Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2022, 22:51   #766
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Guys please change the stock wipers. They are of horrible quality. With less than 3000kms and one monsoon the blades have already come out of their holder. Seems to be a major quality issue. I just hope my glass is not scratched. If any one had replaced their wipers please share pics with links and details Here are a few pics.
Better to go with frameless wipers as they look sleek on a sedan. You can opt for Bosch ones, they clean nicely and are fairly long lasting. Been using frameless wipers on my City and Rapid for some years now.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 14:58   #767
BHPian

Virtus GT Updates - Part 4

Delivery Date: 27th September 2022
ODO: 1300KM

1000KM Inspection

As directed when buying the car, I took in the VGT for its first visit to the workshop for its 1st inspection due at 1000KM, although I had planned to take it as close to 1K km as possible, ended up going after 1300KM as I was busy during the Diwali rush.

The regular inspection took place and they looked at a few issues that I had with the car

1. Felt the alignment wasn't OK and the steering was off by a few degrees when the car was driving straight - Couldn't fix this as the alignment machine was not working, was asked to bring the car back once they had this fixed

2. Wanted to replace the horn with something with a bit more depth - This was completed in 10 mins, cost 3000 and the horn is now in line with the character of the car, it was a coupler-to-coupler job with no wiring adjustments required

3. AC was making a weird noise every few mins and only cooled when the noise was audible - They checked the gas levels and it was a bit higher than recommended - The gas was collected by the machine, vacuum run for 15 mins, and refilled. The issue is now gone and the AC cools as per my expectations!

Other random tidbits - inquired about the ceramic coating and underbody coating options from the showroom, and was offered a package of 36K to do the entire car's ceramic coating + underbody coating, I skipped this as it seemed more expensive than what is offered outside despite being offered a 15% discount.

Was given a car shampoo, scrubber, and windshield washer fluid as part of the welcome package.

Oddly enough, when leaving the showroom, the driver-side window stopped working. Restarted the car and it started working again, I ignored this for now and hope that nothing is wrong here - did anyone notice this problem? I then had to recalibrate it by keeping it pressed down when fully rolled down and then pulled up when fully rolled up for 3 - 5 seconds each before the auto down and auto up started working again.

So far my experience with the car has been superb, I've been getting an average of about 14kmpl during my city drives and once touched 20kmpl during a relaxed drive at night. I don't regret buying the Virtus GT.

That's all for now!

Last edited by vividhavasthi : 31st October 2022 at 15:07. Reason: Missed bullet points for the issue list
vividhavasthi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 15:12   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Better to go with frameless wipers as they look sleek on a sedan. You can opt for Bosch ones, they clean nicely and are fairly long lasting. Been using frameless wipers on my City and Rapid for some years now.
Hi, would you know the sizes for the Virtus wipers? Will change to Bosch wipers - stock ones are already making a noise

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st October 2022 at 15:51. Reason: typo
Old 31st October 2022, 15:30   #769
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Hi, would you know the sizes for the Virtus wipers? Will change to Bosch wipers - stock ones are already making a noise
I am not sure on the size of wiper blades in Virtus. You can get to know the same either from manual or measure them using a tape They would be mostly 26" or 24" (large wiper) and 14" or 16" (smaller one).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st October 2022 at 15:51. Reason: quoted post edited
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 20:40   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Go to any shell outlet nearby. They'll check and install them for you.
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 11:24   #771
BHPian

I just test drove a Virtus GT and loved the way it drives. While it's no expert in handling potholes on beaten roads, the engine is quite a marvel and thoroughly loved how it pulls without a sweat. This drive had just added to my dilemma on the purchase itself as from the inside I think the Slavia looks and feels much better. I already own a 1.2 GT TSi (2015) and absolutely love and want to retain it till its last. Now I'm in the market for a second car which could be an SUV too. I drove the Compass Diesel AT and WOW, what a machine it is but sadly its way beyond my budget and I am worried about paying that amount and not being able to use the car to it optimum. 4X4 makes little sense while driving in the city and not sure whether the occasional holidaying would let me use that either. On an unrelated note, has anyone tried using the Homeloan overdraft prepaid amount to buy a car without loan? Would that amount continue to offer the interest benefit which HL's are entitled to unlike car loans. Suggestions are absolutely welcome.
SriniTSI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 16:04   #772
BHPian

Hey Guys, need help on deciding what color to buy. Got a call from my dealer that White GT is available. However as mentioned earlier my family is adamant on Red. I did enquire in 2 other dealerships and are of the same opinion that it may take 2-4 months or even more. I'm ready to wait until this month end if I can get a Red GT but there is no certainty. Can people suggest if should take the white and be done with the already long wait of 8 months or keep waiting until I actually get RED.
Old 3rd November 2022, 16:58   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Hey Guys, need help on deciding what color to buy. Got a call from my dealer that White GT is available. However as mentioned earlier my family is adamant on Red. I did enquire in 2 other dealerships and are of the same opinion that it may take 2-4 months or even more. I'm ready to wait until this month end if I can get a Red GT but there is no certainty. Can people suggest if should take the white and be done with the already long wait of 8 months or keep waiting until I actually get RED.
I was in the same situation, either I wait MONTHS, or there is a carbon steel grey available right now. My choice of color was the white. I don't regret it though.

I went with RIGHT NOW!

Last edited by vividhavasthi : 3rd November 2022 at 17:15. Reason: exact color of car updated
vividhavasthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 19:14   #774
BANNED

Quote:
I think the ball should be kept in your and your family's court. What if you take the white car based on forum suggestion and later see a red one and there you go to 'depression'. Why take depression pills because of someone else's suggestion . Check with your family first on whether they are ok with white colour and explain them the situation.

If you ask me, I like European cars in white colour, but that red on Rapid and Polo . I had to settle for a white Rapid Monte Carlo as my wife was adamant on 'not to have a red car'. But after living with my white car for a while I truly like the car in white especially with the Monte Carlo touches. But that red man!!! Hope you got my emotions.

Note: my brother own a red Rapid Monte Carlo.

Last edited by pavi : 3rd November 2022 at 19:15.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 19:20   #775
BHPian

Quote:
I would wait and get the colour of your choice. You have already waited 8 months, why not wait 2 more and get the colour that your family wants. A car is something you are going to be keeping for a while so when there is an opportunity to get things to your preference, you should take it up. That way you will not have any regrets later when you see a Red Virtus on the road.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 20:49   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Can people suggest if should take the white and be done with the already long wait of 8 months or keep waiting until I actually get RED.
I was in the same situation couple of months back, dealer asked to take a white GT as the customer to which it was allotted was having issues with loan.

I politely rejected that offer and mentioned I will wait for red GT, surprisingly in 10 days a RED GT popped up .

Note: Compared to white, Red would attract lot of dust along with attention .
Old 6th November 2022, 17:08   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriniTSI View Post
On an unrelated note, has anyone tried using the Homeloan overdraft prepaid amount to buy a car without loan? Would that amount continue to offer the interest benefit which HL's are entitled to unlike car loans. Suggestions are absolutely welcome.
Hi Srini,

I currently own a 2016 Honda Jazz with 50,000 km on the ODO and am looking to replace the vehicle with a Slavia/Taigun/Virtus. My Jazz has offered fuss-free ownership in 7 years. Heart says Slavia, but mind says stick to tried and tested fuss-free car models. What to do? Budget is around 14 lakh OTR. Since I work for a PSB, BH registration is not an issue and hence, this would make my LTT outlay from 3 lakh to 25000.

On your side note, a top-up loan taken on HL doesn’t give you IT benefits.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th November 2022 at 06:26. Reason: Edited for better readability
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 6th November 2022, 23:07   #778
BHPian

Finally replaced the stock wipers which were of horrible quality. Replaced them with DHC wipers. I have used these earlier in my Honda ivtec city and have never faced any issue.

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_124338.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_124406.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_124422.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_124413.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_124330__01.jpg

New wipers finally installed. Looks sleek and thinner than the oem. The driver side wiper is a 26 inch. When I compared the original and this side by side, the new one was an inch or so shorter. I forgot to take a pic of the left side. Tried and tested it, they work fine so far.
Volkswagen Virtus Review-img_20221106_124627.jpg
raycers_honda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 13:46   #779
BHPian

Hi everyone, Has anybody faced or solved the alignment/steering calibration side pull issue ? Have had this issue since I took the delivery itself.
The car veers to the left if I hold the steering exactly straight (where it should be). Tilt it slightly towards the left and it goes straight.
The service centre test driver/tester asked to leave it as it is and not 'open' a brand new car. I think they're not sure of this issue. Have read about it elsewhere on the forum and some scary stories of it not being resolved where service centre folks even tried the sub frame shift. Any leads on this ? Thanks in advance!
Old 10th November 2022, 19:44   #780
BHPian

Hi MDED! If I were in your position, I would have taken the plunge and gone ahead. Life is not that long to just stick around with serious (read not so fun) cars. Your likelihood of a getting a BH registration just pushes the point further I believe. I am living with the fear of DSG failure in my GT TSI, sooner or later but still looking at the same gearbox in the other cars while exploring purchase options - such is the predilection. Anyway, thanks for the tax bit which you have clarified.

If anyone thinks two DSG's in a household is too risky please shout out. I am all ears!
SriniTSI is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks