Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 15:42   #3661
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Guys,
My cousin has been offered a VIN 12 Red diesel ambition rapid with a discount of 1, 30, 000 /- .

Is it worth buying a 2012 model when attractive discounts are given? Can we bargain more?

Any problems that might arise as the car will be parked for a long time?

Will it affect resale value when sold after 4-5 yrslook forward to your suggestions.
Thanks
Chetan
That's a pretty good discount. When you will sell the car you will obviously get a lower price than the 2013 model but youre anyway getting the car for cheaper so it shouldn't make much of a difference I guess.
Old 9th July 2013, 18:56   #3662
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Finally - HONDA City V AT Sunroof coming home

Booking Date - 09 July 2013

Colour - White

Dealer - Linkway Honda, Chandivali (Near Powai)

Registration - Mumbai

OTR - 12.8 with Zero Dep Insurance

Accessories Selected of 60K - Bumper Corner Protector, Side Moulding strips, Door Garnish strip with Illuminated City, 3D Mats, Ambient light - Yello, Honda CD Player (This is not AVN) , Reverse Camera mirror. All accessories are from Honda Broucher except Reverse Camera.

Delivery Date - 21st July 2013 (As available in stock)

Overall Closed the deal for 12.99 with Accessories, Extended Warranty for 2 more years & RSA for 4 Years

On top of all above - also got Coupons worth 10k to be availed during paid service. This was given when asked for more discount.

Overall I am happy to be able to extract good deal from Honda.

I am keeping NCB certificate for next year renewal.

Thanks for all reviews and comments on various City threads.

This was too much of circus and a full circle back to Honda again where we started the new car search.

I must say that first time I am seeing followup calls to check the quality of interaction at every step of the process like first conversation with SA, TD quality, Deal Interactions.
Firebird is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 20:44   #3663
BHPian

Hyundai has a few offers up its sleeve for July
Source: http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Shoppin...ers/index.html

Old 9th July 2013, 22:53   #3664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlvl View Post
Hyundai has a few offers up its sleeve for July
Source: http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Shoppin...ers/index.html
I was offered 13k off on a Petrol i20. Guess the remaining is either through negotiation or some fancy crap like exchange/loyalty bonus.
Old 10th July 2013, 09:34   #3665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I was offered 13k off on a Petrol i20. Guess the remaining is either through negotiation or some fancy crap like exchange/loyalty bonus.
I was offered 10k cashback and 5k corporate discount. But that was even before this ad made the rounds (in last week of June). Will re enquire this week.
Old 10th July 2013, 09:43   #3666
Senior - BHPian

Checked with Metro Ford when I went to test drive few cars of any deals.

On Classic 1.6- free insurance or corporate discount of almost 45k if the company is in their list.
Exchange bonus- 10k.
This I guess is Valid on all the Ford cars , except Ecosport.

Maruti- Alto k10/Estilio/Astar all with 25k discount and 25k exchange bonus. Ritz P has a discount and exchange put together amounting to 40k.

Regards
Old 10th July 2013, 16:22   #3667
BHPian

Audi Cars To Cost More!

Audi cars to cost more!

• Increase of up to 4 percent across Audi model range

• New Prices effective from July 15, 2013

According to Michael Perschke, Head, Audi India: "The overall market scenario is challenging. The depreciating rupee and rise in input cost have made us re-evaluate our pricing strategy in India and increase the prices of the entire range. However, we are offering the customers customized and innovative finance options from Audi Finance which will make their purchase more attractive.”

Audi Q5 price increases by INR 1,52,000, Audi A6 price increases by INR 1,80,000 and Audi R8 price increases by INR 4,42,000.

“In spite of the challenges, Audi is the growth driver of the luxury market in India. Audi India is also growing from strength to strength with 26 dealerships and new product launches like Audi RS 5 and Audi S6. Keeping our performance in mind, we are confident of achieving our target for the year”, added Mr. Perschke.

The luxury carmaker registered a total sale of 750 units sold in June 2013, a growth of 4 percent over the same period last year (June 2012: 718 units). For the period January to June 2013, the brand with the four rings grew by 21 percent, delivering 4846 units as compared to 4000 units during January to June 2012.

Audi India plans to expand its network to 34 dealerships by the end of 2013 from its existing 26 centers.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-images.jpg  

Last edited by captain.torque : 10th July 2013 at 16:24.
Old 10th July 2013, 20:16   #3668
BHPian

Re: Audi Cars To Cost More!

Not surprised, expect prices of all CKB imports to go up across the board with the hit that the rupee has taken.
Old 10th July 2013, 22:21   #3669
BHPian

But the unfortunate thing is that, if and when the Rupee regains, the prices will not be lowered again. Leading to higher profit margins for the manufacturers no doubt, but a losing situation for the buyer.
As an example, the same thing happened with the Accord. There was a time when the Honda Accord was the same price as that of a Laura, but now competes with the Superb instead.
rowhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 23:29   #3670
BHPian

I have an offer for purchasing a new Swift ZDI in chennai before Friday, 13th July. I am not in a hurry but the offer is inviting.

Consumer Offer - Rs 15,000/-
Exchange Bonus - Rs 15,000/-
Corporate Discount - Rs 5,000/-
Gold Coin - Rs 2,500/- (They are also willing to give cash)

I am skeptical here because they want me to book by this Friday and they are really pushing hard, is there something brewing?.

Till last month they had a maximum offer of Rs 10,000/- exchange bonus and suddenly its Rs 37,500/- in total. Should I go for it or wait?
Old 10th July 2013, 23:36   #3671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
I have an offer for purchasing a new Swift ZDI in chennai before Friday, 13th July. I am not in a hurry but the offer is inviting.

Consumer Offer - Rs 15,000/-
Exchange Bonus - Rs 15,000/-
Corporate Discount - Rs 5,000/-
Gold Coin - Rs 2,500/- (They are also willing to give cash)

I am skeptical here because they want me to book by this Friday and they are really pushing hard, is there something brewing?.

Till last month they had a maximum offer of Rs 10,000/- exchange bonus and suddenly its Rs 37,500/- in total. Should I go for it or wait?
Typicaly the month of Aadi (July 15 to Aug 14) on the Tamil calendar is a period of dull sales in the south, don't hold me on this but most dealers offer better discounts during this period to incentivise purchases.
Old 11th July 2013, 00:27   #3672
Senior - BHPian

What's up with the discounts on Ritz petrol, my friend is looking forward to buy vxi, anyone can help me with this please?
Old 11th July 2013, 08:51   #3673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Guys,
My cousin has been offered a VIN 12 Red diesel ambition rapid with a discount of 1, 30, 000 /- .

Is it worth buying a 2012 model when attractive discounts are given? Can we bargain more?...
That's a bloody good discount IMO. I was at Vinayak Skoda yesterday hoping for a good deal on a 2012 Laura F/L Ambition 2.0 TDI CT- A/T and the best they could offer was a 1L discount bringing the on road price to 19L without Ext Warranty and Drive Assure. Considering the depreciation these cars face in their 1st year, launch of the 2013 Octavia around the corner and the dismal sales figures of the Laura, i was hoping at least a 2L discount was on the cards with free Ext Warranty and Drive assure (must for Skoda cars). On the 2013 one, they offered free Insurance(~52K).

What really surprised me was none of the Laura's OEM Audio offered USB connectivity

Meanwhile if anybody is interested, the car is still there. They also offering the same discount on a 2012 Laura F/L Elegance 2.0 TDI CT- A/T (+2L).
Old 11th July 2013, 09:54   #3674
BHPian

All this because of an economy slipping to the wrong side. This has not just taken the automobile industry but many other sectors are feeling the pinch. I think Mercedes and BMW will follow suit as well. So people looking to buy a car, buy it now!

P.S I think the rupee is still in the high 59s as i talk. I got a few thousand dollars to encash XD!
Old 11th July 2013, 10:44   #3675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
What's up with the discounts on Ritz petrol, my friend is looking forward to buy vxi, anyone can help me with this please?
Maruti has an ongoing Consumer Promotional offer of 20K on Ritz Petrol and 25K on Ritz Diesel. If he's working in some corporate company he might get additional 3K off. And then, well, it all depends on what all can you bargain for. I'm also talking to 2-3 dealers and I'm getting Basic Accessories waived off with PPF coating and Free car cover, along with few more things on a discounted price. Ask him to get quotes from different dealers and bargain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks