of the German Duo in terms of features/specifications, 100% in terms of safety/peformance, 90% in terms of quality/refinement at 60% of the price.
XUV700 is likely to be more niggle ridden (electronics) compared to Tiguan/Kodiaq but it will make up for that being more abuse friendly (mechanically) in our conditions.
There is an interesting comparison by EVO India at
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 18:10   #3823
BHPian

Quote:
the rate at which adaptive cruise brakes/slows down is a little aggressive.
Based on my limited experience yesterday, this is definitely a concern. This risk became obvious the very first time I noticed it applying brakes. My co-driver commented that I braked a bit too hard probably because I am still getting used with the vehicle and warned me that I can get rear-ended . Nevertheless, I actively try to avoid vehicles tailgating closely, even without ADAS, as the road conditions make it highly likely that I need to decelerate quickly. I either speed up or let them pass

Quote:
The other one was - don’t rely on ADAS/Adaptive cruise for anything happening in adjacent lanes like someone drifting/merging slowly into your lane etc
Something which I observed - Even when there is a two-wheeler in the left edge of the lane and even if the lane is wide enough, the car will slow down to match the speed of that vehicle. Something that we won't anticipate.
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 19:24   #3824
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Something which I observed - Even when there is a two-wheeler in the left edge of the lane and even if the lane is wide enough, the car will slow down to match the speed of that vehicle. Something that we won't anticipate.
Let them first make an AI machine that can eat onam-sadya from a plantain leaf, and drink payasam poured onto the leaf itself, without spilling it anywhere. Then we can talk about implementing autonomous driving for indian roads. The variables to deal with, are hyperbolically complex, unlike those for western countries.
venkyhere is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 19:58   #3825
BHPian

Okay, I had totally underestimated the actual road presence of this beauty! Having driven across a few parts of Mumbai today, the looks of envy/admiration/awe on people's faces was a sweet feeling! Being a White beauty, this car surely attracts more than it's share of attention.

Highlight of the day: Was at Worli seaface a while back and a couple in a Honda City pulled over next to me. He was gesturing something toward me at the previous signal, which I had ignored thinking that he was probably annoyed because I had honked a little hard as he had tried to cut into my lane. I was half expecting the guy to throw some abuses when he pulled over, but turns out, all he wanted to know was my experience with the XUV 700 since he is expecting delivery of his own White beauty on 5th January and has just completed loan formalities. The couple requested to sit inside and get a feel and click some photos of the car as well, which I was more than happy to oblige. Had a nice long chat with them.

In my many years of owning multiple cars, never have I ever experienced such exhilaration or people swooning over the car, asking for photos and wanting to chat about shared experiences, that too in public. Definitely did not expect this in Mumbai for sure, where cars are a dime a dozen. Also, the amount of people who have reached out on Facebook groups, wanting to know about the booking/delivery process and features of the car is crazy.

Almost feels like you're part of a cult!
IamNikhil is offline   (21) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks