Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2011, 16:47   #3076
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 795
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

This light will come if any of lamps is misbehaving. Could be a spurious warning also. I had this warning on and off for good three months for number plate light. It was loose. So a loose connection will trigger the warning.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 10:35   #3077
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hemanth.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,019
Thanked: 5,260 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Here is the screenshot of the explanation in the user's manual

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 1155
Size:  6.7 KB
Position in the cluster

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 1238
Size:  48.6 KB
explanation in the user's manual
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 06:59   #3078
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 677 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Guys,

Doe the emotion pack come with a 4 speaker or a 6 speaker system? I remember reading somewhere on fiat site about 4 speaker system where as I found the following on the 1st page of this thread in GTO's review:

"The top-end Emotion variant is loaded : Dual stage front airbags, electric mirrors, climate control, Blue & Me, 6 speaker MP3 audio system with a USB port, multi-info display, height adjustable driver seat, rear wash & wipe, front fogs, 195/60/15 tyres + alloys and ABS + EBD (a MUST in my opinion)."
h@r$h@l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 09:19   #3079
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 422 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

Doe the emotion pack come with a 4 speaker or a 6 speaker system?
Its got 4 at front and 2 at the rear door pads. The 4 at front door pads are the tweeters up at top near the gear lever and the mid bass at the bottom
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 09:55   #3080
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,762
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

The tweeters are not near the gear lever, they are also on the door pads, near the door opening lever.

The Fiat site actually doesn't mention a few features of the E-pack model, at least that was the case about a year back when my family bought the car.
julupani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 10:47   #3081
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 422 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Its got 4 at front and 2 at the rear door pads. The 4 at front door pads are the tweeters up at top near the gear lever and the mid bass at the bottom
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
The tweeters are not near the gear lever, they are also on the door pads, near the door opening lever.
Sir, MY BAD, you are 1000% right.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 18:33   #3082
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 292 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Thanks guys, got the car checked, it was the number plate light, and poor Fiat guys did too many things with the hand-held device(mini laptop like) and took 3.5 hrs to find out the issue.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 18:50   #3083
BHPian
 
Surviving Brain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: India
Posts: 87
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Does anyone on the forum have any idea about the use of the 'metal padding' on backside of the rear passenger seat? Seriously, I've never seen a similar thing in any other hatchbacks! Hence the confusion!!

Please clear my query.
Surviving Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 19:13   #3084
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,427
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

@Surviving_Brain,

that i believe is to make sure that no sharp objects pierce through the seat in the event of an accident.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 19:13   #3085
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,066
Thanked: 1,995 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surviving Brain View Post
Does anyone on the forum have any idea about the use of the 'metal padding' on backside of the rear passenger seat? Seriously, I've never seen a similar thing in any other hatchbacks! Hence the confusion!!

Please clear my query.
The metal padding is to protect the rear passengers from flying objects from the boot in case of an emergency braking or crash.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 22:13   #3086
BHPian
 
Surviving Brain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: India
Posts: 87
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
That i believe is to make sure that no sharp objects pierce through the seat in the event of an accident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
The metal padding is to protect the rear passengers from flying objects from the boot in case of an emergency braking or crash.
Thank you guys!! I never knew that it's actually for additional safety. Kudos to FIAT.

If I recall correctly, none of the premium hatchbacks that I have driven of lat have this metallic padding. Sigh.
Surviving Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 17:27   #3087
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,246
Thanked: 78,572 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhi_des View Post
Suppose the car is doing 55-60km/h in fifth gear, and if i put my foot on brake(without reducing gear) to slow it down. then near 40km/h speed a weird sound (krrrrrr/kddddddd) is coming from the engine. This will eliminate when i press clutch or change gear.
In other words, you are killing your engine by lugging it! Don't drive in too high a gear at too low a speed. Downshift please, that's the only solution.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 17:29   #3088
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,248
Thanked: 4,355 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In other words, you are killing your engine by lugging it! Don't drive in too high a gear at too low a speed. Downshift please, that's the only solution.
Related thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ur-engine.html (Do you lug your engine?)
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 18:19   #3089
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
The tweeters are not near the gear lever, they are also on the door pads, near the door opening lever.
Fiat Punto and Lines E+ comes only with 4 speakers and there are no tweeters of whatsoever kind not even near door opening lever. They are just placeholders for a future upgrades in case you want to put a tweeter. Just try prying open the cover and you will see it's empty. I have checked this in my Linea and a friends' Punto and a couple of other Puntos at the service station.

I believe Fiat realized early that most buyers will upgrade speakers given the lousy speaker setup which is on offer, hence stayed away from tweeters.
vivekshukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 22:35   #3090
BHPian
 
Soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 591
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Fiat Punto and Lines E+ comes only with 4 speakers and there are no tweeters of whatsoever kind not even near door opening lever. They are just placeholders for a future upgrades in case you want to put a tweeter. Just try prying open the cover and you will see it's empty. I have checked this in my Linea and a friends' Punto and a couple of other Puntos at the service station.

I believe Fiat realized early that most buyers will upgrade speakers given the lousy speaker setup which is on offer, hence stayed away from tweeters.
Wrong. My 2009 OCT Punto came with 2 tweeters in the front. Total 6 speakers
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 230 3rd June 2017 11:06
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review nkrishnap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 5th May 2016 15:07
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7 sushanthr77 The International Automotive Scene 167 25th November 2011 12:02
Fiat Grande Punto and the new Fiat Sedan; Tata-Fiat JV jkdas The Indian Car Scene 37 4th March 2009 17:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks