Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2023, 22:19   #7966

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
All these days I was blaming Mahindra for not able to connect Android auto to my OnePlus Nord 2. Today received software update for OnePlus Nord 2 (Current version is 13) and bingo Android auto is connected and up and running.

So in my experience the issue is with your mobile software and not with XUV's.
Hi, i see that my OnePlus 9pro doesn't connect to Android auto in my xuv700. Can anyone please help? When i went to the dealership, the SA's oppo and other phones connected and worked like a charm .

Looking forward for your Suggestions and solutions
Old 25th February 2023, 22:55   #7967

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
Now the latest status reflect 'Order under Planning' but delivery dates shows 26 Apr 2024.
Instead of nearing delivery date, it moved from Nov23 to Apr 24

As usual, I called my SA, at Sireesh Auto, Bangalore 2-3 times (like always) , when he answered the call and said he will get back to me.
This time I got little frustated because I never get any update on dates or price hike or anything from him without me calling him few times which is followed by his usual answer.

Today, politely I expressed my discomfort about his absence of communication on status where afterwards he said he will get back to me by tomorrow 12 pm on actual status

Sometime dealing with wrong person, makes whole experience a bitter in taste
Hi, From another city but wanted to convey that in the FB XUV group there has been some complaints regarding some dealer in Bangalore (could be this one Sireesh) about lack of response/delays/asking extra money for this packages/that accessories.

My booking in similar stage in a different City. The SA was great & said they will try to give me the car in the next 2-3 months (waiting for 2-3 months now) assuming some cancellation. No extra charges asked, no accessories asked for (Except 1 year Warranty extension). They said to take Insurance from Showroom otherwise insurance claims will have to handled separately & agreed to reduce Insurances price from quoted figure by 5-10K. The accessories quoted are @ 10-15% higher vs M2all but include installation/Taxes & they agreed to reduce somewhat in-case spend is around 40-50K.

Would like to know from other posters about what accessories they are looking @ & how has the experience been after using them.

I am looking @ Sidesteps & Rear Guard for protection, 7D Mats, Illuminated Scuff plates & Mud flap. The Chrome & Applique bit look more decorative pieces which I might later regret spending. Happy to hear from people on this now that people have used the car for many months !
Old 26th February 2023, 07:12   #7968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
I am looking @ Sidesteps & Rear Guard for protection, 7D Mats, Illuminated Scuff plates & Mud flap. The Chrome & Applique bit look more decorative pieces which I might later regret spending. Happy to hear from people on this now that people have used the car for many months ![/b]
I got side steps and rear guard from the showroom and they are better than what my neighbour has installed from external accessories shop. Didn't go for 7D mats as advised in this forum (small children = difficult to remove and clean regularly) so went for 3D mats. Illuminated scuff plates I got done in the showroom and they are worth it. Looks super premium although they don't have much utility. Mud flap from showroom as well. Must say I didn't really explore alternatives as I didn't want the hassle to park the car in a shop straight after delivery.

Last edited by GPJ_23 : 26th February 2023 at 07:13. Reason: Typo
Old 26th February 2023, 09:35   #7969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
One plus side of this is the better fuel efficiency. I am now getting 8-9 Kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic / short runs.
This is some really healthy improvement! Could you share how much you were getting in city traffic before this?
Are other petrol owners also noticing an uptick in mileage after these upgrades?
Old 26th February 2023, 17:06   #7970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
This is some really healthy improvement! Could you share how much you were getting in city traffic before this?
Are other petrol owners also noticing an uptick in mileage after these upgrades?
Hi, I was getting between 5-7 earlier in bumper to bumper traffic. I am yet to do a Highway run of the car after service. If it is anything above 11 I am more than happy.
I wanted to know if others have observed similar change in the throttle response & gearshifts after service.
nickelniks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 18:04   #7971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagen_rao View Post
Hi, i see that my OnePlus 9pro doesn't connect to Android auto in my xuv700. Can anyone please help? When i went to the dealership, the SA's oppo and other phones connected and worked like a charm .

What a coincidence, today I went with my friend for a TD again and while he was driving, I was trying to connect my OnePlus 9pro to A Auto wirelessly. It paired successfully but never connected.
When on Infotainment, I checked settings >Phone, it showed my phone and icons next to it... call, music were shown connected but Android Auto wasnt.
Tried multiple times, it suggested to restart Bluetooth on phone, but nothing worked
My phone works fine with wired Android Auto on my Ignis
Old 26th February 2023, 18:27   #7972
BHPian

Just got my first service done where the silver box was flashed and firmware was updated from 8.01.42 to 10.14.12.

After this update the technician was wanting to log in the Alexa through his mobile phone. When I stopped him and asked him to register with my Amazon ac instead as before, he said with the new update the window down and open sunroof controls would work only if alexa is logged in via his phone. And wouldn't work if I logged with my ac.

Though I did not buy his argument, I let him login via his phone thinking that I would later log out and log in again with my ac.

He logged in and showed all the window open , ac on, ac off, sunroof open close commands were working perfectly.

Later when I reached home I logged out of his Alexa ac and logged in with my own.

And to my shock, none of these commands were working now. Upon issuing any of these commands, Alexa replies "This device does not support car control commands"

Music playback and other commands are working fine though.

Anyone else faced this issue?

Wouldn't logging into your cars alexa with someone else ac be a possible privacy / data breach?
vikash49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 20:29   #7973
BHPian

News posts and rumours about the facelift seem to have disappeared! I am still not able to convince myself to buying a 30L car without an auto dimming IRVM and ventilated seats.

Last edited by GhostRider28 : 26th February 2023 at 20:30. Reason: others
Old 26th February 2023, 20:36   #7974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider28 View Post
News posts and rumours about the facelift seem to have disappeared! I am still not able to convince myself to buying a 30L car without an auto dimming IRVM and ventilated seats.
I am not sure if misisng these 2 features is a deal breaker for a car which offers so much and there is hardly any tough competition in this price range.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 23:15   #7975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
The Black Panther Comes Home

After exactly 14 Months to the date, finally our AX7L P AT (Mdnt Blk) was delivered today.

The 14 months was a very excruciating and painful wait but this forum and all its members kept the enthusiasm alive.

Shall post in detail on my Booking : Waiting : PDI : Delivery experience pretty soon.
Completed a month of ownership this week and nearly 1700 on the Odo. My experience with the vehicle so far has been pretty good. To be fair, the machine grows on you slowly but steadily. Had 1 long outstation trip right after taking delivery and 1 short one post first servicing. The experience with both these trips are quite contrasting (More below).

To begin with, the Pre-Delivery Experience
Ever since I received the message in August 2022 regarding status change from Booked to 'Order Under Planning', I had been hoping for a delivery by Nov at least. This was based on their earlier SMS in the beginning of the year, that there would be 2 messages, 2 months and 1 month prior to delivery. Alas, these were just wishful thinking. Good thing was that the portal date of Delivery between 27-Dec to 26-Jan remained constant. So around beginning of Nov, I gave a call to the SA and was promptly informed that expected allotment would be on 14th Nov. Wow! Wasn't expecting that at all. Still keeping fingers crossed, I waited. 14th Nov, came and went with no news. I waited for a couple of days more and on 16th Nov, gave a call to the SA again. To my surprise, he gave me a delivery date of Jun 2023! Shockingly, no explanation of the previous communicated date. This was completely unacceptable, given that the portal date had not moved at all.
So next thing in my mind was to get things clarified through appropriate channel. Somehow, I was not convinced with the SA's explanation and was suspecting that some allotments are being shuffled around. Around first week of Dec, I called up customer care, who suggested a few steps to follow. They also provided the contact details of the General Manager of the dealership. I put all discussions and communication details in writing to bookingsupport[at]mahindra[dot]com, escalating to the GM in copy. Things moved quickly with the booking team giving a call back and also forwarding the email to the ASM. I spoke to the GM after a week, and he assured that I will get a confirmed date of allotment within promised date, once the Dec list is received by 14th of the month.
While I left it at that, hoping that things will not get stalled now, in the second week of Jan, got a call from SA that vehicle has been allotted and is in transit and that I should initiate financing process. Happy New Year indeed! Since, I was going through Company Lease, wasn't much concerned about delays on that front. I asked him to share the VIN details, which was answered with a Yes (Albeit I had my doubts that he will do so immediately). And as expected, information was withheld stating that PO is yet to be received, they need internal approvals etc. I had also enquired if there is a price change, and was answered in the negative. Patiently, while I waited for the PO to be issued in a few days, the status on the portal changed to 'Vehicle at Dealership' in just 6 days (As against the 10 days mentioned by the dealership). A little bit of pushing and finally the VIN was shared along with Form22 snapshot. Quick check and was happy to find that it is a Jan manufactured vehicle (P6A). Of course, the drama wasn't over yet. IN exactly 2 days of receiving the PO, dealership called and mentioned that they have received updated price list and price has changed upwards of 50K!
Once I confirmed on payment modalities et all, asked them for a PDI date of 21st Jan (Saturday) and my preferred delivery slot and time for the 24th Jan (Tuesday) morning. This I was told was doable. I went for the PDI on Saturday morning and was promptly taken to the vehicle which was parked along with 3 other new cars of the same variant.

PDI was done satisfactorily with no interference from the dealership. However, the only thing that they didn't allow was to take the car for a spin around the block. Odometer showed a mere 25 kms, which I was happy with. Then we went to finalize the accessories. Chose the rear crash guard, mud flaps, pedal covers, illuminated scuff plates, Side-Steps and chrome plated rain visors (To match the chrome at the base of the windows). I was then asked to wait while team initiated registration of the vehicle on Parivahan portal. OTP was received received and shared with the team, while I was at the dealership and the process was completed in 15 mins. Even got Adrenox KYC completed while I was there.
I left the dealership re-confirming the delivery date of Tuesday and got a response in the affirmative. By the time I reached back home, had received SMS from MoRTH with registration number.

Delivery Day
Wife & I started early in a taxi, having messaged the SA and were informed that everything is as per plan. The dealership being on PC road, travelling from South Bangalore on a working day was a long journey. While almost 10 mins away from the showroom, I got a call from the SA stating that number plates are not ready and he can only deliver the car in the evening. I was shocked and absolutely livid at this unprofessional attitude of the team. Didn't hesitate letting them know and told them point blank, to do what they can and get things done; I shall be taking delivery in next 1 hour in any case!
Speak about spoiling the mood while one wants to remain calm on such an auspicious occasion. Anyway, by the time we reached, the SA was frantically making calls and we were asked to wait for 30 mins while they got things ready. It was 9.45AM and I had informed them delivery timeframe (Panchang consulted et al) so with a customer waiting, things were not looking very rosy.
Thankfully, they managed to get the number plates ready and fixed on time. We got a walkthrough of documentation, Insurance, WYH activation, etc. Adrenox activation had been done over the weekend. Then as we went to the delivery area, another member of the team, gave a full demo of the features. The Odo was at 28 kms, so not much change since the PDI 3 days ago. Since I was in a hurry and wanted to take the car to the temple on the way back, I didn’t wait for Alexa activation (I did that later once back home - Simple enough process but absolutely needs a good network area for the e-sim, which in my case being a VI network has its own challenges in certain areas). Least expected before we drove off, I just asked them if there was enough petrol in the car, and surprise-surprise, they had forgotten all about it! One of the staff members rushed to get the same in a can, and we were delayed further. Finally after a forgettable delivery experience, we managed to reach the temple just before it closed, got the Puja done satisfactorily and the Black Panther was finally Home!

Post Delivery
Initial Few rides were quite measured, slow and steady. Getting used to the beast takes a bit of time with all the numerous controls at hand.
We took a long outstation trip 2 days after taking delivery of the vehicle. Nearly 700 kms round trip. Managing speeds around 80kmph with this machine was a task for sure. You know what it can do, but every time the pedal goes down, that voice at the back of your mind pulls you back!

Nevertheless, the long highway route allowed me to test the Adaptive cruise control as well as the other features.
  • So for now, my comfort settings on ADAS are to keep the AEBS feature limited to front collision warning (within city) and fully activated on highways. Lane keep assist and Smart Pilot switched off at all times. I did try using both of these with Adaptive cruise control and the system really does what it says. Navigation is almost automatic with all warnings displayed appropriately including reminders to keep hands on steering wheel at all times (in case detected to have been removed). The AEBS is extremely sensitive to the vehicle in the front. If used independently, it is sure to wear off the brake discs pretty fast. To avoid this, I have been manually overriding the ACC when detecting front vehicle slowing down (by gently pressing the accelerator - this doesn't de-activate ACC), of course, maintaining safe speeds and distances.
  • The petrol engine is a fuel guzzler. Even on the highways, at speeds between 80-90, I was able to extract around 12-13 kmph. Hoping for a better highway run FE post putting on a few more thousand kms on the Odo.
  • The ICE is not of much interest yet. I am primarily an android user, so haven't bothered with the carplay update yet. Exploring the pre-installed apps, nothing really caught my attention, except maybe for the accuweather and Zomato apps (currently provides addresses and call options to the restaurants).
  • Android Auto (Wireless) works seamlessly when it does. However, there have been multiple instances of it getting disconnected abruptly. I'm yet to upgrade the software version. Was informed by the CoTek on my last visit that they have a stable version available now, but need 2 hours to complete the upgrade process. Shall plan in a couple of months, maybe. I don’t really miss the Carplay - just that the 'coming soon' on the display is a tad bit annoying (giving a feeling of incompleteness)!
  • Sound quality from the Sony speakers is pretty good and very clear.
  • The sunroof, or skyroof as M&M puts it, is simply marvelous. I like to keep it fully uncovered (with the glass shut). The amount of light getting into the cabin, gives a sense of openness and great space around you.
  • The EPB is a great new addition and putting the car in P mode automatically activates the EPB; a very convenient and thought through addition.
  • Micro-hybrid (Auto Start/Stop) feature is actually good, and I find it convenient in peak traffic hours or on highways, equally. I know this is a very debatable feature which most users are not happy about. However, in my experience, while the feature does gets activated as expected, there is a way to override it (Without deactivating through the manual switch). I have noticed that to activate the auto stop, one needs to press the brake pedal a bit hard. A little light footedness to avoid pressing the brakes hard does keep the engine running.

There are a few things though which I miss from the 5OO.
  1. The mood lighting being one of them. This has been mentioned a few times on this forum, and it was one feature which was really nice to have.
  2. Additionally, I feel the specs holder above the IRVM, is not of such great quality. Same can be said about the SOS call button flip cover. Somehow the plastic seems flimsy.
  3. The armrest storage was in two layers which has been changed to just a single storage with temperature control.
  4. Also, the storage space above the dashboard was good to keep wallets and few change - shouldn't have been removed in the 7OO.

First Service (1000 Km)
Exactly 2 days after the Panther came home, we had a planned trip to Coimbatore, which was quite an enjoyable drive (Barring the city traffic at Coimbatore). However, the car handling throughout was amazing. While I was driving in a measured fashion, and really itching to go beyond 80kmph, managed to control the urge throughout the onward and return journey. Got an FE of around 13KM/L on the MID for the entire trip of around 700Kms.

Post return, and at just over 1000 kms in the next 2 weeks, I took the car for its first service to Sireesh Auto at Basapura road (Off Hosur Road). I must say, it was such a pleasant experience. The SA knew his job pretty well. Delivered the car within 2 hours as promised, while I waited at the service centre. I had forgotten to get the SD card installed during this service which I simple called up after 10 days, and was asked to walk-in on any working day early - it being a 10 mins job. Got the same done last week (carrying my own 32GB Class-10 SD card - No pressure to buy the SD card from the service centre), and finally the continuous DVR works.

Once the servicing was completed, we planned an impromptu trip to Mysore over the subsequent weekend. This was an amazing drive with a) the superb expressway and b) going full throttle on the Panther. Didn't try Cruise control on the trip, and absolutely stable drive even at triple digits. Momentarily, I touched 135 kmph, and it didn’t even feel like the car was going at that speed. Of course, this also meant the FE being lower at an average of around 10KM/L. The petrol AT is definitely not for the FE conscious, bit to enjoy the drive. I still believe I will be able to squeeze some more mileage with some light footed driving. Let's see.

Signing off for now and thanks for reading this rather long post!
IvanBiv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 23:38   #7976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagen_rao View Post

Most of the one plus and realme models have issues with Android auto connectivity in XUV 700.

Its more of the mobile problem than car's.

Time to buy a new mobile
Old 27th February 2023, 08:35   #7977
BHPian

I wanted to share my waiting experience with XUV700, almost into the mid-point of waiting (hopefully!).

I booked my XUV700 AX7L D-AT, on 9-Oct-2022 in Bangalore. We did this despite some disappointing visits to a few Mahindra showrooms, had posted some earlier comments (Mahindra XUV700 Review). I was convinced of the Product however, after a wonderful short test ride in the night with PPS Mahindra, and lots of Youtube binge watching, plus shifting through BHP-ian comments on this thread.

Post-Booking with Mahindra

Immediately after booking online, I had requested my dealer to update the color to Midnight Black, which was processed on the portal in 2-3 days. I noted that booking moved from "Booking Complete->Order Completed->Order in Planning" in about 2 weeks. The Delivery Date was set to Feb-March-2024, so almost 18 months after booking. I was also in no hurry, but I underestimated the waiting pangs.

Since then I have been patiently waiting for updates on the portal, with zero contact with the Dealer. I started visiting the booking portal. Initially I visited 2-3 times a day, then daily, and now once a week. But there were no updates for nearly 5 months from Mahindra...

Whats with Hycross?
In the meantime, scary stories of Mahindra Service Experiences and Bugs on the early launches in this forum appeared. I had also some apprehensions on Diesel as a fuel, especially with BS6 Stage 2 RDE changes expected in April 2023.

I started hearing more about Innova Hycross Hybrid and it looked that would be a resounding success as well. Not to take chances with another 18 month waiting, I booked that one as well in November, before it was launched in early December 2022. While the dealer experience in Toyota were very pleasant, the external looks of the Hycross when it launched was never convincing as a SUV - it was almost trying too hard to pretend a SUV, and trying to hide its van looks. Even when we physically visited Hycross in Feb 2023, it was disappointing to see the bland interiors. There were some comparisons with the Toyota Highlander in Bhp forums, but I visited US and rode on Highlander as well, and can say that the Hycross feels far more timid with smaller wheels and a elongated base that makes the Hycross essentially a Van. So while the Hybrid value proposition is good, both in Internal looks and external looks the Hycross didn't exactly thrill me or my better half.

I was also looking for a shoot out between XUV700 and Hycross to appear in Youtube, but till date none has appeared. It seems Hycross is getting delivered even before Test Ridden by owners or analyzed by the Pundits, in big contrast to the XUV700 launch. Note that unlike Mahindra, there is no transparency in order status in Toyota and it seems to be a fully manual process at Dealer Level. Full marks to Mahindra for a 21st century Digital Order Booking & Status Process & Call Centre followups on post booking.

In summary, yet to test ride the Hycross but will most likely cancel the booking, due to its dull character and its impending commercial Taxi segment launch.

XUV700 is a solid 2023 choice

Meanwhile, I started to feel that the early complaints of the XUV700 started reducing in this forum, which started to provide me some confidence on ownership experience. I am also seeing some positive responses on Service Centres of Mahindra in Bangalore, which is certainly helping me gain confidence on the Ownership experience. Thanks to Bhp-ians in this forum for honest reviews, something that cannot always be said for Youtube review.

I also researched online about Diesel as a fuel (never considered Petrol variant, due to its low FE). I noted that unlike BS-Stage4, the BS-Stage6 norms bring Diesel CO & NOX emissions nearly equal to that of Petrol! So if Petrol stays as a fuel of choice, then why not Stage6 Diesel? Yes, DPF could be a issue, but doesnt seem like a road block for me, especially when not living in Delhi NCR.

XUV is solid choice in 2023 and beyond

Also out of the blue, I received a text message from Mahindra, updating that my Delivery date has been pre-poned now to October 2023. Here was the message

"Hello XXXX We can't wait to see you behind the wheel of your very own Mahindra XUV700. We've been working overtime to ramp-up production of the XUV700 and have also benefited from improvements in the supply of critical parts, which helps us to deliver your XUV700 earlier than promised. Track the incoming exhilaration at: https://auto.mahindra.com/myaccount/view-all-bookings. We look forward to having you as a part of the Mahindra family soon. TnC Apply. Team Mahindra."

I also heard that Mahindra is looking to introduce Ventilated Seats and auto-dimming IRVM in a XUV700 product Refresh later this year, something that I am hoping to get. Not sure of price rises though!!

Plus on some other bits that entered the mind subconsciously: the XUV700 has been receiving good reviews in International markets like South Africa as well, so its of international quality. Also, I have noted that Mahindra is gearing up for XUV700 launch in full Electric mode in 2026, so gives me a sense that I can upgrade to EVs from Mahindra.

So I am crossing my fingers, and looking forward to be a owner of XUV700! Onto the next 6-8 months wait!
mk600 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 18:56   #7978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
Hi, I was getting between 5-7 earlier in bumper to bumper traffic. I am yet to do a Highway run of the car after service. If it is anything above 11 I am more than happy.
I wanted to know if others have observed similar change in the throttle response & gearshifts after service.
Could you share the software version? While I have not experienced any jerky driving issues, my mileage as you mention doesn't go beyond 6-7 on internal RR Nagar runs or bumper to bumper traffic and 8-9 late night or airport runs. Only time I have seen 14 kmpl on the screen is on a highway drive while on cruise mode between 80-90 kmph. To put things in perspective, I took the delivery on Jan 6, 2023.
Old 27th February 2023, 19:24   #7979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
Thanks to Bhp-ians in this forum for honest reviews, something that cannot always be said for Youtube review.
Absolutely the honesty and the genuinity of BHPians cant be compared and Most of Youtubes Review cant be trusted (see this example from well known Influencer, instead review, its look more of ad or paid promotion)

This is because of support and guidance from this forum, I am holding my XUV700 Booking patiently and hoping to get the delivery soon.
And I am not sure if I should mention this here at this stage of my booking. But Someone from M&M (kudos to him/her) read my post of my experiences on this thread and I got a call from Dealer ASM to know my Pain points after booking.
Old 27th February 2023, 21:28   #7980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Wouldn't logging into your cars alexa with someone else ac be a possible privacy / data breach?
This doesn't look right; you should escalate this. User manual also recommends logging in using your account; see section 1.11.

I had logged in using my account when I got the car and Alexa had worked as expected. I shall definitely double check later I am still logged-in with my account or ASC changed it. I can still see the car under my devices in Amazon, confirming I had indeed set it up using my account.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks