Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2018, 11:03   #3106
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Raazi: 3.5/5
Could have been 4.5 I reduced 0.5 for actress & 0.5 for direction.
Haven't seen Alia Bhatt's movies before. She has done well, but the role required better performance.
Again the director has done well. The movie is gripping in parts. I felt the story required a little more drama, subplots.

Veere Di Wedding: 1.0/5
Never had any inclination of watching this. Somehow got pulled into this. I would have given 0.0, but for these:
0.5: The producer has spent money and provided employment to few 100 cinema folks.
0.5: The director had a minute intention of showing positivity in relationships (though in the movie it lasts for just a few minutes).
'Smoking Kills', 'Alcohol Kills' is almost permanently stamped on the screen since this movie is about 'liberated' women. Talking about breaking stereotypes
Old 7th June 2018, 11:27   #3107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
0.5: The producer has spent money and provided employment to few 100 cinema folks.

Sorry to be OT but this is pure gold.

The amount of memes on this movie are endless; people have been pretty ruthless. The problem with such movies is (another being Lipstick Under my Burkha), sex, smoking and drinking is promoted to be a sign and endorsement of empowerment.
Old 7th June 2018, 20:49   #3108
Senior - BHPian

I was reading user reviews of Veere Di Wedding on imdb.com and saw a ton of 10 star reviews and a bunch of 1 star reviews. Upon closer look, I found that almost all the 10 star reviews were given by users who had joined around 2nd or 3rd June and this was the only movie they had reviewed. In contrast, this was true for only 2/3rd of 1 star reviewers.

I believe this is the most entertainment that this movie could provide
Old 8th June 2018, 10:53   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I was reading user reviews of Veere Di Wedding on imdb.com and saw a ton of 10 star reviews and a bunch of 1 star reviews. Upon closer look, I found that almost all the 10 star reviews were given by users who had joined around 2nd or 3rd June and this was the only movie they had reviewed. In contrast, this was true for only 2/3rd of 1 star reviewers.

I believe this is the most entertainment that this movie could provide
Sharp observation. I went to IMDB to check the reviews and saw what you are referring to. I was not aware that you can check the joining date of the people who are reviewing the movie. That is a neat little trick to guess the genuine nature of the reviews.

I have also seen the movie in a theater and found it to be below average. I did feel that all the actors were a little over the top i.e. they were trying too hard to be cool. My mother saw the movie and she hated it. I am guessing the older generation will not like the movie.
Old 10th June 2018, 09:51   #3110
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I would have given 0.0, but for these:

I avoided Veere Di Wedding as I heard there are only two good things in the movie - the clothes & the worked-out bodies.
Old 10th June 2018, 10:39   #3111
BHPian

I just saw now that October is available in Amazon Prime. I should be a good date night movie.
Old 10th June 2018, 12:31   #3112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I avoided Veere Di Wedding as I heard there are only two good things in the movie - the clothes & the worked-out bodies.
Wise choice. The 2 good things are also debatable. This has to be the worst movie I have seen this year. I was expecting it but still had to see cos of my wife. Though she hated it too. Parmanu was so much better.
Old 10th June 2018, 13:04   #3113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya.bhat View Post
I just saw now that October is available in Amazon Prime. I should be a good date night movie.

Good movie - definitely. Good date night movie - I would go for any thing else.
Old 10th June 2018, 15:14   #3114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Don't. It's depressingly realistic. Absolutely no escape.
Watchable, yes, but not recommended for date night.
Old 13th June 2018, 01:33   #3115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh please ! Avoid it buddy ! Atleast not on a date night !
I have been through 3 sittings and each time I turn the TV off after 10-15 mins of watching. Supremely depressing !
Old 13th June 2018, 11:21   #3116
BHPian

Veere Di Wedding - 0.5/5

Less said the better. Lot of it has already been pointed out with one statement specifically -

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

The problem with such movies is (another being Lipstick Under my Burkha), sex, smoking and drinking is promoted to be a sign and endorsement of empowerment.
Absolutely agree. One more thing in the movie is that the females come from filthy rich backgrounds which allows them to do whatever they want. Wish this had been made realistically. The way they have marketed a few things (Uber, HSBC etc.) is just atrocious. Even a novice could have done better. There is this review from a lady which I am not sure how many would have seen. Its hilarious but true as well. So take a look.

Overall, a movie which can be given a miss even if you did not have anything better to do in the day

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 2.5/5

Again nothing much to write about. This movie continues from "Jurassic World" and has somewhat bits and pieces from that movie (another engineered Dino). The island that the Dinos are on, is going to explode because of a volcano and the dinos need to be relocated but then some dont agree. I would have expected a lot more action like usual but it was relatively quieter with just 2-3 people being eaten by the Dinos. There is a parallel plot as well. Can be watched at home if you ask me because even the theaters could not create any magic as such
Old 14th June 2018, 09:19   #3117
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to your info, watched October on Amazon Prime yesterday and I loved it. Mind you, it is not your typical masala entertainer, it takes it's own sweet time and pace to unravel. Shoojit Sircar is a gem and every frame in the movie is a masterpiece. Banitha Sandhu was refreshing and the biggest surprise for me was Varun Dhawan. He should do more of this and Badlapur rather than Judwaa, Dishoom which are a real pain to watch!
Old 15th June 2018, 21:35   #3118
BHPian

Lust Stories - 3.5/5

Just watched this latest Netflix release. It's 4 short films of roughly 30 minutes each directed by 4 well known directors. Enjoyed Anurag Kashyap & Dibakar Banerjee's segments the most. Expected more from Karan Johar's segment. A well put together Bollywood movie after a while. Quite strong performances by a couple of actors; Radhika Apte, Sanjay Kapoor, Manisha Koirala.

Last edited by promit : 15th June 2018 at 21:39.
Old 18th June 2018, 09:19   #3119
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Blackmail is now on Amazon Prime, so watched it on the weekend. Quite a crazy and offbeat movie. Irfan Khan has acted well, as always. Good for a one-time watch at home, but certainly not the theatre. Very unique dark comedy with a lot of twists & turns in the plot. Will give it 3 / 5 stars

Old 18th June 2018, 09:35   #3120
BHPian

Ended up watching Race 3 with my friend . I did not wanted to watch it but he insisted and made a bet with me if the movie was worth watching I had to pay if it isn't he will be paying for the ticket.

Race 3: 1 out of 5
It isn't worth wasting your time if you aren't a Salman fan. The movie has unnecessary action and there is no story. My friend wanted to leave the cinema after 30 minutes of movie but I grabbed his hand and made him sit throughout the movie just to torture him . After watching the movie the expression on his face were worth a watch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks