Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2022, 13:04   #6331
sbm
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgun81 View Post
Hi,

Could you please share a few pictures of the camera quality of the new reverse cam. The existing one on my AX5 fixed by the dealership is pathetic and the accessories guy is not even aware of this new camera Aw60118. He says he has not received any complaints so far on the current product AW60065.
I have sent the images of this new camera to m2all customer care and am trying to convince them to update the product on their website. Other members who need this camera and are unable to procure it from their local dealers, please start asking m2all customer care about the new updated reverse camera. More queries will eventually make them update their website. For reference, the part no. is AW60118 and their number is 02250699090*
Old 29th July 2022, 13:07   #6332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Sometimes I wonder why don’t Auto OEMs partner with GMaps and lets say a couple of music streaming platforms to just provide their apps as in-built?
Making an Android app and that too an app as complex as Google Maps compatible with a specific OEM requires huge development resources. Google apps specifically rely heavily on native Android sub-systems.

On the other hand, OEMs can themselves develop app using the Google Maps API. Tesla is one such company that does this. But then Google charges a specific amount per API request and eventually the OEM will need to charge you for navigation access. That's exactly what Tesla is doing now.

When every vehicle these days comes with AA and CarPlay it makes little sense to put in resources which will ultimately result in a sub-standard product.

Quote:
Does one really need Apple CarPlay now?
CarPlay is most definitely needed. The interface is not only consistent across the cars you use (which helps with muscle memory) but it's also very performant. It is performant because all processing and interface rendering is done using phone and most OEM clusters can never match it.

You also get access to some of your favourite 3rd party apps such as podcast players, waze, audible, etc.
Tanmay007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 13:40   #6333
BHPian

Quote:
Had the native maps app been more efficient, I would have been happy with it, as while its graphic display is phenomenal (GMaps should learn), its routes and traffic information is quite poor. If your not so much worried about alternate routes or traffic then, its much better than GMaps.
Yes, even I wish the in-built map function was seamless. MapMyIndia is severely lacking in the user-friendly department too. Agree that nothing can beat Google Maps when it comes to seamless functionality and ease of use. Have tried using the native Map multiple times and have been ridiculously disappointed every time, so finally stopped using it altogether.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 15:49   #6334
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody please post the old prices of Extended warranty which were in effect before the price increase on 25th July.

I made a mistake of choosing to buy the extended warranty with the dealer.
The delivery date of my car was on 20th July and the dealer has not punched in the extended warranty as expected of them. Now the dealer has started hinting that prices have gone up.

It is purely dealer mistake as they do not do their work with proper ethics and on time, now probably i have to fight it out with dealer as my delivery date was before price increase
Also any inputs and suggestions regarding this situation is much appreciated.

Last edited by sridhar24 : 29th July 2022 at 15:52.
Old 29th July 2022, 15:59   #6335
BHPian

The Adrenox Apple Watch app now works! You can start the car and view info from Apple Watch.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-adrenoxapplewatch.jpg
Tanmay007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 19:17   #6336

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Can somebody please post the old prices of Extended warranty which were in effect before the price increase on 25th July.

I made a mistake of choosing to buy the extended warranty with the dealer.
The delivery date of my car was on 20th July and the dealer has not punched in the extended warranty as expected of them. Now the dealer has started hinting that prices have gone up.

It is purely dealer mistake as they do not do their work with proper ethics and on time, now probably i have to fight it out with dealer as my delivery date was before price increase
Also any inputs and suggestions regarding this situation is much appreciated.
I paid 22,999 for AX7 L D AT, 4th and 5th year. Opted (and paid) for the extended warranty at the time of delivery but it was activated after almost 60 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_2022072918301311_db90cd8c5aff551157a5279c0fe441fb3.jpg  

KishKush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 20:00   #6337
BHPian

I wrote the following email to CUSTOMERCARE@mahindra.com yesterday:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
I booked XUV 700 AX7 L AWD on 07 Oct 2021.
My OTF number is OTF22D000×××.
The car was delivered to me on 01 July 2022 by Automotive Manufacturers RP Road Secunderabad, Hyderabad, on payment of full amount. My chassis number is N6Fxxxxx.

I however found three items missing from the car compared to the brochure given at the time of order booking:-
1. Wireless Apple Carplay.
2. Sequential Turn indicators.
3. Second Key.

The dealer informed me that these items would be fitted free of cost at a later date. He also took a consent letter for two of these items (serial 2 and 3).

However, I feel aggrieved that Mahindra has taken full amount from me and delivered a short product.

I request you to throw light on the above deficiencies and the planning ahead please.
Thanking you
×××
×××××290" email ends.

This afternoon, I got a call from Mahindra, verifying my particulars and 15 min later I received a reply mail as below:-

Reply..."Dear Sir,*
Greetings from Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd!*
Thank you for your time over the call.*
We understand your requirement, however, at this stage due to the supply chain constraints, we will be able to provide one remote key. The 2nd key will be given to you as soon as it is made available.*The estimated timeline for Apple Car Play (Applicable for all AX variants) is 10th August'22.**

Regarding the sequential Turn indicators,*we will get back to you as soon as we get a confirmation of the availability of a tail lamp with a sequential turn indicator.

Please bear with us in the meanwhile.*
Thanks & Regards,

Mxxx Kxxx

Customer Experience -Automotive Division" reply ends
ColAjayDrives is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 22:56   #6338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
So, after the Scorpio-N launch, Mahindra has quietly added and removed a few important features from the XUV7OO's lineup. The changes are:-

Additions:-
AX7:
- Normal Cruise Control.

I can see adaptive cruise control mentioned under ADAS in old brochure. But in new one just Cruise control is mentioned. Does this mean they have removed the adaptive feature of cruise control from AX7?
RedMaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 01:03   #6339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishKush View Post
I paid 22,999 for AX7 L D AT, 4th and 5th year. Opted (and paid) for the extended warranty at the time of delivery but it was activated after almost 60 days.
Please note that ₹22999 is excluding taxes. Including taxes the price for D AT came to ~27k. Price is different (lower) for petrol and manual variant.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 17:02   #6340

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
I can see adaptive cruise control mentioned under ADAS in old brochure. But in new one just Cruise control is mentioned. Does this mean they have removed the adaptive feature of cruise control from AX7?
Have the same question, have booked mine in Feb SA is telling me it'll be delivered by feb 2022
Old 30th July 2022, 17:33   #6341
BHPian

Scorpio N received 1 lakh bookings and they plan to deliver 20k by December 2022. Looks like Scorpio N customers are heading for a similar waiting pain as us XUV700 lot!
Old 30th July 2022, 21:33   #6342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusjp View Post
Have the same question...
Sorry to ruin your evening, but Adaptive cruise control is now available in the AX7 L variant only, and has been deleted from the other variants. There are some more deletions as well. You must read the detailed post by TBHPian RavenAvi in this thread some days back:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5366642 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
sandeepmdas is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 21:40   #6343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Sorry to ruin your evening, but Adaptive cruise control is now available in the AX7 L variant only, and has been deleted from the other variants.
It sucks to be honest. I was looking forward to it from long back and it was one of my must have feature in car. Honestly I feel cheated. Don't know why Indian customers have to pay one of the highest prices and still have no consumer protection laws.

Attachment 2339996

The fine print in new brochure still mentions adaptive cruise control. It might be carry over from old one or there is some miscommunication
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220730-213937.jpg  

Last edited by RedMaw : 30th July 2022 at 21:42.
RedMaw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 21:58   #6344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It sucks to be honest. ... Honestly I feel cheated. Don't know why Indian customers have ..no consumer protection laws.
Adding salt to the wound is the fact that MM won't allow you to change the variant at all. Wanna pamper yourself by upgrading your booking from AX7 to AX7 L? Cancel it, do a fresh booking and wait for a couple of years.

Cannot answer your query as I am not sure about it. Definitely other better-informed TBHPians will answer. You might want to invite the attention of our distinguished member RavenAvi perhaps.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 30th July 2022 at 21:59.
sandeepmdas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 23:23   #6345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Was this so called letter issued during PDI or was it issued during delivery?
This was during delivery.
Sandegov is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks