Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2019, 08:41   #28816
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks, any suggestions for a good case for S10+. Primarily looking for something which will help in accidental drops. Also does it make sense to have a screen guard as well?
My S10 came with a screen protector out of the box. And there was a clear case also in the package.
Old 3rd June 2019, 17:08   #28817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
A case not so much . I dont like using a case, it just takes away from the whole thin svelte profile of the phone to start with. You could use one of those thin ones from spigen but they still bulk the phone up. Yes, its a trade off but thats how I do it.
A problem without having a case is with every accidental drop heart will pop out of your mouth. Better safe than sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
My S10 came with a screen protector out of the box. And there was a clear case also in the package.
My wife is using the clear case that came along with the phone but she wants something fancy and better as she is not sure if that suffices. I think there is no screen protector on the phone but will confirm.
Old 3rd June 2019, 17:09   #28818
BHPian

Re: Voice Recording on Android Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Unfortunately no way around it if your stock phone app doesn't support call recording. Only way to use third party recording apps is by rooting your phone
I am done with rooting my 'Asus Max Pro M1'. Even then, 'ACR' app does NOT record the voice of other party.

Could you please help me resolve this issue?

Old 4th June 2019, 09:24   #28819
BHPian

Hello Gurus,

I have a question & can be considered as a dumbest ever raised?

I have a Micromax Funbook duo, which is as good as dead. It only boots & displays. Response after Clicking on any app to load will take ages. Screen & touch panel are working fine though.
I have another android "Canvas 2" working fine. Which was retired after i got a new phone as a gift.

My Question is : Can I make some changes in setup & use Funbook's Screen & touch panel to route the display of Canvas 2?
Old 4th June 2019, 09:55   #28820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I am done with rooting my 'Asus Max Pro M1'. Even then, 'ACR' app does NOT record the voice of other party.

The Android pie update disables the other party call recording even with root. Your only option is to go for a phone with in built call recording. Mi phones had this feature . Do not know if the current lineup has the feature. Maybe other users can pitch in.
Old 4th June 2019, 11:44   #28821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The Android pie update disables the other party call recording even with root. Your only option is to go for a phone with in built call recording. Mi phones had this feature . Do not know if the current lineup has the feature. Maybe other users can pitch in.
Well! I was all under impression that 'root' would enable my 'Asus Max Pro M1' to record voice calls! I NEVER knew that 'Android Pie' disables call recording on even rooted device! Had put all efforts to 'root' the device!

What's the rationale for this downgrade?
Old 4th June 2019, 11:57   #28822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Your only option is to go for a phone with in built call recording.
JMARURU, My Samsung Note 8 with the Pie update has built in call recording. I feel it may be available across the range, check it out if you like. Earlier my phone used to only record random calls, now it seems to be recording everything.

Third party apps not being able to record with the Pie update must be due to privacy concerns. Google has enough on its plate with lawsuits etc and must be wanting to steer clear of any additional problems.

Cheers
Old 4th June 2019, 14:36   #28823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well! I was all under impression that 'root' would enable my 'Asus Max Pro M1' to record voice calls! I NEVER knew that 'Android Pie' disables call recording on even rooted device! Had put all efforts to 'root' the device!

What's the rationale for this downgrade?
Stems from the US law which states that conversion cannot be recorded without other party consent. Phones sold in US have the option disabled even though the option is available in other countries.

Hence your best bet to get a phone with Inbuilt voice recording .
Old 4th June 2019, 14:46   #28824
BHPian

Quote:

I tested on my phone. After installation, ACR app mentioned the limitation in Pie due to which they cannot truly record both sides of the call, but as a workaround they can record from the earpiece which might work on some phones in quiet surroundings. I tested it and seemed to work fine for me and i could record both sides of conversation without rooting my phone. But I don't know why it didn't work for you. I tested using ACR app by NLL, if that helps.
Old 4th June 2019, 14:59   #28825
BHPian

Quote:

Try writing to the developer. On a rooted phone anything is possible. He may be able to hack out something for you. (And for others facing the same problem). Good luck!
Old 4th June 2019, 15:56   #28826
BANNED

I have not rooted my phone for over five years. How do you upgrade. I hope you do not install all apps again!
Old 4th June 2019, 16:41   #28827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
............but as a workaround they can record from the earpiece which might work on some phones in quiet surroundings
So, does that mean you should always be wired to record the calls?
If so, it does NOT help!
Old 7th June 2019, 12:59   #28828
BHPian

Is anybody using mobile brought from South East Asian countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand etc and using here?
What precautions one has to take if one wants to bring from these countries? Say like using it in that country for few minutes call, sms etc.
I want to bring a Sony mobile through friend visiting Singapore. Model Xperia 10 if available or else XZ3 or XZ2 if available at low prices. I do not like notch.
Old 7th June 2019, 13:22   #28829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
If you are planning to keep it for 2 more years, go for a battery change.

Had done battery replacements, and it was good
Thanks. Got the battery changed yesterday from a motorola service centre for Rs 1850. They didn't have it in stock and placed an order and it arrived in 2 days. I saw quite a few customers visiting for a battery change.

Been using it for a day and the battery drainage looks a lot less , but need to see it for some more days.

My phone usage is really limited and spending another 12-15K for a new phone made no sense. The battery change worked out a lot more economical. Hoping it lasts me another 2 years.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 7th June 2019 at 13:30.
Old 7th June 2019, 13:36   #28830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Is anybody using mobile brought from South East Asian countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand etc and using here?
What precautions one has to take if one wants to bring from these countries? Say like using it in that country for few minutes call, sms etc.
I want to bring a Sony mobile through friend visiting Singapore. Model Xperia 10 if available or else XZ3 or XZ2 if available at low prices. I do not like notch.
Suggest you avoid all sony phones. Sony india mobile has shut down and exited the indian market. You will have nowhere to go for warranty claims if any.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks