Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2011, 23:53   #6031
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@SGS2 users.

Revolution Rom 2.7.1 gives almost the same or better battery compared to the Batista rom.

11hrs of usage which has over 40 calls, constant sync of Gmails, outlook , gtlak and facebook and the battery is at 61% at 630PM.

In Idle state where the phone is just doing sync the battery loss is around 1% per 4 hours. I am sure i can do two days with this battery life.

Revolution 2.7.1 has released some beautiful themes in the last two days. So enjoying the true blue theme where the dial pad is just beautiful.
Try putting the profile in SetCpu to conservative. Seen slight improvement. Also tested few kernals with this rom like Stock, Ninphetamine 2.1.3, Ragemod 1.1b, Siyah. Overall both Siyah and Stock gave almost similar results. Samsung guys have done good job on the kernal.

Themes are always good part about custom Rom, Revolution is on the top when it comes to the choice of theme one can select. Currently using the Orange Monkey theme. I am waiting for the transparent dialer which looks much better than any other out there.

Will have to now wait for the leaked version on 2.3.7 for developers to make another awesome rom. However I do miss on the litening Rom. The developer Litepro has left the thread alone. Would be nice to see Litening 7 with 2.3.5 OS.
Android 2.3.7 Hits The Streets! | xda-developers
Old 5th October 2011, 12:31   #6032
Senior - BHPian

For all BBM lovers who want to use the same on your Android. here you all go.

First screenshots of BBM for Android leak | News | TechRadar UK

It seems the day is not far when we will be able to use BBM on our Android's.
Old 5th October 2011, 13:07   #6033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
For all BBM lovers who want to use the same on your Android. here you all go.

First screenshots of BBM for Android leak | News | TechRadar UK

It seems the day is not far when we will be able to use BBM on our Android's.
I think the excitement died long back.Whatsapp is much better
Old 5th October 2011, 13:45   #6034
BHPian

Hi SGS2 Lovers,

I am planning to buy the Samsung Galaxy SII (SGS 2) for the quite sometime now. Initially I was a bit confused, but the launch of iPhone-4S (no offences to iPhone lovers!) has confirmed that there will be no regrets in buying the SGS2 now.

Guys, please guide me where should I buy it from? - Flipkart.com / Samsung store / Retail Chain shoppe (Like Next etc.) / a normal mobile dealer? Planning to buy during this festive season !!

Please support me for this 'noble' cause.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 5th October 2011, 15:21   #6035
BANNED

Oh no!!! Yet another SGS question???? Really!!!

AFAICT, it makes no difference where you purchased the phone from - just look at who gives you the lowest price.
Old 5th October 2011, 15:28   #6036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I can't seem to install this maps, tried all three ways described in that forum. can you share the details on how you installed it?
clevermax, I successfully installed the Brut Maps, maps5.10.1-ownhere-changepn.apk on my phone, with ease.

As my phone is unrooted, I've a pair of Google Maps, Latitude, Places and Navigation.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 15:51   #6037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Hi SGS2 Lovers,

I am planning to buy the Samsung Galaxy SII (SGS 2) for the quite sometime now. Initially I was a bit confused, but the launch of iPhone-4S (no offences to iPhone lovers!) has confirmed that there will be no regrets in buying the SGS2 now.

Guys, please guide me where should I buy it from? - Flipkart.com / Samsung store / Retail Chain shoppe (Like Next etc.) / a normal mobile dealer? Planning to buy during this festive season !!

Please support me for this 'noble' cause.

Cheers!
Irish
And a noble cause it is...
you should check ebay, when i last checked they had the lowest prices.
My friend picked up one from there for 27K, when it was retailing for 30 everywhere else.

But his phone is giving problems now. [Bluetooth Issues] i don't know if that is a phone issue with just his piece or because the ebay reseller is getting cheap maal
Sprucegoose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 16:03   #6038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
clevermax, I successfully installed the Brut Maps, maps5.10.1-ownhere-changepn.apk on my phone, with ease.

As my phone is unrooted, I've a pair of Google Maps, Latitude, Places and Navigation.
I also did that and maps loaded. Then "Login Failed" message kept coming and it asked me to login to my Google account which I did not want to do. I uninstalled that version of Maps. You had that issue?

Last edited by clevermax : 5th October 2011 at 16:09.
Old 5th October 2011, 16:12   #6039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I also did that and maps loaded. Then "Login Failed" message kept coming and it asked me to login to my Google account which I did not want do, an uninstalled that version of Maps. You had that issue?
Well, if you ask me, I don't exactly remember if I got the 'Login Failed' message or not.

And IIRC, the app either asked the permission to access my Google account or to login using my Google account, which I promptly did. The application is working fine, as of now.
Klub Class is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 17:19   #6040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

As pointed out - clear the cache and do a factory reset after ROM upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I suggest you try again, reset your to factory setting and install it again.
Thanks... did that. Cleared the cache and reset to factory settings....multiple times. Did not work.

After that I went back to the "India specific" 2.3.3 firmware using another dl from samfirmware.com. After the downgrade, when I connected the phone to Kies, Kies wanted to upgrade the firmware to XWKF3 and I let it.

So Kies downloaded the "official" firmware and installed it.

Still wifi does not work.
Old 5th October 2011, 18:00   #6041
Senior - BHPian

SONY ERICSSON NEO V (HAIDA MT11i) ANDROID+VAT BILL + 1 YEAR MANUFACTURE WARRANTY | eBay , this item seems to be selling like hot cakes.

Any reviews of the Xperia Neo V ? I like the way it looks , and features seem good for the price.

PS : I am in no way associated with the seller.
Old 5th October 2011, 18:48   #6042
Senior - BHPian

Alright guys,

I have again reset my S2 to factory settings after clearing cache and still the wifi refuses to work. I think I will have to pay a visit to the support centre.

Posting my firmware details below. Please confirm if they look ok for an India phone since I dont want any warranty issues with samsung. Also does everything match up ok ? Kernel, PDA, PHONE, CSC Etc?

p.s. I never rooted my phone and this firmware was installed by Kies.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-sc20111005184110.jpegAndroid Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-sc20111005183626.jpeg

Last edited by AbhiJ : 5th October 2011 at 18:53.
Old 5th October 2011, 19:57   #6043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
SONY ERICSSON NEO V (HAIDA MT11i) ANDROID+VAT BILL + 1 YEAR MANUFACTURE WARRANTY | eBay , this item seems to be selling like hot cakes.

Any reviews of the Xperia Neo V ? I like the way it looks , and features seem good for the price.

PS : I am in no way associated with the seller.
Even I have my eyes on that model...

One question though, how are they selling it with a "manufacturer warranty" when the phone hasn't been launched here yet?

Reviews say that it is same as the Xperia Neo but with a downgraded camera. Not sure if they share the same battery though.

PS: Even Flipkart and Letsbuy are just accepting pre-orders, last time I checked
Old 5th October 2011, 23:49   #6044
Senior - BHPian

Something Big is coming on Oct 11th.

Possibly a Nexus Prime? Possibly a Samsung phone with 4.6 inch screen?

From teaser pic, it looks very slim and stunning. Can't wait to see what's in store.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-nprime1.jpg  

Last edited by chevelle : 5th October 2011 at 23:54.
Old 6th October 2011, 00:24   #6045
BHPian

Updated from Darky's Rom V8 to V10.2EE for the SGS last night and now the phone flies! Not that it would make much of a difference, but I got a Quadrant score of 1921.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks