Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 09:21   #2821
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
BAHUBALI Rating: 3.5-4/5

What a spectacular movie ! Except two totally useless songs, the entire movie is really a grand spectacle. The war sequences are breathtaking, gripping and innovative. Bahubali's simple but interesting idea to beat the enemy is a steal.

Bahubali's climb to the top of 'Jal Parbat' (Water mountain) is outstandingly shot and picturised. The visual effects and CGI are just too good for an Indian movie. All those who have watched THE LORD OF THE RINGS can very much relate (compare?) the setup. However, you will not be disappointed. There are resembling characters from LOTR in Bahubali like KATAPPA - GANDOLF, Kalakeya- ORKS, etc..The Mahishmati kingdom is fantastically shot and the set design is top notch. Its obviously a mix of CGI and real sets, but its mostly seamless.

The sound effects, background score and the music ( except two unwanted songs), is great too. One of the most memorable soundtrack is when the camera moves through the Mahishmati kingdom and its palaces, grounds, gardens. Kudos to the sound department.

Ofcourse, there are some silly flaws, but they are negligible, given the whole lot of positives of the movie. Go watch it in theaters. Its a must watch !!!
Baahubali really is a visual spectacle! It is the LOTR meets Avatar moment of Indian cinema. Bollywood eat your heart out. This movie makes you realize how tacky Dhoom3 was!

Deserves 5/5 for me. Cant wait for the finale.
Old 7th September 2015, 10:00   #2822
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Dharam Sankat Mein', plot was similar to OMG but how it has been handled was good. The movie bores in some parts, nothing more than just a timepass movie. Entertainment value 5.5/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
This movie makes you realize how tacky Dhoom3 was!
Dhoom 3 was utter garbage. I don't know why Aamir khan did that movie. No storyline, No music, No Thrills. It would be a disgrace to Baahubali and its makers, if we compare it with Dhoom 3.

Last edited by mercedised : 7th September 2015 at 10:02.
Old 7th September 2015, 12:35   #2823
BHPian

Watched "Welcome Back" yesterday. A laughter riot with amazing acting by Nana and Anil.
Missed having Akki, John couldn't do justice to the role or maybe that's what he was there for - to ensure focus stays on the 2 veterans.Anil Kapoor never looks older. Nazeeruddin Shah was a waste, didn't suit the role, quite surprised from the lack from such an accomplished actor.
Shiney Ahuja - the less said the better
The ladies on the movie - just to fill the screen space and songs. Nothing remarkable

In short, A must watch to have a good time (please don't use your brain and be prepared for a draggy ending). The punchlines are good and makes you laugh.

And yes, the Ferrari's, hummers and Toyota's were a treat to watch
Old 7th September 2015, 15:36   #2824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Baahubali really is a visual spectacle! It is the LOTR meets Avatar moment of Indian cinema. Bollywood eat your heart out. This movie makes you realize how tacky Dhoom3 was!

Deserves 5/5 for me. Cant wait for the finale.
Agreed ! I watched 3 times already in theater. Its the 2nd only dubbed movie which I have watched in theaters and probably only 2nd or 3rd movie which I have watched more than once in theater.

I will upgrade the rating to 4.5/5. The movie loses that half mark for two useless songs. Rest of the movie is phenomenal, considering indian movie standards.
Old 7th September 2015, 16:04   #2825
Team-BHP Support

Guys, which contemporary movies have you rated 5/5 ?

I can recall - Dil Chahta Hai, Rang De Basanti, Munnabhai MBBS, 3 Idiots, Bheja Fry, 13B().
Old 7th September 2015, 16:34   #2826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

I can recall - Dil Chahta Hai, Rang De Basanti, Munnabhai MBBS, 3 Idiots, Bheja Fry, 13B().
Very close to that rating would be Drishyam. For that matter I would rate Dhamaal or Andaz apna Apna for that slap stick comedy riot.
Old 13th September 2015, 10:46   #2827
BHPian

Is this thread dedicated to Hindi movies only? As movie lover, I would love to hear fellow BHPians views about other language movies too. Should we start another thread ? I have heard about Marathi movie Killa which was reviewed to be great and recently a Kannada movie Rangitaranga is making waves across the world & am sure there are many movies that are really worth watching. Thoughts?
Old 13th September 2015, 10:54   #2828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_hc View Post
Is this thread dedicated to Hindi movies only? As movie lover, I would love to hear fellow BHPians views about other language movies too. Should we start another thread ? I have heard about Marathi movie Killa which was reviewed to be great and recently a Kannada movie Rangitaranga is making waves across the world & am sure there are many movies that are really worth watching. Thoughts?
Sure go ahead. One of my favourite movies in the past couple of years is the Marathi 'Natrang'.

I'd like to see more regional movies that are not made for mainstream audiences and give a true glimpse of the regional culture.
Old 13th September 2015, 11:00   #2829
BHPian

there is a regional movies thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...es-thread.html
Old 13th September 2015, 15:55   #2830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Contemporary Hindi 5/5 I cannot think of any. Udaan (Anurag Kashyap's) comes close.

Did you really like Bheja Fry. The original French one (Le Diner de cons) is a world class comedy but I thought Bheja Fry was very boring and often irritating translation.
Old 13th September 2015, 16:54   #2831
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did you really like Bheja Fry. The original French one (Le Diner de cons) is a world class comedy but I thought Bheja Fry was very boring and often irritating translation.
I haven't seen the original so cannot comment. I simply loved Bheja Fry though
Old 13th September 2015, 19:21   #2832
BHPian

Quote:
My picks would be Dev D, Udaan, Gangs of Wasseypur (1/2), Madras Cafe and Barfi.
Old 13th September 2015, 19:26   #2833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I haven't seen the original so cannot comment. I simply loved Bheja Fry though
Oh you definitely should watch the original. Its a veritable laugh riot. Though the English translation (The Dinner Game) loses some of the contextual subtleties and associated humor.
Old 28th September 2015, 13:38   #2834
BHPian

Court : Hindi/Marathi/Gujarati -- India's official entry to the Oscars. Really!!

Rating : 2/5

This movie is not really a movie ... its a documentary. There is no story, no proper dialogues .. just plain speaking. I think the director's intention to make this movie is to show the real life workings of a court room, as against the masala movies showing 'me lord, hazir ho, objection etc.' dialogues. Also, in real life courts, there is no man standing with that red outfit announcing cases.

The lawyers, judge and policemen are also shown as those who are just trying to go through the various processes and procedures in the system. There is no empathy or sympathy shown by any of the govt officials. This shows how mechanical is the life of a govt servant and how they just don;t care about people whom they are supposed to service. One of the funniest or ironic scene is when a lady appears in the court in sleeveless top and the judge simply refuses to hear the case. In the last scene the judge is shown enjoying life outside of the court and is seen ranting over the high paying jobs in the private sector.

Thing to note is that the entire movie is shot through fixed cameras. No trolleys, no angles, just cameras fixed at specific points. Not even zooming.

This is selected as India's entry for Oscars, but I am not sure if this is worth that. Two years ago, the selectors ignored 'The LunchBox' which could have won. This time they have ignored 'Manjhi'.

Mods: I added this in Hindi movies thread though it is supposedly a Marathi movie. This is India's official entry to Oscars, so thought this would be an appropriate thread. If you see otherwise kindly move it to the other thread.

Last edited by sukhoi30 : 28th September 2015 at 13:39. Reason: corrected spelling
Old 7th October 2015, 05:38   #2835
Senior - BHPian

Saw Talvar.
Excellent attempt and brilliant acting by Irfan as usual. Movie is quite intense and depressing at times. They have created the 8 year before time period well but missed one technical shot when they showed current generation Red color Honda City in one shot. All in all a good watch.
Rating - 7.5/10

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks