BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Finally Tiger Shroff got some action

Old 30th August 2019, 07:19   #2447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyyj View Post
No, I would like to know the same as well. I was told the accessories kit will cost Rs 8439, could anyone please tell me what is included in the accessories kit
This is the link to official Kia accessories page.

http://https://www.kia.com/in/servic...es.html#page=1

Last edited by John : 30th August 2019 at 07:20.
Old 30th August 2019, 09:02   #2448
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at Seltos in Vadodara, they were not having any Petrol variant for test drive. Diesel, me and my friend weren't interested in.

1. Front end looks awesome on top trim. The chrome linings around grille aren't flat surface and have some pattern that will need a cleaner wash. Stunning front end presents a very upmarket presence for this car.

2. Nothing that impressive at rear specially when one is bowled over by amazing front end.

3. Interior quality is as expected from Hyundai. However, the instrument console and ICE looks an after-thought (or a copy of Mercedes-Benz designs). Probably with some more effort it could have been better integrated IMO. This is just for me, but I would have preferred a slightly bigger instrument console.

4. Ingress at front : Banged my head when I tried getting into driver's seat. Not supposed to happen in an SUV, am not that tall a person, I usually dont have to take care even in my 2015 Swift. This was rather unusual. Once seated it was comfortable, do note that I am around 100 kgs. and wasn't uncomfortable in seat. But the clutch travel was exceptionally long in Turbo Petrol display vehicle. It meant that even after having electric adjustment if I had to drive the manual trim, a comfortable driving position would never be reached.

5. Rear Seats : Disappointment. Very poor under-thigh support, cant think of spending more than 10 mins in those rear seats, my above average weight could have accentuated the comfort quotient of seats. Legroom was average for a car of this size and price. Not impressive at all. Current generation Creta is better in this regard. Boot space is really good.

6. Hood felt relatively lighter than what I expected, if my memory servers me right, S-cross hood was slightly heavier.

Overall, Seltos is overpriced for what it offers IMO. Dealership experience was good, but not outstanding like MG.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 30th August 2019 at 09:04.
aaggoswami is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 12:15   #2449
BHPian

Hi Bhpians, a quick question/food-for-thought for us experts here , given Kia has now promised a GTX+ 1.5D AT, how many of the GT line features could Kia easily retrofit and how many would ideally require Kia to do an extensive R&D and real-world testing of?

So the additional features that the GTX+ should get over the HTX+ will be the following, along with my opinions:

Exterior:
1. All GT red highlights and badging treatments associated with GT Line - Doable immediately, relatively inexpensive max 2k
2. GT Line alloys - no upsize of wheel - Doable immediately, max 10k difference.

Interior:
1. GT Line pattern upholstery, sporty pedals, GT badging(s) - Doable immediately, relatively inexpensive max 2-5k

Comfort:
1. Rain sensing wipers - Doable immediately since the hardware structure in smart ECM ORVM already there, relatively inexpensive max 3k
2. 8" HUD - Doable immediately, relatively inexpensive max 2k
3. 360 Camera & BVM - Immediately Doable, Again hardware except the side cameras already there, max 10-15k?
4. Change of transmission panel to accommodate drive modes selector Immediately Doable, max 2k differential?

Safety:
1. Side & Curtain Airbags - Doable immediately, relatively inexpensive max 15-20k
2. BA, ESC, VSM, HHC - Doable but would need testing (especially with D-AT box instead of the DCT with the drive modes), max 20k?
3. Multi Drive Modes & Traction Control - Doable but would need testing (especially with D-AT box instead of the DCT with the drive modes), max 10-15k?

Did I miss anything?

So other than the ESC,VSM, MDM & TC that would have to be remapped to the 1.5D TC and tested extensively in different conditions, which I am a little skeptical about, given Kia didn't got enough time IMO to plan for these.

Also the price differential b/w HTX+ and GTX+ 1.5D AT should add up to IMO only 70-75k and (I hope) not 1L as expected. As else it will definitely be an even pricier trade-off. Also when do you think Kia would be able to launch this version in all likelihood, given they will need to test it!
AGwagon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 14:06   #2450
BHPian

A product can't be sold at the cost of making the product. They too need a profit that will help expand their brand in India and help in functioning of the brand in the current state (salaries, service, etc) . It's a business not a charitable association.
momsonlydriver is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 15:55   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
A product can't be sold at the cost of making the product. They too need a profit that will help expand their brand in India and help in functioning of the brand in the current state (salaries, service, etc) . It's a business not a charitable association.
There is no point in getting into their cost n profits, I am sure none of us would be in a position to make that judgement on Kia's behalf. More so, I am assuming they must have been making money on the HTX+ variant also.

You sir, seems to be completely sold on the Seltos pricing, to most of us, it seemed a bit overpriced already. But all for a good cause heh?!
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 18:11   #2452
Senior - BHPian

What are the odds of features like the HUD getting installed on variants such as the HTX Diesel manual?

Would it be possible to add features from higher variants? Buy the base model and build up to your dream configuration?
Old 30th August 2019, 18:19   #2453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
What are the odds of features like the HUD getting installed on variants such as the HTX Diesel manual?

Would it be possible to add features from higher variants? Buy the base model and build up to your dream configuration?
It would be difficult to procure the parts, messy to install, unreliable, expensive and risky (of loosing the warrantee)
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 21:06   #2454
BHPian

Quote:

It would be far easier to install something like this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303...chweb201603_53
Old 30th August 2019, 21:14   #2455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303...chweb201603_53
Yeah. I've seen quite a few of these. Especially ones which project the information directly on the windshield. Check this :

HUD

Need to see real world reviews and check which one's compatible with the Seltos.

Last edited by coolkurt : 30th August 2019 at 21:19.
Old 30th August 2019, 21:48   #2456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It would be difficult to procure the parts, messy to install, unreliable, expensive and risky (of loosing the warrantee)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post

Quote:
Yeah. I've seen quite a few of these. Especially ones which project the information directly on the windshield.

Need to see real world reviews and check which one's compatible with the Seltos.
For people looking for a HUD, I have done an install in my Brezza, you can see it here - Link (Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+)
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 11:08   #2457
NGM
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea about the actual delivery start date for seltos?

Are they really ready for delivery. They have done the release in phases to keep the market engaged, but no dates for delivery to customers. Will it happen in September?

Keenly waiting for a very detailed review from teambhp team
Old 31st August 2019, 12:17   #2458
BHPian

Booked the HTX 1.5L Petrol at Advaith Hyundai Lalbagh on 27/08/2019 . Dealer said that HTK Plus he could give by Sept 2nd itself! Have booked steel silver. Dealer has promised delivery by Oct 1st.
Old 31st August 2019, 14:06   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Does anyone have any idea about the actual delivery start date for seltos?

Are they really ready for delivery. They have done the release in phases to keep the market engaged, but no dates for delivery to customers. Will it happen in September?

Keenly waiting for a very detailed review from teambhp team
Deliveries have already begun as per Facebook groups photos of people receiving the cars. Not sure which dealer or City.

You can search for Kia seltos groups on FB for more info.
Old 31st August 2019, 16:36   #2460

I test drove the DCT, amazing turbo kicks in at 1500 rpm, had to drive the car in eco mode to have a linear power delivery. Suspension didn't feel the best over pot holes, I had driven the Civic on the same road and it was way better. In terms of engine and gear shifts it was unparalleled, will be very hard to top the ride quality.
autoenthu88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks