Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2012, 22:51   #6061
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Then which online retailer would you guys recommend to buy good stuff.Myself being from smaller city can not get this type of stuff without the risk of getting fake stuff.Even F1 sold here seems to be fake.
How about simple sonax/maguires wash w/o wax though I would prefer wash+wax?
My 4 months old oceanic blue Linea Emotion 2012 has already got swirls,minor scratches all over.I have posted the front and rear pics only.(taken under tube-light).(seems I cant upload the pics....its taking too long)

My car also needs frequent wash,at least twice a week because most of time my half of car in uncovered from rain and road is under construction on which I travel.Though the car's paint shine is there but I would like to remove swirls and scratches and prevent these in future.So I have gone through many-many pages of this thread but I'm still confused.But I'm not in hurry and I have decided to take the plunge to do it myself once in 2-3months.
I have already ordered few things listed below,all ordered from online retailers

1.TURTLE - WET N BLACK AEROSOL Rs335+50(shipping)
2.FORMULA1 - 100 WASHES WASH WAX Rs500+60 (will ask for replacement if possible)
3.FORMULA1 - MR.LEATHER LIQUID Rs 325+50
4.Sonax Cockpit Spray Rs365+50
5.Jopasu Microfiber MagicWipe 3 Rs499
6.Jopasu Car Duster Rs575
7.ABRO Super Sponge Rs209

What all other stuff including pads/applicators I need to buy and from where(online only please)?

I have also decided to buy high pressure washer as I find the washing the car with traditional way too time consuming and cumbersome.I have finalized three washers and need your help to buy one.
1. Skil 0760 100bar
2.B&D PW1570TD 120bar
3.Bosch Aquatak 100Euro 100bar

later i may go for DA polisher.
Old 5th August 2012, 23:48   #6062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
I have also decided to buy high pressure washer as I find the washing the car with traditional way too time consuming and cumbersome.I have finalized three washers and need your help to buy one.
My pick would be Bosch, just for the trust in the brand. One you start using High Pressure washing method, traditional method would look boring and too time consuming.

I too have Karcher K2.180 which is an absolutely fabulous machine, but since I stay in a building and so cannot use it regularly. I use for cleaning terrace and it does a fab job. Wish I had a bungalow in Mumbai to just use it every alternate day. Bungalow in Mumbai which is next to impossible.

Regarding purchase of quality products you can try following E-Retailer.
1. Bringing Best IMPEX, Delhi.
Contact Mr. Sanjay at sanjay@bringingbest.com and he will help you throughout the purchase process. Used there service multiple times.

2. AutoFresh
Few bhpians have purchased products from here.

3. Vicky

I would request bhpians to share there experience with Autofresh & Vicky, so as to help others.
Old 6th August 2012, 00:23   #6063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
My pick would be Bosch, just for the trust in the brand. One you start using High Pressure washing method, traditional method would look boring and too time consuming.

I too have Karcher K2.180 which is an absolutely fabulous machine, but since I stay in a building and so cannot use it regularly. I use for cleaning terrace and it does a fab job. Wish I had a bungalow in Mumbai to just use it every alternate day. Bungalow in Mumbai which is next to impossible.
Just when I was thinking of buying only B&D 1570TD over Bosch. But surely will give it a thorough thought before eventually buying one.
And not just Mumbai,the way raw material and property prices are rising due to black money involved its getting even more difficult to own a house anywhere in India.

Can someone classify different brands based on their quality.Its difficult to make a good buying decision as I did with F1 shampoo as their are no. of brands available?
BTW other stuff I need to buy?

Last edited by rsjaurr : 6th August 2012 at 00:26.
Old 6th August 2012, 01:27   #6064
BHPian

BTW so far I have bought from ebay India and cardekho store.Cardekho is more expensive sometime than ebay. Autofresh is good but Mr.Vicky seems to be the most expensive.BBimpex doesn't mention the prices with their product descriptions.
Old 6th August 2012, 11:12   #6065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Both the bumpers seem to be re-painted as the colour is not matching with the fender!
Eagle eye. However, I feel that the front bumper is not repainted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
Folks, One noob question. How many times a clay bar can be used and how do you make out it is time for a new clay bar.
I have used clay bar purchased in last November a couple of weeks ago. Maybe used the clay bar more than 5-7 times (2 pieces of one clay bar, used 15 times or so in total). Now, I will use them for alloys only since the clay has become dirty and hard.
Old 6th August 2012, 18:13   #6066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Eagle eye. However, I feel that the front bumper is not repainted..
Correct. Only the rear bumper had been re-painted, that also nor from a very big workshop. That is the mistake i did.
Old 7th August 2012, 22:19   #6067
BHPian

Hi all,
There seems to be a new store on the block:

Cleaning Accessories, Meguiars Scratch X 2.0 (207 ml)

Mostly Megs, Sonax, Armorall stuff and other car "ware".

Also I had bought this blue Muc-off microfibre towel from car studio and another yellow one from ebay. I have witnessed a huge difference in performance. Some microfibers may not be doing justice to their claims, (as is true for most other products). I am preparing a writeup with pix of visible results, as a comparative study. Will post it soon.

Good night.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 00:38   #6068
BHPian

Here is the latest update of what I have bought so far including few items replaced e.g.F1 wash n wax shampoo with Sonax.
1.Sonax leather care lotion Rs365+50
2.Sonax clear view 1 100 conc. Rs365+50
3.Sonax tyre care Rs 325+50
4.Sonax Cockpit Spray Rs415+50
5.Jopasu Microfiber MagicWipe 3 Rs499
6.Jopasu Car Duster Rs575
7.ABRO Super Sponge Rs209
8.Bosch 100Euro plus washer ~Rs8000
9.Bosch GEX1251AE ~Rs5000

Now what brand/type of wax,polish and applicator pads etc I need to buy based on my requirements?
Old 8th August 2012, 12:42   #6069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Hi all,

Mostly Megs, Sonax, Armorall stuff and other car "ware".

Also I had bought this blue Muc-off microfibre towel from car studio and another yellow one from ebay. I have witnessed a huge difference in performance. Some microfibers may not be doing justice to their claims, (as is true for most other products). I am preparing a writeup with pix of visible results, as a comparative study. Will post it soon.

Good night.
Just now visited the link, it seems they are based in Lucknow or atleast the customer support is provided from here. The contact no. says that.

BTW will be waiting for the results of your comparative study.
Old 8th August 2012, 16:36   #6070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Hi all,

On a quick browse, I was looking at this page. I quite like the idea of carrying a tire inflater (even a foot pump) but here, "more details" is a joke, there a re no details, and we are left to guess as to why we should spend just over 1,000 or as much as 4,000! Added to which, how can something be "rated" 3.5 stars when nobody has reviewed it. Isn't that dishonest?

They'd better do better than this if they want to succeed.
Old 8th August 2012, 16:49   #6071
BHPian

Got a bottle of Meguiar's Ultimate Compound to restore the paint finish on my 4 yr old Swift (Sunlight Copper).

Unfortunately, the paint has a lot of swirl marks and has generally lost its shine.

However, with just 5 mins of rubbing on a small area of the bonnet, the difference is striking! I'd separated the two parts of the bonnet with a tape to make it even more apparent.
No prizes for guess which side of the bonnet in the photo has been treated with ultimate compound

It even gets rid of minor scratches. A truly amazing product! I just wish I had a powered polisher of some sort. Rubbing by hand means that you can only cover one panel at best before your arm goes dead.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-ultimate-compound.jpg  

Last edited by d3mon : 8th August 2012 at 16:50.
d3mon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 17:22   #6072
Senior - BHPian

Good results d3mon! UC is recommended over Swirl X when working by hand as it has more 'cut', its what Ultimate Detailerz told me and i can see the results you've achieved.

How many times did you have to 'rub' or how many passes did you make for the swirls to disappear ?

Also did you use a Swirl Finder light to capture the difference ?

Last edited by shashank.nk : 8th August 2012 at 17:23.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 17:33   #6073
BHPian

1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
It even gets rid of minor scratches. A truly amazing product! I just wish I had a powered polisher of some sort. Rubbing by hand means that you can only cover one panel at best before your arm goes dead.
Wonderful results, much better than what ScratchX2.0 did to my Swift last week.

I agree on using these products with hand, its a pain!
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 17:39   #6074
BHPian

Re: 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Good results d3mon! UC is recommended over Swirl X when working by hand as it has more 'cut', its what Ultimate Detailerz told me and i can see the results you've achieved.

How many times did you have to 'rub' or how many passes did you make for the swirls to disappear ?

Also did you use a Swirl Finder light to capture the difference ?
I'd seen a lot of youtube videos before deciding on UC vs SwirlX 2.0.
Meguiar's say that you need to break down UC while rubbing it, so I rubbed for 3-4 mins with moderate pressure on a 1sq ft area (approx) before wiping it off and polishing it slightly with a micro fiber cloth. You need to make sure to wipe it off completely before it dries out.
These results are with just one "pass" of UC
No, this is not a swirl finder light, just the daylight streaming down into the basement from a narrow window in the roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Wonderful results, much better than what ScratchX2.0 did to my Swift last week.

I agree on using these products with hand, its a pain!
Thanks, you should give this a try!
Old 8th August 2012, 19:18   #6075
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys need a quick opinion. My cousin is returning from US in a couple of days and i plan to get blackfire product from him. Need to know which among the following two is better.

Amazon.com: Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection 16 Oz.: Automotive

Amazon.com: BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Metal Sealant 16oz: Automotive

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks