Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:51   #1981
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Has anyone watched " Department"? I saw a news article today of a fight between RGV and Dutt. Both are accusing each other of the moving sinking at the BO

RGV claimns Dutt intervened and changed screenplay and Dutt claims despite request of shooting with a normal camera, RGV shot it with an uncoventional camera ( same one used for Rakhta Charithra) resulted in jerky shots and he insisted on reshooting some scenes and because of that movie sank but, not without a trace

Both decided not to see each other's face ever in future.

Betting on RGV's rusted creative skills is a major risk for producers.

Bottomline: This article was just in time. I was planning to go for this movie tonight. I am richer by Rs.300
Old 29th May 2012, 07:19   #1982
Senior - BHPian

Saw Yami Gautam in a malayalam movie recently and liked her a lot; So decided to watch her hindi movie too! Vicky Donor is one of the best movies I've seen recently. An untold theme handled in a matured way with the right combination of humor, romance, and emotions. Awesome debut by Ayushmann and Yami. Must Watch!
Old 29th May 2012, 09:13   #1983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Has anyone watched " Department"? I saw a news article today of a fight between RGV and Dutt. Both are accusing each other of the moving sinking at the BO

RGV claimns Dutt intervened and changed screenplay and Dutt claims despite request of shooting with a normal camera, RGV shot it with an uncoventional camera ( same one used for Rakhta Charithra) resulted in jerky shots and he insisted on reshooting some scenes and because of that movie sank but, not without a trace

Both decided not to see each other's face ever in future.

Betting on RGV's rusted creative skills is a major risk for producers.

Bottomline: This article was just in time. I was planning to go for this movie tonight. I am richer by Rs.300
Update - Both have sorted out their differences now. You want to take a chance to blow 300 bucks ?
Old 1st June 2012, 18:51   #1984
Senior - BHPian

Watched "Department" today (Instead of Rowdy Rathore, but more on that later).

Movie is based on conventional Police/Politics/underworld culture in Mumbai. It is definitely not a hit nor I am giving it any full stars.

First issue is with the unusual camera angles which gave me headache, RGV experimented but failed. Initially it will look catchy but as movie progresses those unusual camera angles really want you to take your eyes off the screen.

The other problem was that there are too many murders/gun shots/encounters in very short period of time which looks unreal.

Nothing to write about the songs, the item number was too vulgar.

More or less there was issue with direction instead of acting/story. Good acting by Madhu Shalini, Rana Daggupatti, Sanjay Dutt, Amitabh Bacchan, and others including Vijay Raaz and Abhimanyu Singh.

But I will still recommend this movie as 'a strictly one time watch' to others as I never felt disconnected with the story and remained interested till the end.

And Now as I am writing this post news is coming that Rowdy Rathore is already a hit with over 17 crores opening on the first day breaking many records. I don't think I did a mistake by choosing 'Department' Over 'Rowdy Rathore' as from my past experiences Akshay Kumar's movies (Ex - Chandni Chowk to China) are declared flop on the same day but looks like Rowdy Rathore has done some magic. I will watch that as well very soon.

Bluevolt's rating - 2.5/5

Last edited by bluevolt : 1st June 2012 at 18:59.
Old 1st June 2012, 23:12   #1985
BHPian

Rowdy Rathore gets 1/5 from cnn ibns Rajeev Masand. Yet the audiences come out of the theatre singing the main song. Whats going on? Whos lying here?
Regards
Old 3rd June 2012, 02:54   #1986
Senior - BHPian

Just back home after watching 'Rowdy Rathore'.

Movies like Rowdy Rathore (Including Singham and Dabang) are like same notes of music played on different types of Pianos (Baby Piano or Grand Piano). The music notes are same but sound is different due to difference in instrument's capability (Grand Piano is Dabang whereas Baby Piano is Singham/Rowdy Rathod).

I don't know how this movie collected over 15 crores on the day 1 of it's release, may be this poster (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-a6tvpcowR6...dy-rathore.jpg) of Sonakshi Sinha did the trick.

Paresh Ganatra acted better than Akshay Kumar. What else I can write.

The movie is a 'SERIOUS' one time watch (If you really want to watch after seeing the above poster) and please don't expect anything from this movie (the item numbers are no eye candy either). Poor story, poor shooting locations, unrealistic fight scenes and third class songs, A complete recipe of a flop movie but Akki's stars are in his favour as far as grossing is concerned (including my contribution of 600 rupees-we were 4 people).

Leave your brains at home and enjoy the movie (if you can).

BlueVolt's Rating - 1.5/5

Last edited by bluevolt : 3rd June 2012 at 02:59.
Old 3rd June 2012, 07:49   #1987
BHPian

As a masala movie, Rowdy Rathode is an
entertainer. Something in the breed of
Wanted,Singham and Dabangg.
Don't think of any logic and RR is a good
timepass affair.
Finally a Akshay Kumar movie that's watchable.
# The original 'Vikramakudu' was more
entertaining for sure.
Rating : 2.5/5
Old 3rd June 2012, 23:31   #1988
Senior - BHPian

Rowdy Rathore- Another mass masala flick by Prabhudeva, after Wanted. Akshay Kumar plays a double role as a cop and a thief. Its basicaly an action film with some comedy, song, dance elements added to it. Its the remake of telugu film Vikramarkudu which was later remade in tamil as Siruthai too. I felt both the tamil & telugu versions were better than this one, thanks to the energetic performances of Ravi Teja and Karthi (Heroes in telugu and tamil versions respectively). Here, Akshay Kumar was good in the action scenes but not as good as the south Indian actors in the comedy scenes. Sonakshi looks gorgeous and did her role well eventhough she didn't have much to do! Nasser did the villain role very well and created the needed impact. Kareena and Tamil superstar Vijay appears in the hero's intro song but they were not used properly.
This film will surely appeal to the masses. No wonder about the record opening collections. If you've enjoyed watching films like Dabangg or Singham you can try this one too.
Overall its a one time watch in theaters.

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th June 2012 at 11:18. Reason: Lets refrain from saying low class people. Replaced with Masses :)
Old 6th June 2012, 02:22   #1989
BHPian

I seriously dont understand this concept of "leaving my brains at home and watch a movie".
At this rate I'll have to leave my brain everytime I watch a movie.
These days the small budget movies are the ones that are coming out with good stories and star worthy acting. Small time actors/actresses are the ones coming out with good performances.

These over-hyped silly so-called-superstars and big budget directors are not worth spending a single dime on.

All they do is attract the general public with their larger than life Image and make cheesy appearances at every mall and TV serials and speak to journalists about how hard the latest role has been for them!!

And after they have managed to fool the public and break even the cost of production, they'll host a success party. (Just like how the Ritesh-Genelia movie Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya hosted one!! Ridiculous! )

I have stopped wasting my money on watching such dumb movies.
Start promoting movies like Kahaani, Paan Singh Tomar, Vicky Donor instead of these Ra.One and Ready and Bodyguard and what not!!!

People were going Gaga about how Sonakshi was all-amazing in Dabangg. She just had that one dialogue "thapad se darr nahi lagta pyaar se lagta hai"..!! And that lands her with the Best New-comer Female award. Ridiculous!

This is what happens when you leave your brains at home!

Last edited by arrowaby : 6th June 2012 at 02:26.
Old 8th June 2012, 11:58   #1990
Distinguished - BHPian

Rowdy Rathore

Prabhudeva completely understands the nerves of the masses and his movies grabs their attention and does not let go till the movie is completed.

Akshay Kumar has some of you already mentioned has played a different role after a real long time and is finally watchable after his repeated same wide toothy grinned movies. He plays the double role of a cop and thief with former an all-out action guy and latter with tendencies of humour.

First half was a bit slow and boring when they delved about the thief but, second half really picks up and was really entertaining till the end.

Akshay did a good job in both roles but, I agree south indian actors are better at humour than bollywood heros.

Sonakshi Sinha looked terribly pretty and did a fair job. Hope next movie she gets rid of that nose ring before she gets stereotyped

Nasser was just about ok and didnt instill any fear like his right hand man who indeed looked terrifying and in some action scenes overshadowed Askhay

The first song was really enjoyable where Kareena and Tamil star Vijay make a brief appearance which was not required and made no sense but, they were on screen for like 10 secs for which they were credited with "big hugs". Liked the brief dance of Prabhudeva along with Akshay, that man can still dance.

There was another song later on which was equally catchy and found that new style of hitting the table and saying " Dinki Chika, whatever" really hilarious and movies like these make money because its evident that masses love a healthy mixture of action, comedy, romance and emotion even though for most of us such movies make us go brain-dead.

Finally, I have no qualms in saying I enjoyed the movie as it was total paisa vasool type of flick except for some gory action scenes which are trademark of south indian pictures which could have been avoided

3/5
Old 8th June 2012, 12:49   #1991
Team-BHP Support

Am excited about Shanghai. Planning to catch it on the weekend

If only it had someone else play Emran Hashmi's character. Cannot stand him :X
Old 8th June 2012, 14:16   #1992
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Am excited about Shanghai. Planning to catch it on the weekend. If only it had someone else play Emran Hashmi's character. Cannot stand him :X
A trailer of Shanghai was shown when I watched RR. It didnt look too impressive.

Entire atmospher is dark and gloomy and not sure but, EH seems to play a retard in this movie ( atleast from the few dailogues that I saw)
Old 8th June 2012, 14:45   #1993
BHPian

a day after watching Rowdy Rathore, i casually was browsing through TV Channels and noticed a movie named Pratigath - The Revenge (actually a dubbing of telugu movie Vikramarkudu) only to find out minutes later that Rowdy Rathore is scene to scene copy of this one.
Old 8th June 2012, 15:18   #1994
Senior - BHPian

I feel Emraan hashmi is going to kill it with Shanghai ! This could be the role that changes his life !
Old 8th June 2012, 15:31   #1995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I feel Emraan hashmi is going to kill it with Shanghai ! This could be the role that changes his life !
When you say "Kill it" does it mean career defining role? Well, that's what he is quoting around in all publications and wants to even see reaction of his fans upfront in single screen and multiplexes

Let's see if his dream comes true

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks