Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2020, 15:06   #1996
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this document in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Accessories brochure of the upcoming Thar appears to have leaked. Attaching the full brochure. What caught me was a picture of the Jimny in one of the pages.

The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-screen-shot-20200912-3.03.23-pm.png

Jimny?
The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-screen-shot-20200912-3.03.30-pm.png

The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-screen-shot-20200912-3.03.39-pm.png
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Thar (W501) Accessories Catalogue_2nd Sep 20-2-2.pdf (4.11 MB, 4355 views)

Last edited by blackwasp : 12th September 2020 at 15:07.
blackwasp is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 15:14   #1997
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this document in.
The second image is of a Jimny, without a doubt!

The kink in the windshield and the difference in roofline is a dead giveaway.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 15:57   #1998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
LX Manual Hardtop at 12.74 lacs ex showroom for Bangalore would translate to almost 16 lacs plus on road.
At this price you are in the Harrier territory (XE costs 17.53 lacs on road).
You are right, if ex-showroom or on-road is the criteria then any car within the 10 to 15 lakhs ex-showroom - think Amaze, Ecosport, Sonet, Venue, Brezza, Ciaz, City, Verna, Rapid, Vento, XUV3OO, Nexon, Duster, S-Cross, WRV, Yaris, Seltos, Scorpio, Creta, Hector, Harrier - top variants of C Segments to base variants of D Segment, will all be contenders better in comfort, features, ride & handling, NVH - almost all aspects of the head.

But then anyone considering a Thar in comparo with any of these cars will not buy the Thar - no, I'm not talking fanboy-ism here. Thar is a specialized segment, one which has little to no competition except for maybe the Gurkha, Jimny and Bronco (whenever they launch), and is bought by those who very well know the compromises they'll be making. The new Thar is trying to bridge the comfort/ convenience gap between 'Thar' and these C/ D Segment rides - but it can never be a replacement for them.

This, sir, is one for the heart. No two thoughts about it!

Last edited by ph03n!x : 12th September 2020 at 15:59.
ph03n!x is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 16:14   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this document in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Accessories brochure of the upcoming Thar appears to have leaked. Attaching the full brochure. What caught me was a picture of the Jimny in one of the pages.

Attachment 2054602

Jimny?
Attachment 2054601

Attachment 2054600
Thank you for sharing. It appears to be a shoddy, un-approved by Mahindra brochure, which must have been leaked by a 3rd party outsourcing company to seek attention. Image of a Jimny, tons of grammatical errors, incorrect spellings etc.

Further, I was seriously hoping Mahindra might give an option to fit a roof mounting rack/carrier, considering the mediocre boot space of the 2020 Thar. I wonder how they missed it And so are the LED headlamps, the company fitted ones with warranty would definitely attract a lot of owners.

On the positives, I liked the amplifier and Subwoofer option, but need to see how the sounds quality is!
Venku2015 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 19:44   #2000
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
Further, I was seriously hoping Mahindra might give an option to fit a roof mounting rack/carrier, considering the mediocre boot space of the 2020 Thar.
Under ground parking lots are already just inches away with the stock roof and in some cases too low. You will be looking towards the ceiling and driving
Kosfactor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 19:50   #2001
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Under ground parking lots are already just inches away with the stock roof and in some cases too low. You will be looking towards the ceiling and driving

Are you serious? It did not look THAT tall a vehicle surely?
Old 12th September 2020, 20:03   #2002
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
On the positives, I liked the amplifier and Subwoofer option, but need to see how the sounds quality is!
Quite interesting indeed. Looks like someone in Mahindra seems to have given decent thought to audio as well.

The factory + accessory options are -

1. Dashboard mounted speakers - 5" co-axials.
2. Center roof mounted speakers - 6" components.
3. 4-channel amplifier for the speakers
4. Monoblock for the sub woofer.
5. Choice of large or thin enclosure sub woofers.

Wondering if that slim P8 -V6 subwoofer can be placed underneath the rear seat without ruining (the already non-existent) boot space? It is ideally designed to be concealed inside the spare wheel well and needs only above 15cm depth.

The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-screenshot_20200912194806_chrome.jpg

The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-screenshot_20200912200147_gallery.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th September 2020 at 20:12.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 20:58   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
You are right, if ex-showroom or on-road is the criteria then any car within the 10 to 15 lakhs ex-showroom - think Amaze, Ecosport, Sonet, Venue, Brezza, Ciaz, City, Verna, Rapid, Vento, XUV3OO, Nexon, Duster, S-Cross, WRV, Yaris, Seltos, Scorpio, Creta, Hector, Harrier - top variants of C Segments to base variants of D Segment, will all be contenders better in comfort, features, ride & handling, NVH - almost all aspects of the head.

But then anyone considering a Thar in comparo with any of these cars will not buy the Thar - no, I'm not talking fanboy-ism here. Thar is a specialized segment, one which has little to no competition except for maybe the Gurkha, Jimny and Bronco (whenever they launch), and is bought by those who very well know the compromises they'll be making. The new Thar is trying to bridge the comfort/ convenience gap between 'Thar' and these C/ D Segment rides - but it can never be a replacement for them.

This, sir, is one for the heart. No two thoughts about it!
I agree and that's exactly my point. For the pure Thar lovers for its unmatched offroad capability, why would you want to spend 17 lacs only to bash it offroad. You could save the moolah and yet get the same hardware in AX.
Ofcourse, I am a non Jeeper and Thar is an aspiration which somehow is becoming a compromise in present LX avatar.
As a person who is trying to somehow convince everyone in family tovget one as the sole car, I am trying to find ways to live with its compromises (read no boot space and rear seat entry), but the price point is making the the heart also bleed.
Again, may be I have not got into the Jeep bug to the point needed, but was that not the exact point of the new Thar to let people like me get convinced? The jeepers were always convinced.
justwheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 21:59   #2004
Senior - BHPian

I have a question for Jeep and off-road experts.

How different will the LX be compared to the bare-bone AX version in terms of off-roading. Will it be more capable or the same as an AX?
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 23:10   #2005
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Are you serious? It did not look THAT tall a vehicle surely?
One of the tallest passenger vehicles on sale at the moment. Try cleaning the roof
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 00:08   #2006
BHPian

Hey guys, apologies if I have missed this earlier but asking as it’ll heavily impact my choice for choosing the right variant so thanks in advance for helping out; can we remove the front part of the ‘fixed roof’ of the new Thar like this with the use of Tools for them occasional air in the hair ? The circled portion in the Red Thar on the variant with fixed roof by default
The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-6447c2c4082648f7bfe1a7dbab583adb.jpeg

The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-257fcc9cf1284863920fc6a96bbdfdcd.jpeg
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 10:57   #2007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Quite interesting indeed. Looks like someone in Mahindra seems to have given decent thought to audio as well.
Thanks for Sharing, I was wondering on the ICE part since Thar comes with inbuilt ICE with features tide to the vehicle.

One of the best experience I had with factory fixed audio components was in Tata HEXA. The JBL system was way good.

Thar having 4 channel amp and a monoblock for sub is a good option provided it's as good as other systems. Now am eagerly waiting for someone to post their experience once the car is rolled out.
Kannan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 11:17   #2008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Hey guys, apologies if I have missed this earlier but asking as it’ll heavily impact my choice for choosing the right variant so thanks in advance for helping out; can we remove the front part of the ‘fixed roof’ of the new Thar like this with the use of Tools for them occasional air in the hair ? The circled portion in the Red Thar on the variant with fixed roof by default
Attachment 2054817

Attachment 2054821
It’s a valid doubt most of us have, whether the front and rear portions are separately removable like wrangler? It would influence me greatly too when I need to make a choice, for the hardtop over the convertible-soft if both are separately removable.

As regards the accessories brochure, what I would have loved is a reverse camera and if possible front parking sensors too. It may be a lifestyle vehicle but for a jeep which needs to spend 90% of its time as an everyday car it would have been great to have. Especially considering the rear visibility.
Hope the head unit is compatible to a reverse camera and an aftermarket figment is ready.
Other than that I would change the grille and change to better speakers with a sub and probably add two more hella’s in front for an even more macho look.

Last edited by spkrnh : 13th September 2020 at 11:19.
spkrnh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 12:33   #2009
BHPian

Of the accessories I liked just the magnetic window screens- wonder if it is available for the rear side glass and rear glass as well ?
Everything else that can be stuck on (chrome, other plastic bits) is purely a waste of time and money.

Last edited by sjcherian : 13th September 2020 at 12:34. Reason: Formatting
sjcherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 13:00   #2010
HTC
BANNED

Can some experienced jeep users throw light on usable mods for luggage capacity. I have a almost 10 yr old first gen figo. Have decided to retain it as city and intercity commuter. Fed up of searching used 4x4 for touring purpose in namma bengaluru.
My requirements are 4x4, safe and long distance touring potential with family( me, wife, 9yr old + a toddler).
Since I missed buying new gypsy and duster awd and they are no longer available now, serioulsy contemplating on new thar hard top.

But the luggage scenario is a serious downer. Waiting to see the car in real to make a decision.
HTC is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks