Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2015, 16:35   #20536
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Which is the best free app for emailing on the phone ? Needs to be used for outlook office 365.
Old 29th January 2015, 19:10   #20537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Also, take a look at the htc Desire range. They are excellent at a somewhat lower price. Sense alone makes the htc worth it.
Are you sure? From my experience, Sense is equally pathetic like TouchWiz. Both these interfaces are nightmare specially in the low-mid spec devices. You will know once you use Nexus or Motorola devices having stock or near to stock Android versions and even a low spec device like MotoE dusts the mid range HTCs/Samsungs in terms of performance during daily day usage. And about ease of usage, personally I find stock Android much easier to use compared to the versions running under confusing Sense or Touchwiz skins.
Old 29th January 2015, 19:15   #20538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Which is the best free app for emailing on the phone ? Needs to be used for outlook office 365.
I am using CloudMagic, it is able to sync 5 (IIRC) email account of gmail, yahoo and my office outlook 365
Old 29th January 2015, 19:34   #20539
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
I am using CloudMagic, it is able to sync 5 (IIRC) email account of gmail, yahoo and my office outlook 365
Why not the official Microsoft app? Have a look at recently launched OWA:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nge.mowa&hl=en

Also there is a new app from Google called 'Inbox' which was supposed to work as unified email app but don't know what happened, right now supports only Gmail. Though its got many useful features like to-do management, snoozing notifications, setting up reminders, grouping the emils etc. I am using it for Gmail. Works on smartphone as well as in computer browsers : http://www.google.co.in/inbox/

Last edited by tbppjpr : 29th January 2015 at 19:41.
Old 29th January 2015, 19:38   #20540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Are you sure? From my experience, Sense is equally pathetic like TouchWiz. Both these interfaces are nightmare specially in the low-mid spec devices. You will know once you use Nexus or Motorola devices having stock or near to stock Android versions and even a low spec device like MotoE dusts the mid range HTCs/Samsungs in terms of performance during daily day usage. And about ease of usage, personally I find stock Android much easier to use compared to the versions running under confusing Sense or Touchwiz skins.
It depends on the internal memory (no longer an issue these days) and RAM available. On old hardware like the chacha, your point was valid. http://freerider.in/drupal/General/H...ng_term_review was my own review!

Sense is >> Touchwiz in terms of finesse and eye candy. Could you be specific here?

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_mini-5505.php runs sense and all other apps just fine in spite of just a 1.4 ghz dual core processor.

Other desire 816/820 users like bluevolt are really happy with their phones (in the same price band).

And yes, MotoE is an optimized rockstar phone courtesy no-bloat but that doesn't mean Sense-like eye candy is painful.

Of course, CC1400 make sure the RAM and processor is decent + there are enough heavy user reviews before buying. (e.g Desire 8xx series is good as long as snapdragon processors are there like http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_816-6073.php http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_820-6636.php , not the mediatek 1.3 ghz quadcore dualsim version which is crap http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_8...l_sim-6736.php ).
Old 29th January 2015, 19:42   #20541
BHPian

I got my Lollipop update notification for my Moto G2.

I want opinion from other Moto G2 users who are already using Lollipop.
Should I wait and watch or go for it?
Old 29th January 2015, 19:54   #20542
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Basic question: Why an extra app and why not the native email App?
Old 29th January 2015, 22:37   #20543
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows how to get a verification code from Google, the code is sent to my phone and I'm not able to read it to enter it. Mailing Google is of no use , the lollipop update corrupted the data and now I can't unlock the phone, I understand why apple had a rocking quarter, this update managed to brick a perfectly normal phone.
Old 29th January 2015, 22:49   #20544
Distinguished - BHPian

My Fonepad has, it seems, upgraded to Kitkat (4.4.2).

I opened a file browser to find a notice: Google has now made my (as in my) SD card read-only to apps that did not come from google or the phone supplier.

It's too late now, but mental note to self to go back to regarding all firm- and soft-ware upgrades with deep suspicion. If it is not broken, do not fix it

The practical impact of this will probably not be very great, but, in principle, I am outraged!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 29th January 2015 at 22:50.
Old 29th January 2015, 22:59   #20545

Go for inbox by Google. Its invite only so you will have to hunt for one
Old 29th January 2015, 23:02   #20546

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
It depends on the internal memory (no longer an issue these days) and RAM available. On old hardware like the chacha, your point was valid.
I feel that the stock ui or should I say material design is beautiful. It doesn't eat ram. Consumes less power, resources. A real blessing from Matius Duarte. The brains behind this.

[b]Note from Support: Post edited for grammar.[/]b
Old 29th January 2015, 23:10   #20547
BHPian

Totally agree Thad. Upgraded my nexus 7 to lollipop and its a virtual snail now. I'm not upgrading my nexus 4 now. Lollipop has garnered lot of negative reviews in the android family now
Old 29th January 2015, 23:13   #20548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Anyone knows how to get a verification code from Google, the code is sent to my phone and I'm not able to read it to enter it.
If you are trying to login into your account during first boot then you won't see the SMS notification or can't access the SMS till you login or finish up the boot process.

To overcome such situation, Google provides facility of preset backup codes which you can generate and note down at some safe place. In case of the situation like above, you can use one of the unused backup code. You can not use the backup code which you have already used.

Generate your backup codes by visiting this link : https://www.google.com/accounts/SmsAuthConfig
Old 29th January 2015, 23:22   #20549
BHPian

How is the Lenovo A6000 ? Anyone used it?

Looking to change from my Lumia 525 to an android phone.

Was considering the Redmi 1S but friends suggested me to stay away from it, the Android One is good but I hate all three brands, the Moto E has limited features.

So now I'm left with the Lenovo A6000 and Huawei Honor Holly.
Old 29th January 2015, 23:29   #20550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
How is the Lenovo A6000 ? Anyone used it?

Looking to change from my Lumia 525 to an android phone.

Was considering the Redmi 1S but friends suggested me to stay away from it, the Android One is good but I hate all three brands, the Moto E has limited features.

So now I'm left with the Lenovo A6000 and Huawei Honor Holly.
both motoE and redmi1S are exceptionally VFM and pretty much lag free.

MotoEis just a bit heavier and a little compact.

Redmi has an excellent camera for the price.

Care to explain the boldfaced advise u got?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks