Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2012, 21:48   #931
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I use a body cover and just allow the antenna to bend while covering the car. The antenna now has a prominent bend but it doesn't affect it's functionality. Other option is to make an incision in the body cover to allow the antenna to pass through. This will however lead to body cover tearing over a period of time from the area where you have made the incision.
If you must make an incision to accommodate the antenna, first stick a piece of thick packing tape, cello tape or Scotch Tape over the area, covering a spot about 3-4 inches in diameter, and then make a hole through that. It will prevent the hole in the body cover extending outward and becoming a large unsightly tear.
Old 21st February 2012, 22:28   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
There is some noise from the left rear wheel sounding like an air leak only when the engine is running hope it gets rectified tomorrow on its first service. What's the take on synthetic oil?
Even my mine ZDI has this sound and it is normal fuel pump's noise as per Service Advisor.But its not too prominent to be noticed.
Just got the car back from the first service done at MSM Nariana (New Delhi)- Oil was not replaced and was informed that it has synthetic oil and shall be replaced at 10k. Mine ZDI has VIN series above the cut-off VIN in the Maruti's circular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post

Can't be done in the Swift. I would really love that feature.
Can be done, although not a half turn but several turns are needed as its a threaded screw arrangement.
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:45   #933
BHPian

Got my VDi after the 2nd successful free service. Got the oil changed (I change every 5k) and they were more than happy to change to mineral oil. Costed me 636 Rs.

Im proud to say that this swift is the cheapest vehicle to maintain on indian roads compared to all my vheicles ive owned till now. Had a small accident where in the tail lamp was broken. Got it changed today and the price quoted initially was 2150. Attached is the bill which shows the price of tail lamp

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-20120222-14.02.26.jpg

Just for info I asked the price of old Swifts tail lamp and got to know that it costs 1950/- . My old accents's tail lamp costed me ~3400 and my bikes' (Avenger) for 450/-

Oh ya, even I had complained about hissing sound near the fuel pump/Silencer. They said it is common for new swifts and I personally checked with a brand new ZDI lying in the showroom having similar sound.

Last edited by livyodream : 22nd February 2012 at 14:48.
livyodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:01   #934
Senior - BHPian

2 months gone. the dealer is not even giving me my priority number for my booking for torque blue zdi swift !!. The SA is not even picking my calls !!. Have to go to the dealership and ask them?

guys those who have booked have you got any message on priority number?
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:43   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Got the oil changed , mineral oil. Costed me 636 Rs. Im proud to say that this swift is the cheapest vehicle to maintain on indian roads compared to all my vheicles ive owned till now.
I have the same feeling about Swift. I used to spend more for every 3000kms on a bullet compared what we are shelling out on Swift.

What did they tell about the Mineral Oil /Synthetic. Is it mandatory for all batches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
2 months gone. the dealer is not even giving me my priority number for my booking for torque blue zdi swift !!. The SA is not even picking my calls !!. Have to go to the dealership and ask them?

Is Maruti Giving Priority number for bookings.
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:00   #936
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Is Maruti Giving Priority number for bookings.
When I booked my Dzire, I was given a priority number by the dealer . The priority number depends on the colour and variant of the car.
cruiser_1982 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:08   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its the same way my dealer responded, once the booking amount was paid. I'd suggest you visit the dealership personally, if things still don't work then a visit to the regional office should help.

At the time of booking, i was not given any priority number either.
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:18   #938
BHPian

What is the priority number? Is the the Maruti Booking number (starting with SOBXX) ?
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:38   #939
BHPian

Quote:

I booked in Vishnu motors and was not given any priority number. Heck, I don't even have a booking number on the booking booklet they gave. The reference is by name, booking date only. It is possible they have a priority number at a dealership level which they may not neccessarily share.

Question: Has there been anyone in this forum who has received a new Swift ZDI in Chennai this month?
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:46   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
One of my friends has issues covering the new Swift with the OEM body cover as the (highlighted in pic) antenna could not be tilted to get the correct body cover fit. The antenna sticks out like a sore thumb!

I think many would have the same problem; anyone got a solution for this?
It is possible. I tried and it worked

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-20120223-11.39.18.jpg
livyodream is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 11:48   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
It is possible. I tried and it worked

Attachment 892769
Thanks. Will try this on my car. Have you checked if the FM signals are good enough with the antenna removed?

Last edited by fuel_addict : 24th February 2012 at 11:50.
Old 24th February 2012, 12:49   #942
Senior - BHPian

Update on filling Mineral/ Synthetic oil for new Swift

I checked with the SA when I gave the car for second service. All new Swifts from VIN 179480 onwards comes with synthetic oil from the factory. The first oil change is then at 10,000 KM [3rd service] and only synthetic oil is to be filled. This holds good for all the subsequent services at every 10,000 KM.

All new Swifts with VIN before 179480 can opt for synthetic or mineral.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 16:54   #943
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update deetjohn.

I'm not able to understand why have a oil change interval of 10k kms for synthetic oil? It is normally 15k kms for other cars using synthetic oil, isnt it?

Oil change interval was 10k kms for the old swift (Mineral oil) and the old one used to take 3.1 litres if I recollect right. If we are talking of changing this to synthetic now, I wouldnt be surprised if the service costs every 10k kms is going to be around 7k-9k and that's definitely on the costlier side for the segment swift is in.

I'm more interested to understand the reason behind the statement highlighted below. What changed in the engine to warrant synthetic oil? As someone posted on this thread earlier, are these engines sourced from fiat directly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Update on filling Mineral/ Synthetic oil for new Swift

I checked with the SA when I gave the car for second service. All new Swifts from VIN 179480 onwards comes with synthetic oil from the factory. The first oil change is then at 10,000 KM [3rd service] and only synthetic oil is to be filled. This holds good for all the subsequent services at every 10,000 KM.

All new Swifts with VIN before 179480 can opt for synthetic or mineral.

Last edited by bala80 : 24th February 2012 at 16:57.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 16:55   #944

Compatible bluetooth for Swift 2011 Zxi / Zdi

Hey folks,
It is pretty sad that the Swift 2011 high end versions, the Zxi and Zdi, do not come equipped with bluetooth. And when I enquired with the local Maruti dealer, they said the add-on bluetooth adapters had been withdrawn due to some issues in pairing with certain mobile devices. Has anyone found a compatible device that can be integrated with the factory-fitted audio system? Any pointers on the make / model would be highly appreciated.
Cheers,
Amrith
Old 24th February 2012, 19:53   #945
BHPian

Guys. Time to torture people who waited for swift by Maruti again. Next price hike around the corner. I called my dealership today. SE told no way i can get my car before march. Production of ZDI is very less. Silver color is available and they are ready to give it within 7 days. I dont prefer silver. Asked about VDI. It is not available but i can pay the full amount in advance and get the car for current price. Totally confused.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks