Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 13:37   #166
Team-BHP Support

Shaju, i am not too sure, but remember reading on the forum that tyre upgrades in the same config as that of the 1.6S are hard to come by. The tyre gurus would be in a better position to comment.
Old 28th July 2009, 13:54   #167
superveloce

hey shajufx really sorry to barge in, and drift your thread in different directions.

but since i have a host of fiesta veterans checking this thread can anyone tell me if the fiesta headlamps can be upgraded to 90/100 or even 100/120W ?
im seriously considering a fiesta and it will be used primarily for inter city drives at odd hours. p.s. i also have a corrected power so i prefer the more powerful lights for night driving.

thanks in advance.

Old 28th July 2009, 14:33   #168
BHPian

Yeah you can change them but it is 80w for H7 and 100w for H1,you can't fit a 90w bulb and to change the bulbs is one tedious job.
Old 28th July 2009, 15:22   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Also, many owners have expressed difficulty in changing from goodyear due to lack of other brands in that size.
I found Yokohama S drive in the 195/55/R15 profile, which should be good enough. There are plenty of choices for 195 in the 14 inch category, but very few in the 15 inchers. May be my search is not yet complete. My purpose is not meaty look, but filling the wheel wells and a very comfortable ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
upgrades in the same config as that of the 1.6S are hard to come by.
The stock tires of S version is from Goodyear, so atleast that brand is sure of availability. I am not very sure of the road noise and comfort that gives. If both are ok, I dont mind opting goodyear itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
fiesta headlamps can be upgraded to 90/100 or even 100/120W ?
So far I havent heard of anyone upgrading the headlights, although I had searched the topic before buying. Many comments I have seen so far were stating the stock bulbs good enough for even highway runs. Mine is not taken to the highways yet, so personal comment is difficult. Fiesta stock bulbs are 55/55 as of the manual. Fog lamps are 20 watts as I remember. I have 5 other fiestas in my compound, I will cross check with them if anyone upgraded headlights.

Few other things:

I felt the dead pedal (left of clutch) was a very useful part which is sadly missing in fiesta. Is there any aftermarket pedal that can be screwed into the body ? It would be a very necessary item when it comes to long drives, or even the bumper to bumper city moves.

There is a male socket that is neatly covered (with a press open kind lock) below the steering column, use of which, is not clear. It reminds me of some gadget socket with 5 or 6 pins. Note the red circle area below;
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-15.jpg

Atlast the waiting for 5 days got over on the Parking sensor issue. Its centre unit was spoiled. This is a product of auto-cop (DX) with 4 sensors, beep and LED display. I will post photos soon. Its working now, as result of over 20 phone calls, 2 visits from the ford guy and 2 visits from the auto cop guy.

Next waiting is for the body colour side strips. Hope it comes this week itself. When will these manufacturers start giving everything in one piece instead of making the customer run around like a mad dog ? On top of that, they keep shouting, "dont fit that, dont fit this, you will lose your warranty" etc. !!

Last edited by shajufx : 28th July 2009 at 15:25.
Old 28th July 2009, 15:30   #170
Senior - BHPian

shajufx, congrats.Its a looker and enjoy driving.
Old 28th July 2009, 16:07   #171
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Vijay.

This is the site I use for all my calculations on the tire matters Tire size calculator. Hope its the right one to depend on. So according to this, 195/50/R15 is almost equal as the stock 175/65/R14 (height wise). Filling the wheel-well atleast to half an inch more can be done only with 195/55/R15 ( 102.1 kmph when it shows only 100) or better 195/60/R15 (at 100 kmph on display, its actually 105.5 kmph). I am open to corrections, not sure if I am doing the right calculation.
Old 28th July 2009, 16:33   #172
BHPian

Goodyear tires are noise-prone. All Lineas come with them noisy tires (Goodear GT3)

Prefer": Michelin primacy LC or XM1+
Old 28th July 2009, 18:18   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
So far I havent heard of anyone upgrading the headlights, although I had searched the topic before buying. Many comments I have seen so far were stating the stock bulbs good enough for even highway runs. Mine is not taken to the highways yet, so personal comment is difficult. Fiesta stock bulbs are 55/55 as of the manual. Fog lamps are 20 watts as I remember. I have 5 other fiestas in my compound, I will cross check with them if anyone upgraded headlights.
shaju i have upgraded my car bulbs have been using it for a year now.
Old 28th July 2009, 18:21   #174
Senior - BHPian

Yogi, could you please mention the upgrade details too (wattage, cost etc.). It will be a real help for the member who wanted to know about it. I checked with my neighbours, none of them upgraded so far.

Last edited by shajufx : 28th July 2009 at 18:23.
Old 28th July 2009, 18:26   #175
BHPian

shaju i have posted the details above,about the cost can't remember clearly must have spend around 1500 along with the Bosch relay kit.
Old 29th July 2009, 01:19   #176
BHPian

shaju..congrats.
Its a great buy. I've driven a diesel fiesta for 2.5 yrs now and am totally in love with the car. After driving a fiesta you won't like to drive any other car - thats the kind of ride and handling it possesses !
Enjoy and safe driving!
Old 30th July 2009, 12:54   #177
Senior - BHPian

Autocop reverse parking sensor display is gone again ! Only the beeper is working, which again doesnt give me any sure feeling that it can continue working for sometime. Somehow I hate this brand already, it looks so 'chinese' and 'road-side' plastic quality. Trying to call up the guy again, now that is going to be another pain on the wrong side !

Is it possible to retain the 4 sensors on rear bumper and change the main unit and display to some other brands ? Do we get parts of good brands which is not as a total package ?
Old 30th July 2009, 12:56   #178
BHPian

Sorry to hear about that Shaju, is it possible to ask them to cancel the order and take the product back and pay you the refund due to the faulty product?
Old 30th July 2009, 13:20   #179
Senior - BHPian

I called up the auto-cop chap and the dealer, requested for a complete replcement of the item. Lets see what comes up tomorow morning. The most irritating thing I heard from the auto-cop guy today and even last week, "Sir, please bring the car to our office (seshadripuram), we will repair it immediately". I should be crazily out of my mind to do that. Imagine driving 20 kms up and down 4 or 5 times in a month to rectify a stupid and faulty accessory which is fitted on my car for no fault of mine ?? Each repair will cost me 100 Rs petrol and 2 hours of very precious time. I would rather prefer to remove this thing and throw it on their face once and for all !
Old 30th July 2009, 22:10   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found Yokohama S drive in the 195/55/R15 profile, which should be good enough. There are plenty of choices for 195 in the 14 inch category, but very few in the 15 inchers. May be my search is not yet complete. My purpose is not meaty look, but filling the wheel wells and a very comfortable ride.
i am in the market too, for a brand new S, and my plan is to drive the car out from the showroom and drive it straight to a tyre showroom and exchange the nonsense stock tyres, and replace them with Michelin PP2's of the same size. iraghava (ishan) vouches for these, and if he says so, then so be it. But yes, a tyre upgrade befits a car like the fiesta for sure!
Quote:

The stock tires of S version is from Goodyear, so atleast that brand is sure of availability. I am not very sure of the road noise and comfort that gives. If both are ok, I dont mind opting goodyear itself.
they are prone to be very noisy, and best replaced

Quote:
that is just one of the few things that MUST be done, according to me. I shall be replacing these bulbs with 130/100 with ceramic holders and cutouts. yes, you read right. 130/100. My esteem and my zen both have been running these since 7 years and 4 years respectively and I assure you this is the best upgrade you could make to your halogens.
Few other things:

Quote:
I felt the dead pedal (left of clutch) was a very useful part which is sadly missing in fiesta. Is there any aftermarket pedal that can be screwed into the body ? It would be a very necessary item when it comes to long drives, or even the bumper to bumper city moves.
you literally stole the words from my mouth. i am on the market too, for an aftermarket dead pedal. It's a boon, and somehow a necessity for me. I will have it fabricated with FG, if necessary. But yes, a dead pedal is a must. Surprising how Ford missed that one out.
Quote:
There is a male socket that is neatly covered (with a press open kind lock) below the steering column, use of which, is not clear. It reminds me of some gadget socket with 5 or 6 pins. Note the red circle area below;
Attachment 166099
thats the connector for the ford service guys to attach the diagnostic meter that is used to get data from the ECU.

Quote:
Atlast the waiting for 5 days got over on the Parking sensor issue. Its centre unit was spoiled. This is a product of auto-cop (DX) with 4 sensors, beep and LED display. I will post photos soon. Its working now, as result of over 20 phone calls, 2 visits from the ford guy and 2 visits from the auto cop guy.
my advice. bin it. it's a piece of crap.
Quote:
Next waiting is for the body colour side strips. Hope it comes this week itself. When will these manufacturers start giving everything in one piece instead of making the customer run around like a mad dog ? On top of that, they keep shouting, "dont fit that, dont fit this, you will lose your warranty" etc. !!
I will be on the market for that too, if my fiesta comes in. it's an S, then I will try photoshopping the strips and see, if they match the side skirts. well, if they don't then ill chuck the idea.

sorry for rambling. will follow this thread closely!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks