Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2022, 18:08   #5626
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

One query on android auto - whenever I connect my phone through bluetooth, for playing amazon music or using Google maps, it requires internet connection. So I always turn on phone data and location. Instead of phone data, I tried connecting to WiFi which is inbuilt in ICE but it does not work. Any idea why?

Also, if I connect my phone, Alexa does not work.

Anyone facing these issues?
Old 25th May 2022, 20:26   #5627
BHPian

How much did it cost you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
I decided to give it a try and they installed DrArtex iridium damping sheets on all the doors.
Old 25th May 2022, 20:28   #5628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
How much did it cost you
Around 12k for 9 sheets + installation
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 22:04   #5629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Need advice on ESP from the gurus - I have experienced this twice now. I go through a broken patch of road ( which is the normal case in Bangalore), suddenly i lose power, the ESP indicator comes, i try to push the accelerator but for few seconds it doesn't respond. After that the ESP light/sign goes off and i get the power back and all is normal. The roads are not slippery here. Not sure if this is normal ESP behavior. Can someone advise.
Is your car an AWD ? If yes, this seems to be a common problem many people have encountered. Look at abirnale's ownership thread, I remember him talking about it
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 16:02   #5630
BHPian

Hi All,

Wanted to get thoughts on the Smart Clean Zone (cabin air filtration) feature which is supposed to be exclusive to AX7 variant of the XUV700. Since this feature is advertised as HEPA level, I was assuming that the AX7 variant would be having an additional filter over and above the standard A/C filter to support this feature. (https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...113275229.html)

However I recently came across this second service video for a XUV700 AX7 which shows only a single filter slot behind the glove compartment and a standard air filter being used as replacement (timestamp 9:02). Given the lack of information, is it safe to assume that basically all variants of the XUV700 are providing the same level of cabin air filtration?

It appears the feature may only be limited to sensors that provide AQI information, but providing no additional level of filtration.

Last edited by nasir88 : 26th May 2022 at 16:03.
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 16:27   #5631
BHPian

Luggage cover is back on stock on m2all at an exorbitant cost of 14K. Here is the catalog which shows the product; m2all does not have a product picture for a 14K product and hopefully it is still the same as in catalog! If I recollect correctly, originally price for this was around 8K during the car launch!

With this cost for a luggage cover, I think I will stick with my net tie-down!
Old 26th May 2022, 18:10   #5632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Luggage cover is back on stock on m2all at an exorbitant cost of 14K. Here is the catalog which shows the product; m2all does not have a product picture for a 14K product and hopefully it is still the same as in catalog! If I recollect correctly, originally price for this was around 8K during the car launch!

With this cost for a luggage cover, I think I will stick with my net tie-down!
I was in same dilemma for my Ecosport luggage cover which costed 9k, but got it custom made from car market for 1K from heavy cardboard pasted with black sheets similar to our rear seat back side cloth.it is serving me well from past 3 years. Will do the same for my xuv700 as well.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 20:30   #5633
BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1439cf9a106c4864bacc1ab1b15109d4.jpeg

How many people are in the same boat? Dealer says the car is yet to be billed to him. Considering travel times etc, no way they’ll meet the ‘promised’ timeline.

Hoping the delay only stretches into days, and not weeks.
vaibhav27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 22:24   #5634

Lot of us are in the same situation buddy. I was supposed to get delivery between 28th apr - 13 may. Its been over 2 weeks since but no clarity on when the 700 would come. No one has any info on its whereabouts! The wait continues
KinHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 23:02   #5635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav27 View Post
Attachment 2313042

How many people are in the same boat? Dealer says the car is yet to be billed to him. Considering travel times etc, no way they’ll meet the ‘promised’ timeline.

In my case, the status directly changed from "order processed" to "on its way",so there is still hope that you can get the car in 1st week of June.My dealer was also in denial and quoting 2 months later date even when I communicated this status to him.
Old 27th May 2022, 00:20   #5636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
I go through a broken patch of road ( which is the normal case in Bangalore), suddenly i lose power, the ESP indicator comes, i try to push the accelerator but for few seconds it doesn't respond. After that the ESP light/sign goes off and i get the power back and all is normal. The roads are not slippery here. Not sure if this is normal ESP behavior.
Power loss of any kind, even for a second, is worrying. Get those modules checked. ESP shouldn't cause this.

Check BHPian abirnale's experience with the ESP in his AWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
One query on android auto - whenever I connect my phone through bluetooth, for playing amazon music or using Google maps, it requires internet connection. So I always turn on phone data and location. Instead of phone data, I tried connecting to WiFi which is inbuilt in ICE but it does not work.

Also, if I connect my phone, Alexa does not work.
No need to turn phone data on. Connect your phone via Bluetooth and the Wifi in your phone will turn itself on, once the phone is connected. The e-sim gets enabled automatically. If the e-sim isn't working, neither Android Auto nor Alexa voice commands will work.

Get the e-sim's connectivity checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
The XUV700 luggage cover (parcel tray cover) is now in stock. Costs ₹14k. Mahindra accessories are way overpriced IMO. I hope 3rd party options are released soon.
Very exorbitantly priced. I would avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Jean-Luc View Post
I have the AX7L P AT. The Vehicle Controls tab in Adrenox tax a while to load every single time. I remains stuck on enabling controls for anywhere between 10-40 seconds and then controls are enabled.

Is this normal or is there any setting on phone or car that I can do ? Although most contols are gimmicky here the hung screen is a big put off to using the app.
10-20 seconds is normal, and it depends on how soon the WiFi/mobile data network in your phone connects via satellites to your car.

No need to fiddle with it.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th May 2022 at 00:22.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 00:49   #5637
Senior - BHPian

I am on the hunt for a new torque converter/CVT car with a rather strange budget of 5 lakhs to 30 lakhs on road (with a sweet spot of 15 lakhs). I have almost a year to decide and was initially considering the XUV 700, but the base model automatic crosses 20 lakhs and it doesn't seem worth the price (individual perception, however VFM others may think). Would have booked with eyes closed if it had an automatic below 16 lakhs. Now waiting for the new Mahindra Scorpio (waited too long for the Marazzo TC automatic), else will need to shift my attention to Toyota (Belta/Rumion). As strange as it seems, the only other options that interest me is the Dezire (no Torque converter), the Honda Amaze and the Kia Carnival. I feel that Indian Car companies generally give step motherly treatment to customers looking for a proper automatic.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 27th May 2022 at 00:51.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 09:20   #5638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav27 View Post
Attachment 2313042

Wait some more and it will show only "delivery" at the last without any date. From what I have heard it seems that they are working on the "tentative month" for delivery and the date seems to be irrelevant; your might extend to entire June (hopefully you get it early). Seems to be genuine delays which can be due to chip shortage or Scorpio launch as there would be no other plausible reason for Mahindra to delay the delivery. The portal should have been more dynamic in revising dates.
Dark water is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 14:12   #5639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
If the e-sim isn't working, neither Android Auto nor Alexa voice commands will work.
Android Auto uses phone data; it works without e-SIM connected. I was using Android Auto extensively for couple of days, for navigation and Amazon Music, when my e-SIM had stopped connecting. As expected, Alexa or other apps on the infotainment system was not working.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 20:23   #5640
BHPian

In my case the original delivery period was between 29th June to 29th July. Got SMS from Mahindra in the first week of May with the revised delivery period from 3rd June to 18th June. Spoke at dealers office and they said these dates are tentative and the vehicle can reach to them by end of May also. All this while the online status showed Order Under Planning. Got a call from the dealer around 14th May that the vehicle is allotted and that I need to make payments within 7 days. I was abroad and told them that as per their revised schedule it was after 3rd June and as per my discussion with them it could be end of May and hence I had planned my finances accordingly. So they just asked me to write an email mentioning this and informing a tentative date by when I will make the payment. Accordingly I sent an email to them and finally made the payment (post PDI) on 24th May. Expecting to take Delivery on 31st May or 1st June depending on the time taken for Registration. The Status on the website changed to this after I made the payment...so best option is to be in touch with the dealer
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-booking-status.jpg  

bimal8 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks