Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2022, 14:41   #541
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
why should mud flaps be purchased ? Should it ideally not come as a standard fitment ? What type of mats are they providing ? Are they free or need to be purchased ? Is your dealer giving a standard cost of accessories in the price list ? If yes, what accessories are part of that amount ?
Mud flaps are to be bought and it is true for all other makes and models of car we have in our Indian market. Full carpet and floor mats are also to be bought as accessories. The costs for all these items as accessories are available on m2all portal. These can be sourced from aftermarket accessories stores (online or offline) also.

Check these essential accessories from the aftermarket offline stores physically and then you can compare the quality with M&M dealership's accessories. It will be prudent to plan for all these accessories beforehand to get the optimised combination of best price and quality. Add the mud flaps from day 0. Dust and mud enter through the front bottom corner of the front doors.

Also, exterior accessories which need to be pasted on external body shall be bought and installed on day 0. Because the exterior body on day 0 will have comparatively less grease or oily film; and the pasting will last longer. For example, installation of rain visor on windows, grill chrome strips or window chrome lines, bumper corner protectors etc. Many users complaint that all these are falling off quickly due to bad quality pasting. We forget that car exterior surface tend to get covered by a greasy, oily film once the cars start plying on road.

Some of the accessories I am planning for my Z4 AT (if I go ahead with the purchase finally):

1. Day-0 accessories- Rain visor, Mud flap, Floor full carpet, 3D floor mat, anti rust underbody coating (items decided); front grill chrome strips, window chrome lines, quarter glass chrome line sting shaped, 12 VDC power socket in the front (not yet decided).

2. Future accessories (confirmed)- Rear parking camera (will select after knowing the final resolution quality of higher variants), Fog lamps (sourcing unknown), Dash cam dual channel GPS based supercapacitor type with hardwiring kit (I may reuse the existing one, if I sell off the present car);

3. Future accessories (not confirmed)- TPMS (based on forum's suggestion), front proximity sensors, power folding type ORVM (based on successful retrofit in XUV700 by BHPians. I don't trust YouTube and Karolbag for this); headlight bulbs (based on stock bulb performance), seat covers (after checking the Z4 physically), foot step (I don't need it, but family members may require this), rooftop carrier frame, any other missing features of Z4 which can be retrofitted easily.

4. Tyres and wheel rims, (not confirmed)- will decide based on what our forum members suggest. I may continue with steel rims due to bad roads.

What I won't install are the bundled essential kit of dealership, and the chrome kit. The manual IRVM is acceptable to us. I have not considered any exterior coating or PPF for the above planning.

Last edited by RijuC : 15th September 2022 at 14:52.
Old 15th September 2022, 14:49   #542

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Anyone explored accessories for scorpio N? I checked with my dealer and they don't have anything yet. For now, just mats and mud flaps for me. M2ALL, I am not sure how good the product is. Please share your experiences. Thanks!
I have received following quote from my dealer for the accessories. Also just came to know all variants Ex-Showroom prices have been increased.
Attached Images

prjmend is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 15:06   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Also, exterior accessories which need to be pasted on external body shall be bought and installed on day 0. Because the exterior body on day 0 will have comparatively less grease or oily film; and the pasting will last longer.
You can always fit them later post detailing and removing the oiliness with IPA solution. In fact, in showroom they do wax polish before delivery and any fitment on top of that will fall off if the oiliness is not removed with IPA.

If you plan to do any ceramic or PPF coating, buy the accessories and fit them after the treatment.
Old 15th September 2022, 15:14   #544
BHPian

The markup on accessories by the Dealership is huge. Its better to get the accessories from m2all.com and get it fitted by some accessories shop or DIY.

For example, for the reverse camera on my Thar, Dealership gave me a quote of around Rs 6000 whereas I ordered the genuine camera from m2all for Rs 2500 back then and got it installed at the service center, Rs 1000 installation charge. For a total of Rs 3500, I got a genuine Mahindra reverse camera fitted with output on the main infotainment screen. Mind you thats less than what the aftermarket accessory guys were quoting and with the output on a aftermarket IRVM.

I have decided to resist any accessories from dealership as much as possible. Not worth paying the extra markup. I am ok with just Mud flaps and Rain guard/visors before delivery. Absolutely no to any more chrome as well for me.

Let's see what happens before delivery, when the time comes.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 15th September 2022 at 15:15.
dr_TJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 15:33   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Did you get a chance to check out the sun roof opening and the missing cladding? It has been discussed on the forum and we all hoped it will be sorted in the production versions. Did you notice any improvements or is the cladding still missing?
No. I did not. My Scorpio is yet to come when I visited the yard and SA was not keen to let me check out someone else's car. I will defintely check out when I visit the yard after my vehicle arrives and let you know.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 15th September 2022 at 15:36.
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 15:55   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
3. Future accessories (not confirmed)- TPMS (based on forum's suggestion), front proximity sensors, power folding type ORVM (based on successful retrofit in XUV700 by BHPians. I don't trust YouTube and Karolbag for this); headlight bulbs (based on stock bulb performance), seat covers (after checking the Z4 physically), foot step (I don't need it, but family members may require this), rooftop carrier frame, any other missing features of Z4 which can be retrofitted easily.
Z4 comes with a foot step.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 15:59   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
The markup on accessories by the Dealership is huge. Its better to get the accessories from m2all.com and get it fitted by some accessories shop or DIY.

I have decided to resist any accessories from dealership as much as possible. Not worth paying the extra markup. I am ok with just Mud flaps and Rain guard/visors before delivery. Absolutely no to any more chrome as well for me.

Let's see what happens before delivery, when the time comes.
Yes. Totally with you. That is why I am only looking for just the flaps and mats from the dealer. For my Thar as well, I got everything done from outside but then Thar accessories market was more matured as it was already a year into production when I got the delivery. With Scorpio N, totally fresh product, not sure if outside vendors will have the right products and fitment.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 17:22   #548

I got a call today from the dealer regarding My booking of Z8 D AT scheduled for Mar-23.
They offered me to upgrade My booking from Z8 to Z8L which they promised to deliver couple of months early. I denied it promptly as I am in no hurry.

It seems either Mahindra has over-produced Z8L variant or cancellations are happening beyond expectation.
santoshroyal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 19:00   #549
BHPian

Just curious, does it make sense to go for Anti corrosion treatment for a brand new car when corrosion/anti-rust warranty is already applicable??

Also, would love to hear views on the under body coating: effectiveness, durability, practical use case.

Thanks!
Old 15th September 2022, 21:26   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshroyal View Post
It seems either Mahindra has over-produced Z8L variant or cancellations are happening beyond expectation.
More probable reason is dealership has booked excess Z8L with random KYCs (mobile numbers) anticipating this early delivery policy and they are now not able to find enough customers for those or trying to earn some excess margin by offering those with premium.

Mahindra has many customers who booked Z8L and are in queue waiting for delivery. It is not logical that Mahindra from company side would push Z8 customers for upgrade before delivering to all those Z8L customers waiting in queue.
Old 15th September 2022, 21:34   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshroyal View Post
I got a call today from the dealer regarding My booking of Z8 D AT scheduled for Mar-23.
They offered me to upgrade My booking from Z8 to Z8L which they promised to deliver couple of months early. I denied it promptly as I am in no hurry.

Dealer was trying to push his ghost booking to you. For the sake of argument, you should have asked him for pricing and he will have asked for a premium.

Even if cancellations are happening, Mahindra controls the allocations (atleast for higher variants) and not leave the decision to the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prjmend View Post
Also just came to know all variants Ex-Showroom prices have been increased.
I don't think the new prices have officially come out. With deliveries starting on 26th Sep, an announcement now will bring bad PR as even the 1st batch of price protected bookings will be impacted due to taxation policy. I guess they will wait for a couple of weeks and then announce the hike formally. My uncle has a Z8L D AT booking (non price protected) in Hyderabad scheduled for delivery in late Oct'22. Dealer hinted an increase of 40K-50K in the pricing (on OTR).

Last edited by atluri_rkc : 15th September 2022 at 21:43.
Old 15th September 2022, 22:42   #552
BHPian

Per the local dealer Mahindra will announce the revised prices on 25th Sep, a day before deliveries start. Dealer is trying to get registrations etc. done ahead of 25th for vehicles to be delivered in first few days (i.e. if the dealer gets the vehicle delivery and the owner gives a go ahead to register).
Old 16th September 2022, 00:09   #553

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnautss View Post
Just curious, does it make sense to go for Anti corrosion treatment for a brand new car when corrosion/anti-rust warranty is already applicable??
Think of it this way, does maintaining your body by doing exercise, eating healthy make any sense when you have all inclusive health insurance?

It all zeroes down to maintainability, how often the car gets exposed to humid or wet environment and make your choice of going after treatment or warranty.
Rigs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 11:17   #554
BHPian

I got a call from dealer that my Z8L 4×4 which was scheduled for end October booking is now billed to them and available by end September.

Not sure if behind all the PR, there are many many cancellations.

Also I was waiting that Mahindra will release GNCAP by time I get my delivery.
Old 16th September 2022, 12:29   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
I got a call from dealer that my Z8L 4×4 which was scheduled for end October booking is now billed to them and available by end September..
Is your delivery status updated in mahindra website or does it show the same status?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks