Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:04   #10021
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I'm tending towards a vented one as I have the luxury of the garage location.
Looks like BSH don't sell vented units in India anymore - they did not too long ago. Doesn't look like you have a lot of options besides IFB and some cheap Chinese rebadges (Croma, etc.). Tumble dryer sales in India are so poor that with most imported units it would be wiser to replace rather than repair, even for minor issues, so if you can learn to live with your IFB, I would recommend holding on to it. AFAIK it's the only made-in-India dryer you can buy today and hence the only one with decent spare parts availability. It's not very close to the real thing as far as tumble dryers go - kind of a toy, if you will - but for India it seems quite practical.
Old 23rd May 2023, 12:21   #10022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
But the best part is the glassware. They shine like never before.
Not all glassware is dish washer safe. Please check labels wherever possible and it is better to err on the side of caution.

"Lead crystal, delicate glass, hand-painted china, brass, pewter, copper and sterling silver shouldn't go in the dishwasher. And use the top rack for everything but the heaviest pieces. You can, but washing in the dishwasher will lead to etching and irreversible clouding on glassware over time" Source: https://www.choice.com.au/home-and-l...the-dishwasher.

The website above has a handy table of yes and no for various kitchen stuff.
LithiumSunset is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 15:22   #10023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Guess this LG is a condenser one.
Btw, are you looking at replacing your Galanz? As a fellow Galanz owner was wondering whether your are having some part failure or some other issues?
The Galanz unit is not bad at all and way better than the IFB in my humble opinion. However, we have major dust allergy issues in my family, and the doctors have suggested that we use special detergent and wash cycles for our bed linen. As a result, I felt let me sack off the Galanz while it still only 10 months old and get a high end one. It's on OLX as of now but with no enquiries :-(.

Hence, picked up a Electrolux vented one for ~36K after various offers:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
AFAIK it's the only made-in-India dryer you can buy today and hence the only one with decent spare parts availability. It's not very close to the real thing as far as tumble dryers go - kind of a toy, if you will - but for India it seems quite practical.
Agree, robust but noisy machine. It's great for the large cotton loads (bed linen, curtains, tablecloth etc. but not so great for mixed loads. Also noted that it didn't do a good job of removing the lint, like the Galanz one does very effectively.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 22:13   #10024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
Would not have thought of Electrolux - that is a very good deal you've got! Our Bosch 7kg condenser was 37.5k off the shelf and doesn't have so much as a display. A true-blue European-market machine for less than that is a steal, ducting aside. Congratulations, and please keep us posted on the ownership experience.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 22:58   #10025
BHPian

Just a heads up for Electrolux. I have a MW of Electrolux. It went kaput after 4-5 years. I contacted the service center. To my astonishment they told me they don't have any service center in Kolkata!!
archat68 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 12:41   #10026
Team-BHP Support

Elica 865 : In Built Oven

I was in two minds on which thread to post in and chose this as its a review of the appliance rather than food.

https://www.elicaindia.com/Built-In-...r-EPBI-965-MMF

Bought from Croma and installed by my carpenter.

The design is simple and functional

The oven heats up quite fast and keeps the heat contained inside. My shelf and wooden panels on the outside do not get any heat.

I wish the dial was a little brighter as the first couple of times, I needed to keep rechecking if setup was correct.

Some of the dishes I cooked in this oven.

Every dish needs a different temp and control settings.

Fish:
The Home Appliance thread-20230405_183141.jpg

Cupcakes with only base heat and low temp:
The Home Appliance thread-20230407_152908.jpg

Cookies cook fast in less than 8-10 mins:
The Home Appliance thread-20230418_181403.jpg

Ciabatta: MAX temperature
The Home Appliance thread-20230420_182433.jpg
The Home Appliance thread-20230420_183107.jpg

Both bread and fish cooked one after the other in the oven.
The Home Appliance thread-20230513_205658.jpg

Roast Chicken with temp at 200 for 40 mins and then with fan on for 15 odd mins
The Home Appliance thread-20230520_140255.jpg

Cheese braided bread.
The Home Appliance thread-20230525_092754.jpg
bblost is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 17:16   #10027
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Elica 865 : In Built Oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I was in two minds on which thread to post in and chose this as its a review of the appliance rather than food.

Thanks, and hats off your skill as the cook: the oven is just one of your tools!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 18:25   #10028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...0?ie=UTF8&th=1.
And here it is! Apologies for the casual pictures; need to properly arrange the covers. Also bought a set of rubber feet to lessen any vibrations.

Came with a lot of attachments to channel the vented flow. Didn’t fix as I’m directly venting it out to the front.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_4920.jpeg  

The Home Appliance thread-img_4919.jpeg  

The Home Appliance thread-img_4918.jpeg  

The Home Appliance thread-img_4917.jpeg  

itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 20:14   #10029
Senior - BHPian

Fortune is budget, but it is really bad on utensils. During lockdown I'd ordered in bulk and its just sitting there
Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Not all Aluminum turns black in DW. I tried some utensils for the sake of experiment and while some stays bright silvery some turns black. Although in all the surface becomes rough. I think the composition of the aluminum utensils matter. BTW I use Fortune detergent in a Bosch DW.
Old 27th May 2023, 20:38   #10030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Fortune is budget, but it is really bad on utensils. During lockdown I'd ordered in bulk and its just sitting there
I tried both Finish and Fortune. Started with Finish, then after some time ordered Fortune. Comparing both I didn't find much difference BTW.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 20:56   #10031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And here it is! Apologies for the casual pictures; need to properly arrange the covers...
I recommend removing them. It is not a good idea to cover any electrical device that produces heat.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 21:08   #10032
BHPian

Quote:
Came with a lot of attachments to channel the vented flow. Didn’t fix as I’m directly venting it out to the front.
If you have a way, please fix that vent. A dryer with fully wet clothes in monsoon (when atmospheric humidity is already ~80%) will produce a hell lot of moisture. And staying in that room will be impossible. Speaking from personal experience.
archat68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 14:07   #10033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
So if you can learn to live with your IFB, I would recommend holding on to it. AFAIK it's the only made-in-India dryer you can buy today and hence the only one with decent spare parts availability. It's not very close to the real thing as far as tumble dryers go - kind of a toy, if you will - but for India it seems quite practical.
Why do you equate it to a toy and say it is not real? I have been using an IFB dryer for over 10 years now and it performs quite well. It is as good or better than any dryer I have used in the US.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 16:19   #10034
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Why do you equate it to a toy and say it is not real? I have been using an IFB dryer for over 10 years now and it performs quite well. It is as good or better than any dryer I have used in the US.
IFB dryers does do the job well - but in general, I don't find IFB products to be sturdy or durable - I have both their washing machine & their dryer. The suspension of the washing machine had to be changed after 3 years - luckily it was still under warranty. But the mechanic said the life of the suspension is maximum upto 4 years. I have seen LG washing machine at my parents & relatives whose suspension gave no issues for even 10 years. My IFB dryer also (I think it's around 6 years old) had to have a paid repair (around 2.5K or 3K Rs) changing a few parts after 5 years or so. I have seen Haeir Dryers work upto 6 odd years before their first repair need.

I don't think I would ever buy an IFB product again except for their dryer. Dryer is also not good but then there aren't that many choices in the market at a reasonable price (Haier has stopped selling dryers) so don't have much of a choice.

Last edited by carboy : 28th May 2023 at 16:21.
Old 28th May 2023, 22:53   #10035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
10 years? Try 19. Ours is older than I am. I call them ‘toys’ not because of durability or performance but because of their diminutive size and spartan features, equivalent to the cheap Chinese machines (Panda etc) you would find sold in developed markets as ‘portable’. But that is what makes them so reliable and India-friendly, and why I still recommend them over ‘proper’ dryers like our new Bosch with electronic controls. I can vouch for their reliability - at our second home we still have the 2004 EasyDry 550 whose noisy hum I grew up hearing through the monsoons, and today it is still going strong, albeit in need of a new door latch I intend to get.

Quote:
Also bought a set of rubber feet to lessen any vibrations.
Looks great, but please consider using an approved stacking kit. Failure to use one can work out to be a very expensive mistake! I remember thinking I could work my way around it using non-slip pads under our old IFB, but it moved around a lot more than I thought it would, and had it unstacked instead of waiting for one bad spin cycle to destroy it. With our Bosch I purchased an OEM stacking kit from the service centre for INR 2K. It fits any front load washing machine with a worktop depth greater than 54.4 cm and is supplied with a very short drill bit so you can screw it into your washing machine. Please see if Electrolux sells a similar accessory.

Last edited by ron178 : 28th May 2023 at 23:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks