Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2021, 16:32   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: License Renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
I cannot, however, figure out how to get it done online, all the news articles say it has started but where and how?
This is the correct link for Aadhar based online process:

https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sar...teSelection.do

Try it and let us know outcome.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 19:30   #152
BANNED

@doctorsmile82 - you've to submit change of address thro online and then you can renew your DL. Without change of address, you have to get the DL renewed@Murshidabad RTO. Hope this helps.
Old 6th March 2021, 21:48   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
This is the correct link for Aadhar based online process:

https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sar...teSelection.do

Try it and let us know outcome.
Yes, i tried using this same exact link/website in the morning, it accepted the application and then mentioned that i need to pay online and then go to RTO with my documents, no where in the entire process was there any mention of RTO.

Just out of curiosity i changed my state to Delhi (from Haryana), and it instantly popped up a banner saying "faceless" service available online and no need to visit RTO for the same, obviously it is of no use for me as i'am based in Gurgaon, but apparently it is only available for Delhi right now, i tried a few other states including Maharashtra and Punjab but it only showed that banner when Delhi was selected. I'am attaching the relevant screenshot with this post.

When Delhi was selected this banner appeared over the page.
License Renewal-2e6ffd7fc97f49aa928fb000fd9e3f95.png

When Haryana was selected it went straight to this and the rest of the process went in the manner I mentioned in my previous post.
License Renewal-03df9ec6666b44949eb7b55fd3e33cf4.png

This is my application window by the way, this is what it says there
License Renewal-3f8381bf818b4fe09f430851078b5446.jpeg

Last edited by Rocketscience : 6th March 2021 at 21:54.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 18:57   #154
BHPian

I have separate Motorcycle and Car driver licenses in Telangana.

Anyone know what the process is to combine them both? Couldn't find any answers or slot booking transactions on the RTO portal.
Old 11th March 2021, 21:41   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I have separate Motorcycle and Car driver licenses in Telangana.

Anyone know what the process is to combine them both? Couldn't find any answers or slot booking transactions on the RTO portal.
It is illegal to hold two licenses and it's considered a crime. If you hold two licenses, by mistake, you need to surrender one license and endorse the second license with another class of vehicle.

My personal suggestion: Don't ignore the suggestion above and continue to hold two licenses separately. Kindly surrender one license immediately. You may need to spend some amount and time, but it is worth the effort.

If you get caught, you can be put behind bars.(I am really sorry for sounding very Harsh but it is reality)
Old 15th March 2021, 15:20   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
It is illegal to hold two licenses and it's considered a crime. If you hold two licenses, by mistake, you need to surrender one license and endorse the second license with another class of vehicle.

My personal suggestion: Don't ignore the suggestion above and continue to hold two licenses separately. Kindly surrender one license immediately. You may need to spend some amount and time, but it is worth the effort.

If you get caught, you can be put behind bars.(I am really sorry for sounding very Harsh but it is reality)
Oh. The two licenses are for separate classes of vehicles. Had no clue that was illegal. When I got my car license, they didn't show any interest in my already-attained motorcycle DL at that time.

Have to figure out what the process is to get them combined. Would be happy to know if anyone here has dealt with something like this before!
Old 25th March 2021, 18:34   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Oh. The two licenses are for separate classes of vehicles. Had no clue that was illegal. When I got my car license, they didn't show any interest in my already-attained motorcycle DL at that time.

Have to figure out what the process is to get them combined. Would be happy to know if anyone here has dealt with something like this before!
I think this is not illegal - since one is for 2-wheeler and other is for 4-wheeler.

Question - is Form1A to be signed by any doctor in any private hospital or some government registered doctor panel only?

Last edited by Ragul : 25th March 2021 at 18:39.
Old 16th April 2021, 09:07   #158
BHPian

OK so I have this basic query--am a senior citizen ( 75 years ) living in Haryana( Panchkula) and my driving license needs to be renewed in a months time. D/L is issued for only 5 years. I notice a lot of websites wanting to assist in the process. Can someone recommend a trustworthy site where I can get renewal done online without having to move out during these COVID times to the RTO office. I have no issue paying the facilitation fee. Will I need to go to an eye doctor? Otherwise eyesight is fine and have been driving for normal chores.
Old 16th April 2021, 09:30   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkr15 View Post
OK so I have this basic query--am a senior citizen ( 75 years ) living in Haryana( Panchkula) and my driving license needs to be renewed in a months time. D/L is issued for only 5 years
Recently, there is an announcement that RTO visit is not required for DL renewal in many states. All you need to do is follow step by step procedure in parivahan site and upload all required documents and pay the fees.

You may have to download medical certificate template from same site, fill it and get signatures from registered medical practitioner. Post signature, upload the certificate along with other documents.

Please check if your location is also mentioned in that category of states where RTO visit is not required.

In my opinion, it is fairly simple and straight forward to renew DL as DYI.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 13:18   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Recently, there is an announcement that RTO visit is not required for DL renewal in many states. All you need to do is follow step by step procedure in parivahan site and upload all required documents and pay the fees.

Please check if your location is also mentioned in that category of states where RTO visit is not required.

I need to renew my mother's DL and I cannot find out if renewing in Bangalore requires you to visit the RTO even after filling the necessary documents online. With the present COVID situation I would rather do the entire process online, but I cannot find any receent document regarding the status for Karnataka.
Old 18th April 2021, 20:21   #161
BHPian

(Experience at Bangalore RTO/Kasturi Nagar)

Though there was a news about Aadhar based authentication that will avoid RTO visits, I fear that's not in place yet in many RTOs, at least it was not as on 1/April. An option to authenticate with Aadhar used to show up for few days in March, which never worked through. And, then that option disappeared. Probably, they are sorting out any issues, they have had.

So, when I had to renew my two wheeler license, below were the steps I had to follow prior to my RTO visit on 1/April/2021:
1. Fill the online application
2. Upload all documents online (including the Form-1A Medical certificate that I had to obtain from a doc since I'm 40+)
4. Pay the fees online
5. Take an appointment for an RTO visit

On the day of appointment,
1. Go to the superintendent counter in the basement temporary office area with your document bundle containing
a. original license in a transparent plastic cover
b. copy of appointment
c. application submission receipt
d. copy of all online forms submitted
e. copy of all documents submitted (like address proofs, etc)
f. fee paid receipt
g. self-addressed envelope (Rs. 18 stamp)
h. original of the documents - for address proof or any other services
2. Once superintendent approves and initials the bundle, got for signature and photo
3. Once Photo is taken and you sign on the pad, you're done !!!

And, if you're lucky get a free covid test done. During both my recent visits BBMP was doing covid tests in the premises and RTO folks have made it mandatory to provide your swab samples before you can stand in the lines :-)

So, visiting the RTO is still required for Photo and Signature, though you have to upload both online well. Definitely, this is a step that can be avoided for sure.

Regards
Rex
rex_varghese is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 20:40   #162
BHPian

Guys there has surely been progress in Motor Vehicle related services in the last couple of years.

Renewed my mothers licence which was issued from Trivandrum RTO two months back. Recieved the hard copy in 7 days flat.
One needs to apply for renewal using the Sarathi Parivhan website, once application is initiated, the required documents needs to be uploaded and the fees is to be paid online.
Later the application needs to be printed and along with the copy of supporting docs, fee reciept, doctors certificate, original licence and self addressed envelope with 40 Rs stamp, all this was dropped off at a designated box kept in front of RTO.

And in a weeks time you should get your licence.

This is a pan India service as per my understanding. So process must be same.
sureshkishore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 23:08   #163

Hi folks, I have my Driving License from Hyderabad but I reside in Bangalore. I had lost my original driving license more than a year ago. It is available with me only on the Digilocker and Parivahan app.

I wanted to go to RTO office during one of the visits to Hyderabad and get the replacement. Due to pandemic, it is not a priority anymore.

I am looking for your views on whether the physical and original copy of the DL is absolutely required. I am not currently driving any vehicle in Bangalore and the car registered in my name, a Fiat Linea, is driven in and around Hyderabad.
Old 27th April 2021, 18:50   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Recently, there is an announcement that RTO visit is not required for DL renewal in many states. All you need to do is follow step by step procedure in parivahan site and upload all required documents and pay the .

Well the real world is very different. At least here in Haryana, it is. Did manage to get application No, and the forms online but the RLA authorities did not schedule appointment. Tele/helpline numbers did not respond despite repeated tries. The downloaded application clearly mentioned that physical visit to the RLA authorities is compulsory. Visited the RLA premises and managed to get appointment for to day (this was about a week back ).

Again went today and submitted all the documents including medical cert from an eye hospital and my driving license that just has a few days validity
left. Mugshot taken and fees paid and now I'm in possession of temporary driving license till I get the laminated card, which I was told could take upto a month. Went with a double mask as the COVID scare is on. By and large, the procedure today was fairly smooth. I still feel the authorities could make it more convenient for senior citizens over 70 years.
vkr15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 12:16   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Guys there has surely been progress in Motor Vehicle related services in the last couple of years.

Renewed my mothers licence which was issued from Trivandrum RTO two months back. Recieved the hard copy in 7 days flat.
One needs to apply for renewal using the Sarathi Parivhan website, once application is initiated, the required documents needs to be uploaded and the fees is to be paid online.
Later the application needs to be printed and along with the copy of supporting docs, fee reciept, doctors certificate, original licence and self addressed envelope with 40 Rs stamp, all this was dropped off at a designated box kept in front of RTO.

This is a pan India service as per my understanding. So process must be same.
If only I knew about the dropbox facility in Trivandrum, I would have gotten the DL renewed there itself by sending the documents to someone there.

In Bangalore, at least till March, you had to visit the RTO to submit the documents after filling the form online. I got my Trivandrum License renewed here. Took around 1.5 months to get my license. Apart from the RTO's attitude, everything was smooth. More about that here (Driving Licence renewal woes - Medical fitness certificate required!)

I wouldn't have imagined renewing an out-of-state license without going through an agent a few years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkr15 View Post
now I'm in possession of temporary driving license till I get the laminated card, which I was told could take upto a month.
At least you got a temp license. Here in Bangalore, they didn't even give an acknowledgment slip. Said, the first page of the online form itself is the ack.

Last edited by Jaguar : 28th April 2021 at 12:22.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks