Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2022, 17:31   #4471
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Playing Amazon music through Alexa

Anyone was able to play Amazon music via Alexa command. It always play from hungama or gaana. On specific command "play music from Amazon music" returns error "can't play Amazon music in this device". During a webinar last Sunday, this question was raised to Mahindra and they diverted it by saying that you need some settings in Alexa app and service center can help you.

Today visited service center to check this. They don't have any clue or any instructions from mahindra on how to do it. Alexa app in my mobile plays Amazon music, but in XUV it is not.

Now I have raised a ticket with Amazon to check the issue. I could provide device details, but couldn't provide OS and app versions.

Hope it will be investigated.

PS: I am a prime customer with Amazon and

Anyone able to play Amazon music?
ambadan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 18:38   #4472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post

Now I have raised a ticket with Amazon to check the issue. I could provide device details, but couldn't provide OS and app versions.

Hope it will be investigated.

PS: I am a prime customer with Amazon and

Anyone able to play Amazon music?
This issue is common and I think it is to do with Amazon or Alexa settings and not to do with Alexa in XUV. I have Echo Show and have the same problem. I have selected Apple Music/Amazon music number of times but it still prefer Hungama and I am not sure why. However, whenever I say 'play from Amazon music' it does most of the time. Also, there is no option to remove hungama altogether from the app.
Old 2nd February 2022, 20:04   #4473
BHPian

Have a question for owners or potential owners of XUV700.

Has any owner replaced stock tyres with either Michelin/Pirelli/Yokohama? If yes, how is it working out?

Any potential owner planning to replace stock tyres?
Old 2nd February 2022, 20:32   #4474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
AX5 - Rear centre armrest?

I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not the AX5 has it. I wonder if it changes based on fuel type or other factors. Any idea whether the AX5 Diesel MT has a rear centre armrest or not?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I only need a 5 seater, and don't care much about ADAS in the current state of affairs, and having to spend way more for mainly an armrest seems preposterous.
I can confirm that there is no rear bench armrest in AX5 5 seater version. I have a AX5 5 seater AT diesel. That said you wont miss the armrest either. With two seating it is very comfortable to slid in the door sides and with three seating the back support is better without the armrest.
zeus_700 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 21:35   #4475
BHPian

Surprise surprise (Or should I say expected expected)

Recieved a msg from Mahindra that for my XUV, the expected month of April is now preponed and shrank to last week of February. I had registered ax7L D MT midnight black on 7th via dealer. It was first car to get booked and OTF generated in town according to him.(he even showed me whole list of bookings with respective OTF). Though a friend of mine just received his AX5 P MT white a week ago after booking it near New year. My only concern is the manufacturing year now.

My previous experiences have been with 800, Vista quadrajet and eon. So this is actually going to be my first big car. Team BHP has helped me to know so much regarding cars and a lot more. But now that I'm expecting a car delivery in less than a month , i need to know what all points i should check and cover before getting the new baby home. Please help me with that. I'm asking a few questions. Experts please guide me. If there are links on the forum where, these aspects were already discussed or concluded, please share the links.

1. What points are to be covered in PDI

2. If we do a floor lamination (I've it in my Vista since 10yrs and it's a god gift), does it affect any function/features of XUV? Do the 3D/7D mat still fit properly? I'll be glad if anyone who has done lamination can share the experience.

3. As far as i know, bumper guards are illegal.does this applies to official accessories too , and is it same for both front and rear guards?

4. What add ons should I focus on with warranty, insurance etc(I've zero knowledge in the subject). Some words I've heard are like zero dep, engine cover, extended, RSA etc. I've a 6 yr old eon with zero claim. Should I go for no claim advantage on that behalf (I'm not selling the eon for atleast 4-5 years). Do I have to get new insurance for eon in that case?

5. I was fascinated by concept of bug deflectors in cars but haven't seen anybody using it so far. Is it really effective and is it worth the cost?.

6. How good is the compatibility of roof top luggage carrier with sky roof (Anyone who has seen/bought one please help)

7. Has anyone fitted customised seat covers for these variants (with seat airbags)? If so , please share pictures and cost.

8. Which car cover is good? Please suggest something that helps avoid water/ dust and doesn't colour the car with cloth dyes when wet

Thanks in advance to all .

This is the msg i received..

"Hi MOHIT SUDAN, Due to changes in the production schedule, your Mahindra XUV700's estimated delivery date is now between 20/02/22 and 27/02/22. Track the incoming exhilaration at: https://bit.ly/2X3eOFK. TnC Apply. Team Mahindra."

Last edited by sudanmohit : 2nd February 2022 at 21:38. Reason: Forgot to add message
sudanmohit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 01:15   #4476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post

@sudanmohit, Team-Bhp PDI list has everything you needed for PDI https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list
snallagatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:11   #4477
Senior - BHPian

Bit the bullet and booked the car last week.
We went to take the delivery of our Xuv300 and my dad checked out the 700 personally for the first time and after the test drive he was so impressed that he booked it immediately. We have chosen the AX5 P AT 5 Str variant in White color. The SA gave the typical long wait high demand speech but we told him we are in No hurry to get the car. If we wanted we can use our contacts to get the car much earlier but we would like to wait for the initial niggles to be addressed and more features to be added. Tentatively will be taking delivery in Sep/Oct. Cheers.
faithless_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:49   #4478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

2. If we do a floor lamination (I've it in my Vista since 10yrs and it's a god gift), does it affect any function/features of XUV? Do the 3D/7D mat still fit properly? I'll be glad if anyone who has done lamination can share the experience.
Your car is assigned to you from the factory itself, there is not much to do PDI for but taking a look at the car before it is registered to you at RTO is a good idea.

Please do not spend a rupee on any accessories, especially do not rip the interior into pieces for floor lamination, it will start to rattle and squeak. Use normal fabric mats from their accessories department or order it from Elegant, its cheap, fits well and is very useful.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:36   #4479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post

Please do not spend a rupee on any accessories, especially do not rip the interior into pieces for floor lamination, it will start to rattle and squeak.
Thanks a lot. I didn't get the Idea of ripping interiors for floor lamination though.

I got one done for my Vista in 2012 and as far as I remember they just removed the seats, placed and secured the sheet for lamination and placed the seats back to the respective spots. There was no cutting or ripping involved. It has been trouble free since 10 years. Am I missing something about lamination in new cars these days or something about process of installation has changed over the years?

I agree about other accessories though just got fascinated by concept of bug deflection hence, the query.

As you said I'll avoid accessories except the bare minimum required. The quality issues of Mahindra add ons as reported by other members would not allow me to purchase anything from them.
Thanks again
Old 3rd February 2022, 15:45   #4480

Much Much happily!

Got a call from my dealer that our Xuv 700 L D AT AWD has arrived at the dealership and will be ready for delivery tomorrow. Planning to take delivery day after tomorrow after doing a thorough PDI tomorrow.

Although I have referred the Team bhp PDI checklist but wanted to know any specifics I should look out for in the PDI from fellow owners who have already got the car here.

Any specific things apart from the infotainment software that I should keep in mind so that I do not have to visit the dealership later again and again.

Will post an ownership review soon, I believe it will be the first AWD ownership review here, please correct me if I am wrong.

This one has given us all a really long wait, I wish those who are waiting to get their cars soon.

Keep Revvin'
avi01gupta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 16:12   #4481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi01gupta View Post
Much Much happily!

Got a call from my dealer that our Xuv 700 L D AT AWD has arrived at the dealership and will be ready for delivery tomorrow. Planning to take delivery day after tomorrow after doing a thorough PDI tomorrow.
Wow!! That's good to hear. Congratulations! Looks like AWD reached Delhi sooner than Bangalore. Any Bengaluru guys got delivery calls?
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 16:48   #4482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Any idea whether the AX5 Diesel MT has a rear centre armrest or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
AX5 5 Seater, irrespective of AT/MT or diesel/petrol, does not have armrest. Also, 2nd row seats does not recline which is the case in 7 Seater
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post
I can confirm that there is no rear bench armrest in AX5 5 seater version. I have a AX5 5 seater AT diesel. That said you wont miss the armrest either. With two seating it is very comfortable to slid in the door sides and with three seating the back support is better without the armrest.
Thank you, Piyush and Zeus for conforming the armrest's absence; also, Piyish for pointing out the recline part. I find both to be very useful.

Zeus mate, I've very much been used to a centre armrest while being driven. Can't imagine a car being as comfortable without it when 1-2 people on the rear bench. It is like the difference between sitting on a chair with one arm vs on a chair with both arms. This is quite a must-have feature for me. Our car is often used with the driver and one passenger on the rear left seat.

I appreciate the slightly better comfort the centre passenger will have without an armrest, but in our case, that is hardly used for long durations, if at all.

A pity that Mahindra doesn't make a proper comfortable 5 seater as premium as the 7 seater versions. If someone from Mahindra is reading, please consider a bench like on the 7 seater with an armrest and recline. Also with increased legroom on the second row. It could be with or without the ADAS features based on how Mahindra wants to position it.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 17:03   #4483
BHPian

Quote:
3. As far as i know, bumper guards are illegal.does this applies to official accessories too , and is it same for both front and rear guards?

4. What add ons should I focus on with warranty, insurance etc(I've zero knowledge in the subject). Some words I've heard are like zero dep, engine cover, extended, RSA etc. I've a 6 yr old eon with zero claim. Should I go for no claim advantage on that behalf (I'm not selling the eon for atleast 4-5 years). Do I have to get new insurance for eon in that case?

5. I was fascinated by concept of bug deflectors in cars but haven't seen anybody using it so far. Is it really effective and is it worth the cost?.

8. Which car cover is good? Please suggest something that helps avoid water/ dust and doesn't colour the car with cloth dyes when wet
Hi,

Congrats on the new car!!

Rear bumper guards are not illegal. They are even sold as an accessory by Mahindra themselves. You can buy it aftermarket too. ABS and aluminium finish models look good on the XUVs.

Buy insurance with zero depreciation, engine cover,RSA (only if you havent bought RSA package from Mahindra) and personal accident cover. You may be knowing that now getting a 3 year third party insurance is mandatory when you buy a new car. So the policies are sold as comprehensive insurance (1 yr own damage + 3 year TP). Next year you will have to renew own damage insurance alone. Don't blindly believe the dealers while buying the insurance. Get quotes from your current insurance provider (The EON one) and use that to negotiate with the dealer and get a good deal.

I was interested in buying the bug deflector too. But the accessory sales man advised me against buying it. Reason: During rainy seasons, water gets accumulated in between the deflector and the bonnet and leaves a mark on the bonnet. He showed a live example of a scorpio too. Hence I dropped that idea

Buy the car cover from Mahindra genuine accessories. After market car covers are not good and I had to return them twice. Once in flipkart and another in Amazon. Mahindra cover is very good
Enthusiast81 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 17:56   #4484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
Hi,

Congrats on the new car!!

Rear bumper guards are not illegal. They are even sold as an accessory by Mahindra themselves. You can buy it aftermarket too. ABS and aluminium finish models look good on the XUVs.

Buy insurance with zero depreciation, engine cover,RSA (only if you havent bought RSA package from Mahindra) and personal accident cover. You may be knowing that now getting a 3 year third party insurance is mandatory when you buy a new car. So the policies are sold as comprehensive insurance (1 yr own damage + 3 year TP). Next year you will have to renew own damage insurance alone. Don't blindly believe the dealers while buying the insurance. Get quotes from your current insurance provider (The EON one) and use that to negotiate with the dealer and get a good deal.

I was interested in buying the bug deflector too. But the accessory sales man advised me against buying it. Reason: During rainy seasons, water gets accumulated in between the deflector and the bonnet and leaves a mark on the bonnet. He showed a live example of a scorpio too. Hence I dropped that idea

Buy the car cover from Mahindra genuine accessories. After market car covers are not good and I had to return them twice. Once in flipkart and another in Amazon. Mahindra cover is very good

Thanks for your help
I'll surely keep in mind the things you've told especially about the insurance

Secretly I'm happy to get an opinion against bug deflectors, it is going to save some₹₹₹ for me

Now that you've suggested Mahindra car cover (atleast a Mahindra accessory getting recommended), please suggest which one should I go for, or which one do you have

Thanks again
Old 3rd February 2022, 18:02   #4485
BHPian

Quote:

Now that you've suggested Mahindra car cover (atleast a Mahindra accessory getting recommended), please suggest which one should I go for, or which one do you have
This one. Since my XUV is electric blue, I went ahead and bought the blue coloured cover without even checking on what material it is 😜 but thank god, it ended up good
https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...ody-cover.html
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks